When Life decides to be very harsh.

Printer-friendly version

Forums: 

Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

Well, what I was afraid of finally happened.

My only living Great-Grandmother died last week, so I distanced myself from pretty much everyone...my family even thought that I was on the verge of suicide (NOT the case.). She was an amazing person, I honestly thought she was psychic because I would walk into her house, and she would ask me about school and work and I could tell her about my troubles and she would either stop talking about it or smile and tell me that it will get better.

I will miss her so much.

AND life decided at that moment to kill my laptop (7 years old.) which I used for all of my writing, and so as a result. I don't feel all that motivated to write for awhile.

ITT: Great Grandmother died, and Laptop died. ;_; tears were shed.

Lasting Memories

terrynaut's picture

I'm sorry to hear about your great-grandmother.

Try to carry on through your grief and remember all of the good times you shared with her. She'll live on in your heart.

Your laptop sure didn't pick a good time to die. I hope you can recover all of your files. Good luck!

Sympathetic hug

- Terry

*hugs!* (T_T)

It's sad when someone that important to us and who has lived for so long dies. It's good that you had such a great relationship with her.
-Liz

-Liz

Successor to the LToC
Formerly known as "momonoimoto"

So sorry to hear of your loss

When someone elderly dies, it shouldn't come as a surprise or a shock, but somehow, it always does.

It's important to remember that none of us are immortal - even you and I are going to die sometime - and it's worth considering how you would like your loved ones to think about your death. Would you want them to think back with a smile over the good times you've had together, or to go into a depression that leaves others concerned about their well-being?

I'm pretty certain that most people would choose the first, and that probably includes your Great-Grandmother. So live up to how she would like you to react. Look back on the love and joy she has given you, be grateful, and smile.

My Great Grandmother

My greatgrandmother was 82 when she was in a car hit broadside causing her hip to fracture. She was in the hospital for a few days before going into a nursing home near the Atlantic in Carnsie, Brooklyn, NY to recover and heal. The view from the home was fantastic. One thing I remember about visiting her there was her complaint about all the old people in the nursing home.

Lanza, I know you hurt now, but keep the good memories of your greatgrandmother. It is how she will still live.

shalimar