The Hunter, Becomes The Hunted Part 15

Printer-friendly version

Tammy is moved carefully since she had a huge block of stone fall on her. Her hard armor absorbed the impact, but some of it did pass through. Her rib cage and chest were hurting her.

“Easy guys.” Stanley was directing Dave and Greg as they moved Tammy to a stretcher and carried her to the Striker.

Paul was gritting his teeth from the pain in his back, as he stood next to Kat. They were looking at several of the men their team captured.

“I have a message for you to deliver to whoever you answer to. Tell them, that the next time they come after me or my family. I will come back and make it my life works to hunt and kill each and every one of you. And believe me, I am very good at hunting people down.” Kat extends her
claws and rakes them across the face of the person she was talking to.

The man screams in pain, as he feels the claws scrape his face. Blood forms in the welts she just gave him.

“That’s to remind you of my words.” Kat retracts her claws.

“Let them go.” Paul looks at the others, that were holding them.

Zak looks at the person he was watching “you’re lucky. I would have killed you.” He pushes the guy forward.

“What do you want to do about the other people in the village?” Marshal Running Bear looks at Paul and Kat.

“We’ll give whoever wants to head back to the states a ride. Those who don’t want to go, can stay here and rot.” Kat wanted to get back to her babies.

Marshal Running Bear could tell Kat was pissed and tired. He looks towards Jerry “go ahead and extend the offer to the villagers.”

“Okay.” Jerry and Sophia head towards the village.

Kat looks towards Becky “call Butch and tell him we're ready for pick-up.”

“Already on it, boss woman.” Becky has been in contact with Butch and was scheduling their pick-up with him.

“What do you want to do with the remains?” Dave and the others had gathered as much of the remains of Brittney’s parents.

“Seal them in a cooler and we’ll take them back to my daughter. I’ll let her decide what she wants to do with them.” Kat figures Brittney should
have the final say over her birth parents' remains.

The rest of the afternoon, Kat checks on the others to see how they were faring. When she comes to Jessica “you know, I could use someone with your talents working for me.”

Jessica looks into Kat’s kitty cat face and eyes “no thanks. You guys play too hard for me. I’m not the type that likes to get shot at.”

“Is there anywhere you want us to drop you, then?” Kat was kind of hoping to recruit Jessica for her company.

“I’ll fly back with you and have my jet meet me at the airfield.” All Jessica wanted to do, is get back home to Florida.

“I can respect that. Are you going to be okay, with those wounds?” Kat noticed that where the arrows had entered, had been cauterized.

“I’ll be fine. I think Marshal Bullock might need a hospital.” Jessica looks over towards the Marshal.

“I’ll be fine. The arrow missed my lungs. The one in my leg missed my artery as well.” Marshal Bullock couldn’t believe he had been hit by
arrows.

“How’s Dave doing?” Stanley was concerned about his teammate.

“He’ll be fine. He will just have a headache for a while.” Sophia had tended to all the injured and protected them as well.

“So, are you going to hang around or head back to England?” Stanley looks at Sophia.

“You’re stuck with me. I was assigned to your group by my cousin, Gina.” Sophia figures while she is in the states, she’ll visit her uncle and cousins.

“That’s new to me. Alright, let's get everything ready to fly back to Kansas.”

“Okay.” Zak and Greg along with everyone else in their group start packing up.

Kat looks over towards Becky “any word from Butch?”

“Yes ma’am. He said the earliest he can be here, is tomorrow afternoon.” Becky received word from Butch, after contacting him.

“Alright, one more day here, won’t kill us.” Kat looks over at Paul to see how he was doing.

Kat could see the pain he was hiding. She hopes the impact on his back, wasn’t too serious. She saw what damage his body armor took.

“Come on, let's see how bad your injuries are.” Kat takes Paul by the hand and heads towards the Striker.

Kat slowly removes Paul’s body armor. She notices, once his armor was off and the shirt underneath it was off. His whole back was one big bruised.

“How are you holding out, sweetie?”

“Like someone used me as a punching bag.” Paul was trying very hard not to let the pain bother him.

“Let me get you something for the pain.” Kat digs through the medical kit and finds some morphine.

She fills the needle with the proper dose “this is only going to hurt for a little bit.” As she sticks him with the needle.

Paul grits his teeth tighter, as Kat sticks him with the needle. It only lasted a few minutes, but he was glad it was quick.

“Feeling, better?” Kat watches her husband’s face.

“Yes.” As he leans forward and kisses Kat.

Sophia looks down at Tammy as she laid on the stretcher in the Striker. Her armor had been removed and she was one big bruised as well.
The stones that fell on her, were heavy and did put some micro cracks in her body armor.

“How are you feeling Tam?”

“Why does everyone keep asking me that question?” Tammy looks up into Sophia’s eyes.

“Because we’re worried about you.”

“Like I said before as a building fell on me. How bad does my body look?”

“Let’s just say, you wouldn’t want to put a bikini on and wear it outside.” Sophia couldn’t believe how abused Tammy’s body looked.

“Thanks. So, when are we out of here?”

“Tomorrow afternoon. Are you going to be okay, while I go and help Becky?”

“Yeah, I promise not to try and sit-up.” Tammy knew if she did, she would regret it.

“Alright, I’ll be back in a few minutes.” Sophia gets up and goes to see Becky.

up
151 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos