So, Here I Am - Chapter 11

Printer-friendly version

So, Here I Am
by Hilltopper

CHAPTER 11

Sexual Awakening?

I returned home in time to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas with my parents and sister. I was not too down and was looking forward to going back to college. I had no trouble getting readmitted and started back in mid January. I stayed in the same private dorm again. It did bring back some not too pleasant memories. Plus, I could not wear any women’s clothes. I got a job working in a convenience store and played a lot of golf.

My sister graduated from nursing school in May. She decided to work at the local hospital. We talked things over and agreed to rent a house together for a year. We moved into the house in June. I had my own room and bath. This allowed me much more freedom in dressing. Since my sister was a new nurse, she spent a lot of time at the hospital. I was not taking any classes that summer, so I was home alone quite a bit. Sara was a few inches shorter than me but we had about the same build. I have to admit that her closet of clothes was a temptation that I could not deny. I had a few women’s clothes left and, with the addition of Sara’s, I stayed dressed female most evenings that she worked. I still could not get up the courage to leave the house. By now, I had hairy legs and a very angular face. I did not think I could pass very easily without a lot of help which I did not have.

I had told the college that I planned to apply to medical school. Just before classes were to start in the fall, I was informed that a new hospital that had opened had formed an agreement with the college to help pre-med students. The students would take a short clinical clerk class and then would be hired by the hospital. This sounded good to me so I signed up. After completing the course, I was hired as an outpatient technician. I sat at the front desk in the outpatient area in case anyone came in. Since hardly anyone came during night shift which I worked, I mostly just read and did school work. It was a great job.

I took the MEDCAT test and applied to two medical schools. I did real well on the test. I toured the schools and interviewed. I would have to wait until spring to see if I would be accepted. I continued working at the hospital and took a couple of classes. At the start of spring, I received the letters; two rejections. I had mixed emotions. Part of me was disappointed but another part knew I would not make it in medical school.

I finished the semester and then quit the hospital. I tried working at a factory but only lasted two weeks. I took a job as weekend manager at a small motel. My sister moved to an apartment and we gave up the house. Since I was staying three days a week at the motel, I rented a room in a rooming house. This pretty much ended my cross dressing. I did keep a bra that I wore in my room at times. It kind of soothed me. I started taking flying lessons to have something to do besides playing golf. I felt an amazing calm while up in the air.

A person I was playing golf with one day told me that medical schools liked students that went to graduate school. So, I applied and took the Graduate Record Exam. I was accepted and decided to take two classes the first semester. I also hired back onto the hospital, this time as a clinical clerk on a regular floor. I also kept my motel job.

I had been at the hospital about three weeks when two new graduate nurses, Carol and Karen, started on the floor I worked. We were working the night shift so had a lot of time to talk. We got on real well. Carol found out that I was a weekend manager at a motel.

“John, would you mind if Karen and I come over to your motel some time to swim?”

“Sure, that would be OK.”

“Great, how about this Saturday?”

”OK, just let me know what time.”

Around 1 PM on Saturday, Carol called to say they would arrive at 2:00. When they came into the lobby, I went over to them.

“Hi. I’ll show you the pool. I turned to the desk clerk, “I will be at the pool if you need me.” He looked up and smiled a knowing smile. I led them to some chairs by the pool. They took off their cover-ups and sat down at the edge of the pool, dangling their legs in the water. This was the first time that I had even been close to girls wearing just bathing suits. It was causing a strong feeling in me. I think that I was actually starting to feel an attraction to them. Karen was looking especially great to me. I knew I had to leave before I made a fool of myself.

“You all enjoy swimming. I have some work to do. I’ll come back later.”

With that, I made a rapid exit. I went to my room and sat down hard. For the first time, I was feeling almost horny. This really shocked me. Was I attracted sexually to Karen and Carol? I waited about an hour and then went back to the pool. They were getting ready to leave.

“Thanks for letting us use the pool. It was great.” said Carol.

I kind of stuttered a “your welcome” and they left. When I went to work at the hospital on Monday, Carol came up to me.

“I really enjoyed using your pool Saturday.”

“My pleasure.”

“Would you like to come over to our apartment for supper tomorrow?”

This was the first time a girl had invited me anywhere. I realized I had no reason to say no.

“OK, I would like that.”

“Wonderful. See you at six.”

I kind of worked the rest of the night shift in a daze. When I went home, I could not go to sleep I knew this wasn’t a date since both girls would be there. I guessed they were just thanking me for letting them swim. I finally went to sleep and woke up a little before five. I arrived at the girl’s apartment right at 6 o’clock. When I knocked on the door, Carol opened it. I walked in and noticed soft music was playing.

“I’m glad you could come.”

“Hey, no problem. Where’s Karen?”

“Oh, she had to go to work today.”

“Well, we can do this some other time.”

“No, no! I’ve got every thing arranged.”

It was then that I saw a blanket spread on the floor with some candles lit beside it. I thought, ‘Oh man, this is a date’.

”Just lie down on the blanket and I will bring us some finger food.”

So, we ate and talked some. She kept getting closer. I was not really sure what to do. She suddenly leaned over and kissed me on the lips. I guess I must have looked shocked after all it was my first kiss.

“You look a little pale.”

“I’m OK. I just ate a little too fast is all.”

Just then, the phone rang. I thought, ‘saved by ma bell’. When she came back into the room, she had a down cast look.

“I have been called in to work.”

“Oh gee, I’m sorry. Do you want me to drive you?”

“Would you?”

“Sure.”

“OK, give me about 15 minutes.”

I drove her to work in my MGB with the top down. She seemed happy in spite of going to work. When we arrived at the hospital, I turned to her.

“Thank you for the meal. You know I really like both you and Karen.”

She got a strange look on her face and exited the car without saying anything. Of course, without knowing it, I had said a relation ending statement. I thought lot about the evening when I got home. I liked both Carol and Karen but I think that I really liked Karen more. The kiss had caught me off guard but it was pleasant. I even felt some stirring below. Maybe, just maybe, I might be finally getting somewhere sexually. I mean, after all, I am 25 years old.

I did not see either Karen or Carol over the next month. I was now working on a different floor than they were. I could feel my depression returning. I was playing golf with one of the other biology graduate students one day when he suddenly looked at me a little angry.

“How come I have to go to seminar each Friday and you don’t.”

“What?”

“Each graduate student is required to attend a seminar held each Friday and have to give one of them. I have not seen you there yet.”

I had never heard this before. I just shrugged him off. Later, I got to thinking, ‘I am screwing up again.’ It was my depression talking more than anything but it made me lower than ever. So, I stopped going to class. Of course, this meant two F’s and no chance to reapply to medical school. I threw myself into my flying lessons and avoided everyone over the winter. My depression was almost smothering me. In December, I was flying a solo cross country when I got stuck in a town about 60 miles away due to weather. It was after sunset before the snow let up. I was not qualified to fly at night and it would be pretty dark by the time I arrived back at my airport. I decided ‘What the heck. It really doesn’t matter whether I make it or not. No great loss’. So, I took off. My instructor was standing on his head when I arrived at the airport. I landed with no problem but it was a stupid thing to do and he told me so. At the beginning of March, my instructor signed out for me to take the flight test. The tester was nice and I guess I did everything right because, when we landed, he said, “Congratulations. You are now a private pilot.” That was the only bright spot I had experienced for a while. I felt good for a short time, but it did not last long. The next week, I was flying alone and thinking about how messed up my life was. I had seen a flyer on the Peace Corp. I decided that the best thing for me to do was disappear and joining the Peace Corp would do just that.

up
44 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

So, Here I Am - Chapter 11

This story is so sad, yet there is a bit of hope, as well.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Yes it is, but...

...he is about to find out how most of the world lives, and it will be so horrible it will shake him out of his depression at least !

Briar

Briar