HTML regulations?

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

Ok,I am a little confused (This is my first story) I understand that HTML format is used on BC to post stories, and also there are certain commands that I should leave out. I searched for a FAQ page or anything that had these rules, but I couldn't seem to find one. So, for a new author, what formatting rules should I be aware of?
Thanks,
Efren Rose

Real simple HTML rules

erin's picture

Don't leave open tags. Also, don't open a tag in the teaser and close it after the break.

If you use the buttons in the mini-editor to do formatting, you won't be using illegal HTML. But really, there isn't much that is forbidden, I even allow tables.

No objects or styles, though.

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Allowed HTML list is on input form

erin's picture

The tab below the BODY box is called INPUT FORMAT, click on that and it should show you what HTML is legal.

Hugs,
Erin

Mini Editor?

Is the mini editor only available to those with an author page already set up?
----
"But he that dares not grasp the thorn Should never crave the rose."
--Anne Bronte
Efren Rose

I think so.

Hang tight lemme straighten your account out.

K it 's fixed ^^ go to the +Fiction page or +blog to see your editor ^^

Styles?

Just a quick query about styles (without posting something to test it...) is that inline styles? as in <p style"...">Text</p>?

JC

The Legendary Lost Ninja