Feral Saga Chapter 18 - Magneto's Finale (Part 1)

Printer-friendly version

Feral Saga Chapter 18 - Magneto's Finale (Part 1)

by Nyssa

A Marvel X-Men Fanfiction starring Wolverine and Jean Grey

As we edge into part one of our enormous eidetic eighteenth double issue we must again wonder about Logan’s fate. Was the return to his old male form a fatal mistake? What could have caused this latest reaction? Can Jean deal with even more heartbreak? While all of this swirls around the X-Men in the wake of the attack on the school and Logan’s revelations, Magneto has reacquired Mystique and spread his control over the world’s nuclear arsenals. Will the X-Men be able to respond, or will humans be crushed under the brutal heel of Magneto?

Author‘s Note:

For some of you, the fact that I’m close to the end of this tale is cause for alarm. Others, perhaps relief. I’m pretty happy with where it has gone and what writing it has taught me. I certainly hope it has been (and will be) entertaining. Thanks for still giving this weird story a chance. Once again, I‘d like to thank my proofreaders. Gabi (Xtrim), in particular, has been a huge help, but I have been blessed with several more (anonymous) reviewers and I thank them as well.

August 20, 2020 - I made some minor edits to the story and am posting them all at once.

Here‘s a wiki you can use if you‘re really lost: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-Men

© Nyssa 2020


The best laid schemes o' mice an' men gang aft agley.

          • Robert Burns, Collected Poems of Robert Burns

 

“Logan should be awake by now,” said Hank as he opened the door to the medbay room.

Logan sat up as everyone came into the room. Her long black hair spilled onto her shoulders and she gave everyone a shy smile. “Hey gang. You might not believe me, but I think I hate this room. There’s no TV, so I have no idea why I keep coming back.”

Jean and Kitty both rushed over to hug Logan. Through the sniffling could be heard several admonishments that used the word “stupid.”

Hank cleared his throat. “If I might have your attention, I think I can shed some light on Logan’s current situation. It seems that when Logan transformed, the blood tests I ran were not sufficiently comprehensive. I was only looking for threats to her life at the time, mostly focused on her brain and her mutant healing factor. I mean, the idea that her mutant healing factor could actually be used to cause shapeshifting, well it’s absolutely fascinating…”

Hank shrugged and waved a hand through the air as if it was physically difficult for him to stay on topic.

“As I was saying… When we forced a switch to Logan’s male template, the mutant healing factor seems to have decided that template was not a viable configuration. Going over the blood tests, I now know why. In my defense, I had no reason to look at hCG.”

“Holy shit,” said Jean and Logan together.

A very puzzled Kitty asked, “What is H-C-G?”

“Human chorionic gonadotropin,” said Jean and Logan, again in unison.

“As if that explains it,” pouted Kitty.

“Kitty,” said Hank. “Logan is pregnant.”

“Fuuuck,” said Kitty, who then blushed, realizing who she’d just said that in front of.

Logan began sobbing, great heart-wrenching sobs. As Jean and Kitty both tried to console her, she said, “No! Please... please tell me it isn’t that bastard’s. I couldn’t…”

Hank put up his hands quickly, ”I assume you mean Sabretooth, from his… assault on you? No, it couldn’t be.”

“How do you know?” Logan’s sobbing slowed to just a few quivers, but her voice was still a little thick and huskier than usual.”Does that mean it’s Don’s? How far along am I?”

“Based on your estrogen and progesterone levels when combined with your hCG levels, it is obviously still the first trimester. However, it is very likely to be the middle to late part of that period. And when I reexamined some of your blood, it seems that you were at least one month pregnant when you first transformed.”

“How is that possible?” asked Jean as Logan stared out into space.

“Well, I happen to know that you, Jean, were not pregnant at the time. Since you were the template for her original transformation, I can only assume the pregnancy had to do with Neural Net’s plan, and that accelerating the maturity of the embryo was likely a strategy for ensuring its viability.”

“Whose?” asked Logan quietly.

“Excuse me?” asked Hank.

Louder, Logan said, “Then whose baby is it?!”

“I really have no idea. I was able to use a special process to isolate some DNA. I should have the results in a few days, unlike the more traditional methods that usually take weeks. By matching…”

“Hank,” interrupted Charles. “I’m certain we all appreciate any speed you have been able to inject into this process. But I assume that unless the DNA matches DNA we have on file, the father of the baby will remain a mystery?”

“Yes Charles, that is correct. But the real question, I believe, is why would Neural Net do this? And, if he is working for Magneto, why would Magneto want Logan transformed and pregnant?”

“Kinky weirdo?” suggested Kitty.

“It is pretty diabolical,” offered Scott.

“Sinister!” shouted the Professor after a moment.

“Ok, Professor,” said Scott, somewhat taken aback at the outcry. “I guess that’s a better word.”

“Stop sucking up, Dickhead,” said Logan with a smirk. “He means Mister Sinister.”

>>X<<

“You’re certain that these will work?” asked Magneto as he turned a small metal box with a strap attached to it in his hand while giving it a rather dubious look.

“Well, from what you tell me, not like your helmet. But they were effective for short periods when Colonel Black’s team used them to attack the X-Men.”

“That endeavor was not exactly awash in success,” noted Magneto.

“But the tech worked. I’ve also added upgrades.”

“How long?” asked Magneto.

“It only took a couple minutes.”

“No, dear boy, how long will it be effective?”

“Oh. I can’t be sure. I believe it can hide you indefinitely, or at least until the battery runs out. But if Xavier locates you physically and then uses that supercomputer of his, I think five, maybe six minutes. After that he’d probably be able to break through the scrambling. But it has an alarm built in to let you know if he’s trying to get through.”

“Is the battery life a concern?”

“Thirty-six hours?”

“Very good. It looks like I’m going to have to leave immediately if I’m going to make my appointment. Thank you for this IC, you really have been a wonder.”

“Sir, are you sure you should risk exposing yourself? Couldn’t Mystique act in your place? I mean, she can literally duplicate you.”

“No, she is very busy right now with what I assigned her. Although, ironically, she will be among the first I meet with. You know, I think you should probably join us. But as for using a proxy, I’m afraid that there are too many variables in play for me to risk delegating these particular tasks. Leaving this mountain is a risk I must take, so this device will be a great asset. ‘No man is worth his salt who is not ready at all times to risk his well-being, to risk his body, to risk his life in a great cause.’ Which was wise even if a Homo Sapien said it.”

>>X<<

It was two days later when Jean walked into Logan’s room and found her humming as she held up a bikini and then put it in her suitcase.

“Bikini, huh?” asked Jean. “Skimpy, too. Just what are you planning for this mission?”

Logan turned around, smiling, and went over to Jean to be kissed. When they finally separated, Logan told her, “I’m going to go find Don. Charles found out he took a military hop on a transport down to Venezuela. Fortunately, I still have some merc buddies there and they think he’s in Rio. So I’m going to go down there and beg him to forgive me.”

Jean had a momentary flash of Logan on her knees, Scott’s cum on her lips and cheek and coating her tongue as she licked his cock. Of course, Jean experienced the memory as if it was her cock. “I suspect that will be pretty effective,” she muttered.

“I hope so,” said Logan, grabbing a few more items and putting them into the suitcase. “There’s a lot to explain… and a lot for him to accept.” She stared at the suitcase, which was never going to close. “How did I ever go anywhere with just this suitcase?”

Jean wrapped her arms around her from behind and put her chin over Logan’s shoulder. Logan put her hand on Jean’s arms and leaned back. “You can borrow one of mine,” offered Jean.

Logan turned her head to peck Jean on the lips. “Thanks, beautiful. Uhh, I might need two.” Logan was quiet for a second. “Jean, what if he’s met someone else, or doesn’t want to see me?”

“I think,” said Jean, “if you wear that bikini, you’ll have his complete attention.”

“Have you ever been to Rio? Soooo many beautiful women. Practically swimsuit models everywhere.”

“Hmm, should I be jealous?”

“You’re the only woman for me,” said Logan, breaking from their hug and giving Jean a proper kiss.

As their lips parted, Jean looked slightly sad. “Are you going to stay down there? You know you’re going to have to stay in hiding to foil whatever plans Sinister and Magneto have for you and the baby.”

“We’ll see. Rio is noisy and my Portuguese sucks. While it might be a good place to get lost, it’s also an easier place to get ambushed. But wherever I hole up, you’re going to come visit me all the time, right?”

“Lolo, of course. And Scott too. We both love you and couldn’t stand to be apart from you any more than absolutely necessary. This kid is going to have four of the greatest parents anyone ever had.”

“Well,” said Logan, “I hope it’s four.” Then she lifted her head and walked quickly to the door, meeting Scott just as he entered. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him very thoroughly.

“I never thanked you,” she said after she’d kissed him long enough for his cock to harden against her belly.

“For last night?” he asked.

Logan’s first night after her transformation back into her female body template had been spent with Jean and had been full of tears and tenderness along with some very passionate lovemaking. But last night Jean had decided that Logan needed to be with Scott without the sneaking around and denial.

Looking back, Logan found the scene when Jean made her pronouncement pretty amusing. It was about 4 in the afternoon when Jean announced, “OK, time to get you ready.”

“Huh?” asked Logan who had been thinking about going downstairs to get something to eat.

“For your date.”

“Wait, what?”

“I’ve decided that you and Scott need to have a real date. You know, not sneaking around, but actually out-in-the-open. A real date.”

“Does dickhead know about this?”

“Not yet, that’s part of the reason you need to knock his socks off. Now, I got you a gorgeous red dress from Ororo, so you need to get that sexy little ass in the shower. We’re gonna go with your new vixen look, but even more dramatic and we don’t have much time.”

Logan had to admit, she was pretty excited about the prospect of the date. She had all her “Jean” memories of how Scott had treated Jean, but the idea that he would actually… and openly, be treating her that way had her more than a little aroused. She got up from the bed and headed into the shower. “Umm,” she paused at the door. “Don’t you think you should let him know just in case he’s like, working on that motorcycle or something?”

“You worry about being luscious, I’ll worry about Slim. Kitty should be here in a minute to help.”

The next two hours seemed to fly by and to drag on as well. She was pampered and prepared as she had never been and as even Jean rarely got to experience. They had tried a couple of perfumes, finding that none of Jean’s usual favorites smelled right, but Ororo remembered something she’d found in Morocco. It was spicy and musky and Logan loved it.

Kitty brushed and combed out Logan’s hair until it was straight and gleaming while Jean worked on her makeup. Logan, of course, was not allowed to see any of the work in progress. “Ok my love, we’ve just added a little more shadow to the lids and I went a little heavier with the liner. I used your lip stain, but I also added a deeper red lipstick.”

“Same shade as the dress?” asked Logan.

“Pretty close,” proclaimed Kitty.

“I really like the color of this dress. The better to hide bloodstains,” she said with a giggle.

“Just what are you planning for this date?” smirked Jean as she led Logan over to the full-length mirror for the full reveal.

“Wow,” said Logan. “You made my cheekbones stand out so much!”

“Yes, well we had to scramble to find the right shades. Your complexion is darker than mine, or even Kitty’s, so we ended up using some of my dark foundation for your light shading and some that Ororo had that was too light for her to use. But I think it works,” said Jean as she set it with some light powder. “I’d do you.”

Logan laughed, “Do I need to get completely made up for you now?”

“No,” said Jean with a laugh, “but it is taking all my willpower not to throw you onto that bed and have my way with you.”

“You guys realize I’m still here?” asked Kitty, blushing.

“It’s the only reason my willpower is working,” responded Jean.

When she was deemed ready, Jean hugged her and said, “I wish I could kiss you without having to redo your lips. You are absolutely delectable.”

Logan looked down shyly for a moment. “Jean,” she said carefully, “you’re sure you’re ok with this, right?”

“Honey, I admit that it feels a little odd, but I’ve been with you and Scott both since your transformation and both of you have been ok with it. I should be able to handle the two of you being together. I love both of you and want you to be happy and the hiding and the lying wasn’t making any of us happy. I just need to accept that you can love more than just me or maybe even love someone more than me.”

“Jean, there’s no one I could love more than you.” Logan tried to communicate with her eyes just how strongly she meant that and worried that she might get a little teary. “I have found that my capacity for love seems infinite, but no one could ever have as much of my heart as you do.”

Jean smiled and cupped Logan’s face. “Lolo, if you don’t get going you and I are gonna start bawling and I refuse to allow you to waste the work of art that is you tonight.”

Logan was whisked down to the hangar, only 15 minutes late. She walked silently over to where the X-jet stood. Scott was at the bottom of the ramp after his pre-flight checks, facing away from her and wearing a very smart-looking tux. She waited until she was close enough for him to hear the “snikt” as she extended her claws. He turned quickly at the sound but stopped when he saw her, his mouth hanging slightly open.

“Wow Lolo,” he said, after a moment of staring. “You really take my breath away.”

“Good,” she said, smiling. She presented her lips for a quick peck. “How long is the trip?”

“Only about 10 minutes,” said Scott as he presented his arm to escort her up the ramp.

“Shoot,” she pouted. “I was hoping we’d have a little more time to kill.”

Logan felt like she was floating on a cloud all evening. Even though there was no dancing like there had been with Don and no time for any fooling around in the jet, Scott had been very attentive and touching her constantly. Really, it was just a thrill to have him openly being affectionate. She hadn’t realized how strongly she missed that. And even though she teased him all evening, his attention was only on her and he seemed just as thrilled to be with her.

When they got back to the X-jet, Logan glided in front of him and wrapped her arms around Scott’s neck. She closed her eyes slightly and moved her lips to within an inch of his. He kissed her and she moaned lightly at the passion he showed. When his hands began to slide up her body, she broke from the kiss and said in a husky voice. “You need to take the scenic route back, bub.”

Logan then grabbed his hand and pulled him up the ramp into the jet. She then forced him down into the pilot seat and stood up. She reached around to the back of her dress and slowly lowered the zipper while smiling down at him. Then she unclipped the collar and held the dress against her with her arm as it fell to the tops of her breasts. She leaned forward slightly and allowed the dress to start to fall away from her wobbling breasts and reached out for Scott’s chin with an extended claw. With the lightest of touches, she coaxed his head forward as she slowly moved her arm away and allowed her breasts to swing free as the dress dropped to her waist and Scott’s lips were just close enough to take one of her nipples into his mouth. She sighed and retracted her claw as he reached around her to pull her closer so he could suck and lick at the breast pressed against his mouth.

After a few minutes, and with both nipples having received attention, she gently pushed his head away and knelt down on the floor of the cabin with the dress pooled around her waist. She reached for his belt and undid it along with his fly. She reached in to grab his hard cock and smiled up at him. “I think it’s time for lift-off, don’t you?”

“Uhh, if you keep doing that it won’t take long, Lolo,” he said, somewhat haltingly as she started to stroke him. Her lids were half-closed and she had a very sexy smile as she said, “The jet, my love. In the air?” She gave a long, firm lick up the underside of his cock. “Now? And try not to crash.”

Scott managed to get the X-jet into the air and engaged the autopilot, just before he came. Logan felt it coming and pulled back so that the first spurt splashed across her right cheek. She stroked him with her hand and his next spurt landed across her lips. She looked up at him and smiled as she continued to stroke his cock. The cum dribbled off her fingers and onto her breasts. When there didn’t seem to be any more cum, she made a show of licking it off her fingers and scooping it into her mouth with a single claw, which earned a groan from Scott. Then she lifted her breasts and lapped what cum she could from them with her tongue and used her fingers for the rest.

Scott just stared at her in stunned silence, wishing his cock to rise again to match the arousal he felt.

Logan stood, smiling, and pushed the dress off her hips to reveal her red thong and stockings. She pulled the very damp, very skimpy panties down and stepped out of them, looking at Scott the entire time. She leaned forward to kiss him softly. He moved to deepen the kiss, but she pulled back. “Uh uh, bub. You just sit there. Lolo’s got you.”

She proceeded to take off his jacket and unbutton his shirt. As she opened each button, she leaned forward, her long hair cascading down each time, and kissed the revealed flesh, with her tongue also darting out to lick at the skin during the kiss. Then she moved on to his pants, slowly sliding them off his hips and down his legs, kissing the exposed areas and settling herself down between his legs.

After several minutes, when she had him completely naked and she was just in her garters, stockings, and heels, she raised herself up so that he could reach her lips and kiss her. As they kissed and his tongue forced its way into her mouth, she reached for his cock, which was nearly hard again. She broke the kiss, her lips still against his, and said, “You remember what I promised you before we were interrupted by the attack?”

Scott thought he did but was pretty sure he wasn’t capable of speech at the moment. He nodded his head.

“You know,” she said, “just in case you wanted to, I made sure I was lubed.” She kissed him again and then pulled away slightly. “So did you want to fuck my ass?”

Scott’s response was to pull her up onto his lap. Since he couldn’t actually lift her, she spun herself up onto his lap with her back to his chest. His cock rose up between her legs. For a moment, it made Logan think of when she had a cock. But even if she could, she wouldn’t go back now.

The smell of Scott’s arousal and the traces of his cum on her face and breasts combined with the scent of her own arousal as her labia parted slightly and her fluids reached the air had her practically vibrating. This was her mate and the man who she remembered making love to her over and over. She was quivering with desire for him. Even if she wasn’t going to cum from this activity, she was going to make it as amazing as possible for him.

She raised herself up so that she could position his cock at her anus and slowly lowered herself until it was pressing its way into her. Soon it was in, enough for her to rise back up a little and then settle down further. Scott was moaning constantly now. His left hand went to her left breast and began to stroke and caress it, while his right hand moved to her labia and began to find their way around.

He began to pinch and pull in short strokes at her nipple and his middle finger slipped between the very wet and slippery folds of her outer labia. Logan threw her head back against his shoulder and tried to match her rise and fall on his cock to the stroking of his fingers. When he slipped two fingers inside, they also brushed along her clitoral hood and teased at her clit. She convulsed slightly and let out a deep moan. He began to stroke faster and she moved in concert, her hips lifting and then slamming back down so that his cock pumped in and out of her.

His fingers stroking and plunging into her had little spasms pulsing along her vaginal muscles as they worked to capture the fingers. She felt herself rising to orgasm and tried to focus on keeping the rhythm of his fingers. She rose higher and higher on his cock, careful to keep the head inside her. She began to cry out with each downward thrust, but she wasn’t sure if it was the pleasure from his stroking or the hard, invading flesh in her ass that forced the sounds from her.

Scott’s movements began to become erratic, his fingers no longer following a rhythm as they slid over and into her pussy, and Logan’s head was shaking against his shoulder every time she bottomed out. Her hair, damp with perspiration swung wildly between them.

“Lolo, oh God,” said Scott. “Please tell me you’re close.”

Logan tried to say “Yes” but was pretty sure that’s not what came out, so she very deliberately turned her head to him and nodded. She tried to watch him as he came. His head tilted back and he grabbed her breast as he shouted in pleasure. She felt the spurt travel up his cock and felt the warmth fill her as he came. But she wasn’t capable of doing much more as she was in the throes of her own orgasm. She tried to keep her eyes open as she came in order to watch him, but in the end, the spasming, liquid joy running through her was too much.

When Scott’s cock began to soften, Logan turned around on his lap, letting him slip from her. She caressed his face and kissed him gently, but let her lips linger. They were both surprised when a tear made its way down her cheek to touch their lips.

“Lolo, are you ok? Did I hurt you?”

“No my love, I'm just very, very happy.”

When they got back to the mansion, after a very long shower together, they made love in Logan’s bed. Somehow, even though it wasn’t the first time that they had made love in that bed, it felt like it. When she came, she clung to him and quivered in his arms long after he’d slipped out of her and her aftershocks had calmed. He left her in the early morning with a kiss.

All of that flashed in Logan’s memory in an instant, but it left her feeling slightly aroused. “Well,” she said to Scott, “thanking you for last night goes without saying. I certainly expressed my appreciation at the time. But I meant for what you said to Don. About me. It was very sweet and it means a lot to me. I think more importantly, it probably meant a lot to Don and you didn’t have to say it. I think it probably gave him hope. Even though I know you were actually hot for me and really wanted him out of the way.”

“Lolo, I would never… I…”

Logan and Jean both started giggling.

“You’re packing?” asked Scott, trying to change the conversation. “Are you already leaving to go into hiding?”

“Actually, I’m going to go find Don. I’m going to ask him to forgive me and take me back.”

“Oh,” said Scott, obviously stunned by the news. “I’ll… miss you Lolo, but I understand.. I hope…”

He didn’t get to finish because Logan had practically thrown herself back into his arms and was kissing him and wriggling against him in all sorts of distracting ways.

“I love you all… Don, Jean, and even you, dickhead. If you can love Jean and me, then I can love all of you.”

“How is that going to work?” asked Scott, somewhat taken aback.

“Are we sure this is a lovable trait?” asked Logan, pulling her head back to look at Jean.

Jean giggled and shrugged. “You remember exactly how I feel. But go on, this is your speech.”

Logan looked back at Scott. “Scott, my love, we will all be together and you will have me AND Jean.”

“Just not at the same time,” said Jean. “Don’t start thinking that’s gonna happen.”

Logan turned Scott’s head back to her and mouthed the word “Birthday” with a wink.

Scott’s head wobbled and he simultaneously began to blush furiously and get aroused.

Logan smirked at his reaction, but said, “And all four of us are going to be parents to this baby.”

Jean, realizing that Logan had somehow “broken” Scott, said, “Uhh, Charles and Hank have something for you Lolo. A kind of going away present.”

“Aww, they didn’t need to do that. God, I hope it’s not cigars.”

