The Chalice and the Wand, Part 6

Printer-friendly version

Rhonda and Luna are busy looking for information on Helga Hufflepuff and growing closer. Hermione is beginning to realize what she had done and turns to Ginny for help. And what is up with her new assistant?

This is a work of fiction using the characters created by J.K. Rowling. They are not used with her permission. All actions follow the events of book six of the series. Any similarity between any person living or dead is purely coincidental and unintentional. If you happen to find your life reflected in this piece I’ll be impressed.

The Chalice and the Wand
poetheather
Story ideas by poetheather and Wintermoon3
Beta by Redpiratemel

Chapter Six

“My name’s Derek Rogers, ma’am. I have worded extensively in the fields you have been looking for. I applied because it sounded like an incredible opportunity to work under the best witch in the world.” The young man had a soft Texas drawl that went along with his cowboy good looks. At six foot two he also stood heads and shoulders above the other applicants she had seen so far. His rugged face was attractive, though Hermione struggled to keep from thinking about the kissability of those lips.

“I see. It says that you live in California right now?” Hermione was struggling to focus on business, rather on the paths her thoughts were taking her; of running her hands down Derek’s back.

“Yes ma’am. I moved there after I finished school. I’ve been taking some classes at Berkeley. But I was born and raised in Texas, in this little town called Dumont. That’s where I was before going to Salem.” He stood there casually, dressed nicely in black jeans that hugged his body and a white dress shirt. He looked quite fetching like that and it was making Hermione’s libido run overtime.

“What sort of classes were you looking into there?” Keeping things focused was difficult and thinking about Rhonda impossible.

“Well ma’am, I was working on various curses and counter curses, as well as spell construction. When I heard about this opportunity I rushed on over, as you have done more in this field than anyone else has in over fifty years, if you don’t mind my saying.” The flattery felt nice. Having a hot, muscled man compliment her was nice and somewhat new. Hermione knew that was what he was doing, but she didn’t shut him down for it. She just basked in it, glad to feel something other than sorrow.

“I’ve read your recommendations and they all speak highly of your work. Let me see a few more applicants and then I can make a decision.” The interview was certainly at an end and Hermione was sure she had just found her new assistant. He was smart and a good bit of eye candy.

“Well, thank you ma’am. I’ll be staying at the Leaky Cauldron. Hope to hear from you soon.”

He stood and walked out of her office. Hermione couldn’t help but stare right at the man’s ass, packed tightly in those jeans. Once the door was closed she sighed heavily. The view had been quite nice both ways.

As she sat there, daydreaming about some alone time with Derek, thoughts of Rhonda entered her head. Shame followed shortly by indignation ran through her. Was it bad of her to dream of such strong manly hands holding her, when her Ron was gone? Rhonda had disappeared, leaving no note, nothing to let her know where she had gone. What had she done with her life, her love?

* * *

The detector was not being overly helpful, with the needle spinning about to eventually point back at Rhonda. When Luna tried, it pointed at the transformed Weasley as well. Rhonda sighed and put the item back into her back.

The bag she was wearing held all of their camping gear, as well as all the tools needed to find Hufflepuff’s work area. It was obviously well hidden by spell and nature, especially after a thousand years. Luna was carrying their food and such in the rucksack she had on. The two of them were sharing the load.

Rhonda sat down on a fallen tree. The Black Forest in Germany was the best bet for the lair of Helga Hufflepuff. There were plenty of wooded valleys which could be the spot. So far, however, it was avoiding detection. She wished that Hermione were here, she would be able to help solve this issue.

That thought brought tears to her eyes. Rhonda’s heart ached with the fact that Hermione had left him all due to his transformation to a girl. That hurt more than anything else. She had left her all due to something actually beyond her control. She started to cry softly as she sat there.

Luna hated to see her friend in any pain. She cared for Rhonda, who was different that Ron Weasley had been. This might be a good opportunity to get her plan in motion. It was a long shot but the only thing she could think of that could work to fix things between Rhonda and Hermione. With that she hugged Rhonda and as she held the girl gently, kissed her on the forehead. “It’ll be alright.”

Rhonda started a little but then relaxed and hug back, grateful for the human contact that she had been missing. Rhonda felt safe and comforted there and life didn’t seem so bleak. She closed her eyes briefly and leaned against Luna, pretending that it was Hermione holding her.

