Three Mortals Rise To The Heavens Chapter 1 and 2

Printer-friendly version

Chapter 1

Mort's Point of View (POV)

I woke up that day with a sense that something was different. Being the optimist that I am I made the presumption that it would be a good thing. Considering that I had prostate cancer twelve years ago and it had come back with a vengeance two years ago, most people would probably be surprised that I could maintain my optimism. Despite my terminal illness, I found facing my reality with anything other than optimism, depressing.

It all began with a knock on my door. The knock itself was surprising. We were in our third worldwide epidemic in the last ten years, this time involving a deliberately mutated cat flu and as an at-risk person, I was under isolation rules. This meant when I answered the door I was expecting a package of some kind, not my neighbour's daughter, May.

May had stepped back the government-mandated two-metre distance and was looking down at her feet in a very sad posture.

“Hi, May,” I said, using a light tone of voice, hoping to lighten the atmosphere.

She looked up at me with puffy red eyes with such a look of sorrow that I felt a strong urge to leap the distance and gather her in my arms. I resisted my natural response and tried to convey warmth in my gaze.

“My dad...,” May said, or at least tried to before falling silent. I waited patiently. “My dad has died,” she managed to get out and more tears leaked out as her crying began again. Her head dropped.

I couldn't take it anymore and gathered her up in my arms, holding her tight. Initially, she resisted and tried to push me away, but I knew that was because she was trying to protect me, so I didn't let her and held on until she gave up and sobbed into my arms.

When she calmed down I let her go and she looked at me like I was an idiot. “He died of cat flu. You can't touch me or you might get it,” May said.

“Too late,” I said with a smile. “I was given a year to live two years ago, don't worry about me. Come on in and tell me about it.”

It turned out that May and her father came down with it at the same time. After two days of fever, May had recovered but found her father dead in his bedroom and didn't know what to do so she knocked on my door.

She was only twelve years old so it wasn't too surprising that she was feeling overwhelmed. I was actually renting the granny flat that was attached to her house and she had been a fairly frequent visitor, bringing me baked goods and playing chess with me. At least, until I had to isolate myself, then we started playing chess in virtual space. Her mother had either died or gone missing when she was young and she had never mentioned any relatives. She was a sweet girl and with no children of my own, I had ended up thinking of her and treating her as a niece. She called me, 'Uncle'.

After a little bit of food and drink, she started yawning. I put her to bed in my only bedroom and started making inquiries.

Civilisation hadn't quite broken down, but it was struggling. Hospitals were full and only essential services were running. A body bag would be delivered and it would be my responsibility to get the body situated and moved to the front garden for collection. The body would be cremated fairly quickly and the ash stored for a later funeral. Social services agreed to put me as the temporary legal guardian of May.

Cat flu had an abnormally long incubation period which made it difficult to control and required long isolation periods. On the plus side, I had time to make arrangements for May in case I died. Since this was the third epidemic in the last ten years there were protocols in place which meant the number of deaths were expected to be low and life would go on. Technology had reached a stage where isolation wasn't that big a deal. Virtually everybody had an internal quantum computer with virtual reality integration and most jobs did not require physical social interaction. Jobs involving travel and holidays would be badly affected but after the first epidemic, most people in those jobs also had income protection.

Sorting everything out took most of a week. I didn't let May back into her own house until I had received the body bag, filled it, placed it correctly and knew that it had definitely been removed. Still, May didn't want to sleep in her house and despite bringing a single bed across, every night she crept into my bed and only fell asleep in my arms.

Her father had an insurance policy and May would eventually end up a wealthy girl. In the meantime, I had to work out who else could take over when I passed away. It was only when I was introducing May to my good friend Switch and explained my thoughts that my mortality really hit her and we had another round of crying.

Switch was an interesting character. She appeared gentle and kind. If you were her friend that was the way she acted, but she had the ability to be completely ruthless with her enemies. Her turnaround from one to the other was so fast it was like someone flicked a switch, hence her nickname. She was a loyal friend and had stuck by me through thick and thin.

May went quiet for a couple of days after the meeting, thinking things through and making up her mind before she approached me with a surprising proposition.

Chapter 2

“Uncle, I know you have been ill for a while and you have been told that you do not have long to live. To be honest, I knew you were ill and already considered you my uncle, so I begged my father to help you. My family has a secret that has the potential to heal almost any illness. Whether or not it can help you is down to luck, but my father forbid me from talking to you about it. He said to me that it is a family secret that must never be revealed to outsiders. Well, he is gone and you have proved that even if we are not related by blood, we are related by spirit. You and Switch are prepared to be my family, I have to treat you the same way,” May said before handing me a diary.

“That is my mother's journal. She started one when she was eight, about halfway through that volume, mum turned fourteen, which is when the secret is usually revealed. I found out early because I read mum's journal. I know where the instruction manual, the ring and the pills are, so if you want to give it a try, let me know. I spoke to my father about it and his comment was that mum was very talented so I shouldn't expect the same results as she got. Dad wasn't able to cultivate at all. It will be a matter of luck as to whether this will help or not. I know you are not going to believe me, but mum didn't die or run away, she ascended. I saw it with my own eyes when I was eight. She could feel it happening so called us together, put the pills, manual and ring in front of me and challenged me to join her when I could.”

“She ascended?” I asked.

“You'll understand more when you read the journal. She turned into a white light and disappeared right in front of my eyes. Her clothes dropped to the ground,” May answered.

I had a lot of questions, but, rather than quiz May, I took the book to my reading chair. These days most journals and diaries are electronic and kept within our internal computers with pictures and video recorded. It was unusual to have an actual real physical book in my hands. While I started reading it, May went off and came back with five more volumes that she put on a table nearby.

I skipped through until I found her mother's birthday and then started reading seriously. I took a picture record of each page and labelled it under the Ng family. May's mother, Liu, didn't describe everything, mainly she talked about her emotions, but you could read between the lines with the information you were given. Initially, it was a bit frustrating as more questions were raised than answers, but I changed my attitude and decided that I would read through it all and then re-read it before I tried to formulate my questions.

The Ng family believed that there were nine worlds all linked by the Gods. The bottom world was called The Abyss or Hell and had the least amount of density and energy. Each world had more and more energy and it was the duty of all Ng members to ascend to the fourth world, which was called the Terra realm, where the majority of their clan existed. Previously it was possible for people and other creatures to travel between the worlds, but about twenty thousand years ago, for some unknown reason, such travel was stopped. Now the only possibility was to ascend through a method called cultivation.

Cultivation was a method of bringing the energy of the world inside the body. This would result in the body getting rid of all the toxins that the body accumulates through using food as an energy source and begin a gradual transformation towards a body run purely on the world's energy. The body gradually becomes more immune to disease, stronger, more resilient and denser. There is a limit to how much energy the body can tolerate and when it reaches that limit, the body will naturally ascend to the next world, reborn into a body that can tolerate more. Theoretically, the body can ascend through all the levels and become a purely energy being in the ninth world, called Heaven realm.

The realm that I was living in was the Mortal Realm, or world two. All I had to do was begin cultivating and my body would be resistant to disease and naturally heal. Excitedly I asked May to get the instruction manual so that I could begin cultivating. There was actually a hidden safe that May led me to that she helped me open. Inside there was a booklet that looked like a copy of a copy, a couple of glass bottles and a gold ring. I took the bottles and the instruction manual, leaving behind the ring since I hadn't got to the point where the ring was explained.

The incubation period for the cat flu was between two to three months, so if I could make enough progress between now and then there was a possibility that I could survive and eventually even cure my cancer. I'm not sure my hair would ever grow back and I wouldn't stop taking my medication, but this was a real ray of hope. I had tried all sorts of experimental therapies both medical and alternative, and the fact that I was still alive long past when the doctors thought possible, showed something had helped. My money was on the gene therapy since that was supposed to stop the spread and since then, although scans showed that the metastasis spots had grown, there were no new areas.

Liu did talk about trying not to hope too much since there was the chance that she would not be able to cultivate or that her talent would be too slow to do much more than slow her ageing. From what I understood the Mortal realm was very low in energy so being born with the ability to cultivate was not high and Liu was the first in multiple generations to be able to do so. Without the pills, the chances of being able to cultivate were almost zero. Because the Mortal realm had so little energy, humans got almost all their needs from food which meant lots of toxins built up in the body. Toxins reduced the body's ability to move the energy around and to cultivate one needed to move the energy around and be able to both feel it and use our minds to control it. The first step was to remove the toxins and I could start this step while reading the rest of the journals.

up
157 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

You made me curious

I’m reading a lot of wuxia and I wonder if it’s a wuxia story

Wuxia?

Yes, I have read those stories too and liked them, but there were no female leads. I am attempting to do a different version of Wuxia.

Interesting

It’s a good start can’t wait to read more.

hugs :)
Michelle SidheElf Amaianna

Wuxia stories with female leads

WillowD's picture

Wuxia Novels with Female Leads
(Or at least started out or became female)

Here is a list of some of the Asian Light novels I have read or looked at with female leads. Some are wuxia. Others are not.

=======================================================

Title: While Killing Slimes for 300 Years, I Became the MAX Level Unknowingly
Author: Morita Kisetsu
https://www.asianovel.com/series/while-killing-slimes-for-30...

The very ordinary company OL (Office Lady), Azusa Aizawa, died from overwork.
For that reason, I decided to live a slow life in a house in the mountains as an immortal witch with the figure of a 17 year old.

The main source of income is to defeat slimes inhabiting the area to acquire magic stones. I sold these at the Guild in the village. Besides that, I made medicinal herbs, became known as “The Witch of the Highlands”, and lived with respect and trust.

However, as a result of continuing to beat slimes for 300 years, the experience values accumulated too much, and I unknowingly became level 99, the world’s strongest witch.

The level 99 witch now works together in the village with her dragon-girl apprentice in moderation, while helping everyone in the village.

=======================================================

Title: Only Sense Online
Author: ALOHA Zachou
https://www.asianovel.com/series/only-sense-online

Yun is a novice MMO player who equipped only unpopular skills labelled as garbage. However, soon after the official launch of the game, the NPC stopped to sell Recovery Potion. Everyone finally started to notice the importance of Support Magic and Items. And that spells trouble for Yun as well as all the support-based players. They received orders for recovery potion from endless flood of players en masse, some more aggressive players even go as far as forcing the support players to be their personal craftsman. In order to prevent this from going out of hands, all the support players grouped together to form a community to keep things in order.

=======================================================

Title: National School Prince Is A Girl
Author: 战七少
https://www.asianovel.com/series/national-school-prince-is-a...

On the surface, she’s a gay high school boy. In reality, she’s the hacker known as Z, who hunts criminals on the Internet. A girl dressed in men’s clothes; a master at playing games, punishing evil, and having the highest skill in seducing girls. When people learned that “he” was actually female, the entire population blew up!
Fu Jiu: “Great Deity Qin, do you have a girlfriend?”
Qin Mo puts down the laptop: “I don’t have one.”
Fu Jiu starts to seduce in a low voice: “In that case, you have one starting now. Me.”
Hearing this, Qin Mo leans over tyrannically.
Fu Jiu is dumbstruck: “Hold on! What are you doing?”
Qin Mo: “Using my privilege as a boyfriend.”

=======================================================

Title: Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? (So I'm a Spider, So What?)
Author: Baba Okina
https://www.asianovel.com/series/kumo-desu-ga-nani-ka

The world where the Hero and the Demon King continue to oppose each other. The grand magic from the Hero and the Demon King cross over worlds and exploded in the classroom of a certain high school.

The students who died in the explosion will be reincarnated in a different world. The protagonist, who had the lowest reputation in the class, was reincarnated into a spider. Nevertheless, she adapted quickly to the present condition with strong willpower.

This is a story of she who has become a spider trying whatever she can to live.

=======================================================

Title: I Said Make My Abilities Average!
Authors: FUNA
https://www.asianovel.com/series/i-said-make-my-abilities-av...

When Viscount Ascham’s House’s eldest daughter, Adele von Ascham, became 10 years old, she remembered everything with an intense headache.
Her previous self, Kurihara Misato, 18 years old Japanese, lost her life when trying to help a young girl, and then she met God…
A somewhat capable person burdened by the many expectations of the surrounding people, Misato, who couldn’t live as she wanted, pleaded to God.
“In the next life, please make my abilities average!”
Yet, somehow the story is wrong!
The girl with 3 names, being careful to not accidentally become a S-rank hunter, lives normally.
I mean, I’m just an average, common girl. No, seriously.

=======================================================

Title: Ascendance of a Bookworm
Author: Miya Kazuki
https://www.asianovel.com/series/ascendance-of-a-bookworm

Urano, a bookworm who had finally found a job as a librarian at a university, was sadly killed shortly after graduating from college. She was reborn as the daughter of a soldier in a world where the literacy rate is low and books were scarce. No matter how much she wanted to read, there were no books around. What is a bookworm to do without any books? Make them, of course. Her goal is to become a librarian! So that she may once again live surrounded by books, she must start by making them herself.

=======================================================

Title: Nanomancer Reborn - I've Become A Snow Girl?
Author: Reili
https://www.webnovel.com/book/14064812306272705/Nanomancer-R...'ve-Become-A-Snow-Girl%3F

I'm captured? Fine, I can't help it since I can't move.
Experimented on? At least give me some anaesthetic.
I'm freed? Let me get some revenge.
Want to plead for your life? Sorry, this miss here holds a grudge.
I destroyed the lab so now let me explore this world freely.
I somehow joined Mr Hero's party. Fine, he seems fun.
"Aiya, how cruel. For the honour of being a hero you'd kill this missy huh?" She smiled whilst bleeding out.
"Che, you still have the mind to joke right now?" He said with a glare.
"What is life if not to enjoy every moment? Since I'm going to die and I can't avenge myself, I hope someone else does."
"No one will. You were the only one who was more powerful than I with your Nanomancy. Now with you out of th-"
"Hush child. I'm trying to die in peace here."
"But I'm ol-!"
"Ap! Good children don't disturb their elders."
"But yo-!"
"Bye~" She grinned before losing strength.
"FUCK!"

Why am I sleeping in the snowfields?
Mr Wolves are growling at me. Hungry huh?... Me too.
This is my second book please have mercy on this author. Enjoy.

=======================================================

Title: Evil Goddess System
Author: Tilted_Axis
https://www.webnovel.com/book/16044382105736405/Evil-Goddess...

In the distant past, mana flowed freely across all the Earth. There were numerous races, ferocious beasts, monsters, and even gods. These forces put considerable pressure upon humanity, pushing their population to the lowest point in history. In an effort to save his worshippers, the God of Heaven initiated his so-called "War of Righteousness".

Many races were devastated, however none more so than the blood race. With her people facing extinction, the Goddess of Blood created the spitefully named Evil Goddess System to preserve her legacy in the worst-case scenario. Eventually, the Goddess fell, and the blood race went extinct.

Not long after the Earth was cut off from the cosmic mana stream and the numerous magical creatures inexplicably and suddenly vanished.

Tens of thousands of years passed, and humanity spread across the Earth. Finally, having sensed the slow return of the Earth's mana, the Evil Goddess System began to search for the inheritor of the Goddess's legacy.

=======================================================

Title: The Villainess Turns the Hourglass
Author: SanSobee
https://www.webnovel.com/book/14752233005509405/The-Villaine...

To beat a villainess, you must be even more evil than them.

Aria is killed unjustly by her sister but along with the turn of a illusory hourglass, she is reincarnated 5 years into the past.

She will now live for revenge, revenge against those who drove her into her death. This is the new life she has chosen.

=======================================================

Title: Reincarnation Of The Businesswoman At School
Author: Warm Color Su
https://www.webnovel.com/book/11806267105539605/Reincarnatio...

She was once a puppet to her family, a commercial spy and assassin pursued by the police. One day, she falls into the sea after being betrayed.

When she wakes up again, she is an ordinary third year student in high school. Due to her ignoble past and the ostracization of her relatives, she has always been bullied by her classmates, partly due to her being a loner.

With her gaining a new lease of life, she undergoes a massive change, returning any bullying she received in the past. With a powerful cheat, a pair of telepathic jade eyes, she is able to easily appraise jade and succeed at gambling.

She starts a business, becoming a legendary businesswoman. There's no need to talk about people who previously mocked her for being poor when they see her billion-yuan net worth. When relatives visit to cozy up with her, they are denied. We are no longer related to one another. Return to whatever foul place you came from!

Days are good, except for an easily jealous man beside her. For no good reason, she ends up aching all over, especially in her nether regions, all thanks to him.

This is a story whose male and female leads are both strong and untainted.

=======================================================

Title: How To Get Cute Girls After Transmigrating
Author: invayne
https://www.webnovel.com/book/15317943705863105/How-To-Get-C...

Meet Sora a young girl who well, loves girls and magic. She is utterly obsessed with both. She goes out and spends all her money on yuri manga and books on magic. She even watches those hen...

"Hey enough already! They get the picture! I'm a damn lesbian alright!? "

Yes, yes, sorry about that... Well like I was saying, Sora is a lesbian who loves girls and magic more than anything. That was until she stumbled upon a mysterious shop and bought an old book about magic. One thing led to another and the idiot found herself in another world.

"Hey! You just called me an idiot didn't you!?"

It's fine, don't mind. Don't mind.

Will Sora be able to survive in this new world? Will she find love and happiness? Will she finally become smart? Or will she die a horrible death?

"That's it! I quit! Find a new female lead for your story. Your nothing but a beep that beep's out of their beeping mouth all beeping day long. How about I beep the ever-living beep out of you!"

And so this is our story of Sora the lesbian who transmigrates to another world.

=======================================================

Title: SORCERESS 101
Author: WolfsBane
https://www.webnovel.com/book/14226747605694805/SORCERESS-101

What will you do if you suddenly wake up as another person after you die???

What will you also do if you realized that your pet, cat, started talking to you???
****

This is the story of Mu Lingxi, a hopeless romantic teenage girl from the 21st century who transmigrated to another world after falling to her death. Together with her little black cat Janus, she began to traverse an unfamiliar world where warlocks and sorceress exist.

Due to a few unexpected turns of events, she ended up being engaged with a prince.
But she strongly believes in Queen Elsa's words before from the movie FROZEN,
"You cannot marry a man you just met once!"
and this was why she highly objected to the marriage arrangement.
She even chose to cross dress just to hide her identity!

On her journey to learn the way of magic, she got herself entangled with five young handsome men. Together they will venture the world of magic, love, and friendship.

"Living in a place different from where I came from, how will I survive???

How could a hopeless romantic girl like me cope up with a life surrounded by five beautiful young men???

Will I be able to hide my true identity until the end??"

"MEOW~"
[Oh c'mon, little lass. Why are you asking yourself that??? You sound so rhetoric....
It's not for you to say, but for them to find out by themselves]
*Janus winked to the readers out there*

=======================================================

Title: Ah Chun: Ascending The Heavens
Author: invayne
https://www.webnovel.com/book/13694722005845705/Ah-Chun%3A-A...

A little girl rises amidst the bloodshed world of cultivation.

A vow to the heavens that controls her life or death.

