Anyone with a really good ear?...

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

Sorry everyone, but this song is driving me CRAZY! It came to me this morning as I sat at my keyboard (the music keyboard that is :-)). It just sort of rolled off my hands, but once I started trying to record, it took me another hour to get it to come out right.

Bear in mind this is coming from someone who's only been playing piano for a short while (inside a year as a generous guess, though I've been involved in music in some way or another over half my life), and the software I used is pretty basic (It was free after all :-P) so it's not great. Hopefully someone will recognize it though.

It sounds so familiar, not just because of the four simple chords (C, G, Am, F), but the way they come together with the ornamentation and everything is what makes it sound so familiar.

As an aside, now that I have some basic idea of how to record - even though ideally I'd like to get a line-in cable at my earliest convenience for a more realistic, less tinny-MIDI sound, I'm thinking about recording "The Water's Wide" just to attach to the chapter of Robin where she played it for Katelyn, just to give readers an idea of what I 'hear' when I read/think about that scene.

We'll see. For now, here's a small MP3 version of the song I've uploaded to File Dropper. MIDI does freaky things to my Winamp media player, so I converted it to MP3 for others' convenience :-)

You'll want the "Download This File" button and NOT the "Free Download" button, BTW. I say this because I've fallen for those obnoxiously placed unrelated file downloads on several occasions >_>

I listen but don't play

littlerocksilver's picture

It sounds a bit like John Lennon's, Imagine. Or maybe another of the Beatles tunes.

Girl.jpg
Portia

Portia

That's it!

Zoe Taylor's picture

... or at least it's reasonably close enough that once I looked up the chords, I could see the similarities in the style, even if I had them wrong (which is why it sounded "familiar", but still "off" :-D)

Thanks so much Portia! Now that I know what I'm looking for I can get it out of my head, and hopefully learn to do it justice.

"...and then the day came when the
risk to remain tight in a bud was more
painful than the risk it took to blossom."

-- Anais Nin

~* Queen of Sweetness *~

~* Queen of Sweetness *~

Become a Patron for early access ♥

yeah

Raff01's picture

I've just listened to both and yeah, it's almost like it, just at a slower tempo

Don't feel bad. Go to

Don't feel bad. Go to Youtube and look up 'Axis of Awesome' four chord song

I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

It might be...

Andrea Lena's picture

....Let it Be after the intro?

Dio vi benedica tutti
Con grande amore e di affetto
Andrea Lena

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

I know the feeling zoe.

I know the feeling zoe,earlier today I had Rehabs Bartender aka sitting at a bar song stuck in my head. So I just youtubed it an jamed out,then I had jason aldens She's Country stuck in my head xD. Anyways hope ya get the song outta your head before it drives ya crazy.

Yup, it's...

... 'Let it Imagine'

or maybe 'Imagine it be'

Hugs
Cat

-
You can't choose your relatives but you can choose your family.