Drew's Northumbrian Friend Chapter 1

Printer-friendly version

Drew's Northumbrian Friends.
By Sharp.

skipton_castle_0.gif

A Gabyverse Fan-Fiction
.
Chapter 1 Drew’s Northumbria Friends
.

Two red headed girls entered the room & went directly to Gaby. "We have found your friend & his grandfather. He is in the Royal Northumberland hospital in Newcastle & is in a bad way. We managed to get all the details from the files & would recommend having him transferred by Helicopter to the specialist unit at home.”

Dr. Helen Fullolove looked at the records, "I will get on to it right a way."

The two girls looked around & saw Maddy. “We had another job to do or we would be here earlier."

Gaby "So you two are friends of Maddy."

"We originally befriended Maddy to protect her as we believed she was you, But it ended up with her protecting us. We now are your friends, Family & companions. We usually get the jobs nobody else wants."

Gaby. "Was I a job nobody else wanted?"

Daisy “Actually we do like cycling & do it for fun. It was for fun we entered the races. We could see what you could not & we reported back & from then on we cycled when we knew you where entered."

“So I acutely had been under observation for some time.”

Justine. "Long before your mother started for team Apollonaris. You caused quite a laugh when you went as the warrior Princess Gabriel. Your mother’s blood test confirmed her heritage. From then onwards you have never been alone & certain events where not exactly accidental. They where controlled to judge your reaction."

“Aunt Carol was the only one who realised what was happening to me."

"Yes she decided to do something she had not done since being a child & opened a book, as she was very worried about you & Maddy. The book is a very special prayer book that was given to her by her Grand Mother before she vanished. Carol was not sure her prayers would be heard but she would try. She opened the book & read the pages & chose the prayer.
“Heavenly Queen I am Carol Grand daughter of Agatha the Enchantress. For years I have not looked at this book like I used to as a child. In your eyes I will still be a child. I need help not for myself but for Drew/Gabe as each day goes by I can see Drew becoming more feminine. Please send your angels to protect him from harm."

Carol. "I did not realise you where already protected. Things kept happening to you that should not have been happening. I only thought to protect you from harm."

Gaby went & cuddled Carol. "I went & told you everything & how I felt."

Jenny. "She telephoned me because she was concerned about your well being. I spoke with mum about you. Mum said she had noticed you had more go when you where Gaby than when you where Drew."

Justine. “My observations concluded the same thing. You where that intent on riding you never noticed the outfits you won or the bike was for a girl. All you wanted to do was Ride & be the best." The next second the sound of their voices was drowned out by the drone of a helicopter landing."

Helen Fullolove, "That will be your friend & Grand father coming for treatment. Gaby, Mad & Mfwany come with me."

They found a man in a very distressed state. Gaby. Went & put her arms round him. "He will be OK now,”

“Gaby you are two young to understand, but my grandson he is almost dead. I have seen it before & that child never survived. Gaby he is in a very bad way & there are things you do not know. Your friend is part boy & part girl. The girl side is taking over & it has made him very ill. The hospital said, they where transferring him to a specialist unit immediately. I did not even get time to collect a change of clothing or anything."

Gaby, "Do not worry we will sort you out & to start with would you like a meal?" Gaby looked at the man. "I went through the same thing & survived with the help of my friends. I realised there where others like me & set up this unit especially for them."
The old man started to smile & said, "Regardless of what happens to me thank you Gabriel for your help."

Dr. Jones appeared, "Gaby she is sedated, but now OK,” She turned to the grand father "I am pleased to announce the arrival of your beautiful grand daughter at 8st 2lbs. She should be alert in about an hour but at the moment she is still rather sleepy”

The old man, "Is there chance of a shower?"

Gaby, "You can use this & we will find you some clean clothing while you shower." After he showered he noticed a pile of fresh laundered clothes awaiting him. He thought I must have been longer than I thought in the shower.

He came out of the shower, "That feels better now where did you say I could get something to eat?

“We have plenty providing you like sea food."

"Lassie I like most of the fish & even like certain sea weed or kelp. Is nobody joining me?"

Gaby, "We have all eaten, but we will have a few prawns to keep you company if you wish." They all chatted while he ate. “My friends where looking for your grand child to ask if you would be interested in riding in a team with us."

"I know my grandson would have jumped at the chance. However I now have a grand daughter & her hopes may not be what they once where."

Gaby. "She should have recovered by now so we had better go and see her." Gaby saw her friend sat in the bed & she appeared rather happy.

"Gaby I have changed rather a lot since we last raced. I got ill & when I awoke I had changed rather a lot."

Gaby, "I want you to still be in my cycle team if you are agreeable."

"Gaby are you sure as I am no longer a bloke."

Gaby. "To be honest you will fit in better with the team as you are."
Dr. Jones assistant to Dr Fullolove, "Do you mind if I have a word with your Grand father while you talk with your friends?"

"What is this about?” said the Grand father.

Dr. Jones, "You informed us you have seen this before."

"Her Mother was originally my son so yes I have seen it before."

"Do you mind if we take a blood sample for you? I want to find out if it was you or the mother who carried the gene."

"My wife only ever had sex with me once & got pregnant & then vanished the day after giving birth & I have never seen her since. The same happened with my daughter she has not been seen since giving birth."

Galadrial listened to this, “By any chance where they around the same age when they vanished."

He thought for a moment, “When I think about it yes they where. I think I know where they both are or at least went."

Dr. Jones returned, "You are negative so the gene can only come from the grandmother. With that in mind I have been double checking the DNA data base we hold there are several who's DNA is a good match including Agatha.

Gaby, "Julie’s can you ask your double to come here please."

Agatha appeared, "You wanted me Gabe."

"Agatha that trick you can do with Julie. Could any of your sisters do a similar trick, but say include mother & daughter?”

Agatha, "Only Albertina could do that & she is still missing."

Gaby, "What was your wife called & what was the name of your daughter?"

"I am called Ulrig & my wife was Albertina & daughter Kelda & my new grand daughter will now be Rowena.
Justine, "Gaby come with me we are going to have a chat with Rowena.”

Gaby "Rowena you are my friend can you tell me if you know where Albertina & Kelda currently are.”

Rowena. "They are stuck & have been attempting to get free."

Gaby. “Albertina, this is your Empress speaking. It is time you allowed this child a mind of her own so I am commanding you to kneel before me. The same is also applicable to you Kelda.” Gabriel pointed the trident she held in her hand & said separate."

Rowena. "Gaby what has happened there are three of me now?"

“Now you two get in to the two adjoining beds you can curtsey later." Ulrig did a double take when he saw the three girls."

Gaby, "Ulrig we discovered a slight problem with Rowena we hope you can help us solve it.”

Ulrig went into the room, "Rowena I could not bear to lose you."

Rowena. "Grandpa I am OK & am fit again. I want to race even if it is as a girl. My friend Gaby has recently found another two girls she feels you should meet.” Ulrig looked at the other two young females.

Gaby "They where brought to us recently because it was felt we could help them. All we knew was their first names."

Ulrig. "Albertina & Kelda." Even if it is not their names that is what I will call them both. I will accept responsibility for both girls."

Gaby "Ulrig there are some things you do not know."

Ulrig . “Actually I do as I found the books long ago. And I found this. I tried reading the books & at first I could not but after Kelda vanished. I put on my wives clothing & found I could read a bit so I copied everything down. When I took the clothing off I could not read the books, but I could read my notes. I laboriously copied everything down & even tried some they all appeared to be for curing the sick. I also read the warning about the danger of having sexual relations with a man.”
“I realised why my wife left me was because she loved me & she did not want anything to happen to me. I also realised my daughter had found the books & was attempting to contact her mother to show off her baby. When Rowena was taken badly I was going to go home & said the prayer in the book as a last resort of saving Rowena. Rowena I have not been exactly truthful with you. Wearing your Granny clothing to read to book must have triggered some changes in me. I realised unless I did something my Grand Child was going to loose me so with that in mind I had a latex face mask made. Rowena never noticed the other changes to my body."

Rowena kissed Ulrig, "Grandpa I think it is time we all saw what you actually look like. Ulrig, Undid his shirt & they could all see he was bandaged up.

"I had to do this to keep them out of sight."

Rowena giggled, “Grandpa I am going to have to get you a proper bra as you can not go around with those with out some support."

Ulrig started to pull at his face & the latex mask came away revealing a face that looked like Rowena. Rowena looked at her grandfather & started to laugh. "Sorry Grandpa but when you look like my twin I can no longer call you Grandpa in public although you will always be so in my heart."

Albertina. "Ulrig, Rowena is correct. I thought you would be safe & never envisaged you putting on my clothes to read the books."

Ulrig. "I kept them because they reminded me of you. One day I put some of them on when I needed to talk to you. I found I was more at ease so when not working I started to relax in them. It made me feel as if you where with me. As time went on I realised my body was changing to suit the clothes. Still I could not let you go. Although you both had vanished you where still in my heart. I read the books that many times that they are imprinted on my mind. I came to realise that some where there was a person or persons who could help me."

"When I first saw Gaby I thought it was her as she had some similarities to my missing wife. I came to realise though that Gaby had no idea what she was & was only a child."

Kelda was the next to speak, "Father I can not call you that & we should rename you. Neither can we return to our home as identical Quads. You will have to dispose of the home, but our books will have to be brought here & handed to Galadrial for safe keeping."

Ulrig. "So far that makes sense. If you are a magical being Albertina could you not just alter us so we all look like ourselves."

Albertina. "Uric I was stuck because my power & body faded. Kelda realise where I was after the birth of he child & tried to extract me but got stuck herself."

Rowena. "I thought I was going crackers with the voices telling me to do certain things."

Alberta looked at Gabriel & said, “You remind me of Titania & Tatiana my sisters."

Gabriel "Well they are sort of my grandmothers."

Albertina Curtsied. "Mother was always telling me I was not strong enough to do that & it was reserved for queens & their consorts. I would not listen & neither would one of my sisters. We always though happened to be rebels & did not do all we where told to."

Poppy entered. "Your majesty we did as instructed the house was emptied of all goods & then filled with some old goods. If you switch on the news you will see that Ulrig & his grandson perished in the conflagration.”

Gaby switched the news on & sure enough the reporter was outside the house & was saying, "This is where a grandfather & his grandson perished earlier today."

Ulrig. "I was thinking we would have to move but now we are both dead so there can be no going back."

Galadrial entered the room. "It looks like I will have to take charge again as it appears I now have another three daughters instead of Albertina. Uric I think it would be better if in future we called you Paloma as you certainly live to your new name."

Albertina. "Mum I made several big mistakes & need punishing."

Galadrial. "I think you have been punished enough."

Gaby. "Will all four of you form a circle & hold hands.”

Albertina. "The ring of unity we are sharing everything & will always be able to share it."

Galadrial. "I am glad that you remember some things Albertina but I am sending you back to school with your sisters."

Rowena. "Do we all call you mum now, or Granny or great Grand."

Gabriel chuckled. "Rowena, Galadrial will oversee your education, but you are still contracted to the team & are expected to ride with them." "Because your grandfather read all the books your Grandma did not you all will have that knowledge? So although you all will have to go to school because of the knowledge you all share you should race through the exams.”

Albertina. "I am slow & until a moment ago did not realise with whom I was talking. She went & curtsied correctly in front of Gabriel. “I heard the others call you Gaby & thought you where one of the hand maidens of the Empress. My apologies Empress that I did not greet you correctly when you freed us. I should have realised then that only one was able to do that."

Gaby. “Grandma Do you really want another four daughters?"

Galadrial. "Well one pair are all ready my daughter & companion & the other pair are my Grand daughter & Great Grand daughter.”

Rowena. "Do I get a say or have I just to shut up & listen while you debate our future. Gaby was & still is my friend. It appears that I am also related to her as are the remainder of the team. Gaby calls you Gran although you are her great Gran so I will do the same. You are now our official Gran. The other three to save confusion in future will be referred to as my sisters. If I tried to explain Kelda was my mother or Albertina was my Gran I would be being locked up in the psycho hospital. While we are out we will all call you Mum Galadrial, but in here I will call you Gran."
Galadrial. “I was going to suggest that all four of you might benefit with living with the pack for a while."

Gaby. "Rowena that means you get to sleep with lots of beautiful females."

Rowena whose brain was still functioning as a male said, "In that case count me in. I always wanted to take lots of beautiful women to bed."

Gaby cracked out laughing, "Rowena you will have more companions than you can ever manage."

Rowena. "I am going to get ready now." She went out of the room to change.

Albertina. "She has clean forgotten she is a female like the rest of us."

Gabriel, "Albertina you do not have to join the pack you could join my parents & some of my Aunts."

Albertina. "To be honest I am quite looking forward to being a member of the pack. I am observant enough to notice some of my sisters & cousins are companions of the Empress. Had I not fallen for Ulrig then I would have been a companion of my sisters. I am glad though I fell for Ulrig as it gives me a second chance to be a companion. This time I have no intention of messing it up. I have been given a new body based on my Grand daughter. Mother I am going to ask you first, Have I your Permission & blessing to become a companion of the Empress."

Galadrial. "You can ask."

“Empress Gabriel, My full name is Princess Albertina daughter of Galadrial Empress of the Heavens, High Queen. "I formally ask that I along with my three companion sisters become companions to the New Empress of the Heavens."

Gaby, "I better ask my main companions & see what they say."

Maddy. "There appears to be getting rather a lot of companions."

Nena, "Yes I think we are going to have to stop any further applications." Albertina was in tears.
Gabriel, "Albertina these two are teasing you. I have not turned down anybody yet. So why should I start with my aunt & cousins."

Gabriel. "Grand Galadrial after tomorrow's race I expect these four to be correctly presented by you.”

Rowena."I have just had a thought the house has been burnt down so we can not get any money from the sale of it what are we to do for money."

Galadrial. "Rowena none of you have need of money. All your needs will be met. All four of you will receive an allowance & a plastic charge card.”

Nena. "The insurance has credited Miss Rowena as the sole beneficiary with the pay out for the house & contents. All the assets have been liquidated.”