A heartfelt love that lasted for ninety-nine lifetimes.

Ah Chun, a little girl who lost her mother meets an immortal cultivator named Mei Liling. Mei Liling takes Ah Chun on as a disciple and teaches her about cultivation. After making a vow to the heavens, Ah Chun's path in the world of cultivation was set. She now has no choice but to become the strongest or give her life to the heavens and die. A long journey is ahead as Ah Chun grows from a girl who knows nothing into a legend that the storytellers will talk about for years to come.

"Mr. Li, what is the meaning of this? Your daughter has my birth mother's bracelet. "

"So what if I took it! A beggar like you should have died off months ago. You were lucky that we didn't sell you to a slave trader to become some plaything for the highest bidder! You and that slut mother of yours did nothing for this village! You should have died along with her!"

"Mother is it ok to kill someone like this trash over there?"

"Chun'er if you let him live and just beat him, he will most likely try to get revenge, so it's better to remove him from this world altogether."

"Un! Chun'er understands and has learned Mother's lesson well. Chun'er will now rid this world of trash who do not know right from wrong!"

=======================================================

Title: NoGift
Author: Tyramisu
https://www.webnovel.com/book/11653172006457405/NoGift

She's a known genius of the 31st century. But due to humans' endless greed, she was forced to end her life. The moment she decided to die, she already accepted that it would be the end. But miraculously, she survived and woke up in a completely different world.

A world filled with magic and creatures that she thought only existed from myths and legends. The people there have abilities called 'Gifts'.

There's only one problem tho. She's now inhabiting a different body. And that body belongs to a... young duke?

=======================================================

Title: Ghost Emperor Wild Wife: Dandy Eldest Miss
Aughor Ziao Qi Ye
https://www.webnovel.com/book/8179206705005905/Ghost-Emperor...

Yun Luofeng, the genius of Huaxia Medicial School, died from an accident, and her soul attached onto the useless Eldest Miss of the General Estate in Longxia Continent.
Not only was this trash ungifted in the literary arts and martial arts, but she was also big chested without a brain, arrogant, and self-willed. It was not enough for her to have a perfect fiancé like the Crown Prince. She actually forcibly snatched a pretty boy in public, leading to the Crown Prince to annul their engagement.
However, the waste could not withstand this shock, so she actually hung herself to end her life.
Opening her eyes again, she was no longer the previous useless eldest miss.
With a contract with the Medical God's Code, the possession of a spiritual plant space, and miraculous hands that can bring the dead back to life, her medical skills will stun the world! Extending from the royals and nobles on top to the merchants and old and influential families below, they will all compete to curry her favor. Even His Highness the Crown Prince, who previously broke the engagement, came knocking on the door with a desire to reconcile?
In regard to this, a certain mysterious man finally could not endure it anymore and proclaimed, “Whoever dares to come and harass my woman, let them come but never return!”

=======================================================

Title: Evil Emperor's Wild Consort
Author: Ziao Qiye
https://www.webnovel.com/book/7979503906002405/Evil-Emperor's-Wild-Consort

She has come a long way.

Orphaned, born a weakling, and being the infamous good-for-nothing of Azure Dragon Country. Gu Ruoyun was the shame of the proud Gu household. Falsely accused of a crime she did not commit, she was betrayed by her family and beaten to death by her own grandfather. But life took a fateful twist on that very day — she was revived.

Newly awakened, she is now the Master of an ancient treasure that resides within her body. Precious cultivation pills, treasures beyond her wildest imagination and spiritual beasts, all within her grasp... She is the apple of the eye of all under the heavens, including that of a mysterious, handsome man.

Now she only has one goal — to conquer the world.

=======================================================

Title: Godly Devourer System
Author: Zeruna
https://www.webnovel.com/book/15056401606722205/Godly-Devour...

Gender-bent story

Its story of a Hack Designer for Games Online. Alex, who got transmigrated into an unknown world with his currently designing Goldfinger.

Because of his unusual circumstances he was turned in a beautiful woman with perfect figure who could make any one fall for her.

All kinds of horrible creatures inhabited this world. Human beings, who used to stand on top of the food chain because of their wisdom weren't even a match for the Horrible Monsters this world consists. She then starts her new life in a cultivation world with her unusual Goldfinger helping her to survive.

But she has one major problem and that is she can't make herself like men over woman.

=======================================================

Title: Mesmerizing Ghost Doctor
Author: Feng Ziong
https://www.webnovel.com/book/11046193105246605/Mesmerizing-...

She, a modern hidden ghost leader of an organization which gathered insane prodigies proficient in the various differing skill-sets. Highly skilled in medicine and poison, executes covert assassinations, viewed as insane and demonic in the eyes of people of the world. Killed in an accident, and reborn into the body of a disfigured young girl.

What? Face disfigured, identity stolen? A return to the family dim and hopeless? Her identity can be given up, her family can be forgone, but as for the one who harmed her predecessor who inhabited this same body, if she didn’t at least make them scream in unimaginable agony and throw them into a state of wretchedness, how could she live up to her demonic reputation? Endless turmoil ensues and it’s a battle to dominate over all! See how she shook the world dressed in a suit of red, her sword up against the dominant powers that rocked the Heavens! Her name spread across the seas, shocking the earth!

=======================================================

Title: It's Not Easy to Be a Man After Travelling to the Future
Author: Madam Ru
https://www.webnovel.com/book/8534263705001005/It's-Not-Easy-to-Be-a-Man-After-Travelling-to-the-Future

After dying from a strange terminal illness, Ling Lan was reborn into a world 10000 years into the future. Although she dearly wished she could just live a peaceful and uneventful life in her new healthy body, fate had other plans ...

Forced to disguise herself as a boy just so she could inherit her deceased father's premium military benefits, Ling Lan's journey to adulthood was full of challenges. After much difficulty, she finally turned sixteen when she could drop the charade. But before she could grasp her newfound freedom to get married and start her own family, a twist of fate results in her being thrown into the Federation's top military boys' school.

With these twists of fate, Ling Lan had little choice but to walk further and further down a path of no return, one of cold and aloof dominance ...

=======================================================

Title: Lady Cultivator
Author: Yun Ji
https://www.webnovel.com/book/9483917605003005/Lady-Cultivator

The challenges a female cultivator has to overcome on her life journey are countless.
She mustn’t lack in talent, cultivation techniques, medicinal pills or magic weapons. Otherwise, her cultivation will progress too slowly.
She also mustn’t have too many emotions, weaknesses, kindness, or greed - if she has these in excess, she'll soon be saying hello to death.
Moreover, she mustn't look either too pretty or ugly. Although she mustn’t be stupid, she also mustn't be too smart.
With all this in mind, a certain female cultivator sighs. Why's it so hard to become an Immortal?

=======================================================

Title: Shift! The Side-Character Heroine
Author: Drunk for Her
https://www.webnovel.com/book/8410717505000505/Shift!-The-Si...

An introverted girl has had enough of the isolation inadvertently formed by her solitary nature. Things changed when she discovers that she has the ability to transverse across the fabric of our universe into the dimensions of multiple storylines. Not only do these storylines leave her with invaluable lessons - they also impart a portion of their power - if she is deserving of it. The time has come for Zhao Youyue to change her fate. Never again, will she remain as a Side-Character!

=======================================================

Title: The Evil Consort Above An Evil King
Author: Mu Danfeng
https://www.webnovel.com/book/8335483105000205/The-Evil-Cons...

In a modern world, a professional assassin was murdered by her beloved and found herself revived in an ancient world as a general's daughter with a weak physique. She was engaged to a prince, but because she did not have a nice appearance, her fiancé and sister attempted to kill her. Although she had to struggle to survive, there were also those who unconditionally loves her that supported her in her time of need.

How does she intend to adapt and survive in such a foreign and hostile world? Follow Gu Xijiu on her journey to discover her one true love!

Thank you

Thank you very much for all of these.

I can add one more: Skyclad. This is not Asian, but does have a woman literally falling into another world. LitRPG

Author (on Royal Road): A Man in Black

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/21361/skyclad

Book blurb:
Morgan Mackenzie had a very bad day. First at work, then at home, and then her bathtub fell through a portal to another world, with her in it. Now she's stuck thousands of miles from any sort of civilization with nothing but the bathtub and a lace puffball scrubby. But she learned magic, so that's sorta nice. Now if only she could find some clothes...

I think I forgot to read this

WillowD's picture

I only recognize the first couple of chapters. I'm reading it now. Thanks.

Will it work

Jamie Lee's picture

What a crap shoot, waiting so long to see if you've contracted cat flu. Some might just off themselves instead of waiting an nerve wracking time.

May's family has some secret, and keeping it secret is understandable. Should that get out every nut would be banging on their door. Not to mention what the government types would do.

Two years to live, and a chance to live longer, of course Uncle is going to give the secret a try. But, if he doesn't ascend how might he be affected otherwise? Might his cancer be cured? Might he experienced something totally unexpected? Something that does cure his cancer but changes him?

Others have feelings too.

Gender bender wuxia stories

WillowD's picture

Here are my notes on gender benders.

Project Gender Bender

re-library.com/2020/11/05/update-on-project-gender-bender/
Add a list of books from this. ???

Reborn as a Transcendent

The global release of the first of its kind VRMMO is imminent, Yeager had miraculously gone back in time, taking with him all the gaming experience and various strategies. He believed that he could rise to the summit and bring about the miracle of immortality. However, just when the game started…

Yeager: “Wait, why the heck am I forcibly turned into a girl!!!”

Ongoing with 610 chpaters. Translations ongoing at 2 chapters/week.
Read to c174 on 21/09/05
https://re-library.com/translations/reborn-as-a-transcendent/

Hero’s Daughter

One of the six people called heroes, Reid, fought alone against the Devil, and ended up dead. After meeting with a suspicious god, he woke up again and found out he has born again as a baby. Moreover, as a daughter of his former companions. In order to regain his former power, Reid/Nicole has to go through a life of hardships to reach the ideal he aims for.

Completed with 622 chapters. Translation ongoing at 4 chapters/week.
Read to c283 on 21/08/14.
https://re-library.com/translations/heros-daughter/

Pupil of the Wiseman

Sakimori Kagami plays a VRMMORPG called Ark Earth Online. He is a veteran player with the name and appearance similar to an elderly bearded wizard from a certain book about a ring.

One day he purchases an appearance change item as a last resort to spend expiring currency and gets the idea of choosing what he would want to look like if his character was ever a girl.

Falling asleep should have suspended the game, but Kagami wakes up still online and feels the game has gotten a bit more realistic. Did Ark Earth Online finally get a long-awaited update? Or…

Ongoing with 350 chapters. Translation ongoing at 1 chapter a week.
Translated to c93 on 21/08/15. (I have read what I have in Calibre)
https://re-library.com/translations/pupil-of-the-wiseman/

Gender Bender Novels on Novel Updates

www.novelupdates.com/viewlist/34713/
Add a list of books from this.

Hero’s Redo ~ A Hero That Once Saved the World Reborn as a Girl ~
73 chapters,
https://re-library.com/2020/04/14/new-series-heros-redo/

And Re:Library brings to you… a new Gender Bender novel!!! Hero’s Redo ~ A Hero That Once Saved the World Reborn as a Girl ~ is a slice of life action story about a hero who was traumatized by politics and people afraid of him for being too powerful, so the mage in his party decided to turn him into a girl. But he was so traumatized to interact with humans that he just hid inside the mountains until two girls who came to the mountain were caught in danger. After saving them, they decided to bring her to their town to pay her back for helping them. Thus begins the new life of our traumatized hero.