Tammy Interludes: Guard of the Thistle - Part 2

Printer-friendly version
Guard of the Thistle  

Book 11: Tammy Interludes
 

 

"Guard of the Thistle"
Part 2

 

This story takes place after the end of Snowfall's story Chrysalis Project Book 10: Iron Dolphin Books 3 & 4

For all of Tammy's adventures ---> click here

 
Thursday 28th September 2017

Tammy doubted she'd made a sensible choice that morning, but perhaps the pain was worth it? She'd started with a swim in the pool at home, rising at six to avoid any silly questions. By Eight she was in the office, checking her bike before a ride around town.

She retraced the route she'd taken the previous day but looped for a second go. The climbs felt harder second time around and she managed to annoy the driver of a school bus when her legs struggled with the last uphill section of her route. Downhill she couldn't get a decent speed as the traffic was building up and diesel fumes were way too close, this was not the experience she wanted.

Joey arrived at the office as Tammy finished wiping her bike down. It hadn't rained whilst she was out, but the roads on the higher ground were damp and that hadn't help her enjoy the ride either. Something also felt wrong, but she couldn't put her finger on it.

"Tammy, You need a shower!"

"Thanks, much, but that's not really possible right now, is it?"

"Just sayin'! Coffee?"

Tammy nodded, instead of making a sarcastic reply, as she to change back into her work attire; grey cropped trousers and a lilac blouse with black low heels. After stuffing the riding apparel into a bag to take home, she used a few wet wipes on her face and other bits, chastising herself for the waste. Nonetheless she finally put on a little slap and the visage in the mirror had returned to resemble her public appearance. Tammy had never been a huge fan of make-up, taking the less-is-more attitude, but there were times when it was needed, and her current mood had dictated that she appeared confident and ready for the world, even if the opposite was true. Yes, she had remembered some of Lyssa's lessons. Even hearing her voice whilst working in front of the mirror.

"I will get my 'collective shit together'. Become; and remove all doubt." Tammy repeated quietly to herself.

A fresh mug of coffee was waiting on her desk.

"Thanks, I need this."

"Yeah, sorry about what I said, how did it go last night?"

"Well, I believe I have myself sorted for tomorrow night's dinner."

"No, the schoolboys?"

"Three were girls, except that caused a problem."

"Why?"

"None were obvious Lady material but would manage as witches okay, however one insisted on playing a male role."

"Why would that be a problem?"

"Because either I had to make one act like Lady Macbeth, which would be a struggle, or persuade one of the boys to become her."

"But didn't Shakespeare only use male actors?"

"Yes, and I wasn't expecting a problem, it wasn't an issue when I was at the school."

"You went there? Weren't there other girls?"

"I was the first."

"Oh."

"That was then and this is now. We have our coffee, let us tackle the day."

Joey handed the binder back. "I went through it. I can see how some of it is helpful. Still, it is a bit much for me and I don't think you'd get me into most of it."

Tammy sighed. "I know it's stereotyping but somehow I don't think you'd even get in the door of a London firm, even if your experience was enough! I just wanted you to have the knowledge for options, so you know how to power dress if you need to. I will suggest this; when you go to court, consider the effect of your appearance. It will determine how you are treated by the people that talk to you and thought of by the people that listen to you. You want them to take you seriously and on your side as much as can be. I know this for fact." Tammy explained.

Joey sighed. "Alright Tammy."

Tammy nodded. "Let's crack on then."

First, though, Tammy needed to make sure she had transport.

"Smart Air, how can I help you?"

"Jim, it's Tammy."

"Oh, good morning. I guess this is about tomorrow?"

"Who told you?"

"Your father, he suggested you needed to use Katie?"

"Yeah, I have a few dresses in bags that mustn't be folded, somehow they wouldn't survive my Cruiser."

"We don't need the Epic for the weekend right now, but I hear it'll be parked up from Friday afternoon until Sunday morning?"

"Sunday afternoon probably."

"Fine, so if we need to borrow it for a paid job, it's only in Inverness, and we'll get it back to you by lunchtime on Sunday. Can you lodge the keys with the usual agents?"

"Sure, thanks Jim."

Next she needed her hair done and kicked herself for not calling sooner.

"What do you need?"

"A tidy-up."

"Friday afternoon?"

"I'm flying out just after lunch, how about this afternoon?"

"Nope, no chance. Hold on, there's a cancellation for ten in the morning, but it's a short slot."

"I'll take it!"

It was near lunchtime when the keys to the Princes Court property were brought round.

"That's quick, has the sale already gone through?"

"No, but the solicitors are handling it and the other agent trusts me. Can you let the electrician know he can collect the keys anytime? I think I'll pop in and have a look for myself."

Tammy grabbed an umbrella as the road was getting damp again.

She ignored the shop door and went around to the back of the property and climbed the steps to the rear door. Someone had been serious about security as there were high and low deadlocks as well as a standard mid-door latch. Once inside she found herself in a small lobby, leading into a short hallway. Although Joey had photographed the rooms, she'd left the hallways and smaller spaces alone, perhaps some guidance was needed for her younger assistant?

Tammy had a tape measure in her bag and recorded relevant measurements into a file on her phone. There were fittings for a washing machine in the rear lobby but she hadn't seen a washing line outside and wasn't even sure that she wanted her smalls out in public? Perhaps a washer/dryer was needed?

The kitchen wasn't huge but there were sockets and spaces for all the appliances. All the electrics looked new so she guessed her electrician wouldn't need to do much apart from the mandatory safety checks. She decided to head up to the top floor and work down, she identified one room at the back of the property as an obvious office. It faced East so would be light in the mornings, although the winter sun rose just past nine o'clock around Christmas, perhaps that was just an excuse to start work late? It only had one power outlet so that would need attention, perhaps her guy could also install a network cable down to the main telephone point?

There was a small bedroom on the same floor, which could be a guest room but she couldn't envisage having many guests to stay? Perhaps if she left the room unfurnished, her mother wouldn't ask Tammy to look after someone overnight? The main bedroom was on the middle floor and already had fitted wardrobes but Tammy realised she would need more, much more, hanging space, or leave some clothes back at Dunbankin'? There was another, smaller, bedroom on this floor too but she envisaged that as a dressing room? Maybe that was there would be enough space for her growing shoe collection, although she wasn't another Imelda Marcos yet.

The main bathroom was on this floor and was already well equipped with a large shower cubicle and a corner bath. Tammy was of a generation who showered much more often than bathed. At school a shower could be taken once a day, but baths had to be booked with the Head of House a week ahead and only the school nurse could expedite a same day bath. There were times, however, when Tammy appreciated a long soak and now she didn't need anyone's permission.

Back on the ground floor there was a small dining room but the front of the property was taken with the shop. Tammy ignored that and followed the stairs down to a basement level. Here she found a large open plan room and mentally she imagined rugs, sofas and a great audio system. She decided it might be useful to test the sound insulation? The floor was wood panelled and the ceiling was clearly false, perhaps hiding pipework and cabling? Tammy wondered if the basement had been a store for the shop in the past?

There was a toilet and a utility cupboard down here. Tammy prodded the cupboard sides and found a loose panel. She pushed on one side and it swung out, revealing a small combination safe. It was locked and, unsurprisingly, there were no hints as to the code. She photographed it with her phone then replaced the panel. There was a good chance that the agent hadn't known about the safe and perhaps the previous, deceased, owner had taken the code with him.

"Too bad I didn't think to ask Krystel about safe-cracking lessons."

She went back up and entered the shop through a security door, clearly designed to keep irate customers out of the accommodation! There was a counter but no racking or display equipment. The windows were obscured by blinds but she could see the street through the door. Suddenly a face appeared and rattled the door. Tammy was startled but recognised her tame electrician.

"Come around the back." She shouted, waving her arm.

Tammy met the electrician and handed him the keys.

"I need extra power sockets in each room, future proofing, plus can you take a look at running a double network port in each room?"

"Sure Miss Smart, any idea where you want the panel?"

"There's a utility cupboard in the basement that should be big enough, can you mount it high on the back wall? I'll have Telecom bring the phone line in there."

"Okay, I'll take a look then email you with my plan and an estimate, when do you want it done?"

"It'll take another week to exchange, possibly two, so how about three weeks?"

"Will the property still be empty by then? It makes the job alot easier?"

"Yes, and I'll send a decorator in after you!"

Tammy left him there, satisfied that she was making a good decision. She knew that her father would need to take a look and would have constructive ideas, but what about Joan? Did she need to get permission from her paymasters either? What about security? These questions would need answering.

She dropped into the bike shop before heading back to the office.

"Ah, hello again Miss."

"Hi, I know I didn't get my bike from you, but something didn't feel right this morning. Could I bring it in and you take a look at it?"

"Who set it up?"

"I did."

"And your aftercare is down a phone line to Perth?"

"Yeah, maybe that wasn't the best option?"

"Okay, bring it here in the morning."

"Thanks."

Tammy returned home mid afternoon before she could get caught up in more work. It looked like Joey would have to look after Friday on her own, again, Tammy hadn't worked a full week all month!

She walked up the stairs debating between a long soak in the bath or even a glass of wine to unwind. Instead she was surprised to find her stepmother in her room.

"Mum?" Tammy called as she walked in.

Joan turned, holding up a linen skirt suit. "Zara pressed some of your things. Where did all of this come from? And she mentioned new luggage?"

"There were raffles and give-aways, for clothes, cosmetics and classes for advanced presentation. I won a luggage set, which came in useful!" Tammy said casually then began putting things away.

"So it really was a conference?" Joan asked.

Tammy nodded. "Yes, Mum. It was all about being a business-woman, being respected and presenting the best you can. On the first day, I met with fitness consultants. I've been given a nutrition and exercise plan. I've already achieved results."

"You do seem a bit more fit and not trudging in. Oh, that's lovely!"

Tammy held up a tea-length periwinkle chiffon dress. "Yes, from Dior. In fact, I think it will do for tomorrow evening."

"Tomorrow? Pru said something about Inverness?"

"I have an invite to an military awards evening, plus the get-to-know-you dinner, I'm a plus-one."

"I was never asked to be a plus-one for anything like that, how did that come about?"

"A Colonel asked me."

"A Military awards evening? What's it about?"

"The Guard of the Thistle, and I still don't know what it is?"

"There's an Order of the Thistle, but the Queen is involved and I believe they hold that in Edinburgh? Anyway, can you spare the time and are you getting roped into more cloak and dagger stuff? I worry."

"I know you do, but please don't. This weekend I am just arm candy for an old man in a uniform. You might have noticed that I'm not involved in the intelligence community any more, but it opened a few doors for me." Tammy opened the remaining wardrobes.

"I'll need shoes for the chiffon dress."

"White, perhaps?" Offered Joan.

"For day, yes. But for night; the silver Dolce and Gabanna sandals." Tammy pointed to the rack in her closet.

Joan gawked then turned back. "Tammy, I may not be a fashion consultant, but the way you now name off shoes and so on; I feel lost."

"During the seminar I became aware how out of touch I was. I discovered that many women in business take notice of what you wear and being able to name it for them has value. Not just what it is, but who makes it. Many judge you for it. Just saying 'a black skirt and white blouse' isn't enough. They see that. But when you say the skirt is; say Burberry? And the blouse is Vivienne Westwood? That changes things. Men do the same with their suits. Have you noticed? When Dad was attending these meetings I saw other men, and their assistants, ask Dad about his suit and he named it, not the store he bought it at." Tammy explained.

Joan thought. "I never gave it any thought I never attended any meetings or functions like that very often. I think I was asked once before and I said I got it in Debenhams, the look she gave me was very dismissive. Now I see why."

"During my time at the school, fashion had no value, it wasn't a part of the training for real life so I never learned about it. Perhaps, with the introduction of girls, that may be changing as well."

"Perhaps so."

"As we are talking, there is something else I would like to discuss."

Joan sighed. "What's wrong?"

"No Mum, there's nothing wrong, but I do care and I think I need to clarify a bit. You see me flying off to the Caribbean or dashing to Inverness for a dinner. But, in the real world I am a university undergraduate student and I own an estate agency. I also am a qualified pilot, but I part own an airline, so why shouldn't I fly? My contacts recently trained me for diving, that means I can safely dive on wrecks or even inspect waterfront properties?. A useful skill that cost me a weekend - nothing more!"

Tammy paused. "When I said I was going to a trade seminar, you queried it but that is exactly what I did. Am I actively in the intelligence services? No, but they still need to talk to me occasionally, so I keep the channel open. I do prefer being on good terms with them, I may need them in the future. All I ask that you please rein in your worry. If something comes up that you, Dad and Angela need to know; I will tell you. Otherwise, just go on with things. I love you, Mum. Please relax. Everything is fine."

"Very well. I will try."

Tammy smiled. "I am going to finish putting this away then take a soak in the bath. I think I deserve it"

Joan hugged her. "That sounds like a good idea, dear. I'll see you for dinner at six."

When Tammy finally sat back in her bath she sighed. "Damage control for the day; done. Now, how do I tell her that I'm moving out?"

 
Friday 29th September 2017

Tammy was up early again for a swim, guessing that she'd regret it later. Once again she reached the office before most of Thurso had woken so took the bike, keeping her session to one circuit. She was outside the bike shop at eight thirty when the owner arrived.

"As I said yesterday, I think there's something wrong with my new bike, it just doesn't feel right."

"Good morning, I passed you a few minutes ago and I think I can see the problem, bring the bike in."

He disabled the alarm and switched on the lights, directing Tammy to a bike stand near the front of the store. She took the hint and parked the rear wheel.

"Get on."

It wasn't long before he had a set of Allen keys, Tammy was hopping on and off the bike as he adjusted it.

"My guess is that you last rode when you were a wee lassie?"

"Something like that."

"It's one thing taking a kiddy bike around a playground, it's another taking this bike around the streets. You were trying to sit up, that's the wrong position. I can help you with your posture but it doesn't help that the frame isn't quite the right size for you."

"The guy at CycleManiacs asked me my height and weight."

"Sure, but that doesn't tell him if you're longer in the body or longer in the leg? No two people are exactly the same and the bike has to be fitted to the rider."

"So did I waste my money?"

"No, we can adapt what you have, but the rule of thumb should be not to buy a bike remotely. I'm not saying that so I get your business next time you need two wheels, but just make sure you visit a bike store and not a ruddy website!"

Tammy left there ten minutes later and felt obligated to buy something, the owner disagreed.

"Please don't spend when it's not needed, all this has cost me is time and I know you'll be back. I'd like to call that an investment. Please keep your money for now."

Tammy took the bike back around the circuit and took heed of the guy's comments, her calf muscles didn't feel as bad this time.

She stowed the bike in the office just as Joey arrived, it was gone half past nine.

"Oh, I wasn't expecting to see you this morning?"

"Hence the laxitude you just showed?"

"I was planning on doing my hours."

"I hope so. I'm off home."

"Oh, the electrician dropped the keys back yesterday. What's your interest in the property?"

"I have a private client for whom it will suit nicely."

"Who's that?"

"Sorry, that's confidential."

"Oh, it's one of your spook friends?"

"Really Joey? We've covered the 'spook' talk, put it away. I'll see you on Monday afternoon, I'm back in the University that morning."

"Back to normal then?"

"If you can tell me what normal is around here?"

"Yeah. But don't forget I'm in Colchester from Wednesday."

"Damn."

----

Tammy took her time, packing for her weekend. She had left the salon with her hair done and carefully showered when she reached home. She had the forethought to bring the gold-tone hair clip of the set given by Krystel. The fun had been learning they weren't ordinary hair decorations, each had the five most used lock-picking tools and also a tungsten carbide knife blade. All contained in material that concealed them from scanners. The set came with one each: Gold, Silver, Black, Neutral-Brown and jeweled. The set fit into grips under the top of her vanity case.

For this trip the medium suitcase of the collection was chosen, it too had a concealed compartment for adding her battlesuit along with the knee high boots and gloves. Tammy intended to be well prepared, including three field uniforms and lightweight boots she discovered the troops wore during warm conditions. Inside the suit/dress carrier were her dress uniform and the two frocks. In total, she carried three pieces of luggage as she picked up her vanity case as well.

A quick check of her handbag verified her needed credentials as well as other bits she kept at all times then went downstairs to leave. Pru happened to catch sight as she was leaving and had to look twice. To look more the part of an executive service pilot she was immaculately made-up. Tammy even had a new suit for flying Katie; a Carolina Herrera skirt suit, in white, with a Donna Karan silk blouse of navy blue. Instead of the white mid-heel pumps she now wore a pair of navy patent pumps from Prada. There was even a gold-tone name plaque pinned high of her left breast.

Three hours later; Tammy followed directions to park the Epic outside a hanger for McDonough Air. She found it amusing that several heads had turned as she stepped down the stairs and gave no hint to the looks of male appreciation crossing the tarmac to the hangar. She asked the manager, Geoff McDonough, to organise a taxi for her.

"Where to, Lassie?"

"Fort George, I've decided to join the regiment."

"Secretarial team?" He didn't appear to be joking.

"Assassination squad, I think your name's first on the list."

"Err, I'll get that taxi for you."

Tammy turned and went back to Katie for her luggage, smirking.

She checked in with the Sergeant at the Regimental security desk.

"Tamara Smart, reporting in."

"I have to ask, Miss Smart, are you carrying any weapons?"

"Yes, my Glock 19 and a knife. Oh, two spare magazines."

"I hope you are making a very bad joke, Miss, as you know very well that a civvie can't carry weapons in the UK."

"If you like, I'll retrieve my ID?"

"Slowly please."

Tammy produced her NATO ID as two troopers also arrived. The Sergeant stood up and saluted.

"Lieutenant; please you put your weapons on the table, M'am."

She did as requested.

"Why are you in civvies, M'am?"

"Because I'm here as a guest of Colonel MacTaggart."

"And you always carry a firearm?"

"Yes, I have my licenses with me, now I would really like to use a bathroom."

There was a laugh behind her.

"Typical, Tammy, typical!"

"Thanks for the help Kyle, I bet you didn't have trouble declaring your weapons?" She glanced downwards, Kyle blushed.

The guard sent the troopers away then addressed Captain Kyle Fielding.

"Is she for real, Sir?"

"Yes, and you're just the latest to fail to identify this beauty as one of Scotland's finest warriors."

"Well, I'll have to take these whilst you're on the site, and there's some paperwork - didn't you get the memo?"

"No, it was just a dinner invite so I just carried my usual light selection for personal protection."

It was another ten minutes before Tammy could head up to her room for the weekend. As she filled out the forms, the Sergeant gave the contents of her luggage a going over. Tammy hid a smile as the compartment in the suitcase went unnoticed. By now she really did need the loo and dashed for it after setting her things down on the bed. Back in the room, before she unpacked, she looked across the room. The windows looked out onto the Moray Firth and the view was magnificent. Tammy started to empty the suit/dress bag, she was holding up the Saturday night gown when there was a knock on the door, Tammy invited the person in.

"Kyle?"

"That's Captain Fielding to you, why does trouble follow you around?"

"I was doing quite well until this. No police, no terrorists. I was even caught up on all my emails. Perhaps someone should have warned the Black Watch?"

"We'll consider it training for them, I hear you have new playmates now?"

"That's not for discussion, Captain."

"That's not for you to decide."

"In this case it is, so sod off like a good boy. I'm here as Colonel MacTaggart's arm candy."

"Really? Do you know what this weekend is about?"

"Nope, as usual; no-one told me, but that's pretty normal about the military, isn't it?"

"So you came anyway?"

"It was delivered as an order, even if it was dressed up as an invitation." Tammy reached into her bag and retrieved the single sheet. "See?"

"Indeed, so do you want to know what the weekend is about?"

"Yes, Kyle, but if I don't unpack these cases then I'll have to find an iron and spend the rest of the early evening pressing my clothes."

"I'll wait."

"Okay, but you're not getting your hands on my knickers again!"

He took a seat as Tammy opened up the suitcase next, the one containing her battlesuit and boots, along with her combats. She decided to keep those secret and only unpack the other items, her separates and underwear then hung what she could and folded everything else into a couple of drawers, although one nightie went onto the bed along with the matching panties.

"You look quite organized, compared to previously."

"I took a course. Sorry it wouldn't do for you. It's for women only."

Kyle nodded to her collection of luggage and the clothing. "I guess if you plan to infiltrate Paris Fashion Week, you'll be ready."

"Among other places."

"That suit you're styling right now is something too. You didn't dress up like that last time."

"I flew a different plane as well. I wear what I want for my personal plane. For the one I flew here, I do dress up. This plane requires a certain image."

Finally Tammy unpacked her dress uniform, although Tammy had no idea if she'd need it, she brought it just in case. She finished by unpacking her make-up and toiletries. A quick check of the time revealed it was five pm.

"What time is dinner?"

"Seven this evening, it's not formal."

"Good, that just gives me time to get ready."

"Not yet, the Colonel wants to see you."

"I'll see him at dinner."

"He wants to see you as soon as you were ready."

"And I'll be ready once I've had a coffee then showered and made myself presentable. Please be back here just before seven to escort me."

Tammy opened the door and directed Kyle out of her room.

------

Tammy made her own way down to the lounge after finding directions in a welcome pack, it was under where her handbag had landed when she rushed to the bathroom. She had no idea whether Captain Fielding would escort her, and had taken slightly less time than planned to get ready. Tonight's frock was the Dior periwinkle number with silver sandals, the one from Cathy would be left for the following night.

She found Sean MacTaggart in a corner, sat in an armchair.

"Here you are, Uncle, I brought that cheap whisky you asked for." Tammy said it very quietly and prayed that no-one else would hear it.

"Hmmm, Wolfburn? Couldn't you do better?"

"Not with the budget you don't give me!"

"I'm sure you could afford something after what the Americans paid you?"

"Yes, I can afford the exercise equipment and the diet plan, plus the need to look good, regardless. That doesn't come cheap."

"Ah, the cost of natural beauty ...."

"Plus, my other 'Uncle' does say you tend to be a bad influence and shouldn't be encouraged."

Sean actually rolled his eyes at that comment. "Like that renegade has room to talk. If he ever went to confession, the priest would have a heart attack in three seconds."

"Indeed Colonel. Now, you wanted to speak to me?"

"Yes, can we take a walk before we're called to the table?"

Tammy received a glass of a white Burgundy before Sean looped his arm through hers, directing the pair of them through the patio doors.

"That's quite the look for you, as was the outfit you arrived in."

"I'm equipped for most eventualities, Sir."

"Good, but try not to make a spectacle of yourself please?"

"I could have lied and said I didn't have any weapons, but what would have happened when they searched me and my luggage?"

"True, but did you have to carry a gun?"

"Yes, I still have no idea what is happening here, and I could be tasked to fly somewhere else."

"By your American managers?"

"Or by yourself, Sir."

"So you are not exclusive to our cousins?"

"Not at all."

"Good. I hope someone will be able to speak with you tomorrow evening now that you've clarified that."

A gong sounded and they were called into dinner.

up
422 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Nice!

Thanks again. Enjoyed this chapter and looking forward to it's continuation.

kudo

Alecia Snowfall's picture

*sneakily ambushes the kudo button*Dingg!

quidquid sum ego, et omnia mea semper; Ego me.
alecia Snowfall

Scuba gear? And other things.

What is Tammy going to do with her scuba gear and tank refill setup?

Washer/dryer, vertical or side by side units? Is there a dryer outlet and the much useful vent? Side by side allows for cupboards to be installed above them.

Why not hang the bike from the ceiling or wall (next washer or dryer) instead of storing it outside? I believe she’ll find outdoor storage an inconvenience.

Since nothing is finalized yet, making changes shouldn’t be problem.

Tammy nicely put Kyle in his place and controlled the situation well.

Great chapter

"London" & "Washington"

At least in the authors' "universe", some people in those places have the good sense to work together and get that which needs doing done.

Past examples of such behavior in RL are available. If only the current crop of folks in high places would heed history's lessons. Churchill and Roosevelt, whose egos were colossal, did it. Enough said!

G/R

A Girl's Gotta Do

joannebarbarella's picture

What a girl's gotta do. And that includes having shoes for every occasion...and not any old shoes, but Jimmy Choos and other high-class brands. My God ..... they cost!

Well ,it appears that Tammy has not forgotten her Boy Scout days and she is prepared for just about any eventuality.

"Assassination squad, I think your name's first on the list."

WillowD's picture

Snerk. There's a good giggle to start the day off.

I decided to wait to read this chapter as I was in the middle of a marathon re-read of Tammyverse. This series is so awesome. The "downside" is that now I'm thinking of doing another marathon re-read of Snowfall's stories. Ah, the pain, the agony, the long hours and the shortage of sleep. I guess I will just buckle down and enjoy myself.

Of course, I will read the Unaccounted Gains series too.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next. This is really the first time that, outside of office work and odd bits of training, that Tammy has been involved in something that she didn't just stumble across in her day-to-day life.

Yay Tammy. Yay Shiraz. Yay Snowfall. And WolfJess7 too. You are all awesome.

They're at it again

Jamie Lee's picture

Once again Tammy gets orders to attend a dinner, and bring her working clothes, but isn't told everything. Why? Why do they find it so hard to tell her everything before she gets where she's going?

They get upset when she goes clock and dagger, but play clock and dagger themselves.

She brings her 9mm protection and they get upset. But if she doesn't take it with her and needs it, they ask why she didn't have it with her. Or they send her out, tell her to take it with her but don't use it. Then when some scum bag starts shooting at her and she puts said scum bag down, they get upset because she used her gun. Tammy can't win worth squat.

So, who does the Colonel hope will speak to her?

Others have feelings too.