New York State PASSES full Same-Sex Marriage !

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

New York State PASSES full Same-Sex Marriage !

The Gov pushed hard for it's passage, and will sign it asap!

About Time!

Enjoy!
Sapphire

ps: NYS does NOT have a residency requirment for a marriage license! Come One...come all!

Wonderful!

That's good news!

"Girls are like pianos, when they're not upright they're grand!" Benny Hill

Karen J.

"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

I knew posting

Angharad's picture

the link from the Guardian would change things.

Angharad ;)

Angharad

On behalf of...

Extravagance's picture

The GLBTers of the USA (if not the world) and their friends and relatives,

THANK YOU ANGHARAD. ^_^

Catfolk Pride.PNG

Sigh.

I read that as "The giblets of the USA..."

I must get my eyes checked...

Penny

One issue of a judge

One issue of a judge overturning it is, the main group that is against this is religious-based and Cuomo and the Republicans who voted for this sat down and wrote up very specific guarantees for those of a religious persuasion. So most judges won't touch it since it doesn't violate anyone's civil rights. At least, that's how I am reading it as of now.
Shannon Johnston

Samirah M. Johnstone

To paraphrase a great

To paraphrase a great philosopher:

Never underestimate the power of judicial stupidity.

NY Same sex marriage

I think it's about time. We have had it here in Massachusetts for a while. My first cousin is gay and he has been with his partner at least 20 years. I don't know if they will get married, but I have nothing against it. His partner is a great guy and has as far as I know, been totally accepted by the whole family. I could be wrong as I don't see that side of the family that often.

I have to agree with Valentine. I hope a judge doesn't just override it like those idiots out in Cali. I think that any two people who love each other should have the opportunity to get married whether it is M-F, M-M or F-F. Everyone should be treated equally. Gays, lesbians, transgendered (forgive me if I have left anyone out) shouldn't be treated like second or third class citizens.

Marc