The Hero, The Mouse & The Cheshire Pt. 22

Printer-friendly version

Outside gun range:
“Alright Catlin, let’s see what mom taught you.” Tizzy stands behind Catlin with Lien near her at the outside gun range her mom uses.

Catlin opens the gun cases Cheshire gave her. Inside were Springfield Armory XDM .45ACP with three spare magazines. Each gun was equipped with threaded barrels, so she could attach the silencers that were in the case with them.

Catlin picks one gun up and checks it. Cheshire taught her to always check the handguns, before using them. She picks up one of the loaded magazines and slides it into the handgun. The target she already sent downrange was at twenty yards.

She assumes her shooting stance and starts firing downrange. She empties the first magazine and drops it and puts the second one in and empties that one. She drops that one and puts the third one in.

Once she was done with the third magazine, she brings the target back to her. A smile forms on her face as she steps aside to let Tizzy examine the target. Cheshire taught her extremely well.

Lien looks at the target and was amazed by the hole in the middle of the target. She knew her mother was good, but Catlin looked to be as good as her mother.

“Nice grouping.” Tizzy looks at the target and was amazed at Catlin’s shooting.

“Let’s see how you do at a longer range.” Tizzy sends a new target downrange.

Lien pulls out a handful of bullets and starts reloading the magazines for Catlin. Her grandmother showed her how to reload the magazines one day while her mother was at work. She finishes the last magazine and looks at her mother with a smile on her face.

Tizzy noticed her daughter reloading the magazines. She watches as Lien finished reloading all three magazines.

“Who taught you to do that?” Tizzy was curious.

“Grandma did, mommy.” Lien had helped her grandmother reload several guns.

Tizzy couldn’t believe her mother would teach Lien how to use a gun. She was going to wait at least a year or two before she started showing Lien how to use a gun. She’ll have to talk to her mother about Lien learning to use any guns.

Catlin picks the other gun up and empties all three magazines at the target. She places the handgun down on the barrier and brings the target back to them. She knew what the target was going to look like. Because when Cheshire was training her. Cheshire made sure she could kill whatever she was shooting at.

Lien was watching Catlin shoot when she noticed her mother’s cellphone in her back-pocket flash. She reaches for her mother’s cellphone to see who it was and notices it was a text from her grandmother.

She types: Hi, Grandma!

Brooklyn, New York:
Cheshire had just sent a text to her daughter, after sending one to Liz.

A few seconds later, she receives a text from Tizzy’s cellphone “Hi Grandma.”

A smile appears on Cheshire’s face because she knew the message was from Lien. She starts typing another message Where are you and your mother?

“At the gun range with Catlin.”

Hand the cellphone to your mother, sweetie.

Outdoor gun range, Hawaii:
Lien tugs on Tizzy’s waistband “mom, grandma wants to talk with you.”

Tizzy turns around to face her daughter. She notices that Lien had her cellphone. She had felt it vibrate in her back pocket.

“Thanks, sweetie.” Tizzy looks at the text her mother sent and then her daughter’s reply.

Mom, how soon do you need me to leave?

Brooklyn, New York:
“Right away, sweetie. You’re going to be flying with Liz. Bring your sniping rifle and your guns with you. Liz will have hers.”

“Alright, mom.” If her mother wanted her to bring her toys, something big was going on.

“Give Lien a hug for me.” Cheshire loved being a grandmother.

“I will, mom.”

Tizzy looks at Catlin and the target she just shot. She couldn’t believe that the center was gone.

“Are you sure, you have never shot a gun before?” Tizzy knew no one could be as good as Catlin right now, even with her mother’s training.

“I’m sure. It feels so natural for me to be handling a gun.” Catlin couldn’t express how the gun felt like it has always been part of her.

“Well, let’s pack things up and head home.” Tizzy wonders what her mother has gotten herself into.

Once all the guns and ammo are secured and loaded into Tizzy police-issued car. She heads home to pack and get her gear. She’ll have to explain things to her husband and Lien.

up
154 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Ohhhhhhhh Tizzy is invited

Samantha Heart's picture

To Jack's party! The hunter ARE REALLY in for it if Cheshire has Tizzy bring her sniper rifle. I wonder what Jack & Cheshire are cooking up.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Someone didn't listen

Jamie Lee's picture

If Cheshire ask for the toys, then someone didn't get a message or is about to be reminded of a given message. Or Cheshire is going big game hunting.

Others have feelings too.