There’s A Wolf and A Cheshire Loose in The Swamp

Printer-friendly version

Kelly looks at the time on her dash radio. She hopes Mr. Bounty will arrive soon. It’s been a long day for her, and she would like to get home and try to get some sleep in. She notices an older model incoming turboprop aircraft coming in for a landing. It taxies over to the hangar she was waiting at.

Once the aircraft was inside the hangar, the doors start closing. She knew that she was to wait until Mr. Bounty was inside the car. After a few minutes, she hears the back door on her Cadillac CT6 Sedan open and closed. When she looks in the rearview mirror, she notices it was Jack Bounty.

“Did you have a nice flight, sir?” As Kelly starts the car up.

“It was okay.” Jack figured the government wouldn’t have been able to track him, flying the old turboprops he owns.

Not even his wife and children knew about them. They were secrets he would take to the grave with him.

“Where would you like for me to drop you off, sir?” Kelly glances in her rearview mirror to look at Jack.

“Take me to the safe house where Cheshire is staying. Also, has the BEAST been prepared?”

“Yes sir, Daniel has him growling like a wolf and ready for some fun.” A smile appears on Kelly’s face.

The Beast was Jack’s favorite car and much more. There wasn’t much he couldn’t break through or outraced.

“Sir, the file you requested on the Chief of Staff and his contacts inside the Hunter Organization. It’s in the secret compartment behind my seat.”

“Thank you, Kelly.” Jack reaches towards the back of Kelly’s seat and presses his wolf ring to the hidden latch.

The latch releases, the lock on the hidden compartment. Jack pulls the file out and starts reading it, as Kelly drives him to where Cheshire is staying. The windows of the sedan were tinted dark, so no one would be able to look into the car.

“How is your sister doing, after her operation?” Jack looks in the rearview towards Kelly.

“She’s doing better, sir. Thank you for everything you did for her.” Kelly was thankful, Mr. Bounty paid for the specialist her sister needed for her condition.

“You’re welcome, Kelly. If you ever need anything again. Just call me and I’ll do everything I can for you.” Jack meant what he said. Kelly and her sister were nice people who have been dealt a bad hand in life.

First, their parents abandon them on the street. Then Kelly’s older sister dropped out of school to take care of Kelly. She worked two jobs just to support them. Kelly got in trouble with a bunch of people that were supposed to be her friends.

It was a good thing that the police officer who arrested Kelly knew the truth. He called him to help her and her sister. It was just recently Kelly’s older sister found out she had a rare disease. There was a cure for it, but Kelly and her sister couldn’t afford it. Kelly finally broke down and called Jack for help, since he has always looked after them.

It takes them twenty minutes to arrive at the safe house Cheshire was staying at. Kelly turns around in her seat to look at Jack “will you be needing me tomorrow, sir?”

“Maybe. I’ll text you if I need you again, Kelly. Say hello to your sister for me.” Jack opens the car door.

“I will sir and thank you again.” Kelly watches as Jack walks up to the door.

Jack knocks gently on the door. After a few seconds, the door opens and standing on the other side was Cheshire.

“Long time, no see Cheshire.” A smile appears on his face.

“That it has, Jack. Please, come in.” Cheshire steps aside to let Jack in.

Afterward, she closes the door behind him.

“How was your flight?” Cheshire turns around to look at Jack.

“Okay. I switched planes at least four times. So, if anyone was following me, they would be confused.” Jack could have switched a few more times but didn’t.

“So, tell me what the director of the CIA told you?”

“Let’s go and get some coffee, first.” Cheshire heads towards the kitchen.

Jack follows behind her. He loved watching Cheshire walk. She had the grace of a cat, that he has come to admire about her. Where he was more like his wolves, she was more like the big game cats she loved so much.

“You still take your coffee, straight black?” Cheshire starts the coffee maker.

“Yes.” Jack sits on a barstool and wait.

“While the coffee is brewing, I think you should see this.” Jack opens the folder up and shows Cheshire the page he had been reading.

Cheshire takes her glasses out of her robe pocket and put them on. She reads the information Jack wanted her to look at. She goes through each page and looks up at Jack.

“You do know what this means, don’t you?” Cheshire wasn’t happy after what she read.

“Yes, I do. The chief of staff has put out a kill order on the two of us. On top of that, the current President and the Vatican have approved this order.” The look on Jack’s face wasn’t a happy one.

“Has this information been confirmed with our agents in the Vatican?” Cheshire knew their agents in the Vatican had access to information most others didn’t.

“Yes, it's been confirmed. Several archbishops and several Bishops have signed off on a contract to eliminate the two of us. Why? I have no idea, but there is a group that doesn’t like what we have been doing behind the scenes.” Jack didn’t know the people on the list he had been given.

“That pretty bunch confirms what the CIA dictator said to me. The current officials in Washington D.C. don’t like the fact that we are operating outside of their control and they can’t control us. Plus, you know as well as I do, they will hire someone to come after us.” Jack knew a handful of people Cheshire and he considers their equals. That could make life difficult for them.

“Then, we need to deliver a message to the chief of staff what will happen if he sends anyone to take us out. Also, I think it’s time we deliver a message to the Bishops that want to kill us as well.” Cheshire already delivered one message, sending another one wouldn’t be a problem.

“What type of message do you want to send?” Jack had a few ideas.

“I’m thinking about sending Isra.” Cheshire looks at Jack to see what he thought.

Jack lets out a whistle. Isra and Cheshire went way back, and Isa possesses special gifts. Isra was one of Cheshire’s first agent she trained, and her kill record was as high as his and Cheshire’s.

“I thought she was retired, like Bart?” Jack takes drinks some of his coffee

“She is. She retired to her Chateau in Albas, France, and makes wine with her husband. She’s got six children and only one of her children has her unique gift.” Cheshire kept tabs on all the agents she trained.

“Do you think she will do the job?” Jack takes another sip of his coffee.

“She’ll do it. She hates the Vatican and what they did to her ancestors. The only reason she hasn’t done anything against them in the past. Is, I told her I would hunt her down and seal her in a special design tomb I had made.” Cheshire knew there were certain materials Isra couldn’t
pass through.

“Good, I’ll have Diarmaid construct a special gift for them and have Isra leave it behind.” Jack wouldn’t mind leaving a neutron bomb behind.
However, that was a tad bit of an overkill.

“Now, what do you think we should do to the chief of staff to the president?” Cheshire knew how devilish Jack could be.

“I’m thinking about leaving him naked in Alaska, but I don’t want to scare the polar bears or the wolves up there. We can’t kill him, because that would give them a reason to come after us. So, I say we kidnap him and throw him out of an airplane and scare him.”

“That might do it.” Cheshire takes a sip of her coffee.

Once Cheshire and Jack are done with their coffee. They head into the living room to get their plan going. Jack pulls out a second cellphone and dials a number from memory.

Shaggy Dog Inn, Kilkenny, Ireland:
“Give me another pint, Danny boy.” Diarmaid looks towards the newest barkeep his friend Garrett just hired.

The last one didn’t last a week behind the bar. The poor boy couldn’t take the teasing or hold his own against the old salts that frequent the bar. As he is sitting there waiting for his beer. His cellphone starts playing an old Irish tune he hasn’t heard in ten or so years.

He presses accept “Jack me, boy, what can I do for you?”

“Go secure, Diarmaid.” Jack didn’t want their call intercepted.

Diarmaid taps in code and listens as his cellphone switches over to a secure scrambled mode. He owns an older cellphone, but the guts of the phone were brand new.

“Alright Jack, I’m secured. So, what can I do for you, you old dog?” Diarmaid catches his pint as it slides towards him.

“I need a special package. Something nasty and deadly, that will send a message.”

“Oh! Who has pissed you off?” Diarmaid takes a swig of his beer.

“Let’s just, some religious figures have gotten too big for their robes. You think you can do the job?” Jack finishes off his coffee.

“How big do you need the gift?” Diarmaid takes another swig of his beer.

“Laptop size and lightweight.” Jack figure it would need to weightless then fifty pounds for Isra to carry it.

“Alright. How soon do you need this gift?” Diarmaid takes another swig of his beer and slides the empty pint down the bar.

“Refill it, Danny.” As he lets out a belch.

“By next the end of next week.”

“Whoa! That’s a short deadline, wolfman. I need more time.” Diarmaid almost fell off his bar stool.

“You have two weeks to complete the job. I’ll send my agent to pick the package up. I’ll give you half upfront and the rest when you’re done.”

“Alright wolfman, but it's going to cost you.” Diarmaid already had an idea in mind.” Diarmaid catches his pint as it slides to him again.

“That’s fine. Just make sure the price is reasonable or I’ll be visiting you.” Jack had put a little threat in his voice.

Diarmaid almost chokes on the beer he just drunk. He knew Jack meant what he said. The Bounty’s were known in Ireland and they were a clan you didn’t cross.

“Will do. Talk with you later.” Diarmaid ends the call.

Jack looks over towards Cheshire “your turn.”

Cheshire pulls a black flip phone out of her robe pocket and dials a number she hasn’t used in a long time.

2000 hrs. Isra’s Chateau, Albas, France:
Shawn was walking by the old fashion wall phone when it starts ringing. He stops and answers it “hello?”

“Shawn is that you?” Cheshire recognizes the voice that answered the phone.

“Yes, Aunt Cheshire. Is everything okay?” Shawn was curious about why his godmother was calling.

“Everything is fine, Shawn. I need to talk to your mother. Is she around?” Cheshire had a smile on her face. Isra asked her to be Shawn’s godmother. Shawn had most of his mother’s looks but had his father’s ears and eyes.

“MOM! AUNT CHESHIRE IS ON THE PHONE!” Shawn had yelled towards the living room from the hallway where the old phone was mounted.

Isra was changing her youngest when she heard her son yelling for her. She finishes changing her daughter’s diaper and pick her up. She heads towards the hallway phone. They had to use this phone because cell reception sucks out on her property.

She walks to her son and holds her hand out while resting her daughter on her hip. She wonders what Cheshire wants. She hasn’t heard from her since she retired from the killing business and concentrated on raising her children.

“Hello Cheshire, what do I owe this honor?” Isra wonders why Cheshire called her now.

“How would you like to get your revenge with my blessing?” Cheshire watches Jack as he continues to go through the information on the chief of staff.

“Are you pulling my leg, Cheshire? Because you have said I couldn’t go after those pricks.” Isra wanted to make those high and mighty pay for what they did to her family in the past.

“No, I’m not pulling your leg. I’m going to send you a list of Archbishop’s, Priest and Bishops that need to be eliminated. I’ll arrange for them to be in one location to activate a package I’ll be sending to you.” Cheshire fixes another cup of coffee for herself.

“So, it's only a certain group I’m allowed to go after?” Isra switches her daughter to her other hip.

“No, I’m letting you go after whomever you have a grudge against. However, remember that you need to come back to your children.” Cheshire knew Isra loved her children more than anything else. That included her revenge.

“You’re right. Alright, I’ll do the job. Send me what you have on these people.” Isra had her list of people she wanted to go after.

“It will be for you tomorrow evening. You still using the same secured number?”

“Yes, I’m still using the same secured number.” Isra had a special line going to her Chateau.

“Good. How are the children, doing?” Cheshire was godmother to at least three of Isra’s children. The last one she is godmother too has the same ability as her mother.

“They are doing fine and getting big. Kim is starting to show signs of her gift emerging.” Isra was surprised, only one of her children showed that they had her gift.

“Do you need any help teaching her how to use her gift, Isra?” Cheshire was concerned about her goddaughter.

“She’s doing fine right now. She’s at the early stages of her gift emerging.” Isra knew how that felt.

“Well, if you need any help, just let me know and I’ll be on my way.” Cheshire took her godmother duties seriously.

“I will and how long do I have to complete this assignment?”

“Two weeks. If you need any help, go and recruit Charlie.” An evil smile appears on Cheshire’s face when she says that name.

“Oh, no! I am not working with that troglodyte. I was almost killed on the last mission we did together.” Isra almost got struck by an RPG because of him. If she didn’t use her gift at the last minute, she would have been dead.

“Alright. Let me know when you’re done.” Cheshire ends the phone call.

She looks over towards Jack “Alright, what’s our next step?”

“Find out what the chief of staff routine is. I also know who would be perfect for the job.”

“Who’s that?” Cheshire is curious about whom Jack was thinking about.

“Do you remember the medical research they were doing back in the ’60s and 70’s on engineering special enhance humans?”

“Yeah, I remember the project. We had to kill some of the people that had been experimented on. Why, are you bring that up?” Cheshire was curious.

“Well, there were four subjects that survived the experiments done to them. I have used their special gifts over the years on a few jobs.” Jack kept their existence hidden from Cheshire.

“So, they possess gifts like Isra. Why didn’t you tell me a long time ago?”

“I promise to keep their existence quiet. If the government had their way, they would have been turned into high-class killers, like us. I couldn’t allow that, so I hid them and told them to keep their gifts, quiet.” Jack owed that to them.

“So, why are you telling me now?” Cheshire looks at Jack with some disappointment in her eyes.

“Because one of them lives nearby and could be helpful to us.” Jack was thinking of Daisy.

“Let’s not use whoever it is, unless we have too. Mr. Carr will be easy to handle.”

“True, Kelly has his routine down pack” Jack had seen the file Kelly put together on the Chief of Staff for the President.

“How did Kelly get all this stuff?” Cheshire looks at Jack for an answer.

“She has friends in high and low places. Plus, she’s good at pickpocketing people’s pockets.” Jack had a mischievous smile on his face.

“So, she’s another Casey?” Cheshire remembered Casey extremely well. She had a habit of stealing valuable items. There wasn’t anything she couldn’t steal, smuggle, or concealed.

“Not as bad as Casey. Casey couldn’t help herself, because it was a compulsion for her. It took years of learning self-control, for her to get it under control. Now, she works as a security consultant and has two children.” Jack kept an eye on her after she left his employment.

“That’s good to hear. Who fathered her children?”

“Sergeant Grant from the Hell Demon squad.” Jack had been surprised that Casey managed to marry Sergeant Grant.

The Hell Demons were one level below Delta squad and one of the top-notch special forces team the US has ever produced. They were normally called to handle problems that require the military to operate outside the rules.

They took their orders directly from General Tucker who answers to General Clark of the United States Special Operations Command. He and Cheshire have worked with members from the group a couple of times. He enjoyed working with them on their last mission.

“So, how do you want to do this? Surprise him in his home like we always do, or do you have something else in mind?” Cheshire knew Jack
liked to make a statement.

“I say we kidnap him on the way home. Fix it, so he is sitting in traffic and we get in the car with him.” Jack had a smirk on his face.

“You do know we are going to have to arrange a traffic accident.”

“I know and I know where the perfect spot would be good to cause it.” Jack unfolds the old fashion street map to show Cheshire where he is thinking about doing it.

“That will work. So, when do you want to put this plan into action?” Cheshire starts fixing herself another cup of coffee. Normally, she drunk tea, but her favorite tea was at home. The type she likes was hard to find here in Alexandria.

“In a few days. He’s has a meeting at the White House. We can get him on the way back to his house. The area will be dark and it’s a two-lane street.”

“You know he might have secret service agents following him.” Cheshire finishes fixing her coffee.

“You leave them to me and Beast.”

“So, I’m the one who is going to walk up to Mr. Carr’s car and kidnap him?” Cheshire knew there had to be more to this plan.

“Cheshire, most people consider you harmless. You look like you could be someone’s grandmother.” Jack looks at his old partner and realizes how old the two of them were getting. She was aging better than he was.

Cheshire just smirks when Jack makes that comment. She knew why people consider him so dangerous. It was his reputation for being a sadistic killer.

“Hopefully, this will send the message to leave us alone. I’m tired of killing people.” Cheshire just wants to live the rest of her life in peace. She wants to raise her granddaughter and other daughter and see them have happiness.

“Me too, Cheshire. After this mission and this deal with the Hunter organization is over. I’m locking my guns away.” Jack and Debbie have already discussed the matter.

A smirk appears on Cheshire’s face. She knew that wouldn’t happen. She and Jack go over the plan again laying everything out. Later in the afternoon, Cheshire gives Jack a ride over to his storage warehouse.

When they pull up to the place, they spot an older security guard at the gate. The man comes out of his guardhouse. He had a clipboard in his hand. The name on the name badge on his uniform said his name was Cliff. Cheshire rolls her window down.

“How can I help you, ma’am?” Cliff noticed there was an older well-built gentleman in the passenger seat, wearing a nice tailored suit.

“We’re here to access storage unit 240. The unit is under the name of Joseph Jones.” Cheshire had a pleasant smile on her face.

“I’ll need to see some Id ma’am.”

“Certainly.” Cheshire pulls her driver's license out and shows it to him.

Cliff accepts it and writes the information down. He notices the name on the driver's license said Kanako Yasaka. It was issued in Alexandria, Virginia.

“And what is your connection to Mr. Jones, Mrs. Yasaka?” Cliff was curious as to why she was here.

“She’s my friend,” Jack spoke up to answer Cliff’s question.

“Sorry, sir. I’m just doing my job.” Cliff hands the driver's license back to Cheshire.

“We understand, Cliff.” Cheshire rolls her window back up and heads towards the second-floor storage unit.

After arriving at the unit. Cheshire turns her corvette off as Jack exists from the passenger side. He presses his wolf ring up against a brick and it glows. The next thing that happens is the garage-style door starts raising, revealing a pitch-black 1967 Shelby Super Snake.

On the hood of the car was painted a wolf head. All the windows, except the front windshield, was blackened out.

“You had Chaos’s head painted on the hood of this car?” Cheshire walks into the storage unit.

“Well, it’s the reason it is called the beast. This car has been heavily modified.” Jack just looks at the car like a proud father.

“How much horsepower does it have?” Cheshire loved fast cars as much as Jack does.

“One thousand horsepower. Zero to sixty in 4.3 seconds, heavy-duty suspension, light armor, and armed.” Jack runs his hand across the hood.

“How often have you used it?” Cheshire had to admit it was a beast.

“Only six times throughout my career. It mostly sits there and collects dust. I’m thinking about giving it to my grandson on his sixteenth birth after I remove the weapons it is armed with.” Jack figures Chayton will enjoy it when he gets older.

“I bet he will enjoy it and Julia will want to kill you as well.” Cheshire knows Julia has a lead foot like Tizzy.

“Yeah, she’ll want to kill me. Chayton will be like his mother when he gets older.”

“Well, let's get going and get this plan going.” Cheshire walks back to her car and gets in.

Jack walks over to the beast and gets in. When he turns him over, he fires right on the first try. A smile appears on Jack’s face as he pulls out of the storage unit. He shuts the unit before he follows Cheshire out of the building.

They head back to Cheshire’s place. Later in the evening, they go to a seafood restaurant, not too far from Cheshire’s place. It was a mid to high-class restaurant.

Once they are seated by the hostess, a young girl comes over to take their order. Cheshire notices some bruising around her neck. As much as she was trying to be upbeat, she could see the defeated look in the girl’s hazel eyes. She also notices the young woman was wearing too much make-up on her face.

Jack was looking at the waitress and notices how her uniform sat on her body. It wasn’t sitting right on her frame and from the look of her wrist, they were too thin.

“Hi, my name is Clare and I’ll be your waitress tonight. What can I get you to drink?” Clare looks at the two older people sitting at her table.

She notices that they were looking at her. The older Asian woman looked like she might be rich or well off. The gentleman was wearing a dark suit and looked like he was either a businessman or some sort of government agent. There was something about his eyes that sent shivers throughout her body.

“We would like two glasses of sweet iced tea, please.” Cheshire knew what Jack liked.

Clare writes their order down and goes to get their drinks. She tries to hide the slight limp to her walk as she leaves.

“Did you noticed the abuse that young girl has been through?’ Cheshire whispers to Jack.

“Yes, and how thin she is as well. She’s either a drug user or someone is abusing her.” Jack has met his share of junkie’s before.

“I think someone is abusing her.” Cheshire has seen enough abuse in her lifetime.

After a few minutes, Clare returns with their drinks and set them down on the table. She pulls her order book back out “will this be one check or two?”

“One check. I’ll have your shrimp platter.” Cheshire closes her menu.

“And you sir?” Clare looks at Jack after writing Cheshire’s order down.

“I’ll have the T-bone steak, cooked medium-well, also the baked potato without sour cream on it.” Jack closes his menu and hands it to Clare.

Clare takes it and turns to leave. She tries to hide her limp as she walks towards the kitchen. She hopes the aspirin she took earlier kicks in soon.

Jack looks thoughtful at Clare as she walks off. He wants to know who hurt her and why. The girl seemed sweet and nice.

Cheshire and Jack just sit and watches the other patrons in the restaurant. The place had a lot of well to do people in it. A few of them didn’t look like they could afford the place daily.

After a few minutes, Clare comes walking back to Cheshire and Jack’s table. Jack noticed she barely had the strength to carry the serving tray in her hands. He watches her as she carries the tray over to them.

Clare summons what strength she had to carry the tray to the table. Her stomach starts growling because she hasn’t had anything to eat in the past three days. The smell coming off the food wasn’t helping her will power. She makes it to the table “Here is your shrimp platter, ma’am and our special house cocktail sauce.” Clare puts the plate in front of Cheshire.

“And here your steak, sir.” Clare sets the plate down in front of Jack along with the special house sauce for the steak.
Jack grabs Clare’s wrist and felt her flinch “who has abused you?”

Clare looks down into Jack’s eyes and could see anger and concern in them. She didn’t know this man and he could make matters worse.

“I can’t talk right now. I have customers to take care of.”

Jack releases Clare’s wrist. He saw how scared and confused she was when held her. He’ll get to the truth.

The rest of the dinner goes by peacefully. He and Cheshire make small talk covering different subjects. When Jack goes to pay for dinner, he leaves a hefty tip for Clare. She did a good job of serving them.

As Jack and Cheshire are walking out of the restaurant afterward “I want to see what is going on with that waitress.”

“I agree.” Cheshire sits on the driver's side.

Jack sits on the passenger side and watches the restaurant until it closes. He watches as the staff comes and goes from the place. He spots the waitress as she comes walking out of the building. She looked nervously at him.

“Does she look nervous to you?”

“Yes. It’

It’s like she is looking for someone, before walking down the street. The two of them watch Clare as she walks down the street. She gets at least a hundred feet from the storefront before she is blocked by two huge men.

“Let’s go and have some fun.” Jack takes his suit jacket off.

Cheshire follows behind Jack towards the two huge men.

Clare hadn’t spotted the two men that kept robbing her. The last time she resisted they smacked her around and threw her up against the wall. One of them reached down her pants and squeezed her testicles.

“Give us your money bitch, before we have to hurt you.” Lesner looks at the young queer as she stood in front of him and his brother.

“Maybe, she wants to pay it in trade or something?” Sam cracks his knuckles.

Clare looks at the two bullies in front of her. They have been tormenting her since high school. She knew they were members of the local gang that made everyone pay insurance money to them.

“She won’t be giving you goons anything.” Jack and Cheshire stood behind the two huge men.

Sam and Lesner turn around to see who was interfering with their fun. They spot a muscular man that stood at least six foot or more. He had on a white dress shirt and looked to have salt n pepper hair coloring.

A Chinese woman was standing a few feet from him. She was dressed in a tailor pants suit and looked as old as the man.

“Walk away old man and take the chink with you.” Lesner wasn’t going to back off.

Cheshire looks at Jack “I haven’t been called a chink to my face in a long time.”

Clare was pinned behind Lesner and Sam. She saw that it was the man and woman from the table she served tonight. She was too scared to do anything against them.

An evil smile appears on Jack’s face. This was going to be fun. He punches Lesner in the breadbasket and follows up with a blow to his jaw.
Jack lands one more punch to Lesner’s jaw, knocking him out.

Lesner tries to defend himself against the man, but he couldn’t the old man was fast and very strong. He couldn’t lay one hand on the old man. Just before he is knocked out, he watches as the old woman touches his brother in five different places and drops like a rag doll.

Sam tries punching the old woman, but his hands are sweep aside like he was moving in slow motion. He felt her finger hit a location and lost control of that limb. She hits him four more times. On the last touch, he collapses to the ground.

A smile appears on Cheshire’s face “that was fun.”

“I have to agree.” Jack looks at Clare and notices she was speechless.

Clare looks at the man and woman she served. She couldn’t believe what they did. The gang Lesner and Sam belong too are going to want their heads.

“Do you know what you just did? Their gang leader is going to want to get revenge for what you did.” Clare was shaking now.

Jack looks at Clare “let him. They will find his head on a pike.”

“Come with us, child.” Cheshire lightly takes Clare’s arm and escort her back to her corvette.

Jack sits down and lets Clare sit on his lap. He could see she was still shaking. Cheshire drives back to her safe house. Once there, they head inside the place.

“Clare, is there anyone we need to inform that you are okay?”

“No, I live by myself.” Clare was so far behind on her rent, that her apartment manager was threatening to kick her out.

Cheshire goes over to the liquor cabinet and fixes a drink for Clare. She walks back over to Clare “here drink this. It will help calm you down.”

Clare accepts the drink and slowly drink it. It warmed her mouth and throat as it slides down into her stomach. She looks at Cheshire “thank you.”

“You’re welcome. Now, why don’t you tell us of this gang and where they can be found.” Cheshire turns on the recorder built into her phone.

Clare tells them everything. Where they can be found and who was in charge. By the time she was done talking, she was feeling tired.

“Come with me, Clare.” Cheshire escorts Clare up to one of her spear bedrooms and laid Clare down.

Once Clare was laying down and asleep. Cheshire heads back downstairs to the kitchen. She notices Jack has poured himself a Scotch from her supply.

“What’s your plan?” Cheshire pours herself a bourbon.

“I’ll give them a visit after we handle this Carr business.”

“That’s if we don’t kill ourselves first. What do you want to do with Clare?” Cheshire already had her hands full.

“I’ll get in touch with Angela. She’s been looking for a new assistant and if Clare doesn’t want the job. I’ll give her some money to help to get her back on her feet.” Jack figures, either way, she will be safe.

Couple Days Later:
Mr. Carr couldn’t believe his luck. He was stuck in traffic and when he looked behind him his secret service escorts were blocked by some muscle car. He couldn’t tell what type of car it was. As he is sitting there, waiting for the traffic to start moving. His car beeps and a Chinese looking woman gets in and sits in the passenger seat.

Cheshire looks at Mr. Carr as she enters and sits in the passenger seat. She had a smile on her face because the plan she and Jack worked out was going smoothly. She looks at Mr. Carr “it’s so nice to meet you, Mr. Carr. Now, the traffic is going to start moving soon and you're going to do what I say.”

“Who are you and why would I do anything you say?” Mr. Carr was going to try and play the tough guy.

“Well, for one thing, my name is Cheshire and the man behind us is Jack Bounty. Secondly, if you don’t do what we say, well the alternative is not a good second choice.” A cheshire smile appears on her face.

True to her word, the traffic starts moving. Mr. Carr keeps going the way he was planning too. He watches as the big muscle car behind him follows him. He tries to see his secret service escorts, but they weren’t moving from where they had stopped. Smoke was coming from the front of their car.

Jack had a smile on his face as he hears the car the secret service were in pop and catches fire. The flame thrower installed in the exhaust system worked perfectly. Jack follows Mr. Carr as Cheshire directs him to the airfield where a plane was waiting for them.

Mr. Carr watches as he drives towards an airfield. He drives through the open gate “head to the hangar over there.”

Mr. Carr does as he is told. He pulls into the hangar and stops. He looks at Cheshire “now what?”

“This, as she knocks Mr. Carr out.” She hit two pressure points to knock Mr. Carr out.

Jack picks his unconscious form up and carries him to the sky diving plane they are going to use. The pilot was an old friend of Cheshire’s.
Jack and Cheshire put their parachutes on and give the pilot the okay to take off.

Four Hours Later:
“Wakey, wakey, Mr. Carr.” Jack uses smelling salts to wake Mr. Carr.

Mr. Carr wakes up and finds himself in an airplane with the door opened. He tries to move, but he could.

“Now, that your awake Mr. Carr, I want to know that Cheshire and I can kidnap you or kill you any time we want too. We want to know why you are trying to kill us?”

“Because you are interfering with the president’s agenda and as long as you two are alive. He knows you’ll try to stop him in whatever way possible. That is why you need to die. He can’t control you two.”

“So, you got the order form the president himself to eliminate us?”

“Yes and no. He did suggest the order, but we are keeping him out of it for plausibly denied ability.” Mr. Carr looks at Jack to see if he was buying it.

“Who is we?” Cheshire squeezes Mr. Carr’s forearm.

“I can’t tell you that.” Mr. Carr wasn’t going to tell her.

“I think he needs some fresh air.” Cheshire looks at Jack.

“I think you’re right.” Jack picks Mr. Carr up and carries him over to the door.

“Now, you will notice Cheshire and I are wearing parachutes and you’re not. So, you’ll have a nice long fall.”

Mr. Carr looks at Cheshire and Jack and notices they were wearing parachutes. The blood drains from his face “you wouldn’t toss me out. You’ll lose the information.”

“You might be right, but who cares.” Jack pushes Mr. Carr out the door.

“You know we’ll have to get him.” Cheshire couldn’t believe Jack would do a thing like that.

“I know, but I bet he’ll talk now.” Jack jumps out and heads towards Mr. Carr.

He just watches as Mr. Carr flails about as he falls. He manages to catch up to him.

“Relax or I’m going to let you fall.” Jack secures Mr. Carr’s harness to his.

When they touch down. They are out in the middle of a hayfield. Jack disconnects Mr. Carr from his harness.

A few seconds later, Cheshire lands not far from them. She folds her parachute up as she walks towards them.

“So, are you going to talk, or should we go for another fall?” Jack looks down at Mr. Carr.

Mr. Carr starts telling them who the others with and who their contact was in The Hunter organization.

“Did you get all that, Cheshire?” Jack looks towards her.

“Yes, I got all of it.” Cheshire holds up her cellphone.

Jack looks back at Mr. Carr “Now, we’re going to let you live, but here’s what is going to happen. You try killing me, Cheshire, or any of our family, friends and the conversation we just had will be broadcast to every news agency and cellphones around. Since I own several telecommunication companies, it will go to everyone’s cellphones.”

“Do we have a deal, Mr. Carr?” Cheshire was holding her cellphone recording everything.

“Yes, we have a deal.”

“Good. Now, Cheshire and I are going to leave you. You can either walk back home which should take you eight hours or you can hitchhike to
get home.” Jack stands up and starts walking away from Mr.Carr.

Cheshire follows Jack towards the road. She knew they had a car parked nearby.

“So, what do you think he’ll do, Jack?”

“He’ll honor his agreement. Now that we know who the others are. We can send them the same message.”

“You know something, Jack. There are times when you are dangerous.” Cheshire had a smile on her face.

“The same can be said about you, Cheshire.”

A Few Days Later:
Jack and Cheshire visit the gang leader Clare told them about. Instead of killing all the gang members, Jack and Cheshire offered them a deal instead. Their job would be to keep other gangs from coming into the territory and claiming it as theirs. On top of that, no drugs, weapons, or any illegal substances were to be sold. They were to help the citizens in their area. If Jack or Cheshire hears of them breaking their rules. Then the gloves are off and they better make funeral arrangements. Because they won’t be returning along next time.

As for Clare, she decided to stay where she was. So, Jack transferred some money into an account for her, to use to get her life back on track. Jack also gave her an emergency number, should she need help.

up
172 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

A nice story

WillowD's picture

Out of all of Lady Dragon's characters, I suspect Mr. Bounty is the most dangerous. Mostly because he seems to have almost every other dangerous good person willing to help him and he has the ability to direct operations that cause maximum damage with little to no causalities.

The kind & Dangerous Jack & Cheshire

Samantha Heart's picture

Jack & Cheshire are VERY VERY dangerous, but also very very kind.I wish in a way I could meet people like these 2. I may neve but.... it would be intresting. The Hunters & US Government made a BIG mistake in going after Jack & Cheshire they have friends who the hunters have hurt so.... yeah they don't know it but yeah major SCREW UP! NEVER NEVER mess with the WOLF & THE CAT! You do & they will find you.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Agreement

So, in return for following Jack's deal, what does the gang get? If its only the "not getting killed" bit that's not enough. Along with the stick there needs to be a bit of carrot. Make it worth their while to uphold the agreement will make it easier to keep the rank-and-file happy.

And what happened at the Vatican? We need all the gory details!

Glad they were able to help Clare.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin