Hatter’s South American Safari Chap. 4

Printer-friendly version

Terry does one last check of Rhino as they prepared to be dropped out of the cargo plane, they were in. He looks over towards Aylin and Shade. He’s only met Shade a few times, but he saw how much Aylin trusted him and how close they were.

He saw that Aylin was excited about the drop. Shade on the other hand looked a little nervous about it.

“Nervous, Shade?”

“Yeah, I’ve never jumped out of a plane before.” Shade knew Aylin did a lot of crazy things and he had no problem joining her. However, he has never jumped out of an airplane before.

“Don’t worry, you’ll be inside of Rhino when we jump. That’s a different type of excitement and thrill.” A smile appears on Terry’s face.

“You mean, we are going to be inside Rhino when we drop?” Shade thought they were jumping out of the plane.

“Yep, we’re going to be inside Rhino when we drop. You saw the movie Fast and Furious, didn’t you?”

“Yeah, but that was all done by professional stuntmen.”

“It’s the same thing. I’ve done a few drops with equipment. We’ll be inside Rhino as he is falling towards the airfield. The parachutes attached to him will open and we will glide down.”

“What happens if his chutes don’t open?” Shade was feeling even more nervous now.

“Then we will become a giant bowl of gumbo.” A teasing smile appears on Terry’s face.

Aylin was on top of Rhino listening to Terry and Shade. She starts giggling when Terry tells Shade they would become a giant bowl of gumbo. She flips down off of the top of Rhino near Shade “it's going to be fun Shade, trust me.” She places a kiss on his cheek.

“Only you would think, falling through the sky inside a vehicle is fun.” He looks at Aylin.

Just before they left the Armory, Hera gave Aylin a special pair of goggles that allowed her to see in the dark. It also had a camera built into
them, so what Aylin saw, Terry would see as well.

“Alright you two, get abroad and strap in. We’re almost over our target.” Terry heads inside Rhino and towards the driver seat.

“Yipee!” Aylin follows behind Terry. She had a bounce in her step as she takes the passenger side seat.

Shade closes the back hatch and follows the others towards the front. He was still feeling nervous about this whole thing. If he didn’t love Aylin like he did, he wouldn’t even think about doing something like this. He sits in the seat behind Terry’s seat and put on the five-point harness.

The lights inside Rhino change color as they start moving backwards down the ramp. The next thing they know, Rhino is falling through the sky.

“WWWWEEEEEEEEEEE!” Aylin had her hands up inside Rhino.

Terry glances over towards her and could see she was enjoying the fall. He wonders how Shade was doing, now that they were free falling.

“How are you holding up, Shade?”

“Scared to death.” Shade had a tight grip on his seat as he tried to keep from throwing up.

Terry watches as the GPS unit counted down to activate the parachute systems. So, far everything was going as planned. The last time he did anything like this, was when he was in the army. It was just an exercise in the tank he was assigned. The airfield they were dropping down to, should be coming up soon.

Private Airfield, Brazil:
Coyote heard airplane engines coming towards his location. He takes his binoculars out and spots an object falling towards his location. After a few minutes, he notices parachutes deploying and the object spring back up in the sky. As it got closer to his location, he could make out that it was some sort of vehicle.

Coyote watches as it lands at the end of the runway. The parachutes fell on top of it, covering it. He continues to watch the vehicle to see who was coming out of it. He has never seen anything so hi-tech looking before.

“Aylin, Shade go and remove the parachute off Rhino.”

“No problem.” Aylin disengages her seatbelt.

She had fun when they were falling through the sky and loved it when the parachutes deployed. She heads towards the rear hatch. She stops and looks at Shade “that was fun. Are you going to be okay?”

She notices that he lost some of his colors. She has never seen him so pale before.

“I’ll be okay. Let’s not do that again, please.” Shade gets up and follows Aylin out of Rhino.

Coyote watches as the back section of the hi-tech vehicle door opened and two figures come walking out. One was dressed in some sort of hi-
tech bodysuit. The person was covered from head to toe. The other person looked to be female from the outline of their bodysuit. She had on a pair of dark shades that cover the front of her face. Plus, she had on some sort of burgundy top hat with a card sticking out from a band that went around the base of the top hat.

He watches as they remove the parachute from the vehicle. He notices that the two worked closely together. He wonders what their relationship was and who did they work for.

Hatter slips one of her throwing knives into her hand and cuts the harness straps that secured the parachutes to Rhino. She helps Shade with him, as he uses his sword to cut the other straps. Once the straps were removed, Shade balls the chutes up “Terry, what are we supposed to do with these chutes?”

“Mr. Bounty said to put them in the fourth hangar. There’s a wooden chest you can stuff them in.”

Shade looks around and notices there were at least four hangars. One hangar looked like it didn’t belong. It was wider than the others and the doors looked kind of new on it. He walks over towards it.

Coyote watches as the figure in the full armor heads towards the hangar he was told to meet Don Juan’s people. He watches as the person stops and lifts the visor on his helmet. After that, the black-dressed figure walks into the hangar.

As for the girl, he looks around for her and spots her on top of the strange vehicle. She looked like she was looking around herself. A few times, she seems to stop and look right at his location.

Aylin watches as Shade heads into the hangar. She climbs onto the top of Rhino and looks around. She liked her new glasses, as she looks around the perimeter of the airfield. She stops a few times while looking towards the jungle. She spotted something watching them. She couldn’t make out who or what it was. It was concealed by the foliage of the jungle, but she spotted something or someone watching them.

“Terry, can you tell me if there’s something in the woods on the perimeter of the field watching us?” Aylin kept her sight on the location.

Terry brings up the HD cameras on the right-hand side of Rhino and locks onto the location Aylin was looking for. The cameras weren’t giving him anything. He goes through the whole spectrum and finally picks up an image in one of the trees.

“I see it now, Hatter. That might be our contact. Let the person come to us.”

“Alright.” Aylin continues to watch the location.

Coyote figures he should go and introduce himself to them. He jumps down from the tree he has been hiding in and starts walking towards them.

“Terry, what does our contact supposed to look like?” Aylin watched as a person drops out of the trees of the spot she has been observing.

“Jack said they look like a humanoid coyote.” Terry saw what Aylin was looking at walking towards them.

Aylin watches the person as they came walking towards them. She slips two of her throwing knives into her hand, just in case the person wanted to play. She was good at playing rough. It was her favorite past time.

“Is everything alright out there, Terry?” Shade stuffs the parachutes he brought in, into the chest he found.

The hangar looked like it could store five or six planes inside it. He spotted a blacked-out jeep and two Cessna Skycatchers. Both Cessna’s had the same paint job, so you couldn’t tell them apart.

“Everything is fine, Shade. Our contact is walking towards us. You should see the getup they are wearing.” Aylin couldn’t believe the way the person was dressed.

They looked like a humanoid coyote. She notices they had gun holsters on each hip and some sort of blade. She could see the handle of it sticking up behind their head. The surface of whatever type of suit they had on shimmer with each step.

“Alright, I’m coming out.” Shade locks the chest and heads towards the door he came in and exists through it.

When he comes out, he notices the coyote person coming towards them. Terry had moved Rhino closer to the hangar. He saw Aylin still standing on top of Rhino. He also noticed she slipped two of her throwing daggers into her hand as well.

Coyote saw the big hi-tech vehicle move towards the hangar. The female figure on top of it just stood there and watched him. He noticed the door on the hangar opened and the person he saw go inside, comes out.

A smile appears on his face as he walks up to the vehicle but stands at least ten feet from everyone. Coyote looks at the two outside and figures there might be more inside the hi-tech vehicle.

“Sois amigos de don Juan?” Coyote figures he might as well get the question out.

“Somos agentes de su amiga.” Aylin looks down at Coyote as she answers his question.

“Quién está a cargo de ustedes?” Coyote still had his attention on Aylin.

Shade stood listening to the conversation between Aylin and the Coyote person. He was taking images of the person so Anika could add it to a file.

“I’m in charge.” Terry had stepped out of Rhino to speak with the person.

“Bien, tenemos que rescatar a la niña.” Coyote knew they didn’t have much time. They needed to leave now.

“Nos da la ubicación y podemos ponernos en marcha.” Aylin wonders why this person was speaking just Spanish.

“I’ll give the coordinates to you, now let’s get moving. We’re losing time.” Coyote turns around and heads towards where he hid his motorcycle.

“You heard the man. Shade and Hatter let get going.” Terry heads back into Rhino.

Hatter jumps down from the roof of the Rhino and lands next to Shade. She watches the Coyote person walk off. There was something unusual about the person, but she couldn’t put her finger on it.

She walks inside Rhino followed by Shade. Aylin wonders if the Coyote person was going to give them what they needed.

“Did that Coyote person give us what we needed?” Aylin looks at Terry.

“Not yet.”

Terry follows Coyote as he leads them. He didn’t have any problems following Coyote. Their location was being tracked by the GPS system he
built into Rhino.

up
152 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Ok so they meet Coyote

Samantha Heart's picture

Now to do what they came to do. Rescue the girl & send a BIG message to the cartell

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Who's is the deadliest?

Jamie Lee's picture

Aylan and her idea of toys has not changed when going on a mission. Mark seems rather subdued to go on missions that require sharp teeth.

Until the parachutes open, freefalling in the Rhino had to be an interesting experience. One it appears Mark doesn't want again.

Coyote was wise keeping eyes on Aylan, since she is probably the deadliest of the three. Probably because she can distance herself when it comes to killing. And has no qualms with really bad guys.

Others have feelings too.