Shadowsblade: School year 2.....Stop or my drow will shoot part 3

Printer-friendly version

Shadowsblade a Whateley Tale: Written by Shadowsblade

Created for war and forged in pain, dealing with demons within and without.

This is the story of a man who finds a magic box, one that changes him into a Teenage Drow girl (a dark elf) and he has to deal with the very sudden change. Then handle all the memories of a Drow that was 'made' for a long lost war. This new part of him, has 40,000 years of memories of fighting that war. She has to deal with all that pent up PTSD, her enemy is here, but she loves her. Her old Queen is here and she wants to kill, that Queen ohh so bad!

So far in the story, Rohanna is being sent to a high school for mutants. While in school, she has to learn to keep that temper in check and her vast skills at killing others! She has been attacked in Boston while shopping, by her new lover by accident of fate and by an assassin that nearly kills her.

The last major hurdle in her short new life, is that a science project gone mad! Has made an exact clone of her and linked it mentally to her every thought, it reacts like an extension of her body now.


The struggle is real and the twins are in the middle of it!


Note!!!

this chapter is the twins do their NYPD ride a long

~o~O~o~

Long about 4PM,

Leon asked us what we Drow would like for an early dinner because, taking one now was better than later as the usual dinner hours were always a mess around the city, so most cops knew to get fed early on or wait it out in hopes that dinner time would have to be postponed until long afterwards?

We told him that any good pizza was just fine along with all meatless Italian style dishes and most fish for the most part. So Leon nodded back to our suggestion and took us to one of the fewer Italian spots in this precinct, as the rest of the 'good' spots served a mostly beef or chicken meal affair!

Once the 'shop' was parked right out front of the eatery 'in the red' (gotta love being a cop, park just anywhere!) we all walked in and right away a waitress guided us to our spot just outside the main doors right on the sidewalk patio. Once there I could see why Leon had choose this spot! The cooking Pizza smelled just great and the few spaghetti dishes I saw on the way towards our seats smelled great too! But the last part was the real reason I'd bet...the booth had concrete wall as the one to our backs, glass on the other and open to the street. We might be in corner, but we'd see anyone coming up on our table long before they could grow a brain and get stupid!

Just after we got all seated and settled down, I spotted a beautiful TONS of different cheeses pizza being served to the table next to us, "Ohhh we'll take one of those!" we both said in stereo to the waitress before she even handed us a menu!

"I thought you would love this place!" Leon laughed.

"I'll have my norm Sally," Kelly smiled waving off the menu "and add a large sampler tray for us all. Ohh and pleases make sure none of them are made with any meat whatsoever, the twins can't eat meat....you know health issues?" he explained to the girl at a whisper.

"I'm good for the lasagna Sal...extra cheese just like my usual!" Leon added in next as he to waved off the menu being handed his way.

"Drinks?" Sally asked us all... "Leon want your orange pop over crushed ice?" she asked next and he instantly nodded back. "Kelly your coke?" she asked him to get a quick nod of agreement back.

"I see you two come here a lot!" Rehanna said checking over the menu for drinks.

I spotted what I wanted, "I'll take the chocolate milkshake...large! Please miss." I said handing my menu back.

"I'll do the mint chocolate and bring an extra one with two extra straws!" Rehanna quickly added to the list and the extra shake was for the Pixies!

Sally shook her head to the strange request, "Weird teen twins..." she thought, but did not verbally question the extra drink before adding it to our list and ran off to start our order.

A short time later the waitress dropped off our drinks and the tray of sampler snacks. I eyeballed the cheese covered potato skins as Rehanna grabbed a few mozzarella sticks off the tray with a small cup of drip!

I nearly sucked down two of the large potato skins as the Pixies took a few hidden sips of the mint shake we had got just for them, "Nice try I can see you two...and I mean the little two!" Leon played to them.

"Humm Leon can see them, I or we must be rubbing off on ya?" I stated that seeing the Pixies was not really normal for most humans.

"I would bet it's more my GG'ma's genes than you both rubbing off on me, she had the 'sight' I was told many a time by my Grandma and she was the neighborhood seer in a way. Ohh and matchmaker too!" Leon smiled.

"Makes sense, some humans are Fae touched and that power carry's on to their kids in some cases?" Rehanna stated her personal knowledge on the matter.

"Hummm really?" he questioned with a smile of pride, "See I am special Kelly!"

"I always knew you were 'special'!" Kelly quipped with an eye roll, "And surly touched in the head far more than 'just' a little bit!"

Our main dishes arrived and I barely got a slice fully eaten when I spotted something strange via my link with Lilac, "What the?" I whispered out thinking about what we Fae were all seeing right now!

What the strangeness Lilac had spotted and then flew off to check on for sure, was a very young girl crossing the street about a block down and she had a VERY young pixie as an escort...a far too young one?

Kelly had noted us both perking up suddenly, "What's wrong?" he questioned and Leon dropped his fork to free his hands up at the warning.

"Ahh Kelly nothing dangerous, but really personal to us Drow. We gotta check in on this and will be back soon!" Rehanna said just before we vanished with a port.

"Where'd they go?" Leon asked for a brief second before spotting us 'pop-up' across the street a short bit down the street. "there they are Kelly." he pointed out to his partner, "Down the block by some small kids and a young woman?"

"We'll keep an eye on them and if we see something...We go then, best to give them space. They can handle far more than we can." Kelly stated his idea for now and a few of the facts on the matter at hand.

We Drow popped up a few yards off from the small group of kids being lead by a young woman who was very busy making sure that the flock of five kids did not go bouncing off and get into trouble. We watched the girl that drew our attention with her ever present yet invisible to most humans sight Pixie. To us the child seemed very lost for the most part and very out of place among the other kids walking along with her, her eyes always searching the crowd for something or someone?

The Pixie itself was very young too, young to the extreme for one of their race being out watching a child by itself and it seemed to our well trained eyes that it was only about twenty years old at best...a baby for the most part to us Fae or the Pixies themselves!

"Why are you here all alone?" I thought and really saw the kid for what she was, now that I was much closer. I had been mistaken at distance that this was a very young Pixie watching over a human child. But no, this in reality was a Pixie watching over a Fae child...one of us elves!

"Why is she with humans, she should be with her own kind at this age!" Rehanna growled over to me via our shared mental link.

The small group stopped as the woman made time to pick up a bag of fruit from a sidewalk display, so we walked over nearer to the child, "Mani naa lle doien sinome amin ai er?" (What are you doing here my little one?) I asked in elven.

"Atara!" she squealed running to give my nearest leg fierce hug. (Mother!)

I looked down to the small girl as she looked up to me and spoke at a whisper, "Lle naa il- amin atara?" (You are not my mother?)

"N'uma amin naa il-, ikotane manke naa lle?" Rehanna asked as she stooped down to the girl's level. (No I am not, so where is yours?)

"Amin lost he`, amin lost amin atara ar' atar four moons n'alaquel!" she cried over to Rehanna and jumped into her arms.
(I lost her, I lost my mother and father four moons back!)

The woman that was watching over her kids spun to us at the child's sudden outcry and gave her head questioning tilt as she spoke, "You know what she is saying and understand her, I have been searching for a translator for months and she only knows a few words of english!"

I knew what the child was talking about instantly, a Fae child being raised traditionally would only know the elven language, maybe a little english with this being america and only understand the world in the natural ways. Where days are days, but months are the passing of moons and years are four seasons or the passing of a new spring or the season you were born to, be that summer, winter or fall.

"Yes I do, or we do." I smiled.

"What is it then?" she asked paying for the bag of fruit and dragging the other three kids over to us twins and the girl in Rehanna's arms.

"Elven or Fae." I said nonchalantly.

"You're kidding me?" she laughed at our explanation.

"Nope," Rehanna grinned as she pulled back some hair and showed off a pointed ear via letting our disguise fall just enough....she kept the human color of course, small steps for the humans. Never show them all in one bit if they have never seen a Fae in person!

"But her ears are not pointed like yours are?" she asked.

"That you can see!" Rehanna pointed out.

"Yep young Fae are magically made to blend in, so as to be protected. It's very normal to us!" I said taking the child from Rehanna as she waved to the child's Pixie guardian that was suddenly trying to hide fro both of us Drow and failing very badly!

~o~O~o~

Rehanna stepped aside to somewhat more private spot and waved to the pixie, "Get on over here!" she almost demanded in the Pixie's language, as Lilac stood on her shoulder impatiently tapping her foot.

"Yes guardian?" she whispered while getting nearer and showed enough knowledge that she was at least trained well enough to notice our magical mark of being a Grove Guardian.

~o~O~o~

Back over at our small group, the girl was silent as she hugged my side and buried her face on my shoulder. I am sure she felt very safe right now via feeling my magical essence flow and knowing I was one of her own kind.

"I am Rehanna. So tell me how did you come to be caring for her and what is your name?" I just had to ask the young woman tending to her flock of kids and this young Fae.

"I am Lela, I work for state child services and she was in a car wreck up state, both...you know?" she cringed at thinking the kid might think of her parents gone, "and only she....was left. I was hitched up with her four months back to use my connections with the UN's translator staff to find out what in the heck she spoke, so we could find her family and she just stayed with me since then. I try to find new translators or as I meet them at work or they come into the UN knowing way off dialects and who knows chance to talk to her. AND now here you twins are and you both can talk to her!" she sighed knowing an end might be in sight to the child's many issues!

~o~O~o~

Over at Rehanna she found a spot where she could sit and the new Pixie could stand on a small ledge at eye level, "So tell me what happened small one?"

The young pixie quickly rattled off the last few months at a verbal pace that would test even a speedster mutant on a sugar high bender! Both parents killed miles away in a car wreck, this Pixie was being trained by an elder of her clan and this was her very first time away from the home Grove! She had no clue where the nearest Grove was and could not leave her charges side...'ever' to go and find one! She was sworn to it and I know what that might mean to an untrained Pixie out in the human world for the first time. This little one was so young, that she only knew the most basic of spells and the Elder was to cover her learning the rest that she would need during the trip, but the accident happened on the very first day!

She finally stopped for a breath after speaking for over ten minutes nonstop! "So what is your name?" I had to laugh in hopes to calm her down a little bit!

"I am Maelyrra!" she smiled in pixie to me.

"Nice Maelyrra, I am Rehanna and I am Drow if you did not notice?" I had to ask.

"Never seen one or even heard of that tribe or clan?" she wondered to me.

"Drow is not a tribe or clan, its a race of elves or Fae young one." Rehanna waved a hand over her face to give the Pixie a small short look that the real her, "I'll show you more later, but now lets get your charge some help and you back home!"

Upon hearing that, Maelyrra knew that she was saved! Because Guardians never backed out on their words and she knew I could help her somehow! The young one buzzed around Rehanna's head as she walked back to the rest of the kids. Lilac was asking her questions and telling the young one what to expect.

Rehanna was walking our way as she pulled out her 'bunny phone' "I'll get on calling Arl in on this mess and see what he can do for her?"

"Who is Arial...." Lela asked.

"Arl is my best connection to other Fae or Elves nearby that might know this girl and find her family." I grinned while I lifted the girls face to mine, I felt that she was calmer now "So what is your name?"

"Velatha!" she yelped and quickly buried her face to my shoulder once more.

"Nice to meet ya Velatha. I said in english to include Lela in our talk.

"Velatha is her name? All I could ever get out of her was something that sounded like Val...so I have been calling her that for the last four months." Lela reached over and gently rubbed Velatha's back, "Nice to meet you and finally know your real name Velatha."

Velatha only glanced up to Lela before burying that cute face once again. "I have to guess she is shy, but I am sure she likes me!" I giggled.

Just then my radio's speaker crackled to life on my shoulder, "Ahhh Officer Rohanna what you got going on over there...Pizza is getting cold!" Leon asked me.

I thumbed the radio on, "I got a lost Elven girl here and I am working my contacts to find her family. Give me a few and box the pizza for me Leon?"

"Got it and we covered the check....you buy the late meal!" I could make out him grinning to me via radio and that surly meant...expensive!

"You know I got it covered, we'll stop for snacks later too and off." I laughed and let the radio go.

"Copy that..." he said in closing.

Arl answered his phone on one ring! Rehanna took several minutes to tell him the whole sad story and got him up to speed, "I had heard of a missing family in that area, but one clan or family does not talk to all the others. So I will call the council of elders and find out. But this might take a few days?" he questioned on the line's end and was surely making notes or finding names in his note books, that I was sure he kept!

"Humm I don't think I can leave this child alone" I added knowing my pull or bindings to protect the young was strong and the child's needs certainly pulled me to help out no matter what!

"Call the park's Grove for help and I bet you have an army at your beckon call...you are a Guardian...use it!" Arl reminded me and drove that binding on us to protect the young away for now.

"Good idea!" Rehanna said as Lela handed her a personal business card to photograph and sent to Arl via the net.

"I'll give Lela your info and you two had better get together on this." I warned him.

"I promise by my family name Guardian to do all I can...just like we all do!" he stated to us both.

"What is Guardian and the Grove?" Lela questioned Rehanna overhearing the conversation so that she could be involved better.

"Guardian is like a cop to Fae and the Grove....well that part of our lives is very complicated!" Rehanna laughed.

"Yep VERY complicated indeed!" Arl said joining in on the laughing too!

"I'll or we will let you go and get busy Arl...thanks." Rehanna said.

"Never thanks, it is what we do for our Fae kind Guardian and glad to serve!" he said and the line dropped.

With the phone call over, I mentally told Violet, ~"Go get us some help in the Park please my small one."~

~"On it!"~ she barked back and flew straight up to give her space to make a gate to the park. The Pixies could not really port without us Drow, but the very first spells we had taught both of them how to make small gates to anywhere in the world quick and even quicker to Groves that were better linked via magic ley lines and New York's Central park was one HUGE nexus of many such ley lines!

Violet flew up a few stories, made her gate and 'poof' she was gone instantly from sight. In central Park she popped up via a gate right by one of the biggest and well hidden trees of the whole park, darn near center to the ley line nexus. Where she formed a 'calling' spell of the Guardians.

The spell lit-up the whole area in magical light that only Fae could even see and the Grove went nuts! "Ohhhh boy I might have over done that!" she squeaked out in surprise to the Grove's reaction!

Both of us Drow felt the Grove stir from even this far away, "Ohh Violet I said get help, just a few Pixies...not Drop a Ghostbusters like bomb on the city!"

Velatha looked up from my shoulder to the bright magical light filling the sky that only we Fae could see, "Ohhh pretty!" she laughed.

"Ohhhh overkill!" Rehanna said shaking her head to the light!

~o~O~o~

~o~O~o~

~o~O~o~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shadowsblade here.

This story in a joint venture with a group of fan fic authors, so far this group is made up of Nuuan, then Branek and finally myself. We all got together and after a jumpy start decided to make a group of stories that all take place within the Whateley fanfic universe.

To have an idea about the main protagonist this story's will develop
around here is a short introduction.

Angels Peril a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
Tormented by the past, Angel is struggling between light and dark.

Melvin a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
They say old soldiers never die, Melvin is about to learn that the hard
way.

The Way of the Dragon a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
Born for eternity but vulnerable like a child, dragons shouldn't leave
their nest.

Every Rose has it Thorns a Whateley Tale: Written by Nuaan
Watch what you say around rose, could give you more trouble than you ever
asked for.
This one is coming soon, bug him for it! lol

Kelly a Whateley Tale: Written by Nuaan
Struggling with fate, Kelly has to deal with love and loss.

Shadowsblade a Whateley Tale: Written by Shadowsblade
Created for war and forged in pain, dealing with demons within and
without.

Vantier a Whateley Tale :Written by Shadowsblade
Ancient and Powerful Vantier awakens in a foreign world, struggling to
find her place in it.

You might ask yourself what is the Whateley Universe? To make it short,
here is a abstract straight out off the wiki.

Whateley is a Prep School for different teens. VERY different ones. Where else could a kid go to a school that has a resident demon living in the furnace? Or meet magic users, mutants of every imaginable kind, get trained in how to handle some rather odd abilities, and worry about
flunking Freshman English? Come visit Whateley Academy, nestled in the
lovely hills of New Hampshire. Just down the road from a town named
Dunwich... (Mythos jokes purely intentional).
This is the Whateley Academy Universe, a shared universe with over a dozen authors and more than a hundred stories (and counting). The stories range in size from vignettes to novels. It's a Mutant High scenario with both a strong transgender theme and a slightly watered down Cthulhu Mythos theme.

It's also very much a work in progress.'
If you want further information you will find them on.

http://crystalhall.wikia.com/wiki/Whateley_Academy_Wiki

or

http://whateleyacademy.net/

But I have to thank, Both Branek and Nuuan for their vast input and the ability they both have to 'bounce' off ideas and improve them!

To all my readers who have e-mailed me and given support--THANKS!

Please feel free, to add a review to this story and others. As those kind words are 'cookies' that keeps that muse well fed on the 'sometimes' long breaks between stories!

Copyright © 2020 by Shadowsblade

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced,
distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including
photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods,
without the prior written permission of the Author, except in the case of
brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other
noncommercial uses permitted

this warning is for our story stealers off site, not the BC family of readers we all know and love!

up
173 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Sumthin bout NYC

Pixi fire-works!!

alissa

yep!!

shadowsblade's picture

Fireworks as in Violet thought she was lighting just one and lit off the whole bag off them!

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

Overkill,

Overkill,
I'm not sure why Rehanna is surprised that seems to be normal for the Drow why wouldn't it rub off on their pixies.

Yep, never a dull moment with the twins

Jamie Lee's picture

It's never a dull moment when the twins are around. Finding the young Fae girl, and pixie, sure was fortunate for both girl and pixie. Had someone who knew what language the young girl spoke, could have captured her and turned her over to some really bad people.

Violet doesn't know her own strength, lighting up the Grove like she did. It's going to drive other police nuts, thinking someone is shooting off fireworks in Central Park.

Others have feelings too.