Covid 19 Chapter 20

Printer-friendly version

Covid Nineteen Chapter 20

©Copyright to Beverly Guinevere Taff June 2020

List of Characters.

Terry Harrington. Fugitive boy marked for compulsory transitioning.
Samantha, (Sam) First transitioned kid Terry meets on the streets.
Theodora (Dora) Leader of the transitioned kid gang.
Jessica. (Jessie) The only natal girl in Dora’s gang.
Charlie Member of the transitioned gang.
Jan Another member of the transitioned gang.
Ron Café owner who lost his daughter to egg-snatchers.
Doctor McTavish. Female paediatrician
Doctor Cummins Professorial Consultant Paediatrician
Sarah. Senior Midwife at the maternity unit
Dawn Very young trainee nurse.
Eleanor Jessica’s mother.
Diana Terri’s mother.
Marek. Refugee from ISIS terrorists in Syria.
George. Clever Insightful lab tech.
Jamal Marek’s female 1st cousin.
Sarah Jessica's personal body-guard

Part 20.

“Well, well! Look what the cat’s dragged in!” Jessica remarked part censoriously and part in jest.

“Didn’t know you’ve bought a cat.” Terri riposted feebly.

“Well there’s one little pussy that’s been missing you.”

“Now, now. Be’ ave girl! Keep it above the navel,” Terri chuckled as they fell into each other’s arms and hugged desperately.

After each had relieved their tensions they eventually separated and fell to discussing the progress of events.

“When are you next donating.?” Jessica asked.

“Sperm; later this afternoon; blood ‘bout two weeks if the Proff is sticking to his six week thing. Where are the girls?”

“Dawn the nurse has them. She’s taken them out with one of the armed guards, I think there’s a thing developing there.”

Terri knew of the security arrangements. Any person who might compromise Terri’s safety got an armed escort. There would be two escorts but in Dawn’s case the second escort was usually a female because the security group knew about Dawn and the other escort’s relationship. It was not frowned upon indeed it was accepted freely. The essential element was that everybody in the group knew about the relationship so it did not compromise the operations.

Over a light lunch that Terri helped prepare, the pair chatted at length and eventually, the topic of ‘marriage’ came up.

“It’s going to identify me to the world,” Terri protested.

“It doesn’t have to be a public thing. Just you me and a couple of witnesses. “Jessica argued.

“What about your mum. The Chinese are big on family aren’t they.”

“She knows when not to rock the boat. She’s a refugee from Hongkong don’t forget. She’s just over the moon that she’s got two beautiful grand-daughters, especially as they’ve got fair hair and only slightly almond shaped eyes.”

“Yes, they are pretty,” Terri confirmed, “even if I do say so myself.”

Jessica felt a warm wave pulse through her heart. She also had oriental slightly almond eyes with middling brown hair but when her babies arrived with their father’s blond hair, she was ecstatic. Like many girls from migrant back-grounds insecurity was always a factor. She knew she had been incredibly lucky to find such a caring and loyal partner even if he had turned out to be a transvestite. The nicest part was that Terri’s transvestism also predisposed him to being a caring, loving parent with the same emotional intensity for the girls as she, Jessica, had.
Terri’s monogamous nature was the final knot that had tied down Jessica’s feelings for him. She knew that in Terri, she had a diamond and she intended to keep it polished. What was more, now that her parents understood about Terri’s transvestism, they had moved forward light years since the girls had arrived. Eleanor only had a western name because her great grandfather had been an English immigrant to Hong Kong and married a spectacularly beautiful girl from the boat people. That beauty had travelled down through the generations to the twins Eleanor and Diana.

Jessica leaned forward and fell into Terri’s arms as they confirmed their decision to marry someday soon.

ooo000ooo

Later that afternoon, the female body-guard returned with the twins and shared a welcome cup of tea while Jessica slipped easily into her feeding routine. The body-guard smiled enviously as she blatantly watched.

“I’ll be glad when my tour of duty is completed and I’ll be eligible for motherhood.”

“How old will you be then?”

“Twenty six.”

“Quite old then. I’m surprised the fertility authorities haven’t already conscripted you.”

“I’m army. I was promoted quickly after some nasty stuff in Afghanistan and other places in that part of the world so one thing led to another. Before I knew it I was a sergeant and when I qualified for the SAS this job came up.”

“D’ you like it?”

“Most of the time, yes. My partners have accepted me now, they recognise the women’s intuition when somebody comes on to the girls. Twice now we’ve had cause to intervene though you might not have noticed.”

Jessica’s jaw sagged with shock.

“What!! You mean there have been attempts?”

“We think so. One we nailed as they were casing the scene a second possibly when you were out shopping with your mother. We suspect that they think by taking your daughters, they’ll force their father to break cover.”

“I never noticed anything!” Jessica gasped. The trouble is Terri loves her daughters and he might do something stupid if his girls are harmed.”

“Jeeze! I wish you’d stick with the same pronouns. Is Terri male or female?”

“She flips, well in her head at least. She uses the female persona mostly to hide what’s going on. Just think of her as an ‘inbetweenie’ and you won’t go far wrong. You’ve never seen her in male mode have you?”

“I don’t think I’d want to. I met her as female and I think of her as female despite all the sperm business. Anyway, when I finish my military service, I think I’ll want her child. I prefer girls.”

“Best to keep striving to keep her alive then.” Jessica grinned.

“Well we can only do our job. I’ll be back on duty tomorrow then I’m off to see my sister in London.”

As she watched the bodyguard’s car departing through the gates, Terri returned from the labs. She helped Jessica change the twin’s nappies then settled the twins as they prepared for a quiet evening . It was a relief and pleasure to be sharing time together again as they lay cuddled together on the sofa watching a chick flick while quietly savouring each other’s closeness.

As darkness fell, Terri’s phone rang, it was Ron at the Café.

“Ah, glad I caught you, guess who’s with me.”

“Dora?”

“Got it in one Babe’s. Here she is.”

Dora’s voice came through with a cheerful note.

“Watch ‘a babes! How’s tricks.”.

“Tricks are getting a bit sticky,” Terri admonished her gently.

“Oh shit! After the vaccine came out I thought things would ease off. What’s the prob?”

“They might be trying to kidnap the girls to get to us; Jessica and me, that is.”

“Who are ‘they’?” Dora wondered.

“The body guards are operating on the idea they are probably Middle Eastern or Oriental. The gang Marek met were definitely middle eastern. But now they want him to somehow get some female gametes. Their own doctors accepted the male gametes as ‘proof’ that Marek was able to access the clinic’s resources but of course; they’re forced to accept that they will need female gametes in the future. Marek is working closely with the authorities.”

“So Marek’s got to run the gauntlet again.”

“If we are to trace their paymasters, yes. But that’s between Marek and the intelligence services. All I do is produce the sperm.”

“Ha! Nice one Terri! ‘All you do is produce the sperm’! Like the most valuable stuff on earth at the moment.”

“Happen. But it’s just an accident of my genes. There’s obviously a connection to my blood combatting Covid 21 and my sperm being unaffected by the same bug.”
“Who’s researching that?”

“Half the bloody labs in Britain plus a good few more worldwide. Now that my blood and my sperm is out there, you can bet everybody’s looking to complete the jigsaw.”

Dora let a chuckle die in her throat as she considered Terri’s dilemma.

“So; no secrets for you then, your really are a lab-rat aren’t you.”

“Yeah. Tell me about it. Now, are you coming over?”

“Tomorrow darling. I need a night’s peace after staying at Sam’s mum’s.”

“Okay. See you tomorrow.”

Terri closed her phone and prepared to join Jessica in the kitchen.

“She’s coming over tomorrow, is that okay? She said Ron will bring her in the van and put her off a couple of streets away to avoid anybody making connections between his shop and us.”

“Yeah, that’ll work; It’ll be good to see old friends. We can go for a run in the country. I’m sick of being cooped up in here.”

ooo000ooo

The intercom jarred Terri to wakefulness and she almost fell out of bed as she stretched blindly for the phone.

“Who’s this?”

“Who d’ you think it is.”

“I’m not into guessing games! Who is -?”

“It’s Dora you sleepy toad. Get up!”

Terri cursed and groped into her wardrobe for a dress. After shimmying irritably into it and slipping on a pair of shoes she stumbled sleepily to the door release. The camera confirmed Dora’s being alone and Terri slipped the lock.

“Why so early?”

“Ron hasn’t got long. He’s got some work in the late afternoon. He’ll run us to a country park or something then pick us up.”

“We’ll have to wait for the security team.”

“Well call them now.”

While Terri and Jessica prepared the twins Dora asked Ron to wait awhile but soon everybody including the security team, were sneaked out and loaded into Ron’s van using a vehicle stop several blocks from the clinic.

“We should be safe unless they turn up mob-handed.” Ron opined as they approached the motorway. “So where’s it to be?”

“Nowhere far,” Jessica requested, “Perhaps Weston.”

“Suites us,” Dora and Ron chorused, “a stroll along the open beach where nobody can sneak up on us.”

“Weston it is then,” Terri agreed and Ron selected the appropriate approach lane onto the motorway..

Forty minutes later the group were savouring the wide open spaces of Weston beach with the tide out. For Jessica it was truly a blessing to get far away from the clinic and the apartment as she savoured her first trip to the seaside since she had first run away from her family home when the egg snatchers had come hunting for her.

“Had it really been nearly four years?” She asked herself.

“Penny for your thoughts Babe’s?” Terri suggested.

“I’m just thinking; how much water has passed under the bridge since we first met.”

“Which bridge?” Terri riposted.

Jessica paused before she found a suitable response.

“The one over troubled waters; what else?”

Terri pulled a wry smile as he nodded acknowledgement to her witty reply. Lost for a commensurate response he just sighed and nodded towards the Brean Down.

“Looks like a good place to picnic.”

“You’ll be lucky,” Ron observed. “There’s the river between us and there. We may as well have an ice cream over there then head back. I’ve got stuff to finish at the café.”

Accepting Ron’s advice they stopped at the little café, indulged Jessica’s whim then returned to the apartment.

ooo000ooo

As Ron’s van slowed outside the clinic the accompanying female security guard tensed.

“Drive around!”

“Wha -? Why?”

“Don’t stop, drive away.”

Ron needed no extra urging and promptly did as requested. After several city blocks, the guard finally told them to stop.

“What was all that about?”

“The security team manning the CCTV for the hospital have just contacted me. There were some people showing too much interest in your apartment block. They were driving a white Volvo. Do any of you know of anybody with a white Volvo?”

Ron, Dora, Jessica and Terri all shrugged simultaneously and the guard spoke to the CCTV operators again.

“Right okay. Check it out. Baldwin Street?”

“That’s in the city centre.” Dora observed. “We should be okay to check the flat,”

“I’ll get one of my colleagues to check it out first,” the guard cautioned, “cant be too sure these days.”

They all agreed to the strategy, and remained in the van until given the all-clear. Finally, Ron drove a couple more blocks before Terri, Jessica and Dora and the twins walked back to the apartment with the two armed escorts. When they got to the apartment, the third guard met them.

“I’ve check the building, but I’ve not checked the apartment. Jessica had better check first to see if anything has been disturbed.”

The guards took Terri’s key and cautiously unlocked the door while the others stood well back. On finally entering, Jessica checked around but found nothing untoward but the guard took out his scanner and swept the apartment. He promptly located several tiny, hidden video-cameras. Terri’s face went white with shock.

“How long have those been there?”

“They weren’t there last night. Jessica confirmed with Sarah the female SAS sergeant.

“I swept the apartment while Jessica fed the girls.”

“So they did visit us while we were at the beach.” Terri shuddered.

“Seems so but this could work to our advantage.” The third security guard explained. “They don’t know that we’ve discovered the cameras.”

“But we can’t leave them there. The one in the bathroom will show me naked and blow my disguise. Everybody thinks Terri is a pretty girl. Just a good friend of Jessica’s who calls around a lot.”

“And sleeps over.” Jessica added.

“Not a problem. When next you take a shower Jessie, just leave a towel or something drying from the shower door stiffener. That’ll block the camera. It was a stupid place to put the camera anyway but the only place where it could be easily hidden. Remember to check that the shower camera is blocked when you take a shower Terri.”

“What about the bedroom?”

“Just make sure you’re girly at all times. Girlfriends often sleep over anyway.”

Jessica and Terri exchanged smiles before Terri asked.

“And when we – ahem; you know?”

“Can’t you abstain for a few days until we trace these people?”

“Oh! It’s only for a few days then.”

“Until we catch them; that’s all.”

“Okay then. Let the Jessie and Terri peep-show roll,” Jessica sighed “the things I do for bloody England.”
ooo000ooo

up
95 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

ooooo

Maddy Bell's picture

the excitement!

Did they go the scenic way to Weston?, it only takes an hour by bike from Brizzle!

Presumably the authorities are hoping to trace the camera signals?

So, what happens next?


image7.1.jpg    

Madeline Anafrid Bell

What They Can't Do For England

joannebarbarella's picture

Lie back, spread their legs (and grit their teeth). Not that the last part would apply.

Nice to see another chapter; I thought you'd forgotten us.