Search Box

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

Why does the search box sometimes disappear even though I'm logged in. It's almost like the CSS file isn't getting fully loaded every time. it just strikes me as odd...

Kayla

When server load hits a

KristineRead's picture

When server load hits a threshold, this intense function is disabled.

Erin could give you the official numbers that it hits at, She has posted on this a few times.

Hugs,

Kristy

erin's picture

When the load hits three hundred "sessions" passed out, the search function is turned off to keep the database engine from loging the site down. (Hmm. Spellcheck underlined "loging", guess it doesn't speak Arkansawyer.)

Category Browser always works: http://bigclosetr.us/topshelf/taxonomy_browser

Hugs,
Erin

Ozark dictionary: Loge v. pronounced "lowg" with an o like in low and a g like in dog. vt. To overload or overstress the action or purpose of a machine, animal or person; to fail at a task from sloth or lack of ambition; vit. to slow down, especially from stress or overload; to be lazy by temperament; to loaf under pretense of actually doing something. Past participle, loged, "lowgd". Present participle loging, "lowgin". Continuous participle, a-loging, "ah-lowgin". Adjective logey (or logy), "lowgy"; slow, sluggish. Lazy or stupid. Stunned. "I always feel logey in the morning."

Probably from the nature of a log that just lies there and does nothing.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

I typically don't use the

I typically don't use the search feature. It was more that it would be there one second and gone the next. For the longest time I knew that something changed, but I didn't know what it was...

Thank you for all the work that you and Bob do to keep the site up and running.

Kayla

Search box unavailable

Ole Ulfson's picture

OK,I've read the question here in FAQs and I've read all the answers.
However... I'm on the site multiple times each day at all different times of day and night, I always sign in, and I haven't seen a search box in weeks. I know what the banner says, and I know what the FAQs say, but the box is never there. Have you disabled this service?

Ole

We are each exactly as God made us. God does not make mistakes!

Gender rights are the new civil rights!

Search box

Ole Ulfson's picture

Is it gone forever?

Ole

We are each exactly as God made us. God does not make mistakes!

Gender rights are the new civil rights!

One alternative

that works so far is go to Google and in the search box enter

site:bigclosetr.us search term

If you don't include a search term, Google will tell you there are over 66,000 pages and list pages and pages and pages . . . of links for you to peruse