Reverse Cowgirl

Printer-friendly version

My recent story "Girlyfriend" got a comment from BarbieLee that it was a reverse story. Since Barb is a selfproclaimed Oklahoma cowgirl I responded by threating to write a "Reverse Cowgirl" story in her honour. Here it is.

REVERSE COWGIRL

I was happy that my son Peter was back for summer from that fancy all-boy boarding school my husband had insisted on sending him to. I was not comfortable with the kind of mental environment such schools have.

As I walked past Peter’s room I could hear him talk to his big sister.

“ … in the end. It was absolutely mindblowing. I never would have expected doing a reverse cowgirl with Philip could be so amazing.”

I was appalled, Peter having sex in that expensive boys’ boarding school. I knew it! And quite advanced positions as well with his best friend. I have to admit that I like doing it that way with Michael but I’m a woman and Michael is my husband!

I was also disappointed that Peter hadn’t felt comfortable talking with his mother or father about his sexuality. Admittedly his big sister was closer to him in this aspect but anyway …

Peter saw me in the door. Oh my, embarrassing situation. Well, apparently not since he grinned seeing me.

- Hi Mom, I was just telling Kate about this amazing new drama teacher we have in school. Very unconventional. He had us do “Annie Get Your Gun” backwards. It was such a hoot! I had the title role.

up
197 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I Had the Title Roll

Pardon - but your homonym is showing.

Jill

Angela Rasch (Jill M I)

That is soooo funny...BUT!

BarbieLee's picture

Darling, you know I can't let this one slide. It's going to cost you. Telling me you were robbed and all your dresses were stolen isn't going to work neither. I've had my eye on that little number your wore to the New Year, Ice Castle Ball in Finland Dec. thirty first. Why you didn't freeze your cute little tush off in that almost dress is a mystery. It reflected light like a prism changing colors every step. Did you manage to get the plans for their Deep Sweep sub hunting proto type or did I miss what you were there for? And don't try and tell me you were there for the champagne and caviar.
Hugs Bru, you do manage to make life interesting
Barb
Life is a challenge, maybe no brass ring but the ride is worth sticking with it.

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl

"Honestly", I was there for the Koskenkorva and maivan mätiä

Oh, well. Getting hold of their latest ASW equipment might have played a part. It's interesting. Normally the best way of hunting a submarine is with another submarine, in particular in the Baltic with the archipelagos around Sweden and Finland and the different temperature and salinity layers that makes the task rather tricky. Finland don't have submarines. Like Austria, Finland was for a long time prohibited from having submarines according to post-WWII peace treaties. Both countries have since declared those clauses void.

Reverse cowgirl

I don't know why but I have this mental image of a cow in chaps and a vest. Maybe a pink Stetson. I have no attraction to cattle, unless in a culinary form, but there it is.

Time is the longest distance to your destination.

Would that be...

Daphne Xu's picture

,,, the cow who's urging you to "eat more chicken"?

-- Daphne Xu

Nug Ruoy

Daphne Xu's picture

I do wonder how difficult it would be to sing, "Anything you can do, I can do better," backwards.

It might have occurred to Mom that, as a Noob at the boys boarding school, Peter would be the bottom. So "reverse cowgirl" would have to refer to something different.

The title made a couple nice made-up names, that I saved in my list for future use. I'd already used "ZogMyrf" and "Itbmpt".

-- Daphne Xu

Knew something was up

It is a Bru story after all. Bru you slipped this one right in there and I was all in, until you got me with the last line. Well done!

>>> Kay

No reference point

Jamie Lee's picture

Umm...slight question. When Peter said reverse, did he mean they did the play end to beginning or they said their line backwards? Or spoke the words backwards?

I can imagine how funny it would have been for those who've seen Annie Get Your Gun, but a bit strange for those who haven't seen it.

Still, mom's apprehension was fueled by not having a reference point until Peter spoke to her. But an even better question has to do with why mom thought Peter would end up as some degenerate for having attended a boys school? How would she know what goes on in that school?

Thumbs up Bru!

Others have feelings too.

I wasn't there so I have to take Peter's word

The impression I got was that they did it end to beginning.

There is a quite wide-spread idea that all-male environments induce certain sexual behaviour. See for an example "The Loom of Youth" by Alec Waugh, brother of Evelyn. Actually more in the preface written in 1954 for a new edition rather than in the book itself. The references in the book text are so slight that the fact it was widely recognised says quite a lot.

Addendum
I had a word with Peter's mother and she explained that while the sexual part was part of her concerns she was more worried about that little Peter would be subjected to rather slanted views of his fellow human beings.

What?

Emma Anne Tate's picture

She was worried that he’d be corrupted at an all-boys school? Heavens! What could give her such a notion?

Annie, put your gun away. The play’s about to start. :)

Emma