Kudos

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

Ok, I'm sure that this has been asked, probably by me (I'm really thinking about changing my hair color to blonde again...) but is there a way to see how many kudos a individual piece of a story has gotten? I thought I read something somewhere that said that there was supposed to be a list on the 'My Stories' page along with the total and daily reads, comments, etc.

Of course I could be imagining things and may not have read that at all...

Samantha

yep

kristina l s's picture

everytime a story or ep is opened the Kudos count is shown at the right hand top of the page. Might only be when logged in, not sure about that but I suspect so.

Kris

Hmm. I don't see this when

Hmm. I don't see this when I'm logged in. Maybe something is broken for me...

Samantha

Edit:

When using the site default theme it appears... Now I'm not sure what theme I was using, but maybe we should add it to that one as well. (It was the reverse of the default theme, so reversi maybe?)

Just Below The Purple TopShelf Banner

joannebarbarella's picture

When you have your story displayed....At the extreme right-hand side (on my screen above the ad for "Pin-Up Girl") you should see Kudos and number awarded. If you haven't got that you must be on a different system,
Joanne

Kudos

And you vote at the end of story by clicking on the Kudos box.

Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Nope

erin's picture

You get a total of the number of kudos you as an author have received on your |My Account| page. The person who wrote the kudos module did not include hooks to extract more information so I can't construct a "view" to see the individual story totals. It would be nice.

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Sometimes, for me anyway

I always see a section on my account page for Kudos, but it's usually empty. There have been two brief periods of about a day or so, since the Kudos feature was added to the site, when I've seen a number there. I haven't felt it worth bothering you about, but since the topic came up I thought I'd mention it.

Also, if you'd like, if you point me at the module/version you use for kudos, I could have a look at the code and maybe add the hooks you'd need for the other features. In my, you know, copious (ha!) free time.

Themes

Erin,

If you are using the default site theme (The one which puts the user options on the right hand side of the page.) you can see the number of individual kudos a story has gotten. If you are using any other theme, there appears to be no way to retrieve this information. I have two themes that I like, Reversi and Zen. I tend to lean toward Zen but have been using Reversi a lot recently (There was a reason, but it escapes me at the moment...) I prefer simple interfaces to things and Zen is simple. I just wish that it would show the kudos. I have the box checked to show that information, but it seems like the module that displays it doesn't have a home in the Zen (or Reversi) layouts...

Samantha

This reminds me of a

Brooke Erickson's picture

This reminds me of a "problem" with kudos.

I do a lot of reading of the site in bed using my Nokia 770. It's handheld running lord only knows what as a browser. When I click on the "kudos" link on it, it loads the RSS manager. (and as far as I know) doesn't actually generate a kudo.

I suspect this is because the "built in" browser has very limited (and odd) Javascript support.

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks

Not much you can do about it

Not much you can do about it with the 770... if you had an 800, 810, or 900, you could get the a special mobile version of firefox quite easily. there's a way to get a better browser on the 770 as well, but you need to have some programming knowledge to pull it off.

Abigail Drew.

Vanishing Kudos

My number, on the "Account" page, has just vanished. How queer....

Someone had that happen a few months ago....

Andrea Lena's picture

....and it appeared again just as suddenly the following day. You've always got my vote, by the way!

Dio vi benedica tutti
Con grande amore e di affetto
Andrea Lena

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Vote

Need to kick start my muse.....

it's been happening here as well...

*shrugs*

It's the vanishing, reappearing, and re-vanishing kudos! Oh no!

lol... Seriously, it is kinda weird, but knowing I'm not the only one it happens to, it doesn't really bother me that much.

Abigail Drew.