No Child Should Be Mistreated Chp. 10

Printer-friendly version

Nika looks at the pictures of the cars she had been hired to steal. The two muscle cars were parked inside a garage that belonged to the Ionita brothers. They should have paid what they owed to Big Al. She checks to make sure there weren’t any alarms on the garage side door as she picks the locks. She brushes aside a lock of her rusty red hair out of her eyes as she works on the lock.

After a few seconds of working on the lock, she manages to unlock the door and sneak inside. She looks towards the house to make sure the brothers were still asleep. She had watched them drink themselves to unconsciousness. She closes the door behind her and walks over to the two muscle cars she had been sent to retrieve tonight.

Nika checks them for kill switches. If she had two beautiful muscle cars like these, she would have a kill switch. She doesn’t find any kill switches or trackers either. The Ionita brothers were stupid to leave these cars unprotected. She walks over to the garage door and quietly opens it.

She pulls her lock picks out and unlocks the steering. She didn’t like destroying the locking mechanism on any car she steals. She pushes the first car out of the garage and down the street. She walks back towards the Ionita brother's house and pushes the second car down the street, after locking their garage.

Nika pulls her cellphone out and dials her friend Freddy’s number.

Freddy’s Apartment:
“Take that, sucker.” Freddy snipes the enemy in the game he was playing.

He shoots another player in the game that has been giving him a hard time, during the game. He rushes forward in the game and kills a few more people. Just as he was about to kill another player, his cellphone starts ringing. He picks his cellphone up and takes a look at it and notices it was Nika. He presses accept “Nika, what can I do for you tonight?”

“How would you like to make a quick hundred dollars?” Nika was keeping an eye out for the brothers.

“What do I have to do?” Freddy didn’t mind making a quick hundred dollars.

“Drive a car for me. Think you can do that, without drawing attention to yourself?” Nika knew how much of a showoff Freddy can be.

“Where are we taking the car?” Freddy logs off from his game.

“Big Al’s chop shop.” Nika knew Al wasn’t going to chop them, but he was going to store them there until the brothers pay what they owed.

“Alright, give me fifteen minutes.” Freddy heads towards his bedroom to change.

“Okay, hurry up. I’ll text you the address.” Nika text the address she was at.

Twenty minutes later, Freddy comes walking up to Nika. She was easy to spot with her rusty color-looking hair and her teenage looks.

“Took you long enough.” Nika looks at Freddy.

If anyone fit the type description of a geeky white boy, it was Freddy. He had wide brim glasses, short messy black hair, youthful looks, and a little overweight. The reason he was overweight, was because he managed to convince the government, that he had a disability. Which he didn’t, but he was good at lying and conning people.

“I had to finish my game.” Freddy looks at the cars she was standing near.

“Do these cars belong to who I think they do?” Freddy looks at the two identical cars.

“If you mean the Ionita brothers, yes. They owe Big Al and you know what happens if you don’t pay him.” Nika never wants to get on Big Al’s bad side.

“Yeah, he either sends Jake or Clint after you to remind you or he takes something of value until you pay him.” Freddy knew Big Al’s reputation.

“Well, let’s get these cars to him before he wonders what I am doing with them.” Nika starts one for Freddy to drive and she takes the other one.

Nika drives towards the warehouse district. The old warehouse that Big Al used for his chop shop uses to be used for used tires. Nika pulls up to the warehouse door and honks the horn.

The warehouse door opens wide enough for Nika and Freddy to enter. Once they are inside, the door closes behind them. Nika exists from the car and looks around for Big Al. When she spots him “here you go, Al. The brothers didn’t even know I was there.”

“Good! I’ll put this job towards your father’s debt. That means you’ll owe me one more job after this.” Al spots Freddy by the second car.

“Then we are even, and I don’t owe you anything else.” Nika didn’t mind pulling jobs for Al, but it meant she didn’t get paid for doing it.

“That was the deal unless you want to renegotiate the deal.” Big Al looks at Nika and wouldn’t mind having sex with her. She had a nice body and a beautiful face.

“No thanks. I’m happy with the current deal.” Nika knew what Big Al thought about her.

“Well, keep your cellphone nearby. I might have another job for you in a few days.” Big Al figures Nika would be perfect for the job.

“Okay, well see you later.” Nika walks over to her motorcycle and grabs a spare helmet for Freddy.

Nika hands the helmet to Freddy along with a hundred-dollar bill. She pushes her motorcycle out of the warehouse and once she is outside “thanks for helping.”

“Hey, I just made hundred dollars for twenty minutes of work. Where else can you do that?” Freddy mounts the motorcycle behind Nika.

He holds onto her small waist as he feels the motorcycle startup. Once they start moving, Freddy tightens his grip on Nika’s waist.

“Hey, easy on the waist.” Nika felt Freddy tighten his grip on her.

Nika will be glad when she finishes settling her father’s debt to Big Al. The only reason she was doing it, was because he was in jail. He got caught on the last job he did for Big Al and he still owed Big Al the money he borrowed. Since her father trained her, she was willing to settle his debt by doing jobs for Big Al.

After twenty-five minutes Nika pulls up in front of Freddy’s apartment complex. She turns to look behind her “here’s your stop.”

“Thanks, Nika.” Freddy dismounts and takes his helmet off.

“You’re welcome. Don’t spend the money all in one place.” A mischievous smile appears on Nika’s face, behind her helmet.

“I won’t.” Freddy turns and starts heading towards his apartment, after securing Nika’s spare helmet to her motorcycle.

Nika heads towards her place. It was an old gas station that has been in her family for generations. The front was still used as a repair garage, but one of the huge bays was converted into a small apartment. She pulls her motorcycle into the second bay, after opening the old fashion garage door.

Nika takes her helmet off and leaves it on her motorcycle. She unlocks a side door and walks into the small apartment in the next bay. She hangs her keys on the Harley Davidson key badge mounted next to the door. She covers up a yawn, as she strips out of her clothes and slip-on her favorite nightshirt. She still had a few cars that she needed to get done tomorrow.

She lays down on the sofa and slowly falls asleep.

up
151 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Ohhhhhhkayyyyyy

Samantha Heart's picture

I'm guessing Nika will tie into Nora somehow, ok yes she took the brothers cars, but what ELSE is going on here?

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Cool. Two new to me characters.

WillowD's picture

At least I think Nika and Freddy are new to us. (My memory sucks.)

I suspect they will be meeting up with Nora soon, given that they just stole the Ionita brothers cars that I think Nora was looking for.

Lady Dragon's stories are so intertwined and a fun read.