William Church and the Scandinavia Trip chapter 5

Printer-friendly version


William Church and the Scandinavia trip
by Sharphawlad

Chapters 5 A visit to the Hospital

William, "Your daughter will have to stay with us while you are in here. It will be two weeks before we return and by then we hope you are much better."

The mother held something out for the child “I think you forgot Topsy when you left. The rest of your clothing is in those cases."

Angela, "Once we return to Oslo, William would like you two to go and stay with him and his wife in England.”

"Mummy I like my new Grandpa & Nana can we go and stay with them until you are better please?"

"Yes but I though would like to talk to the other lady while your Grand Parents' take you for a drink to the cafe."

William, "I think your mummy knows my friend Angela."

"Grandpa Can I have a milk shake please?"

Meanwhile Lucinda the mother spoke. “I was going to object to strangers looking after my child and then I realised who you were. Sorry Queen Angela I cannot curtsy."

"Please just call me Angela. I would prefer it if you told William that I am an old school friend of yours & Kirsten." At the moment Queen Olga is arranging for you to become William & Lynn’s daughter or at least twin daughter. I also took the liberty of arranging for Kirsten and I to become the child's godparents. You do realise you will have to be pensioned off as you are not fit to work again. Poor William has no Idea who I am. To him I am an old friend he has got reacquainted with. He did not recognise not even recognise Kirsten in the Tivoli. She though did recognise him straight away."

Lucinda, "You mean William he courted Queen Helga?"

"Please for the moment keep quiet as there is a party for him.

As William & Lynn returned. Lucinda, "Mum & Dad has Lucy been good for you?”

Lucy beamed all over and said, “Mum do I get to keep them?"

"Well we cannot have total strangers looking after you and your god mothers will also be keeping their eyes on you. Father would it be OK for Lucy and me to come home and live with you as I have been told I cannot work again?"

"Darling you know there is always a home for you with us."

"Mum Lucy has grown rather a lot recently & I doubt that much of her clothing will fit. I had intended getting her something once my wages came through."

Angela, “All four of us are taking Lucy shopping as she will need something special for tonight."

Lucy, “I have seen mummy with Aunt Angela and another lady before. I was very sleepy though when they both called round."

William, "Your mummy is a friend of my friend.”

"Good because I also like Aunt Angela."

Angela, "Do not worry though neither Kirsten nor I want rid of you so we will be visiting my cousin in Skipton and checking up on you and our god daughter. I do not think your former boyfriend will be looking for a twin in England do you?”

They then spent some time looking around Oslo and then went shopping with Lucy. They walked into a department store and Angela was recognised. They headed for the children's department.

Angela, "My niece needs all sorts so we will be buying rather a lot today. William this time I am paying for what is needed. She is going to need clothing for at least two weeks.

Lynn looked at the prices, "I doubt that we could afford any of these dresses. I have just realised how expensive they are."

Angela, "Yes I know but I can afford to get what she needs so please let me."

Lynn, "I could do with a coffee and a sandwich."

The manager, "Sorry I should have brought some refreshments." A short time later a girl brought some open sandwiches and coffees and a glass of milk for Lucy.

William, "Thank you how much do I owe.

The manager, "It has all been taken are off along with the child's clothing. You are Mr. Church well your daughter’s employers have given us instructions concerning the child and we have to give her clothing to last at least a month.”

William smiled and said, “Yes they are very kind."

Lucy, "Grandpa can Nana & I have our ears pierced.

Angela, "I think that is a good idea & would Topsy like hers doing?

The manager, "We have a special offer if you bring Nannies and Topsy."

The girl wiped Topsy's ears and then put in two studs.
The girl, " See Topsy is OK.”

Can I sit on Nannies knees?" A short while later both Lynn & Lucy where both sporting new studs in their ears.

Can we call back at the hospital and show mummy Topsy's ears?

The manager handed Angela a bag with something in and said, I have sent the rest to the ship along with some cases. I also wondered if the little miss would like to have her hair and fingers done."

Lucy, “Like mummy does when we go some where special?"

It did not take long to do Lucy's hair and her nails. “May I keep the long black dress on to show mummy please? She calls me her little princess."

The manager chuckled as they left.

The shop assistant, "Sir are you OK?"

"Yes I am fine now." He thought for a moment and said, "Has all that clothing gone yet?"

"No sir we are just going to take it now.”

“Well I have just had a thought call the toy department that girl could do with some toys and I doubt that, that has been thought about.”

A short while later he had a message all covered sir we sent a selection, which should last her a month or so, and a new doll.

up
78 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos