Could this be possible??

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

Hi,
I am Jayme,transgendered male to female,29.I have been on hormones for about two years with some amazing results.I was hoping someone could help me.I really want to meet understanding people who could help me and be a friend through out my transition..to chat with...
I was captivated as i read 'Accidental girl' by Mary Beth Sanford.
I would love to have understanding girlfriends around as Bobby did.Encouraging my feminine side and making me feel comfortable as the girl i am....If its at all possible.
This journey i have take almost alone to a point...My mom knows and a close friend but it seems most don't understand and are not willing to talk,help,understand who i am.It can be very isolating at times but i love who i am and would not change anything even if i could...

Take care and thanks for reading..
Jayme.

Isolation

I'm not a religious person... but I'm reminded of the quote "Do not keep your light under a bushel"...

If you tell everyone that you are transgendered... you will soon find out who your 'real' friends are and make more. The risk is your 'friends' not only not talking to you but physically or mentally abusing you.

I found the 'nerve' to tell my friends... after I moved to another city. I found that being out of their daily lives they were much more willing to accept it.

But if you don't tell people openly and honestly who you are... you will NOT find anyone...

nobody.

ps. Its like a very sticky bandaid... hurts like hell... but then it heals.

Jayme, If You

Need a chat friend, I am available. Just let me know.

Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

My own motto...

Puddintane's picture

You don't say where you are but there are some places where it's better to be, and it sounds like you're not there. Consider arranging your life so that change is easier.

In the USA, Boston is by far the lesbian (and by extension, transgender) friendly town I know, although San Francisco runs a close second, less so mostly because of the very high housing costs.

The City of San Francisco was the first major employer in the USA to offer reassignment surgery under its insurance plan, for example, as does the University of California generally, but a few major employers in the private sector do the same these days.

If the people around you aren't your type of people, it's rarely amiss to consider moving to wherever *your* crowd congregates, wherever that might be, just as you'd probably consider moving to Aspen if you were an avid skier, or to Hawai'i if swimming around semi-tropical lagoons with fins and snorkel is what you want to be doing every weekend. That's what I like, so that's where I am, but I've lived near the ocean for most of my adult life and find it hard to be happy if I can't at least dip my toes in from time to time. Saltwater therapy, I call it.

On the other hand:

http://tinyurl.com/9lurst

Feisty is my middle name.

Puddin'
------------------
When a woman does it, it's "pushy;" but
when a man does it, it's "making sure
that proper credit is awarded when due."

-

Cheers,

Puddin'

A tender heart is an asset to an editor: it helps us be ruthless in a tactful way.
--- The Chicago Manual of Style

I'm 'out'

To most new friends I make, as well as my employers. Despite not having started transition yet myself, it does make things a lot easier.

If you're looking for understanding people to talk to, you've come to the right place. Big Closet is full of wonderful people who would be willing to lend a hand whenever you need to talk. Careful, though- prolonged influence from the knaves and vagabonds here might result in irreversible warping of your sense of humor, as well as an irresistible urge to write. You have been warned. :P

Melanie E.

You made a good choice.

You made a good choice. There are some really understanding people here. Friends collect friends. You have to collect more of them. Hope you stick around here. There is plenty to read.