Titles and Chapters

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

Lots of new writers here so I'm going to hit a few topics that come up now and then.

The Title box is the box on the story form where you put the title of the story. :) Simple, right. You can also put the chapter number and chapter title here and if posting for someone else, you can put the author, and in the case of a Storylink, you can put the site to which it will link.

Other than that, please don't use the Title box for other info. There is a box for Other Keywords on the story form that can be used for messages that you want to appear above the teaser box.

Next, please don't use all caps in the title box. It is less readable than caps and lower case and if you use it, I or one of my editors will have to change it. Use all caps if you like in the story box for your title there, but not in the title box where it appears in red on the front page above your teaser.

Also, don't use quotation marks in the title box. Apostrophe's as needed are okay but not quote marks.

Next, chapters really need to have a certain format for the title box, too. Example: Series Title -1- Chapter Title

That is:

First the series title so that all the chapters get alphabetized together. The series title should stay the same for all chapters to avoid problems.

Second, a chapter number that is a number, not a word or a Roman numeral. Again, this is to make the automatic ordering of chapters work without hand finagling. The number can be set off by punctuation but always use the same punctuation and number of spaces when setting the number off from the main title.

Third, you can have a chapter title.

Again, do it how YOU like in the body of the story but for the Title box on the input form, please use the standards to make things easy on me and my editors.

And thanks a lot for posting your story at BigCloset!

Hugs,
ERin