Title pages...

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

Is there a way to make author pages display Organization pages by default rather than list every chapter of every story that someone has posted?

Just a thought (and suggestion if it's not possible.;))

Samantha

Yes

Puddintane's picture

Create organisation pages for serial chapters and change the outline tab for each chapter to point to the organisation page. The default "Outline" shows only the next level down from any given level. Look, for example, at Angharad's Author page, which would be fairly extensive if it listed every chapter of every story. If a given story grows to many chapters, one has the option of making a title sub-page (books?) and creating outline subsets, but no particular structure is truly mandatory.

Cheers,

Puddin'

A tender heart is an asset to an editor: it helps us be ruthless in a tactful way.
--- The Chicago Manual of Style

-

Cheers,

Puddin'

A tender heart is an asset to an editor: it helps us be ruthless in a tactful way.
--- The Chicago Manual of Style

I was thinking more like

I was thinking more like make the organizer pages the default view for the author pages (if they exist, and I think that every thing that has multiple parts has an organizer page...) I think that would be more useful than sorting though chapters from multiple stories to find the title pages...

Just my thoughts...

Samantha

Author Pages and Author Pages

erin's picture

You two are not talking about the same thing, I don't think.

Samantha, I believe you are talking about the page that comes up when one clicks on the author's name. That's a built in function of Drupal called a "category listing". There's currently no way to configure it at all, it is what it is.

Puddin is talking about the Author Page made with the ++Organizer tool that links all of an author's works together in just the way you are asking for, Samantha, and as Puddin described.

They are two different though similar things. After the upgrade to D6, I may have more control on such appearance issues.

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Currently...

If an author has a author organizer page, it's often among the last few pages of their author category listing, so it's generally not too hard to find, and from there, you ought to find anything they've bothered to link up to it... which might not be everything.

It would be nice if author organizer pages were automagically generated when a new author is added to the list and any time a story is added with that authors name it automagically gets linked to the author organizer page. So that even if an author doesn't manually do any organizing of their own, you at least get something a little better organized than the category listing...

But I'm sure if such a feature were possible with the current software, Erin would have already made that happen :)

Abigail Drew.

Automagic

Sometimes author pages for new authors do appear "automagically" when one of the behind the scenes crew notices.

Usually if I notice a new author has posted a second story or a second chapter to their story then, as time allows, I will create an author page for them and if they've posted a second chapter I will also create a title page for their story.

Michelle B

Yeah...

But there's always a possibility that some could be missed. I intend to keep my stuff organized myself, save you behind the scenes crew at least some effort.

My automagic comments were more about having it so it was truly automagic, with no crew member having to do it for the author if the author doesn't.

Not that I don't appreciate the work you do, I just think you could probably use a break as much as the rest of us ;)

Abigail Drew.