The Prophet Revised Chapter 24 final chapter

Printer-friendly version


The Prophet


By Jasmine Monica


Chapter 24 Final Chapter


Serinina realizes that after everything she accomplished that she is still very unhappy and bitter. Her suffering wont end and she makes a critical decision and gets the help she needs to correct some of the things she did.

Serinina's bouts of morning sickness seemed to have passed within a few months into her pregnancy. Things were still rough for her but she was healthy enough to make a trip to see the one who had started this entire nightmare. She needed to visit the Goddess Prognita. The bitch who wanted her to be made into a girl whether or not Serinina liked it. Now with the full power and authority of Lilith within her, she no longer needed to search for a portal to travel to the other realms of the universe. She could create her own and go wherever she desired. She simply activated her power and phased to the Realm of Luna and saw the despicable Goddess Prognita.

“It is time for you to pay for the horror you inflicted upon my life, you disgusting bitch! I hope you like what has become the third age. I know that I do,” Serinina smiled sinisterly.

“You have used all of your will to resist my plans for the third age of mankind,” said the Goddess. “You have fought it with everything you could and have released horrors upon the world like they have never known. You have slaughtered millions in your mindless rage and sought to reform the world. I could do nothing to protect my beloved subjects and it has pained me to see what has become of you. There will be no glorious third age.” The Goddess nearly wept. “And now you intend to destroy me.”

“You should never have started the third age with my destruction,” Serinina snarled in rage at the Goddess. “To deprive me of my life, my very name and my sex. To place me under the power of my horrifying sadistic and cruel sister. No, I could not accept that. I had to rise above it all and reclaim my right. This is your doing, Goddess.”

Prognita just looked at her calmly. “Let me tell you that had you gone along with my plan, you would have found peace, happiness and power like you never imagined. You would have got what you wanted while your sister would have found nothing but frustration and misery in her new life. She would have ended up being hated and deposed. It would be your name that would have been echoed into the ages. Not hers.”

Serinina smiled, “My name still will be, and no thanks to you.”

Prognita looked at her sadly. “But you are hated for what you have done. You are feared much like your sister was. Your sister is more of a martyr now. You will have to deal with her name being a rallying cry now. I hope that you are happy.” Now the Goddess smiled.

“Fear is the only respect that matters, my sister taught me that,” Serinina retorted. “She taught me that lesson very effectively. Again, thanks to you. I am no longer the weak boy that wanted to party and please everyone. That boy was crushed by you.”

The Goddess felt great frustration at being blamed for it all. She didn’t command Patinea to abuse and mistreat her little sister the way she did. She knew Patinea's frustration with her life. And she knew how Patinea was likely going to treat her annoying former little brother. But it wasn’t the Goddess’s will. Patinea was going to suffer the consequences for her actions. Serinina shattered everything.

“I blame you, Goddess. Because of your actions and your cruelty. Your stupid plan for a third age built on my destruction and humiliation. Goddess Prognita you have proven you are unworthy and ill-suited to be a Goddess. I suffered for your sake Prognita and I still don’t know why you all hated me so much. Was I that horrible? I don’t think so.”

“You were not a bad kid,” Prognita agreed. “But you were raised wrong and serious changes needed to be made that you couldn’t have done yourself. I am sorry Serinina.”

“Save your sorries. They mean nothing to me,” Serinina spat out acidly. Everything that I accomplished was in spite of what you did to me. I succeeded beyond what any of you thought I could. I proved I was not the weak kid that you could all shove out of the way for my sister.”

“Does what you did make you proud?” The Goddess asked.

“Yes,” replied Serinina proudly, “I have defeated you all.”

“Indeed,” agreed the Goddess. “But you have made yourself into that which you hate. You rule with force and fear, much like Patinea did.” The Goddess pointed out. “All of your family fears you now. Those that used to love and help you now fear your madness and your power. You have burnt entire cities with your rage. You have murdered millions. You exterminated thousands in your homeland for no other reason than the family they belonged to. What used to be a beautiful vibrant culture is now turning into something ugly and militaristic. And you rule through fear and your iron first. You are just like your sister, only much worse now. Does any of this make you happy Serinina? Are you really happy with how it all turned out? Is this what you wanted?”

“No,” replied Serinina in shame. “But it's my only option. It's the course you set me on so long ago. I could have accepted your plan but your plan was to crush me. I needed to be strong so no one could harm me anymore. I didn't want to be helpless.”

The Goddess smiled, “You wouldn't have been once you learned to unleash your strength. Even your sister couldn't have stood against you and it would have been in my name. She would have realized the cost of her cruelty and brutality. She would have stood alone while you would have had many who loved you.”

“I’m sorry Goddess,” Serinina replied. “But I cannot accept your plan and the pain it inflicted on me. That was all so unacceptable. I need to make my own path. Not one forced on me through my pain and suffering. I don't want to suffer pain for you and I don't want to be forced into a meaningless life or be humiliated for you. I know others were suffering but it wasn't by my hand. I had nothing to do with it. Everything that I did was all because of what you did to me. Does this outcome make you happy?”

“No,” the Goddess replied. “My beloved subjects are suffering by your hand now. This has really pained me.”

“Good,” Serinina said. “They deserve it. All I wished was to not suffer. I did not deserve what happened to me and as a goddess you should have known. I was really a good kid who did not deserve to suffer. I just wish I could have lived a life where I did not suffer. I don't want to bring a child into this life. But it is what I have chosen and it is what you have done to me.” Then Serinina reached out and removed the Goddess' crown. Serinina claimed the realm of Luna for herself and left the Goddess there, helpless.

Serinina returned to Denaerk and sat on her throne feeling depressed and angry over it all. She still felt the helpless pain of her life. And she knew she had become a monster. Serinina had justified her brutality by blaming it on Patinea and the Goddess. She was a monster but she was a monster of their creation. But somehow, that didn't help her.

“Do you really want a life where you don’t suffer?” A beautiful feminine voice asked behind the throne. “We can do that for you if you are serious. We can make the arrangements to do that.”

“Athena how could you do such a thing,” Serinina asked. “Not even me with Lilith's full power can turn back time and give me a new life. I know you can't,” Serinina retorted.

“But I can,” an even more powerful voice said behind Athena, “We can.”

The voice was Hera. Then she saw Nyx, Rhea and Gaia were behind with Hera. Nyx said, "We can use the power of Kronos to help us in that. This time will still exist but we can help spare you in another time. If that is what you want.” They did not mention that this timeline would eventually fade if Serinina accepted their offer.

Serinina found herself facing some of the most powerful gods in existence. Gaia, Nyx, Hera, Zeus, Rhea. Yeah, what they were talking about was within their ability. “But if you spare me the suffering then what will happen in that new timeline? What would you all do for me?”

“Whatever you want. If you want to prevent your change somehow and rule in the name of Maxis. In your father's name.”

“Absolutely not!” Serinina spate out. “But if you are serious about granting my wish. Athena, do you love me?”

“Yes,” she replied. “So does my brother. I convinced Hera and Rhea to help you and they gathered the elder gods of Chaos to help you. Whatever you wish.”

A sinister smile spread across Serinina's face. “They want a matriarchy. Let's give them one. Make me your son Athena. And I will become your daughter. But since I will be raised in the religion of Maxis. You must help me break free of it very early. Arrange with the Amazons to take me at a young age and help guide me in their way. I don't want to know anything about what will happen to me until the time comes. I want no link to this time. I know that I will have to be informed of the future when the time comes. So, I will be educated about it when I am abducted. The Amazons will abduct me on one of my childhood trips. They will take me to Themyscira and teach me. I know it will be a tough task. Abducting a Prince raised in a very male dominant and misogynistic religion and convince him to convert to a female dominant religion and be changed into a girl. But I know it can be done. Let them transform me when I am ready for it.”

Athena and Hera smiled. “We can make you transgender. That would be perfect. But you will know you will have to hide that part of you in your homeland. Being in Themyscira will be a paradise for you. You will have a girl's soul. You will be transformed into a strong female warrior. You will have to be transformed back when the training is over. But when Patinea and her witches transform you in my image. It will be a big shock. You will still suffer but nothing like what was inflicted on you before.”

Serinina looked and then said, “Do it.”

Epilogue

Then suddenly Serinina was Serin again. Except he seemed trapped and was being pushed around. He had no control over anything. He had been transported back to his mother Aanya's womb and she was on her back pushing for all she was worth. She was trying to push him out. Serin was eventually pushed all the way out and his mother named him Serin.

Serin's parents realized that there were some very curious things about their son. His elder sister Patinea enjoyed dressing him in her gowns as a toddler. Serin enjoyed that time with his sister so much. His parents allowed Patinea to continue to dress Serin as a toddler since it makes little difference in the long term. Serin really enjoyed wearing her gowns and pretending to be Patinea's sister. He enjoyed that so much that Serin burst into tears when the time came for Serin to take his place in society as a young man. His father told Patinea that the gowns would no longer be tolerated. Serin was crushed and he cried. It was as if his happiness was taken away from him. Patinea found that very amusing and interesting. She didn’t understand it at all. It was as if this boy identified with the girls much more and hung around her friends.

That put the first major rift in the father and son relationship and there were many others as Serin began to understand society and ask awkward questions. Many of his questions were about the status of girls in society and why there were no women in powerful positions.

Eventually, he understood his place. He was the heir to the crown. He understood what was expected of him. He took on a very sexist and arrogant attitude like what was expected of him as a male heir to the crown. Just like society was teaching him. But Patinea knew that his hostility and sexism was only a front to please society and his father. She saw beneath it all that he didn’t mean a thing he said. She knew that because of how much he admired women and his mother. And the questions he asked them when he was younger and got into arguments with his father. He didn’t mean anything he said about other girls. He got older and his insults at females become more vicious and effective. He also became more skilled at hiding his feminine nature behind an insulting sexist male hubris. Patinea still knew that he didn’t mean a thing he said. But it did hurt her. It was still frustrating and annoying. She swore to pay him back for everything he said and did to her.

Patinea realized as she got older that she was being raised to be a mother and a wife. She wanted more than that, but that was what she was being raised for. She was older and stronger than Serin but none of that mattered. She could never become the King even though she would be better at it than her brother would be. That frustrated her to no end. It enraged her. Why should Serin get to be king just because he was a boy?

Serin seemed fascinated by female warriors and the first age of mankind. He knew enough not to bring up the subject with his father by then so he discussed the issue with his mother and began reading books about the first age of mankind. That was the age of the Goddess and the Matriarchy that existed before the war overthrew it. Before the Age of Maxis.

But as time passed, Patinea saw that Serin had a strength of will that she could never possess. And then it all changed when Serin was around ten years old. None of the family knew, of course.

The caravan he was traveling to the east with was intercepted by a group of hardened warrior women that easily overcame Serin's guards and abducted him. Serin was shocked and amazed to see a group of armored female warriors leap out at his male guard and so easily overcome and kill them. Almost every member of his guard in the caravan was overcome and defeated. Serin was taken hostage by the female warriors. One of them bound his hands and began leading him. She introduced herself as Cassandra of the Amazons. Another girl introduced herself as Dianna. Strangely, these girls were around his age but they were so much stronger than he was. There were enough adult women in the group. He was taken to the coast, forced onto a ship, and taken to their island where Cassandra assured him that no one would ever look. Serin believed them. How could his family find him here? His family probably didn't even know his caravan had been intercepted. But the women told him that he would not be harmed at all. They were going to give him his dream and prepare him for his future. Of course, the small ten-year-old boy didn’t understand, but he admired these women. He was fascinated by the female warriors and the female kings of the first age.

Serin was kept isolated on the ship except for Cassandra and Dianna that were allowed to keep him company. Cassandra seemed to be in charge of this operation and she did her best to explain why they had abducted him. Cassandra explained that she wanted to help him. They wanted to protect and teach him. They wanted him to break away from the control of the Church of Maxis and learn the true value of women. She wanted him to learn that women could fight and lead. What he was being taught was wrong and it would cost him if they didn't help him.

Cassandra didn’t know that these were things he had little trouble accepting. He already knew that. Serin looked into Cassandra's eyes and said, “I have no problem learning about women's strengths. I love the first age of mankind and I want to bring it back. I know women can be strong fighters. I also know that what the priests are teaching me is wrong. I have dreams that I am a girl warrior just like you Cassandra. I feel bad for what the girls of my homeland are going through and I want to stop it. But why did you have to take me? What is it that you really want and who are you all?”

“We want to protect you,” Cassandra replied. ‘You have no idea of the prophesies the followers of the Goddess really believe in and will do anything they can to make them come true. That’s why we are here for you. And we want to train and help you become the woman you were meant to be. Not the woman that the Hekatin want you to be. Athena wants so much more for you.”

“I thought that the Hekatin were defeated. They are no longer an issue,” said Serin.

Cassandra shook her head, “No, they have been suppressed. But they are still very powerful and will destroy your life. You must beware of their intentions. Even your mother, Aanya, and your sister, Patinea, are leading members. They never loved you. They love their Goddess and their Prophesy. They will do anything to make the rule of women become a reality once again.”

Serin's eyes narrowed. “So why do you care what happens there and why do you want to help me?”

“Because you are female in your heart,” retorted Cassandra. “You don’t deserve what they want to do to you. You deserve to rule over them and that’s why we are here. We want to offer you training to fight as a girl. I want to also train you in Magic, powers that we use that has been granted to us by our Goddess Athena. And how to communicate with her and protect yourself from the Hekatin.”

“But I am a boy,” Serin responded. "How can I fight as a girl?”

“We can fix that,” Cassandra said. “If you wish it, the Goddess Athena can make you female. You have lots of time here. Your father wanted you to spend a year studying under Sun Tzu in the Tang Empire. We feel your time would be much more useful here so you have a year with us. We don’t want to hurt you Serin. I want to protect you. And prepare you for your future.”

Serin thought carefully before saying, “Let me stay a boy until I’m ready.”

“Okay, but I know that you really want to be female.” Cassandra smiled. “You will come around to us. We have lots of time.”

Xxxxx

They had no idea what a life-changing event this would be for Serin. He also started getting very close to Queen Penthesilea. Who adopted him as her own. He even began referring to Penthesilea as his mother and staying with her and her daughter Cassandra.

The Amazons weren't surprised when Serin requested to be transformed into a female and they took her to the priestesses of Athena. Serin began feeling the limitations of the training and his abilities as a male in this society, and the limited effect of his training versus the other girls. The training was having little effect since he was male and, as a result, he stood little chance against the trained female warriors in sparring. So, he requested to be transformed into a female. The priestesses gathered and cast the spell on him. He felt Athena's power fill him as his body was transformed. Suddenly Serinina felt a power he had never imagined. He was finally at peace with his body.

Serinina trained and learned with the Amazons for roughly a year, learning everything she could about the religion of Athena and the other Gods. She also learned Greek with them and began communicating with them in their own language. She trained to fight as a female warrior and that was about the roughest transition. Up to that point, Serin had trained to fight as a boy using male strength and techniques. She was surprised to learn to fight using female methods of combat and learned they were much more effective. Her first ass-kicking by Dianna drove home that she had to learn a new way to fight. Dianna defeated Serin when he was a boy and learned she had no hope of defeating Dianna's speed and strength. It wasn't until about six months into her transformation that Serinina began holding her own against Dianna's strength and then started defeating her.

She also was taught about the prophecies of the Hekatin and their prophecy about a boy becoming their princess. She was shown her own future and it was a crushing event. Serinina was shown how much her family really loved her and what their goals were. She was never really that close to her father Gerrick, but felt closer to her mother. Being shown that future and taught about their religion and prophesies destroyed Serinina's love for his/her mother.

The time came when Serin was to return to his family. Serinina was transformed back into a boy and transported back to the Golden Isles and his family. Serin even took part in the endless rowing and they docked at Rooks Rock where he went back to his family. His family thought the ship that docked at their port was very strange. It wasn’t the typical sailing ship they expected. It was a long narrow ship with three banks of oars. It was an ancient type ship that was still a very effective combat vessel.

Xxxxx

The change in their son was undeniable. He had always been distant with his father and even got into some vicious arguments when he was younger. He argued about the status of girls or why they were denied any positions of power within the Government. He flat out refused to agree with his father about the limitations of a girl. It simply didn’t make sense. Serin only agreed to accept his father's view just to end the discussion.

But Gerrick sensed that his son only pretended to agree. Serin didn’t really agree with him, he was just tired of arguing and realized any further discussion with his father was useless. This was before Serin's trip to the East. It only got worse after his return. But he kept his sexist attitude after his trip and pretended to be a misogynistic sexist male. He had to, but his mother sensed it was a front.

To his mother's despair, Serin became hostile and distant to her after the trip. Just like he was to his father. He treated her as an enemy and distanced himself from his mother with whom he had enjoyed a warm motherly relationship with before. Aanya tried to get answers but she got nowhere. She wondered if it was Maxis and he really agreed with the religion but she didn't think so.

Strangely, Serin sought more answers and often was caught in the Hekatin library. She found him reading ancient texts that were only meant for the eyes of young women. Stranger than that was the fact that some of those books were written by hand in the ancient language of the Goddess. They were written by hand in the first age of mankind. And Serin seemed to have no problem reading them. She marveled and was frightened by the abilities of her son. She knew he would change many things.

Another curious thing was Aanya's son took an interest in art. He hid much of his art from them but she invaded his quarters a few times to see what the secret was. She just had to know and Aanya was stunned.

Serin's art was filled with strong dominant female warriors and the language was written in a script she simply couldn't comprehend. She saw vast fields of strong female warriors carrying weapons very unlike that of the Golden Isles. They carried long spears and round shields fighting in an ancient method of combat. But it was clear they were all female. Some of them were incredibly strong. Other pictures showed what Aanya could only guess was a mighty warrior goddess dressed in the same way.

Then she saw a strange picture he painted of a temple to this goddess and one of the pictures showed him. She guessed it was him, only as a female around his age. She could tell that he desperately wanted to be female. And, Aanya actually saw Serin doing magic. How was this possible? But it was unlike any magic she had ever witnessed. It was a very different type of magic unlike any that the Hekatin had ever done. And the language was not of the Goddess. She tried to find the source of this but Aanya was unable to find it.

Amazons landed in secret on the Golden Isles when Serin was around the age of fourteen. They set up a secret temple and training camp for other girls. Serin met his friend Cassandra and trained with them as a girl. It was wonderful. Things were moving forward. Serin often traveled there to train with his friends. He helped them recruit other girls to their ranks. Their numbers swelled and Serin knew he was on the right path now. They were going to re-institute the first age. The corruption of Maxis was going to be destroyed.

Everything changed when the witch moon arrived when Serin was sixteen years old. Serin still held to his sexist front and insulted Patinea whenever he could. Only his insults were more personal and vicious toward Patinea, but not so much against women at times. He still insulted and demeaned women. But his actual behavior was different. He had a girlfriend and he was very respectful and honored her. Unlike his father and the culture which taught that women were just to be used.

The date for Patineas marriage was arriving and she was being put under increasing pressure to make decisions on her gown and the arraugnments of the marriage she didnt want. She was being arranged to marry a disgusting son of a Lord on Ansey. She couldnt face marrying that man at all.

But the plots against the regime increased. A strange young woman came from Guenefer and informed Aanya that Patinea was the vessel for Prognita and she was meant to be king and usher in a new reign of women. The entire Hekatin witches were joyous except for Aanya who knew there was something special about Serin. The plot moved forward. She was the one that gave Patinea a way out of this marriage her father was forcing her into.

And then Gerrick was murdered and the way was paved for a regime change. Serin didn't seem to care that his father was murdered. He was never close to his father and it was almost as if Serin felt that Gerrick got what he deserved. That hurt Aanya but she figured she understood. When Aanya asked him about his lack of emotion about his father's death, he glared at her and actually said, “I would figure you would be looking forward to his death. Didn’t Father stand for everything you hate? I know what you are and what you support. I support it too; I only wish you all didn't hold me responsible for what he did. I am surprised you care at all about his death, Mother.”

That was the most vicious things he had ever said to her. The plot moved forward. Patinea was resistant to a point. But beyond that point, she savored the idea of forcing her arrogant annoying little brother to wear a corset and a gown and live as female. It would serve him right. The Hekatin had a big meeting where they all agreed to transform Serin, proclaim him the little sister, and crown Patinea as the new King. Patinea was there and agreed that it must be done. They also agreed to treat Serinina very harshly and force her into the role of the Princess. She must be forced to adapt to living and dressing as a young woman. Patinea was excited and agreed. Aanya began having a very bad feeling about it all. But she held her tongue.
Patinea with her brother in charge now hoped that he loved her enough to stop the marriage and confronted him with it. Unknown to her, he tried to but the lords refused to budg and actually threatened him. Unknown to the lords, he was making arrangments that would eventually render them irrelevant in the new regime. They had sealed their doom by threatening him with war. So be it if they wanted a war. But Patinea faced him and tried to get him to call it off and his only response was hostility. He refused to and told her that she would marry and do her duty. She tried to ask him about how he would feel if he was a girl. He smiled and giggled girlishly. Then he just left and did a weird girlish twirl.

Then, nights before the upcoming coronation, Serin actually walked into the Hekatin temple and confronted the High Witch Falconette. She was frightened beyond reason and sensed that the plot was going to fail. He confronted her and said, “I know what treason you are planning against me and it won't work. My friends will slaughter you all if you try to deprive me of what is mine.”

Falconette was terrified and a tear dropped from her eye.

Then Serin said, “I have a proposal. You cannot tell anyone else. But go ahead and transform me. I am looking forward to it.”

Falconette blinked.

“I am a girl inside. But you must crown me, not my sister. My sister will be a disaster. She will not institute a reign of women. She admires the men. Crown me, and I will give you all what you want. I will crush the church of Maxis. I hate them anyway. I always have.”

“But I heard what you said about women and girls,” protested Falconette.

Serin giggled girlishly. “I had to say those things. But I never believed them. If you go forward with your plan, my friends will kill you all. Cassandra and her people are here. They are to make sure I rule. With me, you will get your reign of women. I will give you all what you want,” Serin promised.

Falconette felt she had little choice. She agreed and Serin said, “Don’t think of backing out. You cannot unless you all want to die. And don’t tell Actonia or my sister. I want this to be a big surprise. They have no idea what is coming.”

Then, a few hardened female warriors came in and Falconette saw that he did have friends. His friends weren't what she was expecting at all. She began to have hope. His friends were female warriors. Cassandra was among them. Unknown to them, his friends now ranked in the tens of thousands approaching nearly fifty thousand. Many women wanted a way to escape the brutal culture. Even some boys approached them with their sisters to be transformed and helped.

The night before the coronation, Patinea approached her little brother again and tried to talk to him about being a girl. She thought she was softening the blow by asking him how he would feel as a girl. And if he ever dreamed of it. Sarin decided to be honest and told her to her utter shock that yes indeed. He dreamed of being a girl every night. He was a girl once when he was ten and spent over a year as a girl. He even had his first period and was taught by the other women how to deal with those times. Patinea wondered if her brother was entirely sane but he seemed sane. He seemed to be real. Then he warned her that this was not going to end as she wanted. But he told her that she had to transform him into a girl. It was the only way and he would institute he first age again. She had to.

The day came and he was standing on the dais of a great temple for Maxis and preparing to become the official king. Sarins friends, Nyx and Rhea and her husband the titan Kronos went to Prognita to make sure that she would be unable to use her power to transform Sarin into the helpless girl she wanted him to be. The witches cast their spell and began muttering in their language. Then to everyone's surprise, except for Falconette, Serin did not change as they had expected. Instead of transforming into a little helpless weak teenage girl, Serin transformed into a large, hardened female warrior and began glowing. Solid bronze armor appeared on her chest. Patinea tried to push him down to his knees before her, but Serinina was too strong.

Patinea made her arrogant proclamation, “Let you all bear witness that there is no longer a male heir to the throne.” She shouted with emotion. “That makes me the rightful heir.”

Serin was not defeated at all and stepped forward. “Just because I am female and her little sister doesn’t make me not the rightful heir. Patinea may be older than me, but that is irrelevant. I am much stronger and much more competent than her. I am still the rightful heir to the throne under the authority of my goddess Athena. Challenge that if you dare.” Then she struck Patinea down with her large bronze spear. Patinea collapsed in pain and stared up at the spear aimed at her throat.

Serin snarled, “You will pay for what you tried to do to me. You all will. You thought you could destroy me, but you were wrong. I am stronger than all of you.” Then she struck Patinea on the side of the head and knocked her out.

A large group of female warriors carrying spears and shields approached them threateningly. Serinina smiled. The priests were lost and had no idea what was happening. Falconette knew they were trapped and did what she agreed with. She proclaimed Serinina as the King of the Golden Isles, much to Patinea's horror.

Serinina stepped forward and raised her fist in the air. “The Rule of Women will be reinstituted. The glory that was the first age of mankind will be realized under my rule.”

The Hekatin cheered and many women in the audience cheered. The priests were horrified but the Amazons subdued them

“The Hekatin must pay. As of now, the Church of Maxis is to be disbanded and outlawed. The Hekatin will help us with the new regime if they can agree to a peace between our two religions. But the conspirators that acted against me are now enemies of the Kingdom. Arrest these women!”

Serinina made many edicts and proclamations from that day on that deprived the Hekatin of their rights. It was worse than under Maxis. She did institute a brutal matriarchy under her women and the Goddess. She also deprived males of their possessions and positions of power were to only be held by the women of the regime.

Days later into the new age of mankind, Serinina visited her sister and mother that were being held in the dungeon.

Aanya spoke first, “So this is why you become so hostile to me. You knew we would try to do this years before we did. I won't ask you how you knew since you are obviously very skilled in Magic and have the support of a Goddess.”

“I am actually her daughter,” replied Serinina.

“I actually couldn't be more proud of you, Serinina. I should have known what you would do. Your fascination and our secret talks about the first age. I just wish it was under our Goddess.”

Then Serinina looked at Patinea who had a look of total defeat and sorrow on her face. If there was one good thing about this, its that her marriage is off. As a criminal in prison. But also the edict that no woman can be forced into an unwanted marriage, and in a marriage the woman rules. The man is supposed to be obedient. Her marriage was off. Serin glared at her and said in an icy cruel tone, “You wanted me to suffer as a powerless princess. All while you rule over me. I know you would have been incredibly cruel to me as my King.”

“Just like you are, but I wouldn't have had you imprisoned,” replied Patinea.

“Of course not, I committed no crime. Had things unfolded as you planned, I would had just been a victim of a coup and would have been transformed into a tiny busty and helpless girl. I would have committed no crime except be a victim of a sadistic plot. The crime was your doing. I would have just been forced into a life that was unbearable and humiliated by you. Forced into an unwanted change. But even with all of that, you still have no idea what I would have suffered. I would have been raped by enemies of our family. Then you would have had me impregnated. I would have suffered so much that I would have devoted my entire life to the total destruction of the Golden Isles.”

Patinea laughed bitterly. “This is so much better. While I wanted equality. Your stupid obsession with the resurrection of the first age again has resulted in all of the lords joining forces against you. You will face a very widespread war across the entire country. This is so much better.”

Serinina shrugged, “I have enough allies that I will win. But you lost and you deserved to.”

Patinea paid the worst price for her actions. She never would hold a sword or fight in her life. Even if Serinina had allowed it, Patinea never learned their style of combat. She was totally ill-suited to fight with the Amazons despite how strong she thought she was. She was a princess and hated that position. Despite being princess was one of the greatest things one could be in this new age. It could give her so much power if she accepted it, but she eventually became a wife and a mother. That's all she would ever be. She could have been great if she could have accepted the nobility of that life. Patinea never gave up her resentment and hatred toward her infernal little sister.

Serinina instituted a very militaristic culture under her Amazon warriors and the girls that trained with them were the real power of the new regime. For the Hekatin and those witches, they had been forced into a humiliating peace. They were forbidden to teach any more children their religion. That became a crime and many of their children were converted to the warrior religion of Athena. A new very militaristic religion began to take hold across the Golden Isles. They all found out that girls could indeed fight.

Aanya and the Hekatin were horrified when the incredibly militaristic culture of the Amazons began to take hold across the Golden Isles. They could do nothing but helplessly watch the horror unfold. The glory and peace that was supposed to be the reign under the love of Progrnia would never happen. They would not know a time of peace and prosperity under the Goddess and the Hekatin. This was almost as bad as being under the priests of Maxis. This was a military regime where the military ruled their entire society. Being a warrior was the highest ideals one could strive for. Even if they were brutal female warriors under a strict matriarchy. This was the age of Athena.

Serinina in the other time continued to exist as she slowly took control of the other nations of the world into the 21st century. A shadow of oppression and tyranny spread across the world as Serininas iron frist closed across the world. No one could oppose her. No one dared.


The End


Note from the author

This concludes this story. Princess in a New World is now irrelevant and I think I should ask for it to be removed. It was a fascinating story but this ending cancels that story totally. If I were to continue it into the modern age I could explore Serinina and Patineas relations into the 20th century in the original timeline. But I wont.
I think I will continue the story He Shouldn't have Teased his Sister and the Britney story. Those tales have been ignored while I finished this story and I ignored them enough.

up
37 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

excellent ending

thank you for sharing this story

DogSig.png

Six of one, half a dozen of another

Jamie Lee's picture

In the modern world, when Serinina confronted Prognita she continued to accept responsibility for all of her actions.

Serinina kept blaming Patinea and Prognita and her mother for all of her actions. She claimed she had no other recourse than to make people pay for the way she was treated when she was transformed.

However she did have another choice, one that she couldn't see because she was filled with so much hate.

Serinina could have accepted what was done to her and made the best of things. She could then sit back and let what Prognita said would happen to Patinea and let it happen. But Serin's male teachings caused him to vigorously hate being transformed, and the cruelty inflected on him.

The way things turned out accomplished what Serinina wanted, and with far fewer deaths, but still ended up being a militaristic monarch.

The Serinina in the modern world would never be happy because she continued to be ruled by hate and anger. Nothing she could do in the modern world would alleviate those feelings, they would only be exacerbated.

This is an interesting story, sometimes hard to keep straight who's doing what to whom, but still an nice story to read.

Others have feelings too.