Desert Rose Part 22

Printer-friendly version

Belka and Maria were sitting with their lawyer as the bail hearing took place. Belka looked at her father several times and wonder why he did what he did to her and her friends. She got word that her friends were slowly recovering from the coma they had been in.

Even with what happened to her, she still considers them to be her friends and hope they could patch things up between them. She listens as her father’s high price lawyer was trying to get a bail set low. She couldn’t believe how persuasive and convincing the man was.

Judge Lockhart looks at the lawyer for Belka’s father and lowers his glasses to look over the rim. He heard the agreement to set bail so that Belka’s father could be free while waiting for his trail “bail is denied. Mr. Axium has shown that he takes no responsibility for the pain and injuries he has inflicted on his ex-wife and daughter.”

Mr. Axium looks at his lawyer first, with a look that said for him to get him free. Then he looks over towards his ex-wife and daughter. He should have killed the two of them a long time ago.

Belka couldn’t resist and wave at him. There was a smirk on her face as she did it. She hopes someone makes her father their bitch.

Belka and Maria leave the courtroom and head out of the courthouse. Maria was happy that her husband is going to pay for what he did to the two of them. She looks at her daughter and could see that she was happy as well.

“I have missed so much time not being able to watch you grow up.” Maria couldn’t believe how beautiful her daughter was.

“I feel the same way, mom. I didn’t believe you would just abandon me like my foster parents said you did.” Belka had asked about her real parents.

“Sweetie, I would have never had abandoned you. You mean too much to me.”

Belka and Maria finally make it to the rental she had gotten when she found out where Belka was. She unlocks the doors and the two women get inside the car.

“Where would you like to go for lunch?”

“Can we do Mexican?” Belka looks at her mother.

“Mexican it is then.” Maria backs the car up and heads towards the nearest Mexican restaurant.

Detective Branston’s House:
Alejandra was sitting on the sofa in a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. She had the place to herself this morning. Detective Branston had a court appointment and had to go into the office and fill out all the paperwork from the case.

She had fun at Crystal Spring Resort and Isa said if she ever wants to come work there. She would be more than welcome too. Isa gave her a few passes for the Crystal place and the Desert Rose hotel.

Detective Branston had bought her a refurbished laptop from a guy he knew. She could play a few online games on it if she wanted to, but she was researching it to see what she needed to do to take part in Baja races. She so wanted to enter and try them out. As she kept reading what the requirements would be and what vehicles were permitted in the race.

She realizes that she’ll have to get a bigger dune buggy then what she currently had. Her dune buggy was too small for the race. There were obstacles that her little dune buggy wouldn’t be able to handle.

“Fubar!” She leans back against the sofa and tries to remember if there was another dune buggy in the junkyard she could grab.

She was lucky to have found the one she currently has. It was in a place her uncle never went to and she had managed to grab all the parts she needed from the other cars in the junkyard. She does a computer search for a frame or dune buggy for sale.

She finds a guy that has one he is selling. There were pictures of it in the ad. She looks through them and the things we're going to need a new engine, or she’ll have to rebuild the one it has. She was no expert, but after working in her uncle’s junkyard, she has gained enough talent to rebuild a vehicle.

Around noontime, Alejandra heads into the kitchen and make her some lunch. She had gone out shopping with Detective Branston and stocked on food and spices. She put a little flour down on the counter and take out the pizza dough they bought and go about making herself a nice pizza for lunch.

By the time she was done making the pizza, it looked like a masterpiece. She’s been watching some of the food shows that come on cable and been taking notes on how to cook. Once the oven was at the proper temperature, she slides the pizza into the oven.

Alejandra keeps an eye on the pizza while it cooks. While she is in the kitchen, she empties the dishwasher. Once all the clean dishes are put away and the dishwasher is reloaded, she runs it.

While she waits for the pizza to cook, she wonders how Belka and her mother did in court today.

She hopes Belka’s father gets the book thrown at him.

Crystal Palace:
Gale spots Isa sitting at the bar watching the crowd as it slowly came in. She knows the staff was going to miss Belka. She brought a breeze of fresh air into the place. She walks over to Isa “penny for your thoughts, boss.”

Isa turns and looks at Gale “I was just thinking how this place is going to be so different without Belka here.” Isa has grown fond of Belka.

“It does seem strange that people who are left in the desert or need a second chance. Always end up here.” Gale herself had found the place when she needed a second chance.

“True, and in some ways, we all need to be able to get our life back on track or find where we belong.” Isa knew that form her experience. She was lucky that a group of Native Americans found her and the others. Otherwise, they might have died, instead of getting a second lease on life.

The rest of the morning, Isa watches as the bar fills up. She finishes off her favorite drink and heads up to her bedroom. The woodworker that worked for her, designed a nice coffin for her to sleep in. That had brought a smile to her face.

She walks into her bedroom and changes out of her Gothic clothes and take a sponge bath, before putting on her silky black lace nightgown. She checks the shutters and shade to make sure no light was finding its way into her room. She climbs into her coffin bed and snuggles down to sleep.

up
161 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The judge did right

Samantha Heart's picture

In denying bail. As for Isa everyone thinks she was a vampire so why not play it up lol. As for the dune buggy I hope all works out for Alejandra. Next chapter seams like it will wrap most things up maybe 1 more after that.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Belka and her mom should be

Belka and her mom should be taking more precautions, he dad already tried to kill her once, he wouldn't be above trying again, especially if he thought it would stop the trial and get him off since there would be no one to testify.