In Plain Sight

Printer-friendly version


In Plain Sight

*Disclaimer:* In Plain Sight is an American dramatic television series on USA Network. I'm just a fan of the show. Special thanks to Patricia Marie Allen for her help with the dotting of the i's and crossing the t's.

Albuquerque, NM, office of the Federal Witness Security Program (WITSEC), more commonly known as the Federal Witness Protection Program.

Marshal Mary Shannon takes a seat at her desk next to Marshal Marshall Mann, before her in the conference room she could see her boss Marshal Stan McQueen, Eleanor Prince the WITSEC office manager, and Special Agent Michael Faber seated at the large table. Across from them was a couple with a young teenage tomboy girl. The 'father' appears to be in his late twenties early thirties, tall and good looking. The 'mother' also seems to be in the same age group as the man, and by her logic she estimates the girl to be 14 or 15.

Taking a slip of her morning coffee she asked, "So Marshall, what we got here?" Breaking his eyes away from the conference room, he turned to her and replied, "A really strange unusual case of bonding buddies I have ever seen?" His look peek her curiosity, "how so?" "Well they both served in the armed forces, two tours in Afghanistan, where both were awarded the Silver Star and purple hearts." Her eye brow lifted on that as she took another slip of her coffee, "Well how did they end up here?" "Well they were in Washington, DC to receive