As Rhonda sat back up, Luna asked, “Feel better?”

Rhonda smiled, realizing that she did feel better. “Yes. Thank you.”

“Any ideas for getting the detector to find something other than you?”

Rhonda thought for a moment. What if she tuned the item to search for anything of that nature from a space five meters from where they stood? That way it would make Rhonda and her charged energy field something invisible to the item. She smiled and nodded. “I think I got it.”

After the change in the detector they were able to get a signal that led them south, deeper into the Black Forest area. Rhonda whooped with joy at the fact that the detector worked right. Luna excitedly hugged Rhonda and slipped in a quick, chaste kiss. “You are amazing Rhonda.”

Rhonda, still excited by figuring out a way to make the detector work, was thinking to herself, Bloody Hell. She was having thoughts, naughty thoughts about someone other than Hermione. It was kind of mind boggling, but if Hermione didn’t want her it seemed clear someone else did.

Luna smiled, happy for Rhonda figuring out how to change the search parameters of the detector as well as excited about the kiss. The first kiss was always the hardest and this way that tension should be broken. Maybe Rhonda would be the one to make the next move. That would be ideal. Maybe things in the tent tonight would be interesting.

* * *

Hermione rubbed the back of her neck. She didn’t really want to hire Derek, as the American was for too much of a temptation to her, but out of all the applicants he was obviously the most qualified. Two days of interviews had only confirmed what she had already known. Derek was going to become a new assistant here.

She stared into the fire of the flat she had shared with Rhonda. It felt empty, too large and made her want to cry. She needed to find Rhonda and fix things, but how could she do that? Hermione was sure that she wouldn’t be able to deal with Rhonda physically but what choice did she have? Harry had been right; Rhonda was still Ron.

She had to do something. She had to talk to Rhonda. Shaking her mass of curls, she realized that she had been such an idiot. Ginny. Ginny would know. She grabbed some Floo powder and tossed it into the fire. She knelt and put her face into the green flames. “Ginny Weasley.”

Various places flickered past until it settled on a flat. It was Ginny and Tonk’s flat alright, but she didn’t see anyone. “Ginny?”

“Ginny?” Hermione was beginning to wonder if the girl was even there. She then heard a somewhat distant grumbling, “Coming.”

A few moments later a sweaty naked Ginny walked into view. Se didn’t even try to cover herself and Hermione got a clear view of the woman’s curly red triangle and somewhat puffy lips. She was flushed as well. Oh my God! What had she interrupted? “Uhm…Hi.”

“Yes?” The voice wasn’t as friendly as Hermione was used to. It was quite clear that Ginny was less than pleased with her.

“Ginny, do you know where Ron..da is? I need to speak with her.” Saying the girl’s name that had been given to Ron was tough but she managed to get it out.

“Yes I know where Rhonda is but I’m not telling you.” With her arms crossed under her breasts lifting them and her legs spread defiantly Hermione got to see more of Ginny than she had ever really wanted to. And what was worse is that Ginny looked very similar to Rhonda.

“Ginny, could you please put a robe on or something?” pleaded Hermione. “I just want to talk to him…uh…her. I want to tell her I’m sorry.”

Ginny stared at her and Hermione could see Tonks in the background, wearing a robe and holding one for Rhonda’s little sister. “How can I believe you? You really hurt her, you know that. You broke it off with her, so why should I care about what you have to say?”

“I…I don’t know Gin, I don’t know what to do. I can’t stand this whole thing and it is making me crazy. I know you and I had those few weeks together but I don’t really feel anything towards Rhonda. She doesn’t do it for me. Gods, Gin, I don’t want to loose Ron. I love him and always have.” Hermione started crying and covered her face with her hands, embarrassed to be crying in front of Ginny.

Tonks moved forward and handed Ginny the robe, whispering in her ear, “Love, we should probably talk to her. She is still our friend after all.”

Ginny nodded. As she was putting on her robe, her girlfriend asked Hermione to come on through. Hermione nodded her head and managed to work the Floo correctly, to appear in their flat. Tonks helped her to the sofa and Ginny set about making some tea. From the banging coming from the kitchen, she was working out some stress while she was there.

Tonks hugged Hermione across the shoulder. “It’ll be okay. Let’s just work this out. You and Ronda are a great couple, and you shouldn’t change that just because of this transformation.”

