Subliminal Sales

Printer-friendly version

What is happening to the male employees at the new store in town? Suddenly they find themselves preferring women's underclothes!

It was flat here! You could see for miles. I was riding a Clydesdale through the dry terrain of a grain field. We were thundering along, chasing another horse and rider. They appeared to have plenty of speed and stamina to stay in front of us for so long.

The rider I was chasing was a beautiful woman. She knew how to ride too, not a wasted motion, and moving with the horse's gallop instead of flopping about on the saddle. The one thing about her that was out of place was her attire. She had on a long flowing pink dress with taffeta and lace - definitely NOT riding clothes! Another funny thing was that I couldn't remember ever having ridden a horse before.

My shadow was long in front of me as the sun sank slowly to the horizon behind my back. The ride seemed effortless, even for the horse. Something wasn't right. I seemed to be moving much too fast besides, although I wasn't gaining on the lady in question. I saw a discolored patch in the grain stubble up ahead and watched it. Before I knew it, it was right in front of me. It was all so impossible - I had to be going well over 100 miles per hour to advance on the spot the way I did.

When my horse's hoof touched the spot, I was thrown. I don't know why, it wasn't like he tried to throw me, but suddenly I was flying through the air. I landed softly in a small pond. I gave my self a charleyhorse in my thigh bracing for the hard collision that never came.

The surroundings were totally changed - I was in a forest, sitting in a pond ! The horses were nowhere to be seen, though the beautiful woman was sitting on the ground next to the pond, smiling at me.

I must have had a totally bewildered expression, because she smiled again and laughed out loud. She reminded me of someone. She was tall and slender, with long brown hair and brown eyes.

"Where am I?" I Finally managed. "It's a dream, silly! I'm having a ball, it's such fun here!" she responded. Her voice was familiar somehow. In fact, she could have been my sister.

"My name is Mike, what is yours, dream girl?"

She giggled and said "My name is Mike too. Would you please get out of the water?"

I laughed as I stepped ashore, dripping. I sat down beside her and looked at her. She was incredible! A wide pair of hips, narrow waist, slender legs and the swell of a generous bosom were apparent even hidden under that pink dress.

"I know it sounds like a line, but you look so familiar. Have we met before? "
She giggled again and said "Yes, it DOES sound like a line, but I know it's not. We've known each other all our lives, silly!"

"WHAT?! I don't think so ma'am. You DO look strangely familiar, but I would remember if I had known you all my life"

She pulled me close, warm breasts pressing softly against my chest. She kissed me tenderly and held me. She smelled wonderful! She softly explained, "I'm you Mike."

I said softly "what?" - I didn't want to break the spell and cause her to pull away.

"I'm you. All men have a feminine side, just like all women have a masculine side. Most women know this, but most men totally repress their feminine side ." As she spoke, my vision wavered, and kept hearing an insistent beeping noise .

"I'll see you later Mike, it's time for you to go!" she kissed me again, then suddenly everything in my vision began growing rapidly dark.

I gasped for breath, opening my eyes in the dark, groping for that $#%# alarm clock. I silenced it, and sat up in bed. WHAT A DREAM! Geeze! I got up and began getting ready for work.

I adjusted my tie and put my suit coat on, and headed out the door. On the drive to work, I began thinking about the recent job change that had brought me here. I was a computer consultant who had recently moved from Texas to St. Louis to run the Information Systems department of a new retail store. "The Retail Superstore" was actually a pilot project that would become a chain if successful.

I arrived, parked and went inside. I had been here two months now. I walked a circuit through the entire store before going to work out. It had started as my way of getting to know the store layout, but had become a habit now. I would walk another in a couple hours, after the store opened and people were at their stations. For now, I headed to the men's locker room to change.

Each employee had their own locker. Each locker room was well equipped with Jacuzzi, showers, and the usual other stuff. I went on in to the fitness area. There was a racquetball court, complete free weight room, swimming pool, nautilus machines and sauna here.

I passed a couple rows of lockers, and went around the corner to the row mine was in. Gus the maintenance guy was standing naked at his locker with something pink in his hand. He looked startled and guilty somehow, and hastily threw it in the locker and slammed the door. I said "Hi" and opened my locker. He responded and we chatted while I changed. I went to a urinal to relieve myself, when I heard Gus open his locker again. He had apparently already worked out and been about to get dressed when I came in. Something sounded odd about his movements. They were jerky and too fast. It was as if he was shy and was in a hurry to get clothed before anyone saw him.

I finished my workout, showered & got to work. The incident with Gus was soon forgotten.

I was surprised that night when I had another dream similar to the previous night, with the exact same girl. In fact, I dreamed and had discussions with her every night that week.

The following week, I wanted to get some early work done, so I moved my workout hour to a later time in my daily schedule. As a result the locker room was usually busier when I went in. Usually about 10 guys were in there, in various stages of getting ready for, or changing back from workouts.

That Monday, I noticed that one of the guys went to his locker, got his gym clothes, then went into a toilet stall to change to his gym clothes. I smiled to myself, remembering how embarrassed I had been to change in front of the other guys in my early school years.

He did the same thing Tuesday too. On Wednesday, I was watching for it, and noticed that 3 of the guys did it. Weird! Men usually just didn't care about other men seeing them naked.

When I made my store circuit later, something unique happened. I walked into the Lingerie department and started looking at the wall display with all the panties. An odd feeling came over me - I got a little short of breath, and felt oddly warm. "Can I help you Mike?" came Cindy's voice, interrupting my reverie. I jumped a little and said "no, just looking!" She smiled and went back to her register. I was terribly embarrassed, but couldn't resist looking for another couple of minutes at all the beautiful colors of shiny panties. I even reached out and softly stroked a bright red lacy pair. I forced myself to leave then, because I was starting to get an erection.

I shook my head all the way back to my office. I had never done anything like that before! I was your typical male who couldn't be dragged into lingerie departments even by my best girlfriends.

Thursday morning, there were 5 guys who changed in the stall. They actually formed a line outside and each waited patiently for their turn.

Mid morning Thursday found me back in the lingerie section again. I looked at the panties again and got an erection right away. I moved on and looked at all the other items I had always been afraid to look at. Slips, Bras, Camisoles, Nighties and accessories - they all had a strange fascination for me now. Cindy smiled at me as I left the department and said good-bye. I had a big erection this time, and I was pretty sure she knew it too!

That night in my dream, "Mike" and I were walking hand in hand through the streets. We were talking softly, we had become quite close! She said "I wish you would let me out!"

"WHAT?!" I said.

"You're keeping me trapped inside you! I'd like to get out once in a while too. The only time I'm free is when you're asleep. It would be nice if I got to see what the real world was like."

"What on earth are you talking about - you're a dream! How can you 'get out' ?"

"No, I AM NOT A DREAM. I told you before - I'm YOU. Your dreams are the only place where I can talk to you. And I'm only able to do that because of something that happens to you while you're at the office."

"I'm confused - what happens to me at the office?"

"I don't know exactly what, but something you hear at the office is what's making it possible for me to talk to you!"

"How can I 'let you out'?"

"Buy me some of that nice lingerie you keep staring at! I know you want to!"

"Me buy women's undergarments? Not a chance!"

She actually looked angry - I recognized the expression. It was the one I saw on myself if I looked in the mirror when I was mad. I was very difficult to rile, but my anger was terrible once it started up. She pointed at me and my clothes disappeared! I was amazed. She pointed again, and suddenly I had on those red panties with lace I had looked at so many times. I looked so shocked that her anger broke and she laughed. Suddenly she was gone and I was walking through the streets of St. Louis wearing nothing but the red panties. People were looking at me and smiling. I got a hard on. More and more people were smiling at me, and pointing, and whispering to each other. I was breathing heavy, really enjoying the way the panties slid against my raging member as I walked. The crowd parted and there she was, smiling at me. I was really throbbing now! She embraced me and whispered to me "how does it feel to wear panties?"

I tried not to say anything, but replied against my will. "Wonderful!" I whispered back as I filled those beautiful panties with cum. She kissed me, giggled and disappeared.

I awoke with a start. I was sweating profusely, and had soaked the bed. I felt sick. Something was up with me, but I didn't know what. I thought about the dream, then thought about the lingerie department. I got an erection just thinking about all the sexy, silky, colorful things there.

That morning, there were 9 guys in line at the stall. I had a flash of insight. I had a momentary suspicion that they were changing in there so that the other men wouldn't see that they were wearing women's silky underpants. Nah! No way. But Mike had said something about what I was hearing. Oh well, I had to get back to work!

That day I took action in the Lingerie Department. I purchased the red panties I had looked at and touched so often. Cindy smiled at me, and said in a low voice "it's about time Mike! You've been in here looking at those every day for the last two weeks! You've got tremendous willpower! None of the other guys made it past two days of looking - most bought the first day!"

"What other guys?"

"Are you kidding? I think every man who works in the building has gotten into crossdressing in the last two weeks! You are the last."

"What are you talking about Cindy?"

"Don't worry Mike, your secret's safe with me! I know you're buying those panties for you!"

I must have looked terrified! She continued "Don't worry about it! Lots of men do it! You'd be amazed how many men we see in here buying large sizes! There just can't be that many fat women in the world!"

"What do you think is happening, Cindy?"

"I don't know! It started with Gus. He came in here last Monday after working all weekend installing the new white noise system. He seemed uncomfortable, but after he got that look on his face, he bought some pink panties and left. It's happened every day the last two weeks - male employees in here with that same wistful "I wish I could" look, then buying a pair of panties. They come back a couple of days later for more panties, and then buy other stuff, a slip, or a bra."

"That's amazing! Before two weeks ago, did you get a lot of male customers?"

"No. 4 or 5 regulars, and the usual smattering of blushing guys with their women."

"Regulars?"

"Sure - the crossdressers. You'll start to recognize regulars when you work a department consistently. It's hard at first, but the men have nervous mannerisms that you learn to spot. They're usually the ones buying for themselves. You'll see them on and off for several years, during which time they get nervous each time they come in. Then some come right out and tell you that they are buying for themselves. I like it when they do that, because then I can sell them on new items."

"Have your sales to women increased in the last two weeks too?"

"Funny you should ask that - Yes! I hadn't really thought about it, but almost every female who works here has been in too."

"Thanks Cindy" I said as I was paying for my new panties.

"Anytime! Enjoy them!" she grinned mischievously when I blushed.

I put my purchase in my briefcase, but about noon, I couldn't wait! I was like a kid at Christmas. I went to the locker room and went into the stall and put my new panties on. They were incredible! They were so soft and silky! Even more than I had imagined. I was sporting an enormous boner! It felt wonderful to have the silky fabric caressing me. The closest thing I could compare it to was being inside a woman's vagina. I resisted the urge to stroke myself and put my pants back on. I took my old men's underwear to my locker and tossed them in.

In my dream that night, Mike was crying. I walked up and held her, then realized she was happy! "Oh thank you so much for buying me those panties! Do you like them?"

"YES! Actually, I do like them quite a bit!"

She smiled and said "I admire your masculinity!"

"You know I'm wearing women's underwear, and you admire my masculinity?!"

"Yes - it takes balls for a man to go into traditional women's only territory and buy what he wants to buy! Women have no qualms about buying any men's clothing, undergarments not withstanding. Congratulations! It's a breakthrough for you."

I awoke with an erection in my panties. I was so happy, and they felt so good. I gently stroked my throbbing panties with my fingertips, caressing the silky fabric. THAT felt REALLY good! I rubbed faster and faster, loving every minute of it. WHAM! I shot a huge wad of cum into my pretty new panties. It felt great - I had never had such a wonderful orgasm!

I got up and took them off. The thought of going to work without them was distressing, so I took them into the bathroom and dried them with toilet paper, then put them back on. It was then that I realized I would probably be back in the Lingerie department to buy more panties today.

At work I went straight to the locker room. There was already a couple of guys in line at the stall door. Just before I took my pants off, I said "Hi guys! " They looked as I removed my pants. Their eyes widened when they saw my panties. They looked at each other, not knowing how to react.

"It's OK guys! I know you both enjoy wearing panties too!"

One of them, whose locker was next to mine nodded and walked over beside me and took his pants off. The other just stood there in amazement as the first guy's panties came into view. Then he went to his locker and changed, no longer worried about us seeing his panties. "Good!" I said, "Now maybe I'll be able to take a shit without standing in line for 5 minutes!" The other guys laughed.

"Would you guys mind standing there in your panties for about 20 minutes? It'll be much easier for the other guys to understand why they don't have to stand in line."

"That's why there's a line at the john every morning?" asked the guy next to me. "Yes, every single man who works here now wears women's undergarments!"

"Wow! I thought I had turned gay, or something." responded the far guy.

"That's ridiculous! The way someone dresses is unrelated to their sexual identity! It has something to do with the store, and I'm going to find out what!" I responded.

The other guys trickled in one by one. It was fun to watch the comical expressions on their faces when they saw us standing around in our panties. Each guy would see the growing group and silently go to his locker and strip to his panties. About 50% of the guys were wearing other things with their panties. I looked around. All the guys had panties on. There were three guys in camisoles, one in a pretty full slip, A couple with pantyhose and one in a beautiful lace bodysuit. After they were all there, I cracked "Good, now we're all men again! Not afraid to dress and undress in front of each other. Not tying up the stall when I have to take a shit!"

The door opened and Gus walked in. He did a comical double take at the sight of us. He came over and took off his shirt. He had on a pretty beige underwire bra and a beige camisole. He dropped his pants. He was wearing garterbelt pantyhose and a beige half slip. His voice cracked as he said "I don't know what's come over us guys, but I've had the urge to dress like this for the last two weeks!"

"It's OK, Gus, as I was just saying to the other perverts here, I'm going to get to the bottom of it! It has something to do with the store!"

"Perverts!?", the guys intoned. "I'm including myself in that assessment! For Pete's sake, we're all wearing women's underwear! Isn't that a little unusual?!"

They laughed and agreed, the tension broken.

"I think we've been brainwashed somehow. I think we should refrain from wearing any women's clothing until further notice!"

There was dead silence. I grinned "I got 'cha again! Is there anyone here who is honestly NOT thoroughly enjoying wearing women's underthings?"

Dead silence again. "I thought so! Me too! But I'm still going to find out what caused it!"

"Gus, Cindy told me you were the first male employee here to purchase lingerie. It was right after you worked all weekend putting in the new white noise system?"

"Yeah, that's right"

"Show me where the controls of the system are"

Gus went to the door and started to open it.

"WAIT GUS! Maybe we should all put some clothes on first. I think the customers and other employees might be just a little shocked if we all parade through like this!" Everyone started laughing, especially Gus, who could just picture the mass exodus from the store.

After we were dressed, I shooed the other guys off to their posts, and followed Gus. He took me to a locked door. He unlocked it and we went in. It was very interesting. I had an electronics background, so I was able to piece together what was going on. There actually was a "white noise" generator, but it was feeding to a mixing console where it was being mixed with several other signals. The other signals went to auto-repeat cassette audio tape machines. I looked at each one to see what was written on the tape. The first tape was marked "Lingerie Sales". I pointed and Gus looked. His eyes widened. "Is that possible?" he whispered. "Oh, sure, you've heard of subliminal advertising, haven't you?"

I pointed at another deck where "Anti Shoplifting" was running. There were also tapes for "Cosmetics/Beauty Sales" and "Jewelry".

I rolled my eyes and said "Great! This is going to get expensive! I wonder if all the guys have been buying jewelry and cosmetics?" "I don't think so, I haven't" said Gus.

There was a computer in the corner, so I turned it on and a menu displayed. One selection was subliminals, so I chose that. It had the scripts for the subliminal tapes. I looked first at "Anti Shoplifting". It was pretty standard. It had short phrases like "you are an honest person" and "you must pay for all items".

Next I looked at the script for "Jewelry". It said "women enjoy fine jewelry" and similar things.

The script for "Lingerie Sales" however, had a difference. It said things like "you love our lingerie", "you look and feel great in our panties" and "you feel beautiful and sexy in our lingerie".

I showed it to Gus and asked him if he saw the difference. He didn't.

I explained. "The Lingerie Sales script makes no reference to gender, like the Jewelry Sales. The Jewelry script refers to women - the Lingerie sales makes no distinction"

"What?" he said.

"The Lingerie script says "You love our Lingerie" It should say "Women love our Lingerie" The men who are hearing the message are being affected too.

"OH! Man! So all the guys working here have been hearing this for two straight weeks!"

"Abso - flogging - lutely!" I replied.

I cracked all my knuckles and got ready to make changes.

"You're going to fix the 'Lingerie Sales' script?" Gus asked.

I grinned - "Yep."

"Good. My wife is pissed! She thinks I've flipped my wig."

I laughed

"It's a shame though."

"What?"

"We'll all lose our desire to wear lingerie. I kinda like it!"

"I like it too, Gus. Of course, I'm not married, but I don't plan on switching back to men's underwear. These are much too comfortable!"

He grunted approval and left. He left a little too soon. He would have been horrified to see my fingers flying over that keyboard. I removed all references to gender from every single script. There were 25 in all. 10 women's, 10 men's and 5 miscellaneous.

After all, I worked in RETAIL now!

The end.

up
70 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Oh Mike's a stinker!

I won't give a spoiler, but this was a cute humorous work! :) Funny and cute! The twist at the end was a little unexpected but very nice! LOL

Hugs!

grover

repost

thanks for posting this classic. I must have first read it in the dawn of internet time. Still a good-ee tho.

Repost

I've posted this before, but not here. Maybe fictionmania, but I can't logon to check.

Thanks,
Victoria.

Fun Story

But has it occurred? THAT would be interesting to find out.
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Very cute and well written.

Very cute and well written. Highly imaginative. Your ending was perfect.

Mike?!

Oh, that was bad. That was mean. Oh you bad girl, that was both outrageous and brillant. I gave it my highest score. Good work.

I am a grain of sand on a near beach; a nova in the sky, distant and long.
In my footprints wash the sea; from my hands flow our universe.
Fact and fiction sing a legendary song.
Trickster/Creator are its divine verse.

--Old Man CoyotePuma

I am a grain of sand on a near beach; a nova in the sky, distant and long.
In my footprints wash the sea; from my hands flow our universe.
Fact and fiction sing a legendary song.
Trickster/Creator are its divine verse.

--Old Man CoyotePuma

Now if he really wanted to

Now if he really wanted to help it along he should have added a few more lines.
It's perfectly normal for everyone to wear lingerie,
all clothing is now unisex. no one should see anything odd if men wear lingerie and dresses it is now normal clothing for everyone.
It would be wrong for anyone to object to someone wearing whatever clothes they want to.