One Day at St. Charles part 2

Printer-friendly version

George entered the Nurse's office. "Hello? Sister Catherine sent me..."

"I got a call from the office. But I was expecting George Watson."

"Um. That's me."

"George? That's an unusual name for a girl."

"Uh, I'm not exactly a girl..."

Her eyebrows raised as she looked over the child.

"We can talk about that later if you want to. Right now, I need to check you over to make sure you survived that paddling." She paused with a grin, "Or am I talking to your ghost?"

That managed to get a smile and a small laugh out of George.

"No, ma'am. I'm alive. I'm just not sure how well I'll be sitting for a while." He winced as he reached back to try to rub the area under discussion.

"I'm going to have to examine the um... 'affected area'. Which means you'll have to get at least partially undressed, dear. Since you say you 'aren't exactly' a girl I could get one of the male teachers in here to make sure everything is OK while I examine you?"

George was uncomfortable with the idea of the exam, but having one of the few male teachers seeing him that way, and in this outfit... No.

He swallowed and said, "N-no. I'm OK with it just being you, ma'am."

The nurse nodded. "OK, in that case, go over to the exam table while I lock the door so no one walks in in the middle of things."

George went over to the padded table and watched as the nurse locked the door.

She turned back to George. "I think the easiest way to do this would be for you to bend over the table, flip up the back of your skirt and lower your underwear enough for me to see the affected area. Think you can do that?"

George looked nervous, but nodded.

"OK, let's be about it."

As George bent over he muttered, "Funny, you don't look like Duchess Harrington..."

He discovered he'd said it a bit louder than he'd intended when the nurse said, "No, and I don't have a treecat to help me either. Pity, it'd come in handy."

George couldn't help snickering at that.

"Enough of that, let's see the damage."

George slowly pulled up the back of his skirt while trying to wrap his mind around the nurse liking his favorite books.

"Well, I guess you weren't kidding about not exactly being a girl. Unless you swiped your brother's underwear for some reason?"

"Uh, I don't have a brother..."

"Just wondering... Now, please lower the underwear "

As George awkwardly tried to comply, she asked "Would it be easier if I did it? I'm afraid you might fall over. This isn't the way I'd normally do things... and it's not working very well."

"I guess it might work better if you did."

"All right then." She carefully grasped the left and right sides of the waistband and pulled backwards, sliding her fingers under the waistband so it wouldn't drag across his buttocks as she lowered the briefs.

She let go when they were halfway to George's knees.

"OK, you are pretty red, but there's no bruising. Which is pretty much the way it should be after a paddling. You might want to straighten up carefully and gently poke at things to see if any spots are extra sore. If there are they might need looking at."

As George carefully straightened up, the nurse got a brief flash from between his legs. "OK, not physically a girl anyway. Mentally, I'm not so sure." was her thought.

After a few tentative feels around his butt George said. "It's all pretty sore, but nothing seems to be extra sore right now."

"OK, be sure to come back if anything gets extra sore before the end of the day. I'll give you a note for your teacher."

As she was saying this George had reached down and carefully pulled his briefs back up.

"Now, that I've checked to be sure you are physically OK, we need to deal with the dress code stuff." She opened a cabinet and took out several uniform skirts.

"See which of these come closest to fitting, then change into one of them."

At George's look of embarrassment she said, "Either try them on over the skirt you are wearing, or you can use the back room." She pointed at the doorway to a small room with a bed.

George chose the back room. As he disappeared into it, the nurse started the paperwork. The report about the exam was the easy part. She just noted that there was no apparent bruising or other injury. Which meant that it was within the guidelines.

She wasn't sure what she'd be putting down on the "psych" part. She wasn't a trained therapist, though she'd had some training to help spot students with emotional problems. George seemed to be in fairly good shape, all things considered.

But a boy suddenly coming to school in a girl's uniform, especially with decently applied makeup wasn't exactly normal. Then again, in spite of what many in the Church thought, it wasn't wrong either, just out of the ordinary.

She was still thinking about the few notes she'd been able to make when George came back out wearing one of the loaner skirts. He was taller than the typical girl his age. And a lot of it was in his legs. Which was how he'd gotten in trouble. His sister's skirt's hem had been a lot farther above the knee on him than it had been on her. Because of this, the loaner skirt, which was almost ankle length on typical girls was mid calf on him.

She ran a critical eye over him. The makeup still had to go and the blouse was still badly wrinkled. She came to a decision.

She got up and hand him a box of wipes. "Here, these should get that makeup off without too much trouble. You can use the bathroom. Pass out your blouse, and I'll see if I can touch it up with the iron I have in the closet."

A short while later, a much more presentable George was standing before the nurse.

"Well, you look much more presentable now. Even without makeup."

She continued, "We need to talk about a few things, if you can. You should sit down. But do it slowly, and even if it hurts don't bounce back up, that'll just make it worse. Just keep going down slowly."

George took her advice. It was painful, but bearable. Sort of like getting into a too hot bath.

Finally he was sitting down. He tried to squirm to get more comfortable and quickly found it was a bad idea.

The nurse gave him a sympathetic look.

"OK, now I'd like to ask you some questions. You don't have to answer, but it'd help if you can. Help you as well as the school staff."

George looked uncertain. "Uh, OK, I guess."

"First off, you don't normally come to school dressed as a girl, do you?"

"No, ma'am." George hung his head.

"It's not anything to be ashamed of. Remember, you got paddled for the makeup and other uniform errors, not because it was a girls uniform. OK?"

George risked looking back up. The nurse seemed to be serious.

"Now, did someone make you wear that uniform?"

"No..."

"I didn't think so, but we needed to know."

"This wasn't the first time you've worn girls clothes is it?"

George was scared of admitting it, but then again, if he didn't admit it he was afraid things would keep on like they had been. Or get worse. The struggle was clear on his face. Finally he answered. "N-no."

"Could you tell me about it?" The nurse was very careful to not push. She knew she had to convey the impression that she'd be willing to listen, but not come across as demanding an answer.

After a halting start, it came pouring out.

George had been interested in girls clothes almost as long as he'd known there was a difference. But he'd been afraid to say anything. Eventually, he'd started sneaking chances to dress up.

It'd all built up and last night something had snapped. He still wasn't sure it had been the brightest thing he'd ever done, but he'd done it. And now he had to live with the results.

"What am I gonna tell mom & dad?"

The nurse held his hand. "The truth is good."

George stared at her. He couldn't...

"Your parents are good people, aren't they?"

George nodded slowly.

"Well, then they aren't going to do anything bad to you."

George still looked uncertain.

"I imagine this will be a bit of a shock to them, but are you really afraid of what they might do?"

George started to answer and then stopped to think...

up
175 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I thought this

Sounded familiar, but I had to reread ch 1 to be sure. Well hopefully the worst of the physical is done. Now we see how the parents react. An does George get the support needed.
Thanks

St. Charles Elsewhere

Good story and I look forward to more. Would like the chapter to last a little longer, but I do enjoy the writing.

Risk telling those close to you now, or it may be stuffed for many years.

Hugs, JessieC

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Well, that was where it

Brooke Erickson's picture

Well, that was where it wanted to end.

And a "good" point to pause as George pauses for thought.

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks

You should continue

This really got my interest, such school might be pleasure to attend. And that Honor Harrington remark had me smile. BTW, I wouldn´t mind to see some TG Honorverse fanfiction either. To story side, I am really curious where you will take it. Keep going!

Good so far

Renee_Heart2's picture

Please keep going.

Love Samantha Renee Heart

Hi Brooke!

It's nice to see your muse is inspiring you to write a little again! Sounds like George might have an allie in the School Nurse, she seems simpathetic to his desire to dress en femme. Please do continue soon with this nice tale. (Hugs) Taarpa

Honor Harrington is one heck

of a Lady. David Weber created one of the best Military Science Fiction series in the Honorverse http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honorverse and it's main character Honor Harrington http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honor_Harrington Anybody who is linked to her has been paid a high compliment. Sister Catherine sounds like a lady who the students can trust. Hope that Georgie's parents will listen to her like the nurse is.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Interesting story concept and

I loved the referance to David Weber's Honor Harrington series of books. Weber is one of my favorite sci-fi authors. While I don't have a tree cat named Nimitz, I do have a small calico cat named Maya who likes to ride around sitting on my right shoulder.

Hugs,
Tamara Jeanne

Unique!....

... and that's saying something in this genre! well done for finding a new angle - that's demanding of further expansion..... please! xx