Let the Music Play Chp. 2

Printer-friendly version

Lindsey covers up a yawn as she prepares to take notes. She took a seat down front, so she could hear and see what the professor was saying and writing. She wishes she had grabbed a cup of coffee, before coming to class.

Lindsey looks behind her as the rest of the college-age students come walking into the room. She was the youngest among them and shorter than most of them as well. She covers up another yawn and is surprised when a guy sits down next to her. He had a short-boxed style beard that frames his jaw. He also had a nice mustache that joined his beard.

Robert was surprised to see a young girl sitting next to him. She looked like she should be in high school or something. He notices that she was ready to take notes right away. Which, in his view gave her high marks.

“Hi, I’m Robert.” Robert extends his hand when he sits down.

“I’m Lindsey. It’s nice to meet you as well.” Lindsey shakes Robert’s extended hand.

“So, why are taking this class?” Robert was curious.

“Well, one is a required class for me to take. Secondly, I’m studying to become a music director.”

“Cool. Do you play an instrument or anything?”

“Yes, I play six different instruments.” Lindsey has been practicing since she bought the cello and violin.

She loved her cello and the sweet music that came from it. She still couldn’t get over the fact that it was a missing Stradivarius.

“Six instruments?” Robert was amazed that this small girl in front of him, played six instruments.

“How many instruments, do you play?” Lindsey was curious.

“At least three.” Robert knew he needed to learn how to play some instruments.

Their teacher comes walking in and everyone gets quiet. The teacher looked like he was in his late forties, maybe early fifties. After going through the roll call, the instructor tells the class what he expects from them and goes into the lesson.

Two hours later, Lindsey’s first-class ends. She took a lot of notes during the class. She has another class that started at ten o’clock. So, she had an hour to kill.

Lindsey spot the coffee machine and heads straight to it. Lindsey looks around and spots Tessa talking to someone from their former high school. She walks over to a bench and sits down and looks around her.

Lindsey just couldn’t get over the fact that she was the shortest girl among all the people there. She did spot a few people that look like they could be as young as she was. She finishes her coffee and heads towards her next class. As she is walking in, she spots Robert.

She saw how well he took notes during their first class. She walks over to where he was about to sit down.

“Do you mind if I sit next to you, Robert?”

Robert looks up when he hears Lindsey’s voice “not at all.”

“Thanks.” Lindsey sets up her note pad and mini laptop.

Her original laptop, that she had in high school. The heat fan in it stopped working and melted the CPU. Luckily, she managed to recover all her original programs and transfer them to her new laptop.

“Robert, are you a full-time student or part-time?” Lindsey grabs her favorite pen that had the band’s name printed on it.

“Full time. How about you?”

“Full time as well.” Lindsey decided that she wanted to be a full-time student, even with her busy schedule.

“So, how long have you wanted to be a conductor?”

“Since my music teacher suggested it might be a good path for me. I have an ear for music and can tell when someone messes up when they are playing. Plus, I hear music in my head.” Lindsey didn’t know how to explain it.

“You hear music in your head?” A puzzled look appears on his face.

“Yeah, I know it sounds weird, but I can hear how a piece is supposed to sound. It’s like I can tell what notes and composition it should be
played in.”

“Wow! You must be some sort of musical prodigy.” Robert figures that explain why she was in college.

“I am.” Lindsey brushes aside a lock of her hair.

Lindsey watches as the instructor comes walking in. This time, she had a female instructor. The woman looked to be in her late thirties, maybe early forties.

When she starts writing on the whiteboard, Lindsey starts coping as well. The instructor takes roll calls of the students in her class and what she excepts from them. In the next two hours, her teacher gives them a lot of information and assign several chapters to read.

By noontime, her class ends. She watches as Robert meets up with several people. She grabs her backpack and heads towards to meet up with Tessa and Kaja.

As she approaches the meeting spot, they agreed on. She spots Kaja talking to a few people. She walks over to Kaja to stand next to her.

Kaja spotted Lindsey standing next to her. A smile appears on her face “guys, I would like for you to meet my girlfriend, Lindsey.”

Several of the people standing in front of Kaja, look at Lindsey. They noticed how young she looked standing next to Kaja.

“I know she looks young but believes me. She’s extremely smart and is a member of the Dusty Gasket band. She is also a songwriter and plays several different instruments.” Kaja was proud of Lindsey.

“You write music?” Lacey was curious.

“Yes, I write music for my band and several other bands. Several of my pieces have been bought by a few well-known artists.” Lindsey has sold a few pieces to a few popular artists.

“Wow, so Kaja works for you?” Kelly was curious.

“Yes and no. Kaja owns the advertising company my band and several other bands our production studio record use.” Lindsey was happy when she asked Kaja to handle their merchandise.

Kelly and a few others look at Kaja. They just met her, but she has already made an impression on them.

“You should see some of Kaja creations.” Tessa had walked over to where Kaja and Lindsey were standing.

“Do you have a website, Kaja?” Larry wanted to see what Kaja made.

“Yes, here’s one of my business cards.” Kaja pulls one of her business cards out and hands one to each person.

“I’ll check it out.” Larry slips the card into his pants pocket.

“Let’s go and get some lunch.”

“Sounds good to me. See you later Kaja, and Lindsey.” Kelly walks off with the others.

“Lunch does sound good.” Lindsey was feeling hungry.

“Let’s go.” Tessa was feeling hungry as well.

Lindsey walks with her friends out to her car. Tessa lets Lindsey take the passenger seat, while she sat in the back. Kaja puts the car in
reverse and heads towards the nearest fast food joint.

up
194 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Oooh. Thanks for another chapter.

WillowD's picture

Perhaps, once this series is finished, I will go re-read the entire story line. I vaguely remember some of the earlier stories.

Thanks.

Lindsay may have a new friend

Samantha Heart's picture

I feel for Lindsay she is a musical child prodigy & she has a lot of work to do in school & the gigs.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

On her way

Jamie Lee's picture

Lindsey's on her way towards her goal. Wonder, though, if her ability isn't going to rub some the wrong way and start causing Lindsey problems. So far everything has been good, but still...

Others have feelings too.

Lindsay's Accidents

If she doesn't lay off the fast food her next accident is going to be a coronary, and those have been known to have horrible side effects. Such as death.

Damaged people are dangerous
They know they can survive