The Violinist Chapter 14

Printer-friendly version

June watches the building and airport as the subway car she was in traveled towards Washington D.C. She was sitting on Larry’s lap because there weren’t any seats available. Some people were standing up in the aisle.

Mike was holding the violin case, while she sat on Larry’s lap. She leans back against Larry’s muscular chest.

“I wonder why Norfolk, won’t do something like this?” June would enjoy riding the subway.

“They are. Remember, it goes from downtown Norfolk to Newton rd.”

“Yeah, the track to nowhere.” They could do better, but they won’t.” June disliked their subway to nowhere.

As the subway got closer and closer to Washington D.C., people started getting off. Several seats opened.

“You do know there are several available seats.”

“I know, but I like sitting on your lap.” June wiggles against Larry’s lap.

“Stop that.”

“You’re no fun.” June stops wiggling against Larry’s lap.

“Alright children, here’s our stop.” Mike stands up as the subway comes to a stop.

June follows Mike out of the car. She glances behind her to make sure Larry was following her. She notices Larry wasn’t too far behind them. She follows Mike up a lot of stairs to the mall.

“I’m glad I’m wearing my comfortable shoes, instead of five-inch heels.” June had short legs, compare to Mike’s and Larry’s longer legs.

“So, which building do we head to first?” June looks towards Mike.

“National Museum of American History. We’re going to see a Leslie Chambers.” Mike did some research while Larry and June were asleep last night.

“Cool”

June walks with her guys as they headed towards the Museum. The museum was across from the castle on Madison Dr. June spots the Air & Space Museum “can we visit the Air & Space museum later?”

“I don’t see why not.” Mike wanted to see the museum as well.

It takes them about fifteen minutes to walk from the metro station and over to the National Museum of American History. Mike puts the case through the scanner, as he is directed to walk through the metal scanner.

Once he is through, June is sent through next. She brought her small backpack and it is sent through the x-ray scanner. She walks through the metal scanner. She turns around and watches as Larry walks through the metal scanner.

Mike walks up to one of the museum staff members “excuse me, sir. We’re here to speak with Leslie Chambers.”

Security Officer Strong looks at the gentleman talking to him. He noticed that there was a young lady behind him and another black man standing near the young white woman.

“Who should I say is asking for her?” Security Officer Strong wonders what the three people would have to do with Mrs. Chambers.

“Mike Sidlow and it's about a Stradivarius violin.”

Security Officer Strong’s face lite up when he heard it was about a Stradivarius violin. He knew they were very rare. They had one on display in
the museum, but he has never seen one outside of the display case.

“Do you mind if I take a look at it?” He looks towards Mike.

“Not at all.” Mike opens the case and lets security officer Strong look at it.

Security Officer Strong looks at the instrument and couldn’t believe how it looked. It was identical to the one on display.

“How does it sound, when it’s played?” Security Officer Strong looks at Mike.

“Would you like to hear it?” Mike had a sly smile on his face.

“Sure.”

“June, would you come over and play it, please?” Mike turns around to look behind him towards June.

“Sure.” June steps forward and around Mike.

June picks the violin up and carefully put it under her chin. She starts playing it and everyone around them stops to listen to the sweet musical tone coming from the violin. She plays a sort piece and when she stopped playing. There is loud applause from the other people in the museum.

June blushes as she puts the violin back in its case.

“Let me get Mrs. Chambers for you.” Security Officer Strong enjoyed the music and was impressed by the young woman.

Security officer Strong calls Mrs. Chambers's extension. He’s hoping she has arrived.

Leslie Chamber’s Office:
Leslie was sipping her coffee and reading the emails she received. She couldn’t believe how many she has received. As she is reading an email, her office phone starts ringing.

She picks the phone up “hello?”

“Hello, Mrs. Chambers, I have a Mike Sidlow here to see you, about a Stradivarius violin.” The security officer loved how it sounded.

“I’ll be right up.”

“Okay.” Security Officer Strong ends the phone call.

Security officer Strong looks at Mike “She’ll be up in a few minutes.”

“Okay, thank you.” Mike turns around and looks at Larry and June.

“She’s on the way up.”

“Cool.” June had a smile on her face.

Larry saw something on display that caught his eye. So, he heads over to look at it. He wonders what Mrs. chambers look like.

June stands near Mike as they waited for Mrs. Chambers. She was interested in a few items that were on display. She spots Larry looking at something and walks over to see what it was.

“Watch you looking at?”

“Oh, just some information about a certain location.

Larry knew June had a curious streak in her. She couldn’t help it, because her family was so vanilla about how the world worked. It was one of the things he loved about her.

After a few minutes, a woman who looks in her early thirties, with short dark brown hair, wearing dress pants and a nice blouse approaches them.

Leslie spots a black man standing near security officer Strong and another black gentleman with a young white girl looking at a display near the first one. She spots a black violin case sitting on a nearby display case.

She walks up to the first gentleman “hi, I’m Leslie Chambers. You have a violin for me to look at?”

“Yes, I’m Mike Sidlow by the way.” Mike holds his hand out to Mrs. Chambers.

Mrs. Chambers shakes Mike’s outstretched hand. She could tell he wasn’t a violin player. She does notice the violin case was brand new.

Larry spotted a woman talking to Mike. He nudges June “I guess that’s the expert we need to talk too.”

June looks at the woman as she talks to Mike. She wonders if she was going to examine the violin.

“Should we walk over to them?”

“I think we should.” Larry leads the way over to Mike and the woman.

Just as Leslie was going to ask Mike a question. The other black guy she saw and the white girl comes walking over and stand next to Mike.

“These are my companions, Mrs. Chambers. This gentleman here is my husband, Larry Sidlow, and our wife, June Sidlow.” Mike saw the look
on Mrs. Chambers's face when Larry and June stood beside him.

“It’s nice to meet you two.” She holds her hand out to be shaken.

Larry shakes her hand first. June shakes her hand after Larry.

“Why don’t we take this to my office?”

“Sounds like a good idea.” Mike figured it might be better.

up
170 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thanks for the New Episode

Guess we don't find out until next time what Leslie has to say about the violin.

The wait

This chapter was worth the wait. Cant wait for next one. Good job