Apocalypse Dawn: The New World - Chapter 17

Printer-friendly version

Author: 

Caution: 

Audience Rating: 

Publication: 

Genre: 

Character Age: 

TG Elements: 

TG Themes: 

Other Keywords: 

Permission: 

AD2.png

 

Chapter 17: Back to School

The game is over, and reality will never be the same again.

 

My sister wasn’t about to be distracted. “You’ve been watching us again,” she accused the Trickster.

 


 
Author's Note: Here's chapter 17 of book two of Apocalypse Dawn. I was hoping to have it posted last night but between finding an starting work, sore ribs, and catching the cold from hell from my housemates things have been slow going since I got settled in Ontario, especially the last week. Hoping I'll be able to pull off bi-weekly postings if I can at least shake this cold. ~Amethyst.
 


 
Chapter 17: Back to School

As soon as we were back at the safe house everyone was ready to call it a night, though I had to cast another portal for Grell and Whisper. Since we were expecting deliveries early in the morning to the warehouse that I had leased, and more deliveries over the next few days, the pair would be staying there so that someone was on hand to receive the deliveries and contact me to portal them to Varüus’kiel. While there, the pair would also be working on the other tasks that they were working on for me.

We had set up a small space for them to sleep and work inside the warehouse’s office and made it as comfortable as we could with some cots and anything that they might need while there. It wasn’t going to be as comfortable as the safe house but it would be better than roughing it. So, as soon as the pair had gathered their gear, supplies, Whisper’s familiar, and the laptop that the Witch had been using, we said our good nights and I cast the portal to send them to the warehouse.

By the time I was done with that, most of the others had already made their way to their sleeping spots while Lilith was offered Whisper’s usual place on the couch for the night. With everyone settling in, I made my way to the master bedroom with Rei and Daenyss and was finally able to get out of my clothes. Daenyss had removed all of my special jewelry for our night out and was clearly about to excuse herself for the night when I put a hand gently on her shoulder.

As soon as she turned around I kissed her. It was gentle yet insistent and I hoped that it conveyed just how much I cared about the Nymph. As soon as our lips parted, I caressed her cheek. She wanted this too, she had been reluctant to break off the kiss and her body was reacting, not that it takes much to get a Nymph to react.

“Daenyss, we had plans tonight and the only way that you’re getting out of them is if you can honestly tell me that you don’t want to do this,” I told her while looking her straight in the eyes.

“I… Mistress… I can’t…” my Attendant stammered uncertainly. She couldn’t say it. She was incapable of lying to me but we both knew why she was holding back.

I pulled her into my arms and kissed her once again. “You need to stop worrying about hurting me. Your oath won’t allow it and more importantly, you would never let it happen. You care about me too much for that. I trust you, we all trust you, and you need to start trusting yourself too. You are a beautiful person, inside and out, a friend, and more than a friend who I want to know better. I won’t force this or order you, and you’re free to leave if you really don’t want this. All I ask is that you be honest with me, and yourself.”

“She’s right, Daenyss, and you know it,” Rei added as he finished undressing and climbed into bed. “Don’t worry about hurting me either. You’re not trying to steal Taelya from me, we’d be sharing her and each other, and we both know that Tae isn’t fickle. I will always wear her sahir kien. I’m one hundred percent on board with this, if I wasn’t then I would have said so when the topic was first brought up. We’re all close already; this is just seeing if we’re compatible as lovers as well as friends.”

Daenyss’s defenses seemed to crumble a little more with each word that we said until finally, she relented. “I… this would make you happy, Mistress? I will gladly serve you in any way that you desire.”

Shit, this was a trap that I didn’t want to fall into. I knew full well that Daenyss would come to bed with me, whether she wished to or not if she thought that it would make me happy. She’d do anything for me. “Daenyss, stop. This isn’t about you serving my needs and desires, it’s about sharing something special and becoming closer. I am happy just having you in my life, in any capacity. I am happy with the closeness that we share. But I would be happier if I knew that you were happy with things between us too.”

“Of course, I am happy serving you and spending time with you,” she insisted. “You are the most important person in the world to me, Mistress.”

I gently reached out to cup her face in my hands and kissed her again. “I know you are, but I also know that you’ll put your own happiness aside if you think that it is what’s best for me and right now I don’t want you to do that. So, I’m asking you for just this one moment, please put aside thoughts of what would make me happier and think about what would make you happier. You would never ask me for anything, you’re just not like that, but I want you to tell me honestly whether you want to explore a more intimate relationship with me and Rei.”

My attendant’s cheeks flushed and for a moment all that she seemed capable of was nodding her head. “Yes, Mistress. You are more than my Mistress or my best friend. I… love you more than I have any right to. Rei has become more than a friend as well. I want this but I do not want to hurt you, Rei, or Salem.”

“Daenyss, you’re not going to hurt any of us, you care too much to let yourself do that,” Rei chided as I took the Nymph’s hand and pulled her toward the bed. “Salem is Fae too, she understands how Fae relationships work so I doubt that she would object. I’m the only one of us who isn’t Fae but I still know how you all are with relationships and I’m willing to embrace you both within ours if it can make us all happy. Like I said earlier, I know that neither of you is trying to take my place, this is about finding your place with us.”

I laid down on the bed, pulling Daenyss down with me, and then the conversation ended as Rei and I used other means to show Daenyss just how much she meant to us. Kisses, caresses, and more were exchanged between the three of us as we each used every bit of our Faerie Dance knowledge to bring one another to the greatest heights of pleasure and make it a night to remember. It was quite a while before any of us went to sleep.

~o~O~o~

I awoke to Daenyss’s voice in my ear and her warm breath against it. “Mistress? It’s seven o’clock and we should start getting you ready for the day. Remember that Loki is supposed to be coming sometime this morning to train you and your sister.”

I opened my eyes, propped myself up on my elbow, and leaned in to kiss the Nymph as she attempted to slip quietly out of the bed. “Okay, Daenyss, let’s go let you do your job. We’ll let Rei sleep in though, she doesn’t have anything pressing to do today and she probably needs her rest after last night.” A look toward my consort showed that Rei was indeed female again this morning and I leaned over to place a quick kiss on her forehead before slipping out of the bed and following Daenyss out to the bathroom for my morning pampering.

For the most part, Daenyss remained as professional as possible as she went through our morning routine since she didn’t want to delay things too much. Still, she would occasionally sneak in a kiss or caress as we chatted and she worked. I wasn’t going to complain since I was enjoying it, and because it was nice to see her not holding back her feelings.

We didn’t take too long though and just before eight o’clock we left the bathroom so that anyone else who was awake would be able to use it while Daenyss worked on my hair and makeup for the day. I didn’t need much makeup and, since neither Daenyss nor I were certain of what Loki had planned, we decided on something fairly casual for my clothes. I wore an amethyst-hued satin skater dress with a hem just above the knees that we paired with black cotton leggings, a leather jacket, and a pair of practical combat boots.

Once we were done getting me ready we made our way to the kitchen where Daenyss started making a nice breakfast for everyone. The only ones awake beside the pair of us were Nishalle, Venika, and Kinara. All of the non-Fae, including Lilith, were still sleeping and I didn’t want to wake them until it was necessary. They needed at least twice as much sleep as us and I wasn’t really sure how much rest was normal for Lilith and her children.

Lilith awoke as Daenyss was putting breakfast on the counter in a way that everyone could help themselves as they got up. Nishalle, Venika, and I were discussing what sort of training Loki might have in mind for us when the Succubus yawned, stretched, and then sauntered into the kitchen to join us. She gave us all a quick once over with her eyes before looking at me and grinning. “Good morning, my Goddess, You look good enough to eat this morning.”

The playful flick of her tongue that had followed the Succubus’s comment had me blushing bright red as she said her good mornings to the others as well. “Do you have to call me that? I mean, I’m only really a Demigoddess and you were calling me ‘Your Majesty’ last night. You could always just use my name.”

Lilith shook her head as Daenyss set a plate in front of her. “Last night I assumed that You would prefer me to address You by title since mortals were watching, and addressing You as our Goddess could bring unwelcome attention while You were trying to maintain a low profile. It would be improper for me to address You with such familiarity where others could see, my Goddess.”

“How is addressing her as ‘Your Majesty’ low profile?” Venika muttered as she sat on the table and shared a small portion of breakfast with the Wisps.

“Well, to be fair, I wasn’t wearing a glamour to disguise myself so you were all addressing me formally too,” I pointed out.

“And, to be honest, low profile kind of went out the window the moment that we teleported in and started using magic and fighting Harpies,” Kinara added. “It was long gone when thousands of Succubae showed up.”

“We detected the auras of Gods nearby when we found You in battle. After the murder of our Goddess, we were not willing to allow Her chosen successor to meet a similar fate. A show of force was required; as even Gods would be wary of taking on so many of my kind at once. Most have seen a vast decrease in their power without worshippers, a pity that the same cannot be said for their egos,” the Succubus matriarch said bitterly. Then she reluctantly added, “Not all of them are bad, of course. Inanna and her siblings, and a few others that I have met were good people at their cores. I have not met Your mother, my Goddess, but I have heard only good things about Her.”

I finished a sip of my orange juice and decided to test the waters. “What about Loki?” What have you heard about them?”

To my surprise, she smiled. “Many of the Gods that I have spoken with have had nothing good to say about Loki: He’s dangerous, selfish, manipulative, and so forth. It is a good thing that I know better than that. Loki is a kindred spirit, and one of the few Gods that I consider a friend, we have both been demonized by those in power who would prefer to have us out of the way or who needed a ‘villain’ to make themselves look better.”

“Oh, so you know him… err her then?” I asked. Well, that would make things easier. At least it didn’t sound like they were hostile to one another.

“Yes, we go way back, Lilith and I,” Loki casually commented from where she was suddenly sitting on the kitchen counter. She snatched up a sausage and placed it suggestively to her lips with a smile. “We know each other very well. Biblically, you might say.”

Lilith made a show of tolling her eyes, though I thought that she might be trying to cover up a smirk as well. Almost everyone else was staring at her sudden appearance except for me and Nishalle. I was trying not to give her an exasperated look while Nishalle grumbled, “We do have a door, you know.”

Loki looked aghast at my sister. “But that wouldn’t have been as fun, and it would have taken forever to work that joke into a casual conversation. Strike while the iron is hot, as Thor is fond of saying. Lovely to see you all again. Taelya, Lilith, you both look ravishing this morning. Nishalle, I see that you are as serious as always. Worry not though, I will teach you to have some fun today.”

My sister wasn’t about to be distracted. “You’ve been watching us again,” she accused the Trickster.

“Of course, I’ve been watching you. We can’t have you dying on us, all of our plans would go tits up then. It’s more precise to say that I’ve been peeking in on you though, I can’t have my eyes on you all of the time. I almost showed myself last night but you both seemed to have your opponents well in hand and then lovely Lilith showed up with enough of her children to keep any other Gods from making a move against Taelya. To be honest, I was just looking in on you to make sure that you were awake before coming over and I simply couldn’t resist that opening.”

“Well, we’re awake and we’ll be ready as soon as we finish eating,” Nishalle said as she finished a piece of toast. “We’ll need to wake Taelya’s other bodyguards though.”

“You’ll only need to wake Lissany, she will need to learn some of these things as well,” Loki said with a shrug. You’ll be safe where we’re going, and if it looks like your sister is in any danger then I imagine that Lilith will have a small army of her children there in the blink of an eye. You may as well give the other two a day off.”

I nodded as I finished the last of my breakfast and considered Loki’s words as I absently petted Willow in my lap. The Wisp had finished eating and as I stopped stroking her she floated up to make her way into the pocket of my jacket. Apparently, she was going to be coming with me. Not that I was complaining, I felt sort of bad for not being able to spend much quality time with my flying fur baby lately. I just hoped we wouldn’t be doing anything too dangerous.

“Actually, we’ll wake them anyway,” I said once I had considered Loki’s suggestion. “I’d like Pete to be available in case Rei or Daenyss need to go out for some reason while we’re gone. Safety in numbers and I’d feel better if he and Venika stick with them while we’re gone. Kinara, I want you to take Harley with you when you go to give Caitlin her first magick lesson today. We’ll need to assign you a Guardian of your own soon.”

Kinara nodded as she fed Kimmie some of her breakfast. She was too loyal to disobey my orders and smart enough to know that it was a good idea for her to have someone with her and Caitlin in case something happened. “Harley doesn’t have any armor or weapons yet except for the sword that Lissany is loaning her but in a worst-case scenario I can put some defensive spells on us both. Maybe I can try to help her to figure out how she’s making that anti-perception field too before we get going to meet Caitlin at her office.”

“Pete and I will stick to Rei and Daenyss like glue until you’re back,” Venika promised.

With that decided, we woke Lissany, Pete, and Harley and explained the plans for the day while the three of them loaded up on breakfast. Pete and Harley were both a bit uncertain about leaving my side for the day but since Nishalle and Lissany would both be coming along and Lilith promised to call on her children to reinforce us if anything did happen, they both capitulated. They also took their temporary assignments for the day very seriously. I felt better knowing that they’d be looking after the others while we were gone.

We did have to make one brief stop before going wherever it was that Loki wanted to take us. I had gotten a text from Whisper, informing me that the first food shipment and one of the fabric shipments had arrived at the warehouse. The delivery people had left so it was now clear for me to make an appearance and portal it all to Varüus’kiel.

After quick farewells for everyone who was awake, including a kiss for Daenyss that had the Nymph flushing, I cast a portal to the warehouse. Then, with the help of Loki and Lilith, we were able to get everything sent to Varüus’kiel fairly quickly. Whisper and Grell, who were both wearing glamours for when more deliveries showed up, did have one other thing to discuss with me though. They had gone through the footage from the previous night’s battle and there was a slight hiccup.

Whisper started running the footage that showed me dodging and weaving as I killed Harpies and was drawn away from my companions. Only on the part where I encountered Nemesis, she wasn’t anywhere to be seen. It looked like I was fighting and talking to thin air, except for a brief golden light appearing and infusing me around when I killed her and threw the sword to Lissany. It looked the same way with Lissany too, like she was fighting nothing, and then a brief golden light infused her before she got all shaky and her eyes started to glow.

“They were obscuring themselves from mortal sight, and those they were reporting to were quick to retrieve the bodies, and any other evidence of their presence,” Loki commented. “It’s not surprising, really. If you try to release this, then you end up looking like a crazy person and if you don’t, their presence is still safely secret.

“I have to cut it into short segments before uploading anyway so I can cut just before Nemesis tried her little sneak attack and then start the next segment when Lilith and her brood appeared,” Whisper suggested.

“Do that,” I replied with a sigh. Damn Gods anyway. “I’m not too sure it’s a good idea to let it be known that Lilith and the entire Succubus race consider themselves my priestesses but I’m not going to hide anything.”

“Yeah, the bible thumpers are going to have a field day with that,” Grell grumbled.

“On the positive side, with them as your priestesses, you should have no trouble gaining new followers, especially of the male persuasion,” the God/dess of Mischief pointed out. “Not that you haven’t been getting plenty of attention in that regard already.”

Now that we had that sorted and the supplies sent to Varüus’kiel, we were ready to go to wherever it was that Loki wanted to do our ‘Goddess lessons’. That is, we were until my phone rang. Seeing that it was Rei’s number, I quickly apologized to the others and took the call. “Hi, Sweetheart, I thought that you’d still be sleeping.”

“I would be, but Jonesy’s phone got a call,” my Kitsune consort told me seriously.

She had my full attention just from the sound of her voice but now I knew that this wasn’t just a call to say that she loved me or something. “Tell me everything, Honey.”

“It wasn’t the Minister himself, probably some sort of go-between minion to give him plausible deniability. He had new orders for Jonesy. It seems that Robyn’s high-profile dinner companions last night and her campaign for Changed rights have gotten his attention. He wants a tail put on Robyn since he has no idea where you’re holed up,” she said grimly.

“Shit,” I cursed, glad that Venika wasn’t there to chastise me. “I knew that dinner was a bad idea. I was hoping to keep Robyn out of the crosshairs until she and Rob are living safely in Varüus’kiel. At least those orders were sent directly to you instead of to the CSIS or DCA.”

“Well yeah, sending orders to tail a celebrity with a reputation like Robyn’s through the official chain of command would be a bad idea, especially with the Changed rights campaign starting to gain some traction. It would be a political time bomb,” she agreed.

“You’re the one pretending to be Jonesy, how do you want to handle this,” I asked.

Rei laughed and I could practically hear her grinning. “I, or rather Jonesy, told him that I’d put someone on her. It just won’t be someone on their side. Venika is going to stay with Robyn and Rob for a little while and keep herself and Silverheels out of sight whenever they’re in public. I’ll feed generic public info back to the contact once a day until we can confirm the Minister’s involvement or find something more incriminating to pin on him.”

“Sounds good, Honey. Venika won’t let anything happen to them. I should get going now though, we were about to leave and wherever Loki is taking us, I doubt that they’ll have cell coverage. I love you, and I’ll see you when I get back.”

“See you later, Babe. I love you,” she replied before making kissing sounds and disconnecting the call.

“Sorry, everyone,” I apologized as I pocketed my phone. “Rei wanted to let me know that Agent Jones was just ordered to put a tail on Robyn.”

“What?!” Lissany sputtered, clenching her fists at her sides in concern and anger for her friend.

“Don’t worry, Liss,” I said putting an arm around the worried Beastkin. “Nobody is going to receive those orders and your mom is going to stay with Robyn and Rob for a while, just in case.”

Lissany calmed somewhat at that news but she still looked a little worried as Loki gestured broadly and the world lurched. The warehouse was gone and we were now standing roughly thirty feet away from a large log cabin. The scent of the sea caught my attention and once I took a look around I saw that we were in some sort of fjord with massive forested mountains to either side of an inlet with the cabin in a large clearing by the shoreline.

It was very picturesque but the sound of metal ringing on metal brought my attention to what looked to be a smith’s forge on the forested edge of the clearing. That was apparently where Loki was leading us as we walked off in the direction of the forge. The banging of metal on metal and the heat became more noticeable the closer that we got and the source of the noise proved to be a man.

He was massive; seven feet tall and covered in muscle, and Loki cleared her throat to gain his attention. He turned away from whatever he was working on to face us and while he wasn’t really my type, I did have to admit that he was handsome. He had piercing blue eyes and long golden hair with a beard that was as red as my Mahair’s hair.

“Loki!” he called out in a thunderous voice with a massive grin on his face. He quickly dropped whatever it was he had been working on and crossed the distance between us to wrap Loki up in a spine-creaking bear hug. “It’s so good to see you again, my friend, and in your fairer form no less! Sif will be glad to see you! Who are your friends?”

Once the behemoth had released Loki she smiled at him. “It’s good to see you again too, my brother from another mother. This is my old friend Lilith and…”

Her introduction was cut off by a golden and green blur knocking her to the ground while squealing, “Loki!” Perched on top of her was a very pretty woman with golden hair and brown eyes, who wore a simple dark green dress and bore a striking resemblance to Loki’s female form. It was several minutes before the Trickster was able to detach the woman and get to her feet.

Once she had, she punched her near-lookalike in the shoulder and said, “As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted, this is my old friend Lilith and these three are relatively new Demigoddesses in need of our help: Taelya, the daughter of Danu; her sister, Nishalle; and her loyal protector, Lissany. Ladies, may I present my best friend, Thor: God of lightning, thunder, storms, strength, sacred groves, fertility, and the protector of mankind. And this is my bratty cousin, Sif: Goddess of the earth, fertility, family, love, and marriage.”

Holy crap, I was beginning to suspect, but being told that we were meeting Thor had me dropping my jaw. I wasn’t the only one either. “Greetings, ladies,” his voice boomed, “and welcome to my domain. It’s not much but it’s home.”

“It’s good to meet you,” Sif agreed, “anyone that my cousin considers a friend is a friend of ours.”

“Wait, cousins?” Nishalle asked uncertainly. “Didn’t he shave all your hair off in some of the stories?”

“Second cousins, actually,” the other earth goddess clarified. “That didn’t make it into the stories, and neither did the fact that shaving my head was part of a huge prank war between the two of us. I did far worse to Loki, in both their male and female guises. Sadly, the other Aesir aren’t near as forgiving of Loki’s mischief or overzealous attempts to combat arrogance or abuses of power as my husband and I. We’re the only ones who give poor Loki the time of day. It’s good to see others who can accept her, or him, for who they are.”

While his wife spoke Thor looked at me in interest. “Danu’s daughter, huh? Then I take it that you are the one that our coalition is resting all of our hopes on. I have vowed to protect mankind, much as you have, so I will be glad to give any help that I can.”

“We both will,” his wife said with a nod. “Come into the cabin and we’ll discuss things over some refreshments.”

~o~O~o~

Much like Thor and Sif, their home was modest, warm, and friendly. Thor was a bit protective and serious as we spoke but it suited him as much as Sif’s playful mischievousness did her. It was readily apparent that they both cared about Loki a great deal though, and that care quickly extended toward us as well.

The biggest subject of conversation was a lesson from the three Aesir on using all of the resources that we had available. We could all fight, of course, and Loki admitted that I was a talented magick user, but we also needed to start using the other resources available to us, resources that I hadn’t really considered until then. The first of those resources was our aspects.

Sure, we could gain power by being near our aspects but we could also influence many of them directly, something that I had never attempted before. I was technically already doing that with my magick aspect every time that I cast a spell and with my nature aspect when I used Nature’s Call but I could work with my other aspects as well. Loki felt that it should come naturally to me as a Magus and Yseil’dhraí since it wouldn’t really be much different than using mana to cast spells or manipulate nature.

I couldn’t really affect the moon itself of course, but the glow from my hair represented moonlight. While I had no real control over that either, by having both the moon and sea aspects I could manipulate the tides if I developed the control and was so inclined. I could also call upon doves, or pigeons, to do my bidding and, given how many pigeons there seemed to be just about anywhere in Vancouver, that was a bit scary.

My aura would also let me exercise some control over my sex aspect, and my other conceptual aspects when it was appropriate. I wasn’t able to consciously control which aspect my aura was pumping out, lower the output, or even narrow it down to an individual or a small group, but with the training, I would be able to make a small hole in it to exempt people from the effects and have intelligent conversations with people again. Since Sif had a couple of conceptual aspects as well, Loki wanted her to teach me, Lissany, and Lilith to do that, and to be able to sense what aspect our auras were currently pumping out.

That wasn’t the only lesson that we would be getting. That was just the morning regimen. Since Nishalle wasn’t a mage, in the afternoons Loki would be showing her how to consciously manipulate all of her aspects, help to incorporate that into her style as an assassin, and teach her every sneaky dirty trick that she could imagine using. While Loki was training my sister, Lissany would spend her afternoons working with Thor. My poor guardian let out a fangirl squeal when she learned that he would not only be teaching her the finer points of being a protector God but also intense combat training since they both specialized in hammers.

As for me, I would be spending my afternoons in the company of Lilith and Sif. Not only would I be working on fine control of my physical aspects but also weapons combat, my magick, and getting a feel for just how much mana I was using, or needed to use, as well. Neither had magick as an aspect but Lilith did have training as a magick user and while the Succubus was trained in spears, unarmed combat, and magick, Sif was an experienced swordswoman.

I was kind of surprised at that but Sif said that part of being a wife, or part of a family in general, was being able to defend your family and home. Family was very important to her and I didn’t think it was just because it was one of her aspects. In fact, as we talked I became certain that it was the other way around, family was one of her aspects because it was so important to her. I found myself liking her a lot.

As we were given the overview of what our days were going to be like whenever we didn’t have anything else pressing to do for the next little while, we had some delicious honey cakes that Sif had baked and chilled milk from the goats that grazed the clearing behind the cabin. We all enjoyed the refreshments, especially Willow as she snuggled in my lap.

I had never tried goats milk before but since Lissany was still so young and it was still early in the day, Sif had thought that mead wouldn’t be appropriate. “Besides,” she teased, “my cousin is a lightweight, she’d be in no shape to put Nishalle through her paces if she had anything to drink.”

With the snacks and conversation coming to an end I was about ready to get to work but when I broached the subject, Loki shook her head. “There is one more resource that you have that you will have to learn to use to take advantage of, and that’s what we’re going to focus on today.”

I didn’t have a clue what she was talking about, and it looked like Nishalle and Lissany didn’t either. Sif seemed to glean what her cousin was getting at though and provided the answer. “Most powerful Gods have domains, pocket dimensions that act as a center of power for them, and if they are killed then those domains go to the God that slew them. Some have several small ones but most that do have one prefer to merge any domains that they gain with their own. These can provide needed resources, a home for your most loyal worshippers, and a place of refuge from other Gods.”

Lilith nodded in agreement. “Inanna’s domain was very large, She gained many from other Gods through conquest at the height of Her power and used them to grow Her center of power. She didn’t give me a part of it when she granted me some of her essence because I asked Her not to. It was already our home, I didn’t need anything more than that.”

“The domain that you gained from your mother is unique, Taelya,” Loki added. “Due to the magick she worked there, it is the only one that I know of that is partially inside our own dimension, allowing others to travel there, with your consent of course. But now you have Inanna’s, Nemesis’s, and Tiamat’s domains as well. You should familiarize yourself with them and decide whether you wish to merge them with Varüus’kiel. I don’t know much about what we might find in other Gods’ domains, but I know who had them and who did not. Both Ares and Ereshkigal had one but Thanatos did not.”

“You’re saying that I can make Varüus’kiel bigger? Couldn’t that cause earthquakes and stuff since it’s partially inside our dimension?” I asked in concern.

“Only if you decided to physically merge them. You could also choose to permanently link them through the creation of gates. It would give you access to more space without physically increasing the island’s size. I would suggest exploring those domains first though to make sure that it is safe for their residents to interact with your little empire on Earth,” Loki suggested.

“Yeah, I figure that Lilith and her people should be okay but I have no idea what is in those other two places, and given their previous owners, I’m not sure that I want to,” I admitted, frowning as I thought of Tiamat and what she might have left behind.

“That is why we’re going with you,” Thor offered with a grin. “We will have a look at each of the domains and make sure that they aren’t too dangerous.”

Loki’s grin matched the one worn by Thor and Sif as she said, “Time for a field trip, girls. This should be fun.”

Copyright © 2021-2022 Amethyst Gibbs
up
208 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

New chapter

The drought is finally over. I hope they have the GPS scrambled for Jones phone. Tiamat’s domain probably has lots of dragons that would be cool if she got a dragon army hopefully that is where the true dragons are. Nemesis domain is probably a really unpleasant place. I wonder if Thor was making Lissany a hammer?

hugs :)
Michelle SidheElf Amaianna

Here there be

Amethyst's picture

Yeah, there's a good bet Tiamat had dragons of some sort in her domain. As for Nemesis, it could go either way depending on what she used her domain for. Thor probably wasn't working on a hammer for Liss but it's possible with him having smithing as an aspect.

*big hugs*

Amethyst

ChibiMaker1.jpg

Don't take me too seriously. I'm just kitten around. :3

Yup

Amethyst's picture

Loki did say she was gonna teach them to have fun.

*big hugs*

Amethyst

ChibiMaker1.jpg

Don't take me too seriously. I'm just kitten around. :3

Aw thanks

Amethyst's picture

I'm glad that people enjoy what I'm writing :)

*big hugs*

Amethyst

ChibiMaker1.jpg

Don't take me too seriously. I'm just kitten around. :3

Yeah New chapter

kyro232's picture

So I take it Sigyn isn't Loki's wife/lover here hoping she would be or even around given the way that she is usually a afterthought if that when Thor and Loki appear in fiction.

Still nice to see a more accurate version of some of the Norse gods.

Tay and her sister are going become really acquainted with the phrase the only easy day was yesterday. Incoming training montage :)

Probably not

Amethyst's picture

Sigyn never really got much press in the Norse myths either. It would give me lots to work with but we'll see where my muse goes. I wanted to put my own twists on some of the Gods but keep true to them as much as I could. Yup, they're gonna get some training ;)

*big hugs*

Amethyst

ChibiMaker1.jpg

Don't take me too seriously. I'm just kitten around. :3

a prank war involving Loki

a prank war involving Loki and Sif... that must make the events in Whateley's Poe cottage look tame.

Lol

Amethyst's picture

When I decided t make Sif and Loki cousins I just got this whole almost sibling rivalry vibe and I thought that a prank war would explain so much. I thought it was hilarious.

*big hugs*

Amethyst

ChibiMaker1.jpg

Don't take me too seriously. I'm just kitten around. :3

Threesome

Just when it comes to the "good stuff" between Taelya, Daenyss and Rei you leave the interesting stuff out. Details, we want (all the juicy) details, and a blow by blow description. >:-> Awww mannn, the gods get to see all the good stuff and we poor readers are left hanging. ;o.o;. But it's good to see that Taelya and Rei indulge poor Daenyss. She certaily deserves it. :-)
And if Lilith'll join in the threesome, well, things could get really interesting. ;-)

> "[...]These [domains] can provide needed resources, a home for your most loyal worshippers, and a place of refuge from other Gods.”
Hmm, does that mean, since Taelya is now a sex goddess, too, that people celebrating orgies everyday and are therefore her most loyal worshippers are now residing somewhere in one of Taelya's domains? >:->

Thx for another nice chapter^^

threesome

Amethyst's picture

I could have done more with that scene, I'm not shy about writing sex scenes but sometimes it's good to let the readers use their imagination too. Daenyss totally deserves a little love though. Lilith will flirt and Taelya would probably be okay with it but she'd like for Rei to get a chance to become comfortable with any other possible bedmates before accepting anything.

As for the loyal followers and orgies... well, Succubae. 'nuff said.

*big hugs*

Amethyst

ChibiMaker1.jpg

Don't take me too seriously. I'm just kitten around. :3

‹ Apocalypse Dawn: The New World - Chapter 17

The wait is finally over... I saw that the new chapter was posted and actually gave off a little "yay" As always the writing is captivating and the story filled with excitement. New characters at every turn.

Willow

Glad you like it Willow

Amethyst's picture

Hopefully I can get over this cold and writer's block and post another chapter next week.

*big hugs*

Amethyst

ChibiMaker1.jpg

Don't take me too seriously. I'm just kitten around. :3

I know that joke - biblically

Nyssa's picture

Ok, that was kinda gross way for me to re-reference it, lol.

So, recently one one of my nephews, with great seriousness and a stunning inability to summarize, told me about a "bug hunt". Is that what Tae is about to experience? Not the hour long monologue, the hunt. Or is this a dungeon crawl?

P.S. Is there a way to get all of this out of my head?
P.P.S. Love this Ame, if only all poly relationships could be so loving, sensible, and strong (sigh) as Tae's

the joke

Amethyst's picture

I couldn't not use it after you made it in the comments. It was such a Loki thing to do.

It's maybe a mix of both, actually, should be interesting if I can get it written.

P.S. No, you're infected.
P.P.S. Yup, I'm all about loving and strong poly relationships. Just wish that I didn't have such bad relationship luck in real life.

*big hugs*

Amethyst

ChibiMaker1.jpg

Don't take me too seriously. I'm just kitten around. :3

all this

And powerful new allies too. i would love to find out what state Jones is in when he gets out of the tank?

Jones

Amethyst's picture

We should see Tae and the others returning to check on him and a few other things in a couple of chapters.

*big hugs*

Amethyst

ChibiMaker1.jpg

Don't take me too seriously. I'm just kitten around. :3

Using her Aspect ....

... on the Minister. If the Minister gets covered by pigeons**t two or three times, then the cartoonists and comedians will have so much fun with it that the Canadian PM will sack him to get rid of the embarrassment. Use of the spy drone/magic during his replacement should reveal where the orders are coming from.

That could be funny

Amethyst's picture

Taelya is more the type to confront a problem directly though, so we'll see what she decides on. Though having his people reporting back to put the fear of the Fae in him might be the start of it.

*big hugs*

Amethyst

ChibiMaker1.jpg

Don't take me too seriously. I'm just kitten around. :3