Were-fore Art Thou

Printer-friendly version

In the High School corridor walking between classes:

Mark: Peter, could we have a date on Friday?
Peter: Sorry Mark. Full moon isn’t until next week.
Mark: Damn, this wereprincess thing of yours is so hard to keep track of. So next week then?
Peter: With very great pleasure.
Mark: So, now on Friday would you mind going out with my sister?
Peter: Going out with, apart from myself at times, the most beautiful, funniest and smartest girl in school? If you twist my arm.
Mark: Good! She desperately wants to pick your brain to prepare herself for the Prom Queen contest. I hope you aren’t too upset that the Principal moved the prom to three weeks from now instead of five?
Peter, through gritted teeth: Not at all.

up
132 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I used one of Erin's ideas

However, I'm not sure that it qualifies for the reluctant princess contest.

Cute!

erin's picture

I'd say it qualifies. :) Being a were isn't really voluntary.

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

WHAT? WAIT!

BarbieLee's picture

Erin, you can't be serious? You're letting Miss Sly and Devious, into the contest? And what was that story all about anyway? A full's moon occurs every 29.5 days not every three weeks or twenty one days..., Um, wait, oh not a fool moon until next week. She tried to slip that one by me. Didn't work after I took my nylons off and started counting toes. Obviously the Principle is up to date on all the wares in his school and would appreciate the fairer gender at the prom. Due to less violent nature perhaps?
hugs ladies
always
Barb
Life is a gift. Treasure it until it's time to return it.

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl

I had already inSINuated me into the contest

with my story about Pepe of the Pew (thanks for that one, Gold-Phosphorus).
However, that was in the original idea category.
This is in the Erin provided idea story category.

The night of the prom was a dark (and possibly stormy) night.
Wait, wasn't that a near rip-off of Snoopy's novels?

Not Falling

Daphne Xu's picture

Sorry, I'm not falling for that. Since I didn't see "Pepe of the Pew" in the side list, I'm not biting. It happened once already with "National Geographic Centerfold Girl" and Laika.

-- Daphne Xu

Back to...

Daphne Xu's picture

... preparing tests, grading, and trying to write and finish at least one story.

MumblemumblegrumblewhicheverwayIgoI'mwrongmumblegrumble

-- Daphne Xu

Don't Screw with Bru

She has a fountain pen and it's loaded.

Jill

Angela Rasch (Jill M I)

Provoking...

Daphne Xu's picture

Any time one can provoke Bru into dashing off a story is a time of excitement and anticipation.

-- Daphne Xu

Just remember

The pellet with the poison’s in the flagon with the dragon;
the vessel with the pestle has the bru that is true.

Commentator
Visit my Caption Blog: Dawn's Girly Site

Visit my Amazon Page: D R Jehs

GMTA

I just ordered that Movie from Netflix.

Jill

Angela Rasch (Jill M I)

The English language is a wonderous thing

I learn new meanings of words all the time.
Now I known that "pestle" is coordinate with "muddler".
Though perhaps not the kind of pestle that was on the vessel (another word with seveal meanings).

And by the way that movie IS very funny.

Friend-zoned

Daphne Xu's picture

Peter could have had a wonderful thing going with Mark and his sister. Unfortunately for him, Mark's sister has firmly friend-zoned him.

And what was this thing about the Principal advancing the prom two weeks? Maybe when the Moon is New, to keep the wereprincesses out? (They could be dangerous, you know.) On the other hand, I was just reminded of Peter Lorre, guesting with Abbott and Costello as a sinister doctor: "At midnight, when the moon is down."

"through gritted teeth"? A date to pick his brain for the Prom Queen contest? That firmly confirms the friend-zone. (Reminds me of a guy who had a daytime shopping date with his crush, to pick out a nice dress for her date that evening.)

-- Daphne Xu

Yep, politics is keeping Peter out of the contest

He just has to settle for Mark once every 29,5 days. Well, it appears that the "were" effect is active for a couple of days each cycle. At least that's what Peter told me. The most embarrising part is the two nights every cycle when he only changes partially. A very reluctant demi-princess!

Gotta love.....

Bru's quirky drabbles. They always leave me with more questions than answers but they are very entertaining. Thank you for this one I can't stop smiling.

EllieJo Jayne

giggles

this needs to be expanded !

DogSig.png