Toni Ch. 1

Printer-friendly version

Pablo’s First Kiss

“Toni!” Rita pulls me into the girls’ bathroom, and tells me, “I heard Brad wants to ask you out.

Remember you have a date with us girls tonight. We are going to the mall."

My mom likes me to wear dresses, which scream I'm a girl, thanks to my stepfather, I'm now allowed to wear jeans and tops. I hate that word step since he is the only father I have known. I loved him when I met him in grammar school, introduced him to my mom, who was divorced, so was he, and we are one happy family now. He is no longer at the grammar school and currently teaches at my high school. He is the one that told Mom; girls wear boys' jeans, t-shirts, and sometimes boots.

I walk toward my next class wearing my boy jeans, and proud of my kick-ass cowboy boots, silky see-thru top, but thanks to my cami underneath my blouse, that’s all a boy gets to see.

“Toni,” I hear my name. It’s Brad, thanks to Rita I know what he wants. “You look nice today. What are you doing tonight?”

"I have a date with my girlfriends, shopping at the mall." Brad is the only boy I have dated, but he is too cute. I guess too pretty. But he is a wolf in sheep's clothing. He always wanted more never satisfied and has been the only one to see underneath my cami and explore my mouth with his tongue. If my parents knew, they would ground me for a year.

I'm not complaining, but that sleaze bag had to brag about it in the boy's gym, he ruined my reputation.

I get to my next class; I spot Pablo waiting, a transfer student. The nerd, geek, stutters when he talks and stares. My dad said he is just a frightened transfer student, and if he continues to stare, talk to him. Ask him why.

I stand behind him, say hello, he mumbles something. Huh. He converses at the level of a caveman, and he is getting A's? His choice of clothing, his haircut, where does this guy shop. But he smells nice, and he is a little cute, with rugged good looks. Too bad he is such geek, his backpack loaded with textbooks, how impractical. I carry only the essentials a young girl needs. Books are just too heavy.

We must give short speeches, Pablo mumbles thru his while looking at me. I mean, he could look at the other half of the classroom.
That does it; we are going to have a confrontation.

He is the last one to leave the classroom, I hear the teacher saying to him, "You do so much better in your other classes."

I waited for him outside the door, planning to grab him by his "yard sale" shirt and drag him to some corner and yell at him. But I feel
ashamed at the thought, "yard sale" shirt. Instead, I give him a sheepish smile for what I was thinking, and meekly reach out to hold his hand, he reaches to meet mine, we hold hands as we walk. We say nothing to each other until we reach a shady spot.

It was lunch break, and most students ate at the cafeteria. I always brought my lunch. We sit down; I’m the first to speak and ask him
if he would like to share my lunch.

'Yes," he tells me. I thought to myself; he can talk.

Talks about his prior high school, how he misses his friends, seems like a nice guy, but what I'm going to say to him is going to make him angry, and leave. So, I reach up and gently hold his head in my hands. I smile and tell him he is good looking for a geek, he smiles. Now the hard part, "You keep staring at me, and I don't like it. If you want to talk to me, just ask and we can meet, or have lunch like now. If that is not good enough, we can go to the nurse's bathroom, where I will take my jeans off, and you can see me in my panties." I can't believe I just said that, and tell him, "I'm sorry, I had no right to say that."

"It's okay. I would not do it. I can't invade your privacy." He could see I was hurt, and then tells me, "I heard there was a pretty girl at this school, a nice pretty girl, that I should meet. I didn't think you would have anything to do with me. I do not believe I was looking at you any more than some of the other guys. I'm sorry."

Tears are coming down my cheeks, but Pablo also has tears, he was reaching up to remove my hands from his head. I hurt him by what I said and is getting ready to leave. I couldn't allow that, so I pull him in and kiss him, he resists opening his mouth, but this kiss is not going to end until my tongue has its way with his. We fell sideways, lucky we were behind bushes, locked in an embrace that I did not want to end until the school bell rings. The bell rang, lunch is over, but what a lunch.

We walk back to our classrooms, holding hands, he turns and looks at me, smiles, and goes to his next class. I mumbled something. I am still in shock at what I did, some students noticed. I know my dad will hear about it before the end of the school day.

up
77 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Welcome to Bigcloset

Hi Pablo, I'm guessing that the title 'Pablo's First Kiss' is Chapter 1 of a longer story? I suspect that Toni is transgender but maybe not fully transitioned yet, probably because she is too young for surgery. It's a good start, and I look forward to reading more to see if I am right.

Toni

I was browsing the internet and ran across Rio's Bargain, by Lulu Martine, read it and was impressed. I'm learning to write, and study the work of others. I got Grammarly, premium, and got my stack of grammar books, and just attempted to write a story like Lulu's. Lulu's is far better. I don't know where I'm going. I just want to write a story that a person enjoys reading. Thanks for the comment.

Welcome Back...

Good to see your byline again. ("Tortilla Flats Ghost Story" was one of my favorite stories here on BC. Just read it again on the Wayback site.)

This story looks promising so far. We'll see where it goes...

Eric

Toni

Thank you for the comment. I know the characters and they will take me where they want to go. I'm just writing about their adventures, as they transition from the fantasy of youth to the reality of adulthood. They have a foot in one world and a foot in the other; they are in a place where a kiss was more than a kiss and the mere holding of hands fills you with joy. Thank you.