Katrina

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

Disasters like hurricanes, tsunamis and earthquakes put our lives in perspective. For all of us who have homes, family and friends close by, let us be thankful and humble. For those who have friends or family in the path of the destruction, hope is a lifeline against despair.

For all of us, a donation to the Red Cross or other charity is probably the least we can do, be it ever so small. I can't do much, I'm in the middle of moving with lots of expenses, I'm on a fixed income and I have to ask for donations myself to keep my website up but I will be sending what I can. And if you do donate to the Red Cross, please do not earmark it for a specific use--they will certainly need the money for the next disaster if for some reason they can't use your funds for this one.

Let us all remember what being human means and show compassion for the less fortunate.

- Erin Halfelven

Katrina

The lives of many people have been drastically changed by Katrina. Many had everything they own destroyed and are forced to start over. I can atest to the actions of the Red Cross.

In my community we have five hundred victims housed here in our facilities and have seen how the money spent by the Red Cross has helped to feed and clothe them. Please lend your support to the red cross in this time of need. Also be carefull of any charity that says they support Katrina victims. Make sure your money goes to a reputable charity.

If threre are victims in your neighborhood volunteer your time if at all possible. Thank You.

Love,

Paula

Paula

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

The Coda
Chapterhouse: Dune