Reconciliation 7A - The Bridal Parties

Printer-friendly version
Notes of a Journey Trilogy
Book 3
Reconciliation

Chapter 7A - 'The Bridal Parties'

A Gaby FanFic by PB


 

Now available for Purchase from Lulu.com!

Available for Purchase as
Download & Paperback


Viewing Note: This story should be viewed with the Edwardian Script ITC font installed on your Windows platform in the c:/Windows/Fonts directory. Microsoft Word installs this font automatically.

Photo Credit: Licensed royalty free. Provided by PD Photo.org .

 


 
Chapter 7A
 
Author's Note: A few of you have expressed an interest in the wedding and in particular, the girl's choice of 'non-wedding' dresses from the Renaissance period.

Way back when I was originally writing "Reconciliation 7", I went online to various Renaissance-related stores and found the dresses I envisioned the girls wearing. The description of those dresses in the chapter is derived from the photos and the specified colour choices are the actual choices provided online.

The only liberty I took was in the colour of Maddy's dress and petticoate. Those colours were not an option for her dress choice, but as much of the work for these re-enactment Faires is a combination of ready-made and custom work, it didn't seem too much of a stretch to see Maddy's dress as a one-of-a-kind creation based on an existing design.

I thought it might be helpful and interesting if you were able to see those photos:


This first photo is Gaby's choice for a wedding dress. Despite looking like a one-piece dress in the photo, it's actually a dress worn over a chemise - as described in the story.

Gaby_s_wedding_dress.jpg

 

This next one is the 'Fair Maiden' style of dress worn by Jules and Gaby's bridesmaids....

 

Gaby_s_attendants.jpg

 

... and the plain 'Celtic chemise' that they wore under it.

 

plain_Celtic_chemise.jpg

 

By contrast, this is the 'Celtic Maiden' style of dress as worn by Maddy and her attendants....

 

Maddy_s_bridal_party.jpg

 

.... and the trimmed 'Celtic chemise' worn with it. Note the more modest neckline that Kat and the others chose to wear.

 

Trimed_Celtic_chemise.jpg

 
 

PB
 
 
Comments are Greatly Appreciated!

 
To Be Continued...
 

up
83 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Nice that you have

your own pictures for that... I've written a story that I'm likely to leave the pictures out of, since I'm not artist enough to make them. Perhaps, a little note at the end, with references to the sites I found the gowns might work.

They are LOVELY dresses! I quite understand the selection.

Annette