The Violinist Chapter 13

Printer-friendly version

Larry glances back towards the backseat and watches as June slept. A smirk appears on his face as they traveled down the highway.

“I think we wore her out last night.” Larry turns around to face the front.

“I think she tried to do too much last night.” Mike glances in the rearview mirror at June’s sleeping form.

She was stretched out on the back seat and covered up by her favorite throw blanket. They had left the house at five in the morning to beat the morning tunnel traffic. She brought her favorite pillow and throw blanket with her. Since Mike was driving, she laid down on the back seat of the car.

“Do you think she is going to sleep all the way to Alexandria?” Larry glances towards Mike.

“More than likely. You know how she is when we go on road trips.” Mike knew from experience, that June tend to fall asleep on long road trips.

“Well, I hope she enjoys the hotel we have picked out.” Larry made the arrangements for their stay and got metro cards for them to take the subway.

Three hours and one rest stop later, Mike pulls into the parking lot of the Hampton Inn Alexandria. He shuts the car off “go ahead and wake her up.”

Larry reaches behind him and shake June’s body. He shakes her again “come on lazy bones, we’re here.”

June moans as she slowly wakes-up. She rubs the sleep from her eyes as she sat up. She looks around and notices they were parked, and Mike and Larry were looking at her.

“Are we here?” June brushes aside some of her hair.

“Yes, we are here sleepy head.” Larry helps June out of the back of the car.

June stumbles behind Larry and Mike as they head towards the entrance of the hotel. The entrance looked like most hotels’ entrances. As they walk inside, they are greeted by a young African American woman.

“Welcome to Hampton Inn Alexandria. How can I help you?”

“Yes, we have a reservation. It’s under Mike Sidlow.”

Brooks types in the name Mike Sidlow and brings up the reservations. She notices it was for three people. Room 406 had been assigned to
Mr. Sidlow. She grabs two-room card keys and programs them for room 406.

“Here you go, sir.” Brooks hands the cards to Mike.

“Thank you.” Mike accepts the room keys.

Mike escorts June and Larry up to the floor their room was on. When Mike opens the door, there was only one bed in it.

“So, I’m sleeping with you guys?” June spotted the King size bed.

“Don’t you always?” Larry looks at their wife.

“Yes. So, are we going to go to the museum now or tomorrow morning?” June puts her suitcase near the bed. She puts the violin and a few other items she brought with her to be evaluated. Next to her suitcase.

“First thing tomorrow morning. I figure we would explore downtown Alexandria and grab some lunch.” Larry sets his suitcase next to the bed.

Mike sets his suitcase on the luggage stand. He opens it up and watches June as she opens hers up and takes out her favorite nightshirt out. He spots some of her favorite toys in her case.

After everyone has their suitcases opened and their bath items setup. June looks towards Larry and Mike “hey, can we find a Thai restaurant for lunch?”

“Thai sounds good.” Larry liked Thai food and he knew June did too.

“Let’s go and find a restaurant then.”

Larry searches on his cellphone and locates one up the street they could walk too. It was called Mai Thai Restaurant Old Town and it was located on King Street.

“I found one nearby we can walk too.”

“Let me change my shoes.” June grabs her comfortable walking shoes and switches out of her traveling shoes.

Mike, Larry, and June walk down the street towards King street. They pass a Holiday Inn hotel “How come we aren’t staying here?” June looks towards Mike.

“Because the room rates were too high for our budget.” Mike wanted to keep their mini-vacation cost down.

After walking for twenty minutes, they spot the restaurant. It was across from a grocery store. The place didn’t look like much on the outside, but the inside was decorated. Whoever did the interior design, did a really good job.

The hostess escorts them to a table and gives them menus. While June was looking over the menu, she spots her favorite dish Drunken
noodles.

“Well, I already know what I am going to order.” June takes a sip from the glass of water on the table.

Mike and Larry look over the menu and after a few minutes, they pick what they want as well. When their waitress comes back to take their order. They all place their orders and order drinks as well.

June looks around the restaurant and notices how busy they were getting. She turns back around to face her husband “this must be a very popular place.”

“I think your right, June.” Larry was looking around as well.

“So, what are we going to do after lunch?” June wanted to explore downtown Alexandria.

“We’re going to explore downtown, after lunch. Maybe, see if there is anything, we might be interested in buying or get some decorating ideas.”

“Cool.”

The three of them stay at the Thai restaurant for the next hour. After lunch, Mike, Larry, and June explore downtown Alexandria. Down near the waterfront, they come across a gay club called The Artic.

“I wonder what time it opens?” June looks for the time it opens.

Larry pulls his cellphone out and googles the name of the club. It brings up the website for the place.

“Six o’clock tonight.” Larry wonders why they open so late.

“Darn!” June wanted too to see what the place was like.

The next four hours, Larry, Mike, and June explore downtown. June buys a few new t-shirts and shorts to go with them. Mike and Larry find a nice decorating place that is run by a lesbian.

They head back to the hotel with their purchases and later in the evening, head towards a Greek restaurant that was two blocks away from the hotel.

up
165 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Wonder what they are going

Samantha Heart's picture

To find out about the Violin i hope its something good.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.