Project: Stingray Chapter 20

Printer-friendly version

Delphine moves slowly under Stingray as he hung above her. The construction company had finished building the addition to the family pier for Stingray and replaced some of the damaged sections. She was checking for any cracks and damage from her jumping Stingray over the speed boat and landing. She had never done anything like that before and she didn’t know if it would do any damage to Stingrays hull.

Stingray was suspended a good foot or two above her head, as she sat on the jet ski under him. She runs her fingers on his specialized skin. So, far Stingray has performed better than she had ever imagined.

Bobby was wondering where his sister went. The police have returned all the boats that had been stolen from them, including his sister’s project. The boat itself was back at the boatyard and secured. He spots Stingray suspend up in the air by his cables.

He spots his sister underneath him on one of the family-owned jet skis. The one she was on, was the one her and their mother used.

“Watch you doing, Delp?” He stops to look down at his sister.

“Examining Stingray’s underbelly. I’ve never jumped him out of the water before.”

“Have you found any cracks or leaks?” Bobby knew Stingray mean a lot to his sister.

“None yet, but I’m going to double, and triple check him.” Delphine looks up at her brother standing on the pier.

Bobby watches as his sister checks her beloved submarine. He wonders what posse her to build Stingray.

“How is everything?”

“He’s in good condition. So, what brings you down here?” Delphine wonder what brought her brother down to her.

“You have a letter from Vosper, Limited.” Bobby has never heard of them before.

“I don’t know who they are.” Delphine moves the Jet ski over to the ladder mounted on the pier and secure the jet ski,

Delphine climbs up the ladder and stand before her brother. She had her wetsuit on, instead of the bikini she normally wore.

“Let me see the letter.” Delphine was curious.

Bobby pulls the letter along with several other addresses to Delphine. He hands them to her “there are several others that were sent to you.”

Delphine opens the first one and saw that it was an invitation for her to come to Portsmouth Naval Base, England. They heard about Stingray and would like to know more about him. The other letters were from companies inviting her to their companies as well.

Bobby watches his sister’s facial expression “so, what are they?”

“They are invitations to visit them. They want to know more about Stingray.” Delphine didn’t know if she wanted to accept them or not.

“Are you going to accept?” Bobby knew Delphine built Stingray for research, not war.

“I don’t know.” Delphine hands the letters back to Bobby.

“What do you want me to do with these?” Bobby accepts them.

“Put them on my desk in my bedroom. I’ll decide what to do about them, later.” Delphine turns around and starts climbing back down to the jet ski.

“Alright.” Bobby turns around and heads back to the house with the letters.

He wonders why his sister is so against turning something like Stingray into a weapon. She could make a lot of money with his design. He walks back up to the main house.

Delphine starts the jet ski and head over to the pier where they keep the jet skis. She parks it, next to the one belonging to her father. Once she is done securing it, she heads towards the house.

Delphine heads up to her bedroom to strip out of her wetsuit. She had a lunch date with Tom. She knew Kathy has been enjoying her boat since they modify it. Right now, Kathy was out at sea with a few friends.

Delphine hops into the shower and think about improvements she could add to Stingray. She could add high-pressure water cannons and feed them from Stingrays jet intake. That should produce enough water to ship or damage most ships and fire.

They could be mounted in pop-up turrets near the main hull. She thinks more about the idea, as she washes her hair. As for all the invitations that have been sent to her, she wonders what she should do.

After her shower, Delphine heads to her bedroom and starts getting dressed. She couldn’t wait to join Tom at Harry’s tonight. Once she is dressed and made up, she grabs her purse and heads downstairs. Just before she leaves “Mom, I’m heading out.”

Nicole sticks her head out of the kitchen “are you coming home tonight?”

“Maybe, that all depends on Tom.” A smile appears on Delphine’s face.

Nicole just shakes her head “be careful, sweetie.”

“I will mom.” Delphine waves goodbye as she heads out of the house and towards her small pick-up truck.

When Delphine arrives at Harry’s, she notices several of Tom’s friends and some of the ones she recently made were already there and drinking. She just shakes her head as she figures out who is doing the driving tonight as she heads inside and joins them.

up
174 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

It was only a matter of Time

Samantha Heart's picture

i'm suprised the U.S. Navy or U.S.Coast Guard hasn't contacted her. Yes us mavy portsmith england but not Washington D.C. plus several OTHER privite military contractors want Sting Ray. As for Tom & his friends.... well. We will see what happens.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Duh!

Bobby isn't too bright if he can't figure out why Delphine doesn't want to turn Stingray into a weapon. The problem she has now is holding on to it. I suspect Stingray isn't registered anywhere so any pissant navy with a couple of destroyers could confiscate him and it would be legal under maritime law. For that matter if the British Navy can talk her into bringing Stingray tp Portsmouth they could grab him all legal and proper.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Only dollar signs

Jamie Lee's picture

Bobby really needs to sit down and have a good think why Stingray shouldn't be used as a weapon. He needs to stop thinking in terms of dollars while he thinks.

In stealth mode, Stingray could offload a device anywhere and be gone undetected. Or if used by drug runners?

Now why would it be up to Tom if Delphine heads home afterwards?

Others have feelings too.