>>X<<

“Logan!” exclaimed Charles and Hank, nearly in unison as she walked into the conference room.

“I understand you will be leaving soon?” asked Charles.

Logan hugged Beast, who seemed somewhat surprised. “Yeah Chuck, I need to go find Don and then, I guess, lay low for a while.”

She then went over and hugged Charles, who said. “I suppose that is for the best. How will you maintain contact?”

“Jean and I are still finding that our link is once again pretty effective. So she can find me. I was thinking Kitty could ride down with Jean and Scott to wherever I end up and bring the jet back so we could have some family time every now and then. Would that be ok? She’s passed her flight test.”

“I'm sure Kitty would be happy to help out. As are we. Anything we can do to help you,” said Charles patting her arm as he looked into her eyes.

Hank cleared his throat. “Logan, we uuh.. We prepared some going-away presents, sort of a bon voyage. I hope you’re ok with them.”

“Why wouldn’t I be ok with them?”

Hank lifted two long cases and two smaller cases onto the desk. “These,” he said, flicking open the clasps and opening one of the long cases, “are made of Adamantium.”

Inside each of the long cases was an identical samurai katana. The long, curved, gleaming blades with the wave etched into each side and the handle wrapped in a fine black leather seemed like living things appearing simultaneously relaxed in their velvet beds and coiled and ready to draw blood at a moment’s notice. Logan touched them, running her fingers along the edge.

“They’re beautiful,” she breathed.

Hank opened the other case to reveal a pair of matched daggers, a dozen hira-shuriken, and a cluster of crossbow bolts, all made of the same gleaming metal. Logan lightly touched the weapons that seemed practically to glow, but suddenly snatched her hand away and looked at Hank, wide-eyed.

Hank nodded at her unspoken question. “Using the Molecular Rearranger, I was able to reform his Adamantium into whatever shape I wanted. I did some research and used some of the artifacts you brought back from Japan as models…”

Logan interrupted him with another hug. “Thank you, Hank. They’re gorgeous. I’m not sure how I feel about their source, but ultimately they are instruments of death and destruction and the idea that they would be dealing it out to protect me and the ones I love seems kinda poetic. Maybe even more so because these katana are a copy of my Muramasa.”

“Why is that?” asked the Professor.

“The katana made by Muramasa were said to be cursed,” Logan explained. “At least for the Shogun, but the legend is that it turns the wielder into a demon. I kinda liked the idea and so did someone who hired me. It was my fee. But since it was an antique, I never could have actually used it. These, however, made from Adamantium, will be amazing.”

“Yes, well, there is one more thing you might find interesting. The Molecular Rearranger altered the Curie point in such a way that it is as close to absolute zero as any metal we know of.”

Logan blinked at him but didn’t know what question to ask as Hank looked so pleased with himself. She looked at the Professor, who looked puzzled, but acted like he was close to figuring it out.

“Curie, like Madame Curie?” asked Logan to buy time.

“No, actually her husband,” said Hank.

Logan and the Professor were still trying to work out the clue Hank was offering.

Eventually, Hank realized that he had an opportunity to lecture. “Magneto is able to affect metal using magnetism because his power allows him to do so when ambient temperatures far exceed the point at which those metals would normally have the ability for proper electron alignment that would allow for the material to be magnetic. Normally, even iron or nickel, if they are above their Curie temperature, such as with molten iron, lose their magnetic properties. Most elements have Curie points so low that only very special conditions would allow them to be magnetic, and even most metals have a relatively cold Curie point, with iron and nickel being notable exceptions. Of course, Magneto can only exert his power over metals, not other elements, but the Molecular Rearranger has lowered the Curie point of the Adamantium to below that of several elements we know Magneto cannot control.” Hanks smiled at the opportunity to actually finish a speech.

“So,” said Logan. “Magneto wouldn’t be able to control these?”

“Exactly. In theory.”

“Could you use that thing on me?”

Hank looked aghast. “No! That would be fatal. Even for you.”

“What is she considering now?” asked Jean as she walked into the conference room.

“Essentially melting all of the Adamantium in her body and then allowing it to solidify again,” supplied Hank.

“Ouch,” said Jean. “Lolo, I don’t want to cry over you in that Med Bay bed ever again,” she said with mock seriousness.

Logan kissed her quickly and said, “Alright, for you Sis.”

Charles said, “Logan, I wish we had more time before you needed to go into hiding. Magneto’s part in this scheme may have been thwarted by the removal of the computer virus, but we still have no idea what part Sinister’s transformation of you is supposed to play. I could use your keen insights,” said the Professor.

“Sorry, Chuck, I‘ve had a lot of time to think about what Neuron Nut was up to. Still have no clue.”

“Yes, well Neural Net may not even have completed his part of the plan, so that would make it even more challenging to discern his purpose,” said Charles as Scott joined them. Logan smiled over at him.

Jean also looked at Scott. “I remember when this whole thing started and I went to get Scott after he seemed frozen outside the X-Jet’s ramp.”

“Yeah,” said Scott. “I just remember checking the site to see what had been taken after the break-in and then waking up in the Med Bay here.”

“Hold on a second,” said Logan. “I never did find out what was taken.”

Scott shrugged. “Not much really. A bunch of old computer components. A few new computers we had bought for the students. It didn’t seem like take-over-the-world equipment.”

“None of it was useful…” Logan muttered. “Holy shit! None of it was useful.”

“Lolo,” said Scott. “I don’t understand.”

“It was all a ploy,” said Logan.

She turned and looked at each of them. The Professor and Beast seemed to be considering, but Jean and Scott looked lost.

“Chuck, do you still have a map of the area where Magneto’s base was? The one Mystique was running for him?” asked Logan.

“Yes, over on the conference table there.”

Logan waved them all over. “C’mere.” She unrolled the map and put weights down to keep it flat. “There,” she said, pointing. “That’s where the base was. Now ask yourself why was it there?”

Charles said, “Well, it was an old military facility, so I assume it suited his need for his plans.”

“Yes, that’s true,” said Logan, considering. “Don even said he worked there. I remember when we went through it that there were cables everywhere. Hank, is there a major communications trunk line nearby?”

“Yes, the main T1 lines would be here for seismic stability,” Hank pointed to an area about a mile from the base.

“What would they connect to?” asked Logan.

“Well, to the Defense Department network, I presume. But after we took the base, there were military contractors swarming that area to ensure there were no taps or other interference.”

“Did anybody check their credentials?” asked Logan.

“Actually no, everyone was rather preoccupied,” answered Beast.

“I’m thinking that even if most of those contractors were legit, at least some of them were not. Chuck, are you getting the idea?” asked Logan, turning to the Professor.

“I fear that I am. This has all been a ploy. Magneto has been distracting us, toying with us, while he took control of the world’s nuclear arsenal.”

“Actually, not just the nuclear arsenal, he took control of all of it, conventional too. Who knows where else that virus might have spread,” said Logan.

“But they found the virus,” said Scott. “And used a counter-virus.”

Logan put her hand on his cheek and tilted her head slightly. “So pretty.”

Jean giggled.

Logan turned back to the rest of them. “What do you think are the chances that virus was just another ploy? A virus might get discovered, but a counter-virus that was intentionally installed…”

“Ok,” said Scott. “Even if it was a ploy and Magneto now has control of all the computer systems, what can we do about it?”

Logan turned to Dr. McCoy. “Hank?”

“Well, I suppose our computers would be able to flush out the virus. We are, after all, able to simultaneously maintain over 3 million connections. And, while I prefer it were not known, I have managed to secretly gain access to all of the world’s military systems. Actually banking and... ”

“Undetected?” asked Logan.

Hank nodded and shrugged his huge blue-furred shoulders.

“You actually hacked every military system in the world? Hank, you could have taken over the world!” said Logan.

“Please, I find ‘hacked’ to be such a loaded term, and I would never do such a thing! It’s just a hobby.”

“Ok,” said Scott, still trying to keep up. “But how are we going to prove it? We’re going to need proof.”

“I have a feeling that Magneto didn’t do this alone,” said Logan tapping her talons in rhythm on the map.

Charles said, “Well yes, we know that Sinister was involved, but that hardly seems like proof. We still don’t even know what his motives or role might be.”

Logan smiled. “Not Sinister. I think it’s time we paid a visit to Mystique, see how her captivity is affecting her. I have a feeling we won’t even recognize her.”

>>X<<

“I just had a feelin’ he wasn’t gonna make a move like this without her, Chuck,” said Logan as she and the Professor left the special supermax prison after finding that “Mystique” was not there and another shapeshifter had taken her place. “As soon as I walked in the room I could smell it wasn’t her. So what’s next?”

“I would defer to your instincts of course, but I think we need to go to Admiral Delacroix and let him know what we suspect and what we’ve found,” said Charles.

Logan nodded. “Makes sense. Does he trust you?”

“Not like General Hawkins, but he does see us as an asset. I do think he’s a little uncomfortable with mutants, but it’s just a feeling.”

“I’ve learned to trust feelings. Maybe I should make myself scarce while you talk to him.”

“Very well,” said Charles as they boarded the X-jet and headed to Washington.

A short time later, Charles was escorted into the Admiral’s office by his assistant.

“Professor Xavier,” said the Admiral, rising from behind his desk. “This is a pleasant surprise. Have you come to talk about how we countered the virus? I could get some computer eggheads in here to discuss it with you?”

“No, no, Admiral. No need. I’m afraid I have dire news and I fear you won’t like what I have to say.”

“Oh,” said the Admiral, sitting on the edge of his desk. “Why would that be?”

“Because,” said Charles. “I have reason to believe that the counter-virus you distributed was actually engineered by Magneto’s people. He had the original virus created with the intent that it would be found and then put his actual control systems into the counter virus so that you would believe the threat was eliminated and he could move forward with his plans without fear of discovery.”

The Admiral stroked his chin for a moment, looking as if he was trying to figure out how to respond. “That would be diabolical, Professor,” he said finally. “But I don’t see how it could be true. I know the people who worked on it; some of my own people were involved. How could he have corrupted our efforts? I mean, do you have any proof of this? Something we can act on?”

“I can assure you that he is preparing to move and we just discovered that he has freed Mystique from where she was being held. There is no telling who she might have impersonated in order to switch Magneto’s code into yours.”

Admiral Delacroix’s head wobbled slightly at the mention of Mystique. “Even though the discovery of Mystique’s escape is alarming, it is hardly proof of…”

At that moment Logan came into the room. “Hey, Chuck. Sorry, Admiral, I was checking in with my boyf…”

Logan drew her katana blade and leapt at the Admiral, who moved with incredible speed to dodge the slash.

“Logan!” shouted a horrified Professor.

“It’s Mystique,” snarled Logan. “I smell her.”

Mystique stood with the desk between them as she shimmered into her own form. “Well, well, my dear. Aren’t you the sexy little shapeshifter? Didn’t Don like redheads? Or are you trying to give Scott some variety?”

Logan threw one of her hira-shuriken to Mystique’s right shoulder and followed that up with a vicious slash with her katana from the other side. But Mystique snatched the star from mid-air and moved to her right to avoid Logan’s slash.

“Oooo, touched a nerve,” taunted Mystique as she flung the star at Xavier.

Charles stopped it before it could strike him, but by that point Logan and Mystique were both moving too quickly for him to be certain of his target, so he did not try to use it. He began to clear his mind to try to break through Mystique's defenses.

Logan decided that the katana wasn’t as useful in these close quarters and with Charles nearby, so she sheathed it and extended her claws. She assumed a ready position and waited for Mystique to flinch in any direction.

“You are a sexy little minx, I bet all the boys want some of that. How many have been between those thighs so far?” Mystique stood again at the far side of the desk.

“Fuck you,” spat Logan.

Mystique had used the time while Logan switched to her claws and to provide her little taunt to create a tail that reached behind her for an old metal coat rack, which she slung at Logan and jumped toward the window.

Logan saw the coat rack begin to move and had moved to intercept Mystique. They landed with a crash against the bookshelf by the window. Then Logan stood, her claw bloody as she lifted Mystique in her other hand. Mystique was coughing up blood, a gaping wound in her chest. “Time to say goodnight, my dear,” sneered Logan as she raised her claw, ready to drive it into Mystique’s skull.

Mystique slumped limply in Logan’s hand.

“Logan!” shouted the Professor urgently. “There is no need to kill her. I have incapacitated her for the moment.”

“Aww, it probably wouldn’t have killed her anyway. She’s pretty hard to kill. There’s no telling where she puts her organs.” She let go and Mystique slumped to the floor. “Woulda made me feel better, though,” she muttered.

The door flew open to reveal two navy security personnel. They looked at Logan, who retracted her bloody claws, and then they looked down at the bleeding, immobile blue woman on the floor.

“I uhh… caught her trying to steal one of the Admiral’s books,” offered Logan.

“Logan, please,” said Charles. He raised his hand to his forehead as he spoke. “This mutant, Mystique, has been impersonating the Admiral. We neutralized her and will be taking her back to our base. You will escort us.”

“Logan,” he said, addressing her. “She is still alive, isn’t she?”

“Yeah, she’s still breathing. You sure you want to bring her back to the mansion? Alive?”

“Yes to both questions. I need to get to Cerebro. I doubt she will reveal anything voluntarily. But with Cerebro, I should be able to discover what she knows about Magneto’s plans. I fear, however, that she may not survive the process.”

“You do that. I have a feeling this office holds more clues. Send someone to pick me up. Better yet, let’s get Hank on the way down here right now.”

A few minutes later, Logan was seated in front of the Admiral’s laptop, a lightweight seven-pound device, with Hank speaking to her on one of their headsets.

“Logan, saying that it’s not doing anything isn’t particularly helpful. Are you certain it is turned on and booted up?” asked Beast.

“How the hell should I know? There’s nothing on the screen.”

“Have you touched anything yet?” asked Hank.

“Other than put my butt on the chair, no. You told me not to.”

“Very good then. Try moving the mouse.”

“There is no mouse.”

“Then move your finger on the trackpad.”

“Hate these things… Oh, the screen came on. Let’s see... It looks like an email. Can’t tell who it’s from, it’s scrolled off. It looks like a bunch of links. They all say they’re some type of RSS Feed. Is that some type of code?”

“They are interfaces to news sources. Can you hover over one of the links and see if there are any search parameters in the query portion of the feed link?”

“Hover?” asked Logan.

“Use the trackpad to move the cursor over one of the blue underlined links and look at the text that pops up. Try it with a few of them and see if they have a similar pattern.”

“Oh,” said Logan. “I didn’t know it would do that.” She hovered over several.

After two minutes of silence, Hank asked, “Were you able to discern anything?”

“Actually yeah. Each of these RSS feeds is from a major city: New York, San Francisco, Chicago, London, Paris, Tokyo, there’s a bunch. And they all include the search term ‘mutants’ and several forms of ‘exodus’. I have a feeling I know why she was getting this information. Patch Charles in, wouldya?”

A moment later Charles’ voice came through the headset. “Yes, Logan? You’ve found something?”

“I think so. Mystique was still here so that she could supply specific information to the human governments. She was tracking stories about mutants leaving all the major cities.”

“I knew about the mutants leaving all the major cities and thought it might have something to do with Magneto, but…”

“You knew that and you didn’t tell me?” asked Logan sharply.

“I didn’t have facts, just guesses. Do you think he is building an army?”

“No, he’s clearing out all the potential hostages. He’s doing it in such a way that the News is taking notice. It also explains why Mystique was still here feeding information to the Admiral’s command and their allies. Magneto wanted to make sure everyone knew that they wouldn’t have any hostages that they could use against him once they realized he had control of their nuclear arsenal.”

“But the timing…” muttered Charles. “If it is revealed too soon, someone might guess. So Mystique was gathering data to turn over, but also monitoring the situation.”

“Exactly. And one guess who will give the final approval to release the news stories and make the connection for the humans.”

“So we still have time,” said the Professor. “But what happens when Mystique isn’t available to speak to Magneto?”

“Hank, how much longer until you are here?” asked Logan.

“I am walking down the corridor to you now.”

“Perfect. When you get here, see if you can find anything on the computer. I’m going to check the rest of the office.”

When Hank opened the door to the Admiral’s office just moments later, it already looked like it had been ransacked. Logan was sniffing several objects on the desk.

“I see you have used your time wisely,” observed Hank as he settled into the Admiral’s chair and began examining the contents of the laptop.

“Hmmph,” said Logan, sniffing the notepad in her hand. “Didn’t find much. She had her hand on this notepad recently though.”

“Perhaps you could try a trick I have seen on many old detective movies. Using the flat edge of a sharpened pencil to reveal writing indentations?”

Logan smirked, “No need. I can see ‘em but they’re not distinct enough. How about you? Find anything interesting?”

“Perhaps. It seems the Admiral has a personal appointment today. In about 2 hours. There are no details and it’s labeled ‘Meet’ and has a note that says ‘Non Descript’.”

“That’s it!” shouted Logan. “Where is it?”

“It is in the Admiral’s schedule,” replied Beast.

“No Hank, where is the meeting?”

“Ah, yes. It doesn’t say.”

“Crap!” Logan slammed down the notepad in her hands and shook her head. “It doesn’t make sense. If he’s actually going to meet her, there’s no way he’d want it to be a prearranged location. He had to have told her.” She stared at the notepad for a moment before pressing the button on her headset to activate the long-range channel.

“Charles,” she said. “We may have found something, but I think we need to have you check Mystique to be sure.”

“Logan, I have not returned to the school yet. As I said, I don’t believe Mystique will give anything away and her mind is different enough and well trained enough to hold me off for an extended…”

“Chuck! Chuck!” interrupted Logan. “It’s ok. I actually need you to check her pockets.”

“What?”

“I think she has a piece of paper with an address on it. Can you check?”

“I do not believe her outfit includes pockets.”

“Ok, somewhere on her. Just check.”

“Just a moment,” said Charles. Then, a minute later he said, “Yes, I have it. The address is in northeast Washington. If I remember correctly, not a good neighborhood. I’m sending it to Hank now. What is at this address?”

“If my hunch is correct,” said Logan, “in about 2 hours, Magneto will be.”

“You think he’ll actually come out of that mountain Sabretooth mentioned?” asked Hank.

Logan shuddered a little at the mention of Sabretooth. “Yeah, for this, I do. This is his end-game and he’s gonna want to make sure nothing goes wrong.” Then a sudden thought struck her. “Charles, how sure are we that Magneto didn’t also get his helmet back?”

“That would be very bad news,” said Charles. “I don’t sense him currently, but I haven’t for some time. If he truly does show up at that meeting, I will be able to use Cerebro to focus on the area and determine if he is wearing the helmet. We obviously need to be at this meeting in force. I will send a team to meet you, who do you need?”

“No, this has to be a stealth mission. He cannot know that we’re coming.”

“But if he sees you he can immobilize you by your Adamantium. You won’t be able to move,” observed Hank.

“Then I’ll have to make sure he doesn’t see me. No problem. Being unremarkable and unnoticed is my specialty. What could go wrong?”

 

WILL LOGAN ACTUALLY BE ABLE TO GET THE DROP ON MAGNETO? WILL THERE BE ANY LINGERING EFFECTS FROM HER RECENT ORDEAL? AND WHAT, EXACTLY, IS MAGNETO’S PLAN? CAN THE UNCANNY X-MEN EVEN STOP IT AT THIS POINT? FIND OUT IN THE THRILLING CONCLUSION OF OUR AMAZING TWO-PART ISSUE OF THE FERAL SAGA - MAGNETO’S FINALE’ (PART 2)!

 

LIFE OF BRIAN: I think it was 'Blessed are the cheesemakers.'

ME: Yes, yes it was. Thank you.

End Note:

Kudos are always welcome, but I really do want to know what you think of the story, so please comment. It doesn't have to be positive but if you have a correction, a PM would be more appropriate than a comment, so we don't bore everyone else with trivialities. If you are upset that this story contained violence, graphic sex, non-consensual actions, or mind control even after all my warnings and flags then I can't help you. If you want to demonstrate your superior knowledge of all things X-Men, please save it and just make lots of smug faces as you read my egregious errors. I'm here to have some fun and I hope I have provided you with some as well. ‘Nuff said. Until next time - Excelsior!

up
31 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

How dare you bring this

How dare you bring this amazing story to an end!!!!! (Just kidding. All good things and all, but I do hope there is a sequel at some point) I was secretly hoping it was Scott's baby. That would have been nice. Definatly glad it's not Sabertooth's. I'm intrigued about Mr. Sinister's involvement, but the whole plot behind making Logan a woman makes more sense now. I'm glad Jean is ok with sharing Scott and Lolo. Just a thought, but I think Kitty should stay on Rio with Lolo and help take care of the baby. She can still attend classes via virtual presence or some other method. I think she'd make a good aunt to the baby and it would be good for Lolo, too (but this is your story and you should feel free to dismiss that idea if you don't like it). As always, it was a great chapter and I await with bated breath for the next chapter.

Bittersweet feeling

Nyssa's picture

Thanks Mudge. I have very mixed emotions about this tale drawing to a close. There's still plenty that's going to happen and I certainly hope it entertains and has the emotional payoff you think it deserves. I'm quite sure that Kitty is going to be a doting aunt no matter where Lolo is. Also, at this point you don't know whose baby it is. Who would Neural Net have Logan pregnant by? I mean I know, but I kinda have some insight into these things, lol.

Not sure about a sequel at this point (mild spoiler on my intentions, I guess). I keep having vignettes pop up in my mind, but most are from the far off future and might be, I don't know, kinda sad for readers of this story. I don't think I'll do any more series that I publish as I write, so my next magnum opus may take a little while. Maybe some short stories or novellas? But thanks so much for reading and reaching out!