Update on my FRIEND BILL

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

This is a email his wife set out,I know Bill and Rochelle 25 years I started to cry half was threw reading this THANK YOU all for letting me vent my broken & heavy heart HUGS RICHIE2 Hi All...again, thank you for the continual prayers and messages. Your reaching out does mean the world. Bill remains in ICU. I know many of you have asked if it was okay that you visit. We ask please not to. For many reasons: Bill is sedated, he does not know if you are there or not. The risk of exposure to any other kind of germ is high, he has NO white count to fight infection. Above all, I know that he wants to be remembered for his fun loving being, not the man you see lying there. So with a heavy heart, I ask you to please not go.

Bill is still running a fever. He has been on a respirator and feeding tube since Friday. Before the procedure, I was able to communicate what was going on with him. He was in agreement as long as it wasn't to sustain life. I hope that day does not come. It was a very difficult decision; however, the hope is that his blood counts, especially the white count will rebound up to start to fight this infection. With him being on a respirator, he is able to be sedated. He was not able to before. The doctors believe it is some type of fungal pneumonia. We need to see exactly once the cultures are grown. In the meantime, he is getting whatever meds there are. Whatever the cultures show will be a removal of antibiotics, as he is receiving every type imaginable. The doctors are NOT optimistic at this point; however, it is not at the point to give up either.

I know we look at Bill as being a fighter. G_d knows that he has fought more than any other being I know. I just hope and pray that his soul is resting. One person should not have to endure this type of battle. The next couple of days will be critical. I am trying to find a way to be strong and positive. I can honestly say for the first time in my life I am having a tough time finding a peaceful place. My toolbox should be full of options for dealing; however, when I reach I come up empty...

Just know how much we love and appreciate you guys. I will continue to keep you posted.

xoxo