CERFs

Printer-friendly version

“Hello, Helen, come in. I take it you’ve heard the news and have come to congratulate us?”

“No. I came to ask if you could babysit for us on Thursday. Alex has a works dinner dance and we shall both be expected to be there. It’s the annual LGBT+ party. To be honest I’m looking forward to it because it's my first major social event since my GRS. So tell me what's the news?”

“Well first of all of course I’ll baby sit. Better still bring them round here and they can have a sleep over with ours which will enable you and Alex to spend the evening and night too if you want without any worries about them. Mine will love it, I’ll get some party food and drinks in for them. They’ll probably play dress up in girls’ and boys’ clothes and have a whale of a time. As to the news we’ve finally cracked the entire DNA manipulation issue. We can now modify DNA such that we can become anything we like. You can pick how you wish to appear, eyes, body type, figure, hair, everything. The process will mean the end of trans folk if they so choose because it will give them the skeleton of their chosen gender. In fact it will give them everything of their chosen gender including a fully operational reproductive system. Trans folk will become cis folk, but the option is only going to be offered to those originally trans. The cis can look after their own problems.”

“Why?”

"Every cent of the money that funded our research was put up by trans folk because we couldn't get a research grant from anywhere. We’re sick of being treated the way we are. The discrimination, the violence, all of it. Now it's payback time, and we’ve gone political. In fact we’ve gone all the way political and the girls in the lab have created our own political agenda. We’re CERFs.

“What on Earth has manipulating DNA got to do with being a peasant?”

“Not serf with an ess. CERF with a see. It stands for Cis Exclusionary Radical Feminists.”

up
130 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

snerks

good one

DogSig.png

An extra twist if you know French

Cerf = deer, often more specifically stag

Note that the story is written by Emmie Dee (r)

Nice story

Not Emmie...

I was hoping she was back -- haven't seen anything from her since StorySite stopped taking stories -- but this one seems to have been corrected to Eolwaen now.

Eric

Two Wrongs

Don't make a right, as they say. Paybacks can be a mother, but you can just as easily bite yourself in the ass.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Acronym

I guessed it from the title alone, and read, interested to see how the anti-cis discrimination would manifest.

An interesting scenario, especially given in this universe there are sufficient numbers of extremely wealthy trans people to fund groundbreaking medical research - if only there were more in this universe!


As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

DNA Editing - what can go wrong here.

This is going to play hell with law enforcement databases. And what about valid IDs?

Me? I just want a full head of hair!


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin