Proof Readers

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

Was wondering, or perhaps hoping, to find someone willing to proof read my stories before posting?   I've begun to realize (I'm slower than most) that I simply miss too much, and lack a great deal of the basics.

Hugs

Mary Beth

Proofers

erin's picture

Anyone help Mary Beth out?

- Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

I am sure someone will help you MB.

Mary Beth, I am sure a few of your readers here will offer to proof your stories for you. Every writer needs a proofer. Alas, I am swamped myself right now with proofing a few stories for others. I am sure you will get a few offers through this site. The Big Closet is a very helpful and friendly place.

Huggles
Angel

"Be Your-Self, So Easy to Say, So Hard to Live!"

Proofers?

Mary Beth, follow your heart! You have a following and they don't care if you dot your "T"'s and cross your "eye's"! The stories here are not about grammer and punctuation. I know all about that failing! The only fun is letting your mind loose and seeing who connects, the rest is just ..how shall I say...BULLSHIT!

Gwen

Gwen Lavyril

Hugs

Hello Gwen....

Following my heart, fortunately, is something I've been doing for years and just as fortunate it almost always turns out better. Thank you for the kind words as well.

Hugs
Mary Beth

One minute your tying a shoe lace, the next closing a strap. I've always felt sorry for boys who cannot imagine being girls.

Hugs

Hi Angel,

Of that I am sure and thank you for the support.

Hugs
Mary Beth

One minute your tying a shoe lace, the next closing a strap. I've always felt sorry for boys who cannot imagine being girls.

Hugs

Erin, you are, as always, a doll...

Hugs
Mary Beth

Proof reader

Hi, Mary Beth.

I offer myself as a proof-reader/editor - at least for one story. I was initially hesitant because you tend to write long stories, and lately I've been rather busy, but send me one of them. I'll give it my best and show why I did what I did. From what I've read, your grammar isn't so bad - just a few repetitive mistakes and a couple of stylistic issues.

Regards,

Aardvark

"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony."

Mahatma Gandhi

A doll!!!

Aardvark

Thank you, that is very generious, and as soon as I gather up the final parts of my next, I will copy it to you.

Hugs
Mary Beth

Volunteer Proof Reader

Mary Beth

I offer my assistance as a proofreader. Send me a story (or partial) and I'll do my best.

Carla

"May you live in Interesting Times" is a promise, not a threat!

Thank you

Carla, that is very kind of you.

Hugs
Mary Beth

Sounds fun ...

Jezzi Stewart's picture

... and i will help if you like. Do you just want straight proofing for grammar/spelling, or do you also want editing/commentary as well?
Hugs, Jezzi Belle Stewart

"All the world really is a stage, darlings, so strut your stuff, have fun, and give the public a good show!" Miss Jezzi Belle at the end of each show

BE a lady!

Re: Proof Readers

You know, I kind of use this site itself as my proof readers. I post my draft, people critique it, I reread and adjust it as I feel necessary. After all, if I only ever posted final copies of my work here, I wouldn't have ANYTHING. I have little enough as it is, though I may repost some of my older stuff here today, in hopes of resurrecting my ideas. I tend to hit dead ends by making my characters too complete from the start, so they have no room to grow, and I need to fix that in a LOT of my older stories before they can continue.

Anyway, I figure we're all your proof readers, especially those that follow your stories regularly. ^.^

Angie kitn