Tales of the angel pandemic-From woodsman to woodsgirl?

Printer-friendly version

Tales of the angel pandemic-The woodsman

Chapter one.
Growing up the youngest of three boys in rural Alabama was pretty tuff, everything between me and my two older brothers was a competition.

Cole is the oldest then there was Caleb and me Clay or Cotton as everyone called me.

Dad ran the family logging business and us boys were raised up in it, logging was my life.

After I graduated highschool I joined Uncle Sam's Misguided Children for about six years. Both my brothers also graduated highschool but out of the three of us Caleb was the only one who went to college he's now a game warden with the state but Cole and I followed daddy and grand Daddy's foot steps and went to the woods.

As soon as I got my DD-2 14, I traded my M16 for a McCullough and I had been doing it ever since.

I loved my job at that time I was thirty three and making eighty thousand a year. I owned my own house with a five acre lot and my 2014  RAM 3500 was paid for.

 But best of all I had the prettiest girl in the whole state wrapped around my finger.

Life was good and i was happy with how it was going.

But then it happened.

I remember I woke up feeling a little like I was hung over which was odd cause I hadn't been drinking the night before.

I got dressed ate a hot pocket for breakfast and then I drove to the yard to meet dad, Cole and the others.

Cole mentioned I looked like shit but he'd let me know if he saw anything wrong with me. I gave a sarcastic "ha ha" and he laughed as he patted me on the back.
I  got in the company truck to head up to the landing we had been working on up near the state line which was about an hour drive from the yard.

We followed behind dad who was driving the company van with the others.

We were pulling a twenty five foot goose neck with all the tools and light equipment that we couldn't risk leaving at the site, especially with all those damn protest going on at the time.

I tried to sleep a little on the ride but I felt like I was going to throw up the whole way.Cole asked me several times if I was ok, I wanted to say no but I wasn't the type to let a stomach bug get to me so I told him I was fine.

We got to the landing where we had our usual morning prayer before we headed out.I grabbed my gear and made it about thirty feet before I almost passed out.Dad came running up and took one look at me before deciding I needed to go to a doctor.

 Dad raised us with a stern hand but he's always been a kind soul he was also a medic in the army so he knew that something was wrong with me.

Dad couldn't leave the landing cause he had work that required his presence so he had Cole help me back in the truck, he unhooked the trailer and we started back home.

"Hey man just drop me at the house I'll be alright" I said.
"Ain't no way, dad said take you to see the doctor so that's where we're going" he said.I knew there wasn't no use in arguing so I tried to rest.

Well we went to the doctor and after a ton of questions he determined I must have gotten ahold of some bad food or something.He gave me a round of something for my stomach cramps and headache then told me to go home and get some rest.

He didn't have to tell me twice.All I really remember is Cole bringing me to my house and  helping me to my bedroom.The next thing I knew I was waking up and it was dark outside.Felt alot better but as soon as I sat up I felt an urgent need to throw up.

I reach for a garbage can I keep by my computer desk next to the bed and got it under my face  just in time, I damn near filled it up I had never vomited so much in my life.

It was dark and the only light coming in to the room was that of the moon.
I moved my legs to the side of the bed and sat up while stretching out and it was at that moment that something clicked.

"Something ain't rig..... I said to myself but I stopped.

It....it wasn't my voice, it definitely wasn't my voice, I felt my chest and felt two very small bumps then I felt my hair, hair!!!
My head was shaven that morning, I felt my chin and instead of a bushy beard I felt almost silky smooth skin.

I stood up in the darkness and my whole body felt off kilter I stumbled as my pants and underwear fell around my ankles.I was afraid to turn on the lights, I had to be dreaming but then as I shuffled across the room my big toe made contact with my dresser.

I bit my plump lip and squealed a sound that no man should make.

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON"? I or someone said, then it hit me the words were mine but the voice was that of a young girl.

My hand shot down to my groin only to be met with an empty space, I guess that was to much because the next thing I knew the sun was peaking through my windows.I heard a banging on my front door along with the door bell ringing.I pushed myself up and almost lost it as I saw strands of bright blue hair fall in front of me.

As I stood up and looked down at my body at least what I could see of it sticking out from my now extremely over sized Black Label Society T-shirt I heard the lock on my front door turn.

Only two people have a key to my house and that's my dad and Heather my girlfriend.I braced myself as the door opened and i heard, "Clay you ok"? It was my dad.

I was silent but inside I was losing my shit.I slowly walked towards my door and out into the hallway, my dad was standing right there  at the other end and it was like his heart just dropped to the floor.

I could see his face as he turned his head and looked away for a brief moment.

I felt tears coming and i tried to stop it, I expected my dad to ask who I was or something but instead he closed the distance quickly.

I flinched and closed my eyes bracing for something but all I felt was his hand on my shoulder."Son is at you"? He asked softly.
I looked up and I could see his eyes were watery.

My dad doesn't cry, in all my years the only time I ever seen him cry was when grandma died when I was fourteen and even then it was just a single tear.

My dad was hard on us when he needed to be but he is a great man and a good Father.I nodded wondering how on earth he figured that out so quickly almost like he was expecting it or something but at that moment I broke down.

I wasn't a crier but at that moment I couldn't hold back as my body went weak and I fell, my dad caught me.

"What's happened to me dad"? I asked.
"We don't know all we know is its happening all over the country, you're not alone there's been thousands in our state alone" he said.

"As soon as I heard the symptoms I figured something like this, I was hoping not but I braced myself for this" he said as he hugged me.

"Come on let's get you something to wear we're going back to the house yer momma don't know yet" he said as he helped me to my feet.

It was odd but at that moment I was seeing a side of my old man I had never seen before, it was freaking me out.

I went to my bedroom and looked for some clothes that would fit me, I figured the shirt I was wearing was ok but I needed pants.
I looked about the same size as Heather so I found a pair of her jeans she had left, I decided to go commando cause I had no desire to wear my girlfriend's undies.

I pulled the pants on and to my surprise and dismay they were a bit too big so that ment that I was in fact smaller then my girlfriend what really freaked me out was that I had to roll up the legs a little.

This whole time I had been doing good to avoid the mirror in my room but as I sat in my desk chair pulling on a pair of my girlfriend's running shoes again a tad bit to large I looked at myself.

Gosh I looked young, perfect skin large cobalt blue eyes and a very unnatural hair color.

I looked cute hell not just cute but adorable.
And I hated it.

I made my way out to my living room and dad was on the phone with mom.He looked at me and motioned towards the front door, I walked out into the warm Alabama sun and looked around.

Every nerve seemed to be extra sensitive, I took a deep breath and smelt things I couldn't recall smelling.Dad locked my door behind me and we went to his truck, 1989 F-350 dually 4x4.

I had to crawl up into the passenger seat, only when I sat down did it dawn on me how much smaller I had become.I use to have very little issue getting in my dad's truck but it felt like I was climbing a tree almost.

I watched as the scenery passed by, it was odd I drove this route thousands of times before but I never really paid attention to everything to see on it.We made our way to my parents house and I braced myself as I saw  both my brother's trucks in the driveway.

"It's ok I already texted everyone and they should have an idea bought yer situation" dad said as we stopped.I took a deep breath and climbed down out of the truck.
I was about to walk to the porch when the door opened and my mom and brothers walked out on the porch.

Moms eyes got huge and she did the classic mom thing where they touch their lips then like a rocket she took off towards me."Oh my Lord Clay are you ok"? She asked as she hugged me tightly.

"I...I don't know momma" I said in my new voice.
Mom lead me to the house and Cole and Caleb moved aside to let us by.
We sat in the living room and all eyes were on me and even though i knew my family loved me and were doing everything they could to make me feel at ease there was a tension in the air that could have been cut with a dull butter knife.

Mom had already been cooking and the house was enveloped with the aromatic sent of home made chocolate gravy and biscuits, bacon and eggs.
And at that moment I realized I was freaking hungry.

"Is breakfast ready"? I asked.
"Yes it is come on in the dining room and I'll fix you up" mom said as she hurried off into the kitchen.

Me my brother's and dad walked awkwardly silent to the dining room and sat at the table.Mom brought out everything and sat it on the table afterwards she went to get the plates.

My brother's and i offered to help but she told us to remain seated and she would take care of it.After the plates were sat momma sat down at her usual spot across from daddy  and we all held hands.

My dad lead us in a prayer, "Our Father who art in heaven hallowed be thy name, Father God I ask that you be with those affected by this event. Help and guide them as well as us and Father I ask that you be with my son Clay as he goes through what ever trials and tribulations he may face in the coming time. I ask this in Jesus most precious name Amen" after the prayer the awkward silence returned.

None of us knew what to say or do.

Apparently momma had already called the number on the news channel and she was told that someone would be out as soon as they could get to me but apparently what was happening was nation wide and none of them knew what was behind it.

So I just tried to be strong and ignore the strange feelings, the sight of my once strong manly hands that use to be attached to a large bicep built up from years of military service and lugging around log chains and chainsaws.

Now a dainty hand attached to a slender hairless arm, my hands looked and felt so soft like I had never done a single day worth of work in my life.

I started to eat and eat and eat, I was starving, it felt like I hadn't eaten in days but after I finished  my first plate i waited till it seemed like the others had had their fill before finishing off all the leftover breakfast everyone was Looking at me funny.

"Well it seems one thing about you didn't change" mom said which apparently was all it took for us to relax enough to laugh.

"I don't know i was just hungry I guess" I giggled and almost gagged at how girlish it sounded.

I was finally starting to relax.

Mom started to clean up and dad, Cole and Caleb went back to the living room.

I started to take in the feelings of my new body, the weight of my hair, the lack of facial hair, the lack of "other things" I stood up and decided to go upstairs to my old bedroom.

I walked in and other then the place being clean it looked just the way i had left it when I went to boot camp at eighteen.

I walked over and sat on my bed, I looked at myself in the mirror above the dresser I could swear I had seen this girl somewhere before.

I was broken from my thoughts when my mom lightly knocked on the door frame.

"You ok"? She asked as she walked over and sat down beside me.

"I guess I mean, it's not exactly how I imagined spending my morning" I said looking at us sitting in front of the mirror.

"Believe me it's not what I expected either" mom said.

"So is everything girl"? She asked and i knew what she ment.

"Yeah... I mean I don't have "it" anymore but I don't know if it's "that" or not.

"Well we're going to have to see my doctor to get you a check up, but that can wait right now I think it would be best if we went to Walmart and got you some clothes that fit you" mom said standing up.

"If your up to it that is" she said.

"I ain't been a girl a full day now and you're already wanting to go shopping"? I stood up and looked at myself.

"I don't really want to but I guess you'r right" I said giving a somewhat sad grin.

To be honest i was getting tired of having to hold up Heather's pants to keep them from falling down around my ankles.

Mom and I went out to her car.

I was pretty nervous about what i was about to do but I understood it needed to be done.

We went to Walmart and headed to the girls department.

Mom picked out three pairs of regular looking girls blue jeans and told me to go try them on.

I found the best fitting pair and that's the size mom used to get other pants and underwear.

After that we found a few t-shirts I liked that weren't very girly.

Then we went to shoes and I got a pair of tennis shoes grey with purple laces and trim were the least girly they had in my size.

After that I found a pair of bram work boots, these were for boys but they fit and I figured i would need them for work.

I know my life had just drastically changed and i was worried about getting back to work.

Walmart was unusually quite that day, there were just a small handful of people milling around.

I still felt as if all eyes were on me, I mean  normally I might not have been noticed, but I now had this tacky long bright blue hair.

Mom called it aqua, I just call it blue.
After shopping for a bit mom decided we had enough stuff.

I didn't really pay attention to all that she had put in there other then my new clothes.

We stuck with blue jeans, tshirts and some casual plaid lounge pants.
After we paid mom and I walked to the bathroom and she handed me a pair of pants, a plain dark grey hanes tshirt and to my embarrassment I saw her open a pack of cotton panties.

"Here these should fit", she said handing me a black pair with white trim.

"Mom I'm not sure if....
"Tust me you walk around without anything under those Jean's for long enough you'll be wishing you had these on, they are just underwear nothing more" she said holding them out to me.

I could feel myself blushing as I took them and the other clothes into the handicap stall.

After I put everything on I looked at myself and I felt myself getting nervous, this new shirt was snug on me and showed a lot more then I was comfortable with.

"Ah...mom"? I stammered.
"Yes dear" she said opening the stall door.
She immediately noticed my issue.

"Oh I see we forgot something, well put your big shirt back on over it and we will go nextdoor for a fitting " she said backing out of the stall.

I put my shirt on and walked out.
These clothes were a lot different then what I was use to, everything felt so clingy and snug.

I looked in the mirror and saw myself , I looked so freaking young.
I was doing my best to keep a strong face but inside I felt like the world was crushing me, I felt like I was suffocating and was hoping that this was all a horrible nightmare.

Mom patted me on my back and we left Walmart. Afterward we walked nextdoor to a place my mom rents out.

"Sally's Lingerie and finery"!
We walked in and my eyes were filled with a sea of color and fabric, bras and panties were on display everywhere along with other intimate clothing items.

Without saying I felt extremely out of place.
"Hello welcome to sal...Oh hey Judy how are you" Stacy mrs. Sally's grand daughter said as she came out of the back room.

"I've been better stacy, is your grandmother in today"? My mom asked.
"No shes in Memphis meeting with some people, what's wrong"? She asked while sitting the packages of clothes she was holding onto a nearby display.

"You know my son clay right"? Mom asked.
"The hottie with the beard and tattoos"? She laughed.

"Yes the one who is sixteen years older then you" my mom quipped.
"Yes I've seen him around town a few times what's up".

My mom stepped aside and I just stood there not knowing what to say or do.
"Ar...are you saying this is Clay"?stacy asked as I saw her turn red.

"You heard about all the people this morning right" my mom asked as she put her hand on my shoulder.

"Yes so he's one of them" she walked over looking at me up and down.

"Yes and well he needs a measurement" mom said.
I had no idea what she was talking about but looking at my surroundings it was becoming plain what she was talking about.

"Ok then come on in back and I'll get the tape and clip board" stacy pointed towards the back while she walked behind the counter.

Mom motioned for me to go back and then told me to go into the changing room.

I did and then mom told me to take off my shirt.
I felt extremely uncomfortable as I did what my mom said.
Normally stripping off for a girl wouldn't have phased me in the least but at that time I felt like I wanted to pass out.

But I was trying as hard as I could to hold everything together.
Stacy walked in and looked me over.

"Dont worry I do this all the time" she said as she motioned for me to raise my arms a bit.
She measured me in multiple directions and made little notes on her pad.

She left the room and a few minutes later she returned with some plane white, black and tan bras.

She had me slip into a black one and then she clasped the front together.
"A 36, not the biggest in the world but just right for your size" she said as she adjusted the fit a little.

I had to admit the support felt nice but I was still screaming in my mind.
"Why am I so calm"?
"How am I holding together like this"?

And many more questions ran wild through my mind.
Mom came in and looked me over.
"Are you ok"? She asked.

"I...don't know, mom I'm trying to hold everything together but I feel like I cant breathe and like I'm just wanting the ground to open up and swallow me I...i..I feel....

"Clay, Clay listen to me it's ok, you're going to be ok just calm down and breathe" mom said as he held me.

I had never felt like that, I had always swallowed my feelings, that's what your suppose to do, that's what I did when I got out of the military, it's what I did when my friends were killed and it's what I wished I could do in that moment.

But at that moment, when my mom hugged me I felt tears streaming down my face, I felt my body go limp as the gravity of the situation finally hit me.

My life as a man was over, even if they figured out what had happened to me how on earth could they return me to my former self?

I cried, for the first time since I was six years old and my dog Joe Joe died i cried.
I'm not sure if it was just this event or the multiple events throughout my life where I should have cried but I held it all in but at that point I let it out.

After about fifteen minutes of this I finally calmed down, stacy had left and it was just me and mom there.

I stood up wiping my eyes with the tissues mom had been handing me and I looked at myself in the large mirror.

"I guess this is me now"? I said.
"Your going to be ok, it's not the end of the world" mom said squeezing my shoulders from behind me.

"I've been doing this girl thing for fifty six years and if I can do it then believe you me I have no doubt you can do it" mom said as she hugged me.

I put on the shirt and noticed the difference a bra makes in the outline of my body.

I'm definitely small, I know my mom is five seven and my girlfriend was five five so I had to be at least five two or three and my boobs although small by most standards looked big on my small frame.

We walked back out and mom paid stacy who just smiled with sympathy and handed our other purchases to us.

"Hey if you ever need someone to talk to just come on by, I'll probably be here" she said as we left the building.

I noticed stacy flipping the sign from closed to open as we walked back to the car.

I looked at my phone which I had left charging in the car and saw I had fifteen missed calls and a dozen or so text messages from my best friend greg.

I had known Greg since I was in the second grade and we had been best friends ever since.

We had both served together and unlike me he only had three deployments under his belt, on his third he had been the casualty of an IED which took most his left arm and both his legs up to the hip.

He was extremely suicidal for quite a while and even though we tried our best he had developed a drinking problem and a apparent magical ability to conjure alcohol out of thin air, we had tried figuring out who was supplying him and I had my suspension but no proof but like it or not it kept him from wanting to kill himself so I guess it was better then the alternative.

I looked at the messages and all them said to please come to his house it was an emergency.

I didn't know what to think, and I was pretty sure he didn't know about my situation but a brother is always there for his brother in need.

"Mom take me to Greg's house, I think he's suicidal again" I said buckling up.
"Are you sure, I mean....
"Mom please this isn't something we have time to argue over, I'm sure he'll understand " I said.

I tried calling him back but there was no answer, mom put the car in drive and we left, it took us about fifteen minutes to get to Greg's house on the other side of town.

It was a little run down to those who rode by but me and the other guys tried to help keep the grass mowed and the basic maintenance up when we could.

Greg tries to help but is extremely limited, I've stopped him from killing himself at least three times in the past two years Greg hated feeling useless and like a burden to others.

We pulled into the drive way and during this moment I forgot all about my current situation and my thoughts were on my friend.

I walked up to the front and took out my keys I had in my pocket, why they make these pants so snug I dont know.

I insert the key and was fixing to unlock the door when the knob turned and the door swung open.

Standing there was a girl about the same size as me with bright blonde hair and a huge smile on her face.

"Who the hell are you"? She asked looking confused, then she saw my mom walking up.

"Oh hey Ms. Judy"! She yelled and waved.
Then she looked at me real seriously.

"Bull shit no way, Clay is at you" she smiled and grabbed me in a hug then swung me around in a circle.

"Gre...Greg"? I asked dumbfounded.
"Yeah look I ave toes, and feet and look my arms back"!! She spun around and smiled out of breath almost.

"So what happened"? I aked.
"Well my nurse ajay left last night and I had been feeling like crap all day, she told me that I probably needed to move around a little bit but I didn't feel like doing anything, so I drank a few shots of vodka and went to sleep".

"And let me guess you woke up and puked everywhere"? I asked.

"Oh yeah there was a ton and I went to push myselfover with my good arm and then I fell out of the bed, i hit my head so out of instinct I grabbed it with both hands then it hit me and....and I.... look i have my life back"! She squeeled holding out her hands and looking down at her feet.

"Arent you freaked out that your a well you know"? I Motioned towards her.
"Clay, I wouldn't care If I woke up with four legs a tail and barking I can move, I can walk and pick things up again"!

"Look at this" she walked over to the kitchen and grabbed a tub of jelly, she held it up and using her new hand popped the top off.

"Do you know how long I've dreamed of being able to do that again"? She had tears in her eyes but I could tell these weren't tears of sadness.

"Well Greg, I'm super happy for you" my mom said as she walked in the house.
I see your in need of something to wear" mom said as she looked at Greg who was wearing a long oversized mossy oak tshirt .

"Yeah this was all I had that seemed like it would cover everything" she said while she scratched the back of her head.

Mom went out to the car and grabbed some Jean's, a t shirt underwear and a bra.
She came back in and her and Greg went into the back room.

A few minutes later they returned and Greg was wearing pretty much the same outfit I had on only the shirt was green. And she was wearing my work boots.

"The bras a little snug but everything else seems to fit ok" Greg said as she walked over and spun around in the living room.

"Hey do you mind if I come over to your house, I don't feel like being alone right now and Ajay won't be here till later" Greg asked plopping down next to me on the couch.

"Of course you can" mom said.
"Hey you wouldn't happen to have anything to eat would you, I'm starving"? Greg asked.

"Well Clay ate all the left overs this morning and if your as hungry as sh... he was then I dont know if I could afford to feed you" mom joked.

"Hey we can go to golden coral, they're all you can eat and I'm buying " Greg said holding up his old wallet and showing the cash in it.

"Well then let's go" mom said as she stood up from the chair she had been sitting in.
We all left and got to the car.

We made it to the restaurant again it was almost empty which was kinda odd for a Saturday afternoon.

We parked and went in, well Greg more or less skipped in.
I was still pretty nervous about my looks and the feeling of tightness in my stomach.

We went in to the counter and the lady behind the counter greeted us.
"Three please one civilian and two Veterans " greg said holding out his old military I'd.

"Im sorry but that doesn't look anything like you" the girl behind the counter said looking as if she was a little angry that we would try to impersonate Veterans.

"Look lady, I'm in a really good mood today and I'm freaking hungry as all get out, me and blue here are both Marine corps Veterans, I served three years in the 2nd & 6th with three deployments one to Iraq and the other two to Afghanistan" greg was letting her have it, normally he wouldn't be like this but I know from experience how hungry he's feeling.

"Look I'm sorry but.... "Rachael is there a problem" a man walked over wearing a tag that said manager.

"These little girls are trying to say they are combat veterans" she said.
The man looked at each of us the back at her.

"Have you not watched the news this morning"? He asked her.
"Well no I dont watch the news it makes me depressed" she said, what's happened.

"Please meet me in my office and I will explain" he said.
She looked at us and then at the manager who nodded his head.

"Are you two victims of what they are talking about on the news"? He asked.
"I wouldn't call myself a victim as for the last eight years I've been a triple amputee but yeah I... well I mean we were both guys yesterday" greg said.

"I can understand why your so chipper" the man said.
"I'm Danny, and your telling me the truth about your service right"? He asked with a serious look.

Greg told him of his service in great detail, I just showed him my old ID and my VA card.

"Well I believe the two of you, it sucks you went through that man, I feel like I got off easy" Danny said as he lifted his left pants leg to reveal a prosthetic leg.

"I stepped on an old cluster bomb getting out of a truck in the middle of nowhere, luckily my other leg and the rest of me was still inside so I only lost this one just below the knee" he said letting his pants leg go.

"I'm giving you a special discount on top of our veterans discount in order to make up for your treatment this morning" he said as he rang us up.

"Naw man it's all good we'll just take the regular"greg said.
"No I insist this is my way of both saying sorry and congratulations to you" Danny said shaking Greg's hand.

We paid and then we went to eat, I was still a bit hungry so I grabbed a spaghetti plate with a few sides.

Mom wasn't hungry so she just got some coffee, greg on the other hand filled a mountain of food onto a plate.

As we ate me and mom made small talk, greg was to busy stuffing his face with everything he could get his hands on to hold much of a conversation with.

Everything was ok till this man his wife and their four young kids came in.
They sat a few tables over and the way Greg was eating and talking must have been offending to them.

"I told you people in this part of the country were animals" I heard the woman say.
I was surprised I heard her as far away as she was.

"You would think they could at least have the manners not to eat like pigs in public" she said looking at us shaking her head.

"Dear it's how they are, they cant help it they are less educated down here then in New York they will catch up one day" the man said.

I felt my blood boil so I did what I felt was appropriate which was to look at her, she smiled a sarcastic smile so I smiled and flipped her the bird.

She instantly got pissed and rose to her feet.
She was pregnant so she waddled over to our table like a penguin.

"And what may I ask is your problem young lady"? She snarled.

Of course mom was surprised cause she was facing away from the couple and all she saw was me flip the bird.

"Oh golly gee whizz ma'am I's just a poor uneducated pig, I's sorry I don'ts knows any betters" I said in a overly exaggerated southern drawl.

Her eyes got a little big, "How did you hear me" she asked dumbfounded.
"Personally I don't know, but if you hate this part of the country why dont you take your gaggle of munchkins and get the hell out of here you pompous judgmental bitch" I said standing up and glaring at her.

"If I wasn't eight months pregnant I'd kick you in your little disrespectful mouth" she said.

"Sweet he......
"Shut up"! she snapped at her husband who had just walked up behind her.
"Look lady, I'm haveing a pretty shitty day today and quite frankly I'm not in the damn mood to put up with your kind or your stuck up attitude" I glared at her.

I dont know what came over me but this lady had somehow pushed the wrong button.

"Clay calm down"my mom got between us and pushed me away from her.
"What kind of woman names her daughter Clay"? The woman laughed.

"Well heffer up until last night she was my thirty three year old son" my mom snapped and I could tell her patience for this yankee was getting thin.

"Wa..wait are you telling me shes one of those that changed"? The woman looked horrified.

"Weem Oth are" Greg smiled with a mouth full of bbq chicken.

"You mean to tell me you're here in public"? She started to back away.

"You people don't even know if you're contagious" she screamed as she turned to her husband and kids.

"Jerry get the kids we're leaving"!
"But dear we....
"Jerry Goldshwin I said get the kids we are leaving NOW"!
They gathered their four boys up and left without even getting any food.

"Well that was odd" mom said as we watched them leave.
"Sorry mom I just heard what she said and I got pissed, that's never happened before" I said sitting back down.

It was true my nerves were just so on edge it was almost like they were on fire.
I was usually cool as a iced down cucumber but that day was extremely stressful for obvious reasons.

Greg finally finished eating after putting down five plates of food, I myself ate two before I finally felt like I was fully satisfied.

The hostess Rachael walked over to our table as we were about to leave.
"Hello, look I'm sorry about earlier I had no idea anything had happened " I could tell she was serious.

"Its ok, we're still having trouble believing it ourselves" Greg laughed.
She was mid apology when the door opened and in walked two police officers.

"That looks like them" one of them said as they approached us.
"Excuse me you two I don't know if you know this but you're suppose to be in quarantine, the CDC is asking that those affected by the outbreak stay at home till we can determine if this thing is contagious or not" the older of the two who I recognized as John Davis said.

"Oh hello John we didn't know about that" my mom said.
"Oh hey Judy do you know these two"?
"Well the blue haired one is my son clay and the blonde is Greg Harris" mom said smiling at him.

I knew there was some tension between the two of them cause John was my moms first husband, they were only together a year but when he would drink he got abusive.

I had heard that he had been sober for several years but mom still had her reservations when he was around.

"Well either way you need to go home till we can figure this thing out" he said.

"We'll head there straight away" mom said as she headed for the door.
I nodded as I walked passed John, he looked at me strangely like he wanted to say something but he decided against it.

Me mom and Greg rode home and made small talk, well mom and Greg made small talk.
Unlike me who was unsure about my future Greg was as giddy as a school girl "no pun intended " he was eager to experience life as a girl.

He and mom were talking about shopping and styles as we rode, I honestly couldn't blame Greg he had just been given a second chance at life but me I felt as if my entire world had come crashing down around me.

I couldn't understand why this had happened to me, why did God allow this, what's the point or lesson?

I had a lot to think about.

"I never thought I'd ever say this but I can't wait to get my hair done, or see what make up is like or wear a dress" Greg was so animated and mom was just as eager to help as much as she could.

I knew deep down mom had always wanted a daughter to do girl things with and seeing as Greg had no living family except for his brother who lived in Colorado mom was most likely going to jump on the opportunity to make up for lost time.

We pulled up outside the house, I walked inside and went to the living room.
I looked around .

My brothers trucks were gone so I figured they had gone home for the day.
Dad was sitting in his recliner watching the outdoors channel.

"He..hey dad" I felt awkward especially with my new voice.

"Hey son come on over and sit down" he motioned to the other recliner next to his.

I walked over and sat down just as Ted Nugent bagged a nice eight point.
We sat in silence for a few minutes just watching the show when dad looked over at me.

"I want you to know that no matter what happens or how you choose to go from here I'll be here for you" i could tell he was having a hard time.

Dad wasn't the type to show emotion, think genital when needed, harsh when required.
I know he loved each one of us in his own way.

And in that moment I knew he was serious cause of how out of character this was for him.

"I love you Clay and this... what ever this is doesn't change that" he said as he reached over and squeezed my hand.

"Thanks dad, I love you too".
We started back watching TV until mom and Greg walked in and sat down on the couch.

Greg looked different, it took me a moment to realize he had hair clips and his shortish hair had been brushed.

"So how do you feel"? Mom asked me.
"I...don't know mom, I'm just trying to take things one step at a time".

"Well don't worry cotton, I got yer back and so does everyone here" greg said plopping down next to me.

"Thanks Greg" I said with as much a smile as I could muster.

up
224 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

for a triple amputee

losing your manhood would be a small price for having limbs back

DogSig.png

Manly bits

With both his legs blown off at the pelvis, it's likely that the bits were already gone. Also, the way she was acting so giddy about girly stuff, she may have been trans. A former cis male might have been overjoyed about being whole again, but that wouldn't be likely to translate into getting excited about hair and makeup.

Or, it could be that the transformation nudges them in that direction, and being giddy accelerated the process for her.

Life long buddies

Unless they become exclusively attracted to males, they may become much more.

ew

I really hope not, that doesn't even make sense for their sexuality to change

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

I'm wondering

NoraAdrienne's picture

I would have thought they'd take the new girls fingerprints to see if they've change, but also to update their files. That way they could be issued new legal ID's.

Gads, what a prude

Jamie Lee's picture

Flash, bang, boy to girl, overnight. Wanting to be a girl would have made the change easier, but never having wanted to be a girl in any way has come as a shock to Clay. Right now he's feeling the loss of being his old self. Right now he can't see past the moment.

Greg is just the opposite, in that he is once again mobile, has his legs back and his arm too. Unless been there lost that, understanding why he's so happy is hard to do.

Thing now is what do they both do? Clay has his family, who does Greg have? Both are now under age even though both were adults. Knowing how people think, Greg will have to live with an adult.

However, things haven't really started to get hard on the two. People are likely to come and demand that Greg and Clay go with them for testing. And maybe to be kept locked up.

If only certain people have been changed, and others haven't been effected, then it stands to reason what's happening isn't caused by a contagion. Otherwise, every single boy would not be a girl. And, it seems to affect only those in the military who've had a rough tour of duty in some way.

Gads, could that woman be more of a prude if she tried? Her nose is so far out in front of her it's a wonder she doesn't get it slammed in doors more often.

Others have feelings too.

Poor Clay

It's rough to have to get measured kid, but at least you aren't stuck as a 7 year old like that one dude, yikes. I wonder how deep these angel transformations go, could they transition and basically live the life of a trans boy? I wonder

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D