Gaby. “Just so you know I do not go round changing boys to girls. In the case of you, Mfawney & Rowena the changes where already advanced. Without help at most all three of you would only have had two weeks left at the most. In fact with out our intervention Rowena would have been laid on a mortuary slab by now. I can fully understand your feelings as I have been there like you."

"It comes as a real shock when you realise in future you have to sit to pee. As Drew I thinking that is it now Maddy my cousin will no longer want me. I am a freak. Well eventually my sister Jool’s said, Gaby I suggest you ask Maddy what she wants & do not let it get to you."

"I was surprised she still wanted me."

Maddy. “I said all through school we have been friends. It was at my suggestion initially that you dressed up as Gaby & then Julie’s & Brittany got in on the act. Had I been able to I intended to ask you to be my partner.”

“Maddy that can no longer be for I am becoming female like you."

Maddy. "Gaby some times you are a nitwit. We all have to be your companions, and I see no reason at all why we can not be partners for all eternity."
Gaby. "Maddy your mother could not keep us both apart & I have no intention of trying. I do believe though that there are others who will also want to keep our bed warm."

Maddy. "I suppose so long as they are female it does not matter. Heck Brittany could join us & there would not be a problem or Gaby's disabled girlfriend Hope."

Gaby. "Funny you should mention those two as they are both waiting for us in the bed room."

“Gaby now you know whom you are taking on the tandem in the race.”

Kelda. "Can all four of us take a tandem with a child on?"

Gaby. "Well you all have the skill & talent to do it so yes."

Rowena. "I have a question to ask can we start a club for those who have changed like us."

Nena."We already have a club like you described & yes you are a member already. Some of the others have found it useful to talk with fellow transformers. Some changed overnight & some the transformation was gradual."

Maddy "Can I come along as you are my partner."

Nena "You are to Gaby what Julia is to me. Gaby you will find nobody more loyal than Maddy & she will be at your side for ever. Carol committed all of you although I know she had Jenny's blessing."

Gilda came into the room " Rowena this is Gilda & she is one of my companions along with her daughters. She also is sister to grandma Galadrial."

Albertina. "Aunt Giddy it is a very long time since I last saw you. Apparently we both got stuck & owe our lives to Gabriel. At first I did not recognise her for what she truly is."

Gilda. "Very few actually do."

Rowena looked at Gilda. "I am sorry I am not sure what to call you as Gaby called you Gilda while Albertina called you Aunt Giddy.”

Gilda. "Either will do but if we are out together then perhaps Gilda will do. At certain times my formal title will be used but do not worry you will be warned."

"Aunt did you have any sons who changed like me?"

"Yes I did & he is also a companion like me. Very few of my sisters who have had boys still have them. Virtually all of them have changed we all realise it is a shock but with help you will be OK."

Rowena. "I will call you Gilda because if we are out then people would only look & stare if I called you Aunt. It is going to take some time before I know you all."

Gilda "That is why we all wear the gold badges so everybody knows who is who."

Kelda "So basically we can bed anybody wearing a gold badge as all gold badges wearer are companions."

Gaby, "Just a moment though why are we being allowed Brittany & my disabled friend Hope?"

Galadrial, "Brittany & her sister are real people but they where planted on you to assess your abilities. They are already family members & know the restrictions placed on them. Like some of the others they lived in America & will be back in America for your races. You will be racing while over there & attempt to take the Trans America title to go with your British & European titles. Brittany & the Girls will be your support while you are out there. Yes you will have your own American cheer leading team now to support you & the other girls."

Gaby "The teacher we had previously is she another of this group? I actually liked her & told her things only Maddy & I knew. I was hoping to talk to her again as she told me she knew somebody who was similar to me."

“Hello Gaby, "I heard you wanted a chat with me." Gaby ran over & noticed the badge.
"I still want to talk to you."

"I know you have concerns about what has happened to you. That is why I was appointed as your mentor. I do not tell anybody anything you tell me although I still have to report my concerns about you."

Gaby, "So are you a teacher or a physiologist or similar."

"I am both. I was there basically because of the girls."

"So when I go back to America will you be there for me again?"

"Gaby if you want me there then I will be there."

"Well I might need somebody to talk to & at least I know & like you."

"Gaby what you say is private between the two of us stays there."

"It may be but am I correct in thinking that even if I do talk just to get it out of my system. I could still find myself been monitored by certain others."

Galadrial. "Even I am monitored & that is to ensure our safety. I prefer people to speak their mind & if there are problems, then we will try to resolve them."

"So if I was kidnapped while in America then you could rescue me. Like when Meadows tried to abduct me. I believe you & I have no objection of talking to Miss Bell. To be honest though I am very tired & wish to get some sleep."

Maddy took her by the hand, "Yes I could also do with some sleep as we have an hectic day ahead tomorrow."

up
43 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos