Mother-in-law story

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

The challenge for those of you who are writers, I am not good at writing stories or would attempt myself, is to write a story involving the mother-in-law. I have always been close to my mother-in-law, have spent time alone with her and we have a very good relationship. The dream that I have often had is something like this; we are sitting in our comfy chairs next to the fire reading, I ask my mother-in-law if she would like a flavored coffee she says yes and I go make one for each of us. Up to here that part has happened. I return with the coffee's sit back in my chair take a sip of my coffee and without thinking say look at us like a couple of old maid's. She laughs and says not quite, she says stay put and I will be right back. She leaves the room, returns with a pink fluffy robe with flowers on it, a pair of pink panties, a filmy full pink long nightgown, and a pair of open toe fluffy night slippers. She looks at me demurely, she has changed into a matching outfit, and says if you will put these on we will be a couple of old maids sitting here. I get up and change, when I get back she says it is still not right go back and shave your legs. The night progresses going to bed in my pink nightgown. When I wake in the morning my clothes are gone and there is an outfit laid out for me. I put it in and find her in the kitchen, she says we have a long day ahead of us. The day proceeds with makeup, wig, and trying on clothes.
You can take it from there, whoever no matter how many, take the challenge. And I thank you in advance for taking the challenge.
Kyra

I say that your own start is pretty good

My advice would be to write it in first person; as if it were actually happening to you. Use your imagination and write about how it would develop for you if it really happened.

Great writing

Merry Christmas

Gwen

Thank you

Thank you for the advice, maybe I will try to write a story