Alice

Printer-friendly version


Alice



by Belle Meade

I met Alice right after I split up with a girl who I still care too much about to mention without crying. And I don't cry, damn it. Alice saw me at my worst; pre-me...I was a premie, get it? Why aren't you laughing. Not funny. But I was like a neo-nate (not nanite); born a bit too soon as Belle before I had gotten Bruce sufficiently stuffed in a trunk to dump off of the Bay-Tunnel. (Shhh...that's a metaphor)

Alice loves me. Nothing I've ever done has ever pushed her away. She knows where the 'nads are buried and still she said yes. She says I'm pretty when I know I'm not. Even now I hate the way I look. She cuddles and tells me I'm wrong about me. It's the only debate I've ever lost where I felt good afterward. She cares about everyone more than herself, which is what makes me want to be better. I'll never be pretty and I'll never be sexy, but she has made me kinder and nicer to be around. She loves me and I love her. Not a terrific telling of a story, I'll wager, but a damn fine story to tell!

up
58 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

A Perfect Telling

because it comes from the heart. The core of who you are and how you feel comes through... so that's exactly what this is. A perfect telling of the story.

Alice

sounds like a most wonderful person to know. You are very fortunate to have her as a friend.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Thanks,Belle,

ALISON

"She loves me and I love her".Says it all! Just sweet and beautiful.

ALISON

What they said.

Angharad's picture

Loving and being loved are the greatest riches we ever experience, yet we spend our lives chasing money! Go figure...

Angharad

Angharad