Last story posting

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

The story I have just posted will probably be my last as I find it hard to convey my true story and today whilst writing chapter 5 of "Mum's Encouragement" I was in tears as I recalled the start of my journey into the woman I am today. Writing the story stirs up so many memories and I find it very taxing putting my recollections in to words as I am not a natural story writer.

I hope everyone understands. I truly admire the authors on here who in the main write effortless masterpieces. Unfortunately story telling isnt one of my gifts.

I hope you all have a happy and healthy 2009. Happy New Year.

Hugs
Lucy

Mum's Encouragement

Hi Lucy,

I wouldn't want you to suffer so much trying to put your story into words, but I want to tell you that you have done an excellent job so far in the way you have depicted Jo's (your feelings) through the story.

Pleione

Emotions...

Piper's picture

I'm sorry to say I haven't read your story.

But I have written a few things, and honestly, the more emotional I get durring the writing of the story, the better the story turns out.

Emotions are a part of life. Good ones, bad ones, they are all a strong power to be harnessed into some truely creative writing.

But the number one rule I was taught by someone VERY special for me...

"You write for yourself and no one else. If it doesn't make you feel good to pen or print your story, then it's doing you no good."

The smartest person that ever existed on this earth gave me that bit of advice (KimEM), and that same person powers my current writings by way of having made an emotional impact in ever part of my life.

-HuGgLeS- and take care of yourself. If your find the calling to continue, then we will be here.

-P/KAF/PT

TechTalk: A Blog about Geeky Things

"She was like a butterfly, full of color and vibrancy when she chose to open her wings, yet hardly visible when she closed them."
— Geraldine Brooks

Part of the need

For many of us, getting those emotions out is a major portion of why we write. It can be incredibly cathartic. You keep those things buried inside you and they just fester and never get any better. Sometimes you have to drag those things out and expose them to the light of day. Nothing to be ashamed of there.

Whether or not you write another line is up to you. You still have places you can go with this story, and I bet you will find some other things to write about, also. The decision is yours, just don't close any doors you might want to go back through later on.

No goodbyes from me, just a "see ya later".
Take care and God Bless,
Karen J.

"Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid."
Sir Charles Panther

"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

I understand so well

Lucy:

I am one of the mediocre writers here but I can tell you that some of the stories I wrote were extremely difficult to do. So, you may need to give up on it for a while and perhaps come back to it when it feels right to you, if ever.

It is surprising what things get to you and what do not. For some reason, I can not read things about the civil war, and I can not talk about Vietnam in spite of the fact that I was never there; just served at the that time.

Be kind to yourself.

Gwen Brown

well written story

One of the reasons that Hemingway was such a good writer was that he wrote from personal experience.
You claim that story telling isn't one of your gifts, but you write better than most of the authors here who you claim are able to write effortless masterpieces. I hope and pray that you are able to work through your issues and be able to continue this enchanting story.