Hermione sniffled and she fought back the tears. It was a struggle for her to compose herself. Ginny was heading back with the tea by the time she managed it. Ginny plopped into a chair, pouring herself a cup of tea. “So, what did you have to say?”

“Ginny, I’m sorry I hurt Rhonda, I really am. I want to talk to… her and try to explain things. I just…I just have this problem. The idea of sleeping with Rhonda turns my stomach.”

“Gee, thanks.” grumped Ginny, upset over the implication it made towards her.

“Its not that Gin. I did enjoy our couple of weeks, I really did. I don’t know why this is different but it is. I can’t figure out what is wrong with me.” Hermione looked down at her cup of tea, gazing into the golden brown liquid. “Nothing makes sense anymore. All I do is struggle to come up with some way to return Rhonda to Ron. And just seeing her reminds me of my failure.”

Ginny looked at Hermione, obviously distraught, and her gaze softened. She felt bad for not realizing that while Ron had been coping with being turned into a girl, Hermione had to deal with her fiancé being transformed. While everyone had been there for Ron who had been there for Hermione? She hugged the curly headed woman. “I’m sorry for being such a prat. I wasn’t thinking about what you would be going through. Sorry.”

Hermione sniffed and smiled weakly at Ron’s sister. “Thank you.”

“So, what do we have to do to help you deal with all of this?” asked Tonks, glad that she didn’t have to be mad at one of the Heroes of the Wizarding World.

* * *

Luna’s plan had been working so far. She and Rhonda had been growing more intimate as the days went along. It had been tough to follow the trail on broom without getting spotted by muggles. She was better on a broom than Rhonda was but it still wasn’t much easier. Her muscles ached from having to shift position, hide, hike and generally dodge various people. Her offer the first day of a massage had been accepted by Rhonda and as Luna had run her oily hand down Rhonda’s shapely leg she whispered prayers of thanks to Mel’s insistence on massage lessons.

The first night she had just worked on the girl’s legs and feet, eliciting happy moans which went right to Luna’s crotch. As things went on, she went from just legs, to legs and back and now, after three days of traveling, Rhonda had happily agreed to a full body massage. This was her chance to turn things up and really get things in motion.

Luna was using a warming oil she had learned to make back in Potions. Snape had insisted that they learn some of the more medicinal uses of magically infused oil and ever since then she had been using them. Rhonda was lying face down on the massage table that Luna had conjured, naked under the sheet. Luna was ready to get things to take a different turn, as Rhonda had reacted well to the growing intimacy.

She paused for a moment, wondering if what she was doing was wrong, if she was doing something reprehensible. After running through things again, it was the only thing she could think of to bring the two back together happily. Besides, if she returned to the United States, she was sure the Mel would be able to help her get settled. And if this really went awry, she could head to Australia and work as a foreign correspondent for her father.

The oil warmed in her hands as she rubbed them together in preparation. She worked on first one foot and then another, with Rhonda moaning happily as the tension left them. She worked up each leg, taking her time, letting her hands drift closer and closer on the inside of the legs. Rhonda moaned and let her legs drift open. Luna smiled. It was working. She drifted her fingers in closer, until her hands were just brushing against the lips of the girl’s vagina. Luna then moved to massaging Rhonda’s ass.

After working out the few tensions there, she shifted up to the back, using more oil. She could smell that Rhonda was getting aroused and this increased her own arousal. After some work on the back, especially on the tensions under the shoulder blades and through the neck, she finished with the girl’s arms and hands. “Rhonda, flip over.”

Rhonda complied, moving rather sleepily. Luna again started on the legs, working the feet and on up. She again drifted close to the girl’s vagina, letting her hands brush the wispy red hairs of the bush. More moans and the smell increased. Luna moved on, to finish with the face and head.

Once she had finished she stepped back from the table. Rhonda opened her eyes slightly, the desire clear on her face. Luna said softly, “All done.”

“Hunh?” was the clever response.

Luna helped her to her feet, trying to keep the sheet wrapped around her. Rhonda stumbled towards the sleeping area. When Luna helped the Weasley girl sit onto the edge on the bed and turned to go, a freckled hand stretched out and stopped her. “Don’t go.”

“Are you sure? I mean, there could be Garflats about.”

“I’m sure. Please, stay.” The need was raw on Rhonda’s face.

Luna smiled and cupped Rhonda’s face gently. She leaned down and kissed her companion gently, a slight bit of tongue running between the others lips.

Things turned more passionate and soon the pale skinned Luna was lying next to the freckled Rhonda. Rhonda was a bit tentative in her caresses, but Luna let her explore. When things shifted back to her she let her kisses drift down the neck to swirl around a breast. The change in breathing showed just how much Rhonda was enjoying that. She flicked the darker nipple with her tongue and began to suck. The arched back kept showing how well Luna was doing.

The pale haired girl’s hands drifted lower, to tease the redhead’s pubic hair, brushing it lightly and occasionally tugging at it. As the hips began to thrust themselves upward, Luna let a finger slide between the already swollen and slick lips and dance over the clitoris. The effect was instantaneous. Rhonda moaned deeply, the sound trembling her chest and the sensation rolled up her body.

Between Luna’s sucking of her nipples and the way the girl’s finger’s played with her, Rhonda felt herself explode into a feeling she had never experienced before. She almost screamed, and Luna never stopped until she kissed her way down to her vagina and tongue flicked her clitoris. Rhonda drowned in the sensations that ran through her body, eventually reaching a screaming, shuddering crescendo. She collapsed in a sweaty heap, her limbs like pudding.

Her voice reverently whispered, “Bloody Hell.”

* * *

Hermione shook her head as she worked her way through the passage again. Her Latin was good, but the mix of Latin, Greek and Old English was almost too much for her. It was slow, painful going but seemed to have some useful information. This text was talking not about sex change but rather how items of power changed spells and potions. The amplification effect was incredible and the more powerful the object the greater the amplification. This would explain Voldemort’s fascination with using such items for his Horcruxes. The power that filled those items might just transfer over into him. That bit of information helped to explain just how powerful the Dark Lord had gotten. It also explained why a minor little spell like the one on the fortune cookie had so majorly affected Ron.

The energy from the artifacts that he had been working with had filled Ron so when the fortune cookie spell reached out, it had many, many times more power than it needed. That would also explain the reason why the counter spells hadn’t worked, they simply hadn’t had the power needed to break through the spell. This passage should be able to help her figure out what she had to do in order to bring back her fiancé.

“Miss Granger?” Derek’s voice broke her concentration.

She looked up, a touch annoyed and said briskly. “Yes?”

“I was wondering if you wanted a bite to eat, seeing how you’ve been working for about eight hours non-stop on that.” The concern was clear and Hermione both craved and was frightened by it.

She looked up at her clock. Derek was obviously correct. She stood and stretched, reaching for the ceiling. The move felt good. “I could do with some supper. I can always take another crack at it tomorrow.”

“Would it be alright if I joined you ma’am?”

“That would be fine. Any idea where you would like to go?”

“’fraid not ma’am. I’ve hardly been outside of the Leaky Cauldron or Diagon Alley since I’ve been here. I don’t really know what’s good here to eat.” Derek shrugged and Hermione enjoyed the way his well defined muscles moved under his shirt. It was a lovely sight, much more so than when Ron had done anything like that.

“Well, Derek, you’re in luck as London has the widest array of food available in the world. What type of food are you interested in right now?” Hermione had been impressed with her new assistant and was quite impressed with how smart he was. The drawl certainly made you think he was less intelligent than he really was. It was a surprising thing.

“Well now. How about something new for me, Indian.”

“You’ve really never had Indian?” said Hermione, honestly surprised.

“Not too many Indian restaurants in my town. Actually only two restaurants in my town and one was a Mickey D’s.” remarked Derek, so I would be fine trying something different.”

They left the office and headed towards a restaurant that Parvati Patil had told her about. It was affiliated with the magical community but also did business with the local Indian community. Hermione had gone there several times with Parvati and had been deeply impressed. Ron had said he wasn’t a fan of curry, as if that were the only thing served there. Sometimes he was so narrow minded. At least Derek was willing to try it.

They had apparated to a small area that the restaurant kept clear for the purpose and headed around to the entrance. The food was enjoyable and Derek seemed to actually enjoy it, making comments about the chapatti, curry and the chicken tikka masala. Hermione smiled, happy for a light moment in her life.

Derek and she walked the streets after dinner, chatting about various books they had read and ideas they had about various other spell creators. They shared a lot of opinions, with only minor differences. Hermione walked close to him, enjoying the male smell of him. She had missed that since this whole issue with Ron/ Rhonda started. After a while, Hermione said her good nights and headed home, appearing in the doorway of the flat. The lights were off, just like she had left them.

She looked around the darkness, using the faint light to see the furniture. Things were much lonelier than she had expected but then again she had never lived alone in her life ever. She had gone from living with her parents, to the dormitory at Hogwarts to this Flat with Ron. She had never really had to spend time alone, except maybe for the months before the toilet rescue by Harry and Ron in her first year. It had been heroic and stupid and all Ron’s fault, but that was where her attraction towards Ron had really blossomed.

“Lux.” Some of the candles lit, casting a glow about the room, making some of the shadows dance. It didn’t bother her and hadn’t since having lived in the castle, with all of its torch light. Hogwarts had changed her in many ways. Living with Ron had changed her more.

She went over to her desk and pulled out the scrapbook she had made, with a number of pictures in it of her and Ron and her, Ron and Harry. She started to tear up as she looked at the picture of the two of them at their engagement party at the Burrow. Ron had looked so handsome.

Hermione clutched the album to her chest, curled up on the couch and cried herself to sleep.

* * *

Rhonda lay on the bed, staring at the ceiling, listening to Luna snore softly next to her. The pale headed girl lay curled gently against her, warm and soft. The ceiling of the tent was a good bit above the bed and she watched the pattern move softly in the breeze outside. Her thoughts ran over the night of sex she had just had. Luna had brought her to more orgasms than she knew was possible to have and she had reciprocated.

Guilt was not something she was really feeling at the moment. Contentment, bliss and wonder were much higher than guilt and she was glad for that. Almost since her transformation she had felt cut off from Hermione, ignored and untouched. Wanting nothing more than her fiancés love, Rhonda had tried to be there for her, but Hermione had not been there for her. Sure she had tried to fix the problem, but through the whole time she had not really dealt with Rhonda but had stayed focused inside.

And then there had been that letter. It had hurt, more than she would have thought. And to have found it in an empty Flat was more than she could stand. Hermione had made her decision and it was clearly not Rhonda. Since that was the case, it made sense to go out on this trip, away from her family and friends and especially away from Hermione.

Looking over at the more petite Luna, Rhonda missed the curly mass of her fiancé’s hair. That she was going to miss Hermione was not in question, but rather if this more were in her own favor. Luna had been there for Rhonda and that made her feel wanted. She hadn’t felt that way since this whole issue began. The feeling of touch, which made her skin feel so alive, had been something she hadn’t been aware of missing until Luna had touched her.

She teared up some and wondered when she would be able to get past Hermione. The sooner the better, as far as Rhonda was concerned. With a final glance at the ceiling, she closed her eyes and cuddled up with Luna. Soon her breathing slowed and she went to sleep, dreaming of Luna.

up
72 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Welcome Sight

terrynaut's picture

Hey. I hadn't given up on seeing more of this story and here it is. Thanks! :)

I don't like how Rhonda and Hermione are drifting apart but I liked the chapter nonetheless. I still have hope the two of them will get back together. *sigh*

Please continue this cute little tale. Okay?

- Terry

I feel bad for them :(

I don't like how this developes either. Either they totally hurt themselves with cheating on each other, or they hurt both Luna and that assistant dude of Hermione.

Can't Hermione brew herself somekind of gay-potion? If they can change the gender of a person they ought to be able to change the sexuality too. I'm not too fond of Luna's behavior. She actually worsens the rift beteen Rhonda and Hermione.
I can understand that Rhonda is hurt, but it's sad that she seems to just give up. I hope they'll be able to rescue their relationship somehow. Even if Hermione has to end up as a guy.

Thank you for writing this great story Heather. I can't wait to read the next chapter.

Beyogi

Thanks. Yeah, part of the

Thanks.

Yeah, part of the fun for this story is about how screwed up it all is. It is a complete clusterfrack on purpose.

And oddly enough I have actually thought about doing more of this.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

Heather

We are the change that will save the world.

I liked...

The Lesbian lovemaking and how Rhonda was surprised by the intensity and frequency of the orgasms. Thanks from an old dyke suffering though "lesbian bed death".

Big Hugs and anything else you want,
Renee

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

I am very glad to see that

I am very glad to see that this story continues. It has been quite enjoyable to date and getting better all the time.

Chalice And Wand

Heather, you have taken this story into a totally new area. I wonder what you have in store for everybody. I lok forward to seeing what happens next.
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine