Would like a little more story information.

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

Would it be possible to add the story length, in kilobytes, to the story information at the beginning of each story and also wheather or not the story is complete?

Story length and completness are two things I look for when selecting a story to read. Often, I don't have time to read a long story. I also avoid reading stories until the are complete, I have been burned too many times by authors who start a really good story and then lose interest in the story or dissappear altogether.

Thanks,

Mr. Ram

Extra story info...

erin's picture

The approximate size and completeness of the story are available for the author to include in the header (the smaller purple type under the story title.). If something is marked serial or series, it may not be complete unless it is also marked, Final Episode, but things marked Short Story or Novelette, etc., can be assumed to be complete, usually. The categories used are those defined by some publishers. Authors can also add more info in the synopsis box and many do.

This version of the software I'm using does not do an automatic word/byte count but most authors are pretty good about including the info.

If the author does not include enough info for you to risk dling, well, that's their choice, I suppose. I'm always available to help any author who has problems with the input process. :)

Hope this helped. :)

- Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.