My Obsession, Part 18 of 29

Printer-friendly version
Obsession.jpg
 

Part 18 of 29

Wednesday, September 4, 2013 (continued)
All of my musing on the past is how I started my day. Because of my late enrollment, the only English Literature class with any openings occurred at eight o'clock on Monday and Wednesday mornings. Since Monday was Labor Day, school started on Wednesday. Thus I began my day wandering around campus lost and confused. Over the summer I had gotten used to the library's more civilized hours, opening at ten. I had to get up before the sun in order to shower, dress and ride the bus.

Being still asleep may have something to do with my poor choice of attire this morning. Mary Ann, having sensibly chosen her classes long ago, didn't have to be at her campus until after noon. She was still asleep when I got up and went into the spare room to get dressed. I have long since gotten used to putting on a bra and filling the cups with my forms, but this morning was a little bit different.

Since my being Angel the Girl had become more than a summer fling, we had decided to spend some of my college fund on a pair of glue-on breast forms to make it easier to keep up the illusion, if illusion it was. The instructions say that with the proper makeup and such I could even show some cleavage. I have my doubts, but we're going to try it sometime.

Soon.

Last night Mary Ann had helped me glue the forms on to my chest and I had slept with the next best thing to breasts a crossdresser can have.

Sure I had slept. I had to wonder how natural women managed to sleep with their breasts hanging off them. Maybe because they grow slowly they have time to get used to them while I had them blossom instantaneously. In any case, I really: appreciated my bra this morning!

Relief comes in many forms, including breast forms.

Ha. Ha.

I had cold cereal and coffee (lots of coffee!) in the kitchen by myself as Grandpa and Eve were also still sensibly in bed together.

Whine, whine whine.

At least English Lit turned out to be pretty interesting. I suppose any professor with an eight o'clock class had to be interesting or nobody would take it. I was tempted to run to the campus bookstore and get the book we were going to read, but I knew there were several copies in the library and I would rather spend the money on some more contemporary clothes than on a book I would read and put on the shelf.

Eve had promised to take us to the Goodwill and some other second hand stores this afternoon to help spice up our wardrobes on the cheap. With any luck I could get a couple of nice skirts for what the bookstore wanted for the professor's choice of literature.

Being a co-ed on campus was quite a bit different from working in the library. There I was part of the staff, someone with a bit of apparent authority. OK, I occasionally got hit on and once a patron grabbed my fake tit, (I gave him a slap) but mostly I was treated with respect. On campus I was just one of a gazillion other students with no social barriers to stand between me and anyone who didn't recognize social barriers.

In other words, I got hit on before nine that morning. At least by now I can recognize when I'm being hit on. Despite my confusion, I found the classroom and was there early so I took a desk right in front. A few minutes later a very tall guy sat next to me. Good looking, I suppose, but I'm not really well versed in what a woman would look for in a man. Go figure. He introduced himself as Nick and I told him I was Angel.

I really wish my father had chosen a different name for me. His runaway religiosity has given me a lifetime of grief. He insists that Angel is a man's name, Angela or Angelica is the feminine counterpart, a but try to tell that to another kid who has normal father. My father never had to stand around buck naked in a locker room with a bunch of macho guys who thought their comments were somehow original.

I had to live with the taunts over my name as a boy, (I think that that Boy Named Sue may have had it easier than I did) but a girl named Angel has to put up with entire boatloads of horse-pucky. Nick was no exception. Someday I'll run into an original line when a guy hears my name, but I sure didn't this morning.

Fortunately a girl sat directly behind Nick before he could get going and gave him a swat on the back of the head.

"Jeez, Nick! Give us a break. It's too freakin' early to be putting out that crap. Hi, I'm Maxine, and I apologize for this oversexed doofus trying to hit on you before any of us is awake. Actually, he's not bad when he isn't trying to impress a girl, so give him a chance to actually behave like a decent person."

"OK, for you I'll ignore the old lines. I'm Angel…"

"So I heard. You must be sick to death of jocks swooning at your feet and trying to make scintillating conversation."

"It won't do them any good." I waved my diamond around a bit. "I'm engaged and off the market."

"You go, girl. Even if some people can't read the signs before making a pass."

"Mary Ann is pretty good at intercepting passes."

See - my first class hadn't even started and I'm out as a lesbian on campus. Mary Ann and I had decided there was no sense hiding the fact we were an item.

"Damn! Nick, you really blew that one big time! I think I'm going to like you, Angel."

"Let's give the man a second chance. Hi, Nick - I'm Angel."

"Nice to meet you, Angel. I'll try to behave in the future."

"See - he can be civil if he puts his mind to it. You're a good boy, Nick."

"Awww."

So we talked a bit before class started and I made my first friends on campus. The day was suddenly brighter.
 

Thursday, September 5
Ten o'clock classes are much more to my liking. At least Mary Ann and I got to have breakfast together. I just wish we were going to the same school, but I'm not going to complain too hard, after all I'm living with her.

This morning I wore sneakers and socks, but I still wore a skirt. I can't help it, I love skirts and dresses and now that I can wear them I really don't want to go back to wearing pants. Maybe the weather in December might change my mind, but right now the weather is pleasant and I'm going to take advantage of it.

Thanks to Eve I now have several new items in my wardrobe, things a college girl would be more likely to wear. Don't get me wrong, I love the things I got from Sylvia, but she wasn't in college. Shopping in the secondhand stores takes time but can be very rewarding.

I think I'm starting to find my own look, but is it really my own? When I looked at the things I had picked out, I realized my taste was very influenced by my mother, which really means it was how my father thought a woman should be dressing. No matter how much I try to be myself, my father keeps popping up in my brain.

Mary Ann's taste in clothes is certainly having it's effect on me (and not just because it turns me on!) but she has a very different body, so what looks good on her isn't always flattering to my slim-hipped, boyish body. Now that's and understatement if I ever made one!

I picked far more colorful clothes than my mother would wear, but I think my father would approve as long as those clothes were not on his son's body.

Even though it makes me the odd girl out to be wearing skirts so often, I just don't like how I look in pants or slacks or trousers or whatever you want to call them. At least I have a choice these days.
 

Maxine was in my Psychology class, so she introduced me to several of her friends. I ended up spending a couple of hours eating lunch with them, waiting for my one o'clock class in Information Technology. I have a kind of crazy schedule due to applying so late, but all these classes should help me understand more about history (my chosen major) and the people who make it. I wonder if the psychology will get into why I feel so comfortable as Angel the Girl?

Riding the bus on the way home I had plenty of time to think. I reflected on just how much my life had changed. Last June I had a rather limited circle of friends. I wasn't allowed to go to most gatherings that weren't Christian oriented so I would not have my soul polluted by temptation. Oddly enough my father didn't object to visiting friends in ones or twos, only in groups. Maybe he thought that any large group of teens was just waiting to drag me into a Satanic game of Dungeons and Dragons.

Mary Ann was on the approved list and I can't quite figure out how I was allowed to go and visit her so much. Of course I didn't tell them that many of those visits were at her Aunt's house and we were only chaperoned by the baby. Then suddenly I was working as a girl with all kinds of new people.

I'm really glad I was able to find my footing as Angel the Girl at the library, because if I had found myself with this group of girls in the college before I had that experience I would have been completely lost. Sunday School just hadn't prepared me to participate in a bull session with half-a-dozen other girls.

It didn't take long for the conversation to turn to boys, and Maxine gleefully pointed out the diamond on my left hand. She even remembered I was engaged to Mary Ann and that brought a round of hoots and lewd exclamations. I soon found out that Erin was a out as a lesbian, whereupon she stuck her tongue out at Sally and was advised to put the tongue back in or use it.

Naturally this invited speculation as to where it could best be used and comparisons to various men of their acquaintance. I did my best to sit there with an enigmatic smile since I was completely out of my depth. We didn't talk about such things at home or at the library.

I did get quite an education, though, just not one that translates into college credits.

up
89 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

An oject lesson in why men can't understand women

BarbieLee's picture

Men and women are from different planets. Our minds are designed on a different set of engineering plans than men. The thought processes naturally run on different traffic lanes and patterns. And it's double funny, men believe nice, soft, caring, comforting women don't discuss bawdy sex with other women . Women are the natural receivers of the sex act even if they might be the instigators. With any reasonable intelligent thinking, one would understand women would naturally know and understand more about not just sex but the whole human body Because we are soft, caring, have empathy most men don't have, it's the reason we make better nurses, doctors, care givers, mothers. And no mothers wasn't a mistake in the sentence.
If Angel was wired with a female brain, she is on a very serious learning curve. And if she wasn't, she is still on a learning curve. Just not as steep.
Love your story Ricky, hugs.
Barb
When we finally know everything, we understand we know nothing.

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl

Further education

Podracer's picture

Quite the eye-opener then. These young ladies seem quite accepting; of Angel's underlying nature perhaps? Well, it could come out.
Haha, just though of the idea of dear ol' dad and Angel of the television series.

"Reach for the sun."

Other than almost everything.

crash's picture

Other than almost everything I suspect that girls in a group are more or less like boys in a group. In jokes, half a dozen safe topics. A bit of sarcasm, innuendo. the ever popular game of "I can tell a better one than that." Other than that i suspect they're pretty much the same.

Looking forward to your next chapter. Thanks.

Your friend
Crash

College credits

I sincerely believe a significant chunk of a college education comes from things where no credits are awarded. Makes me really feel for those who only have online teaching right now because of the Covid.
Great story Ricky.

>>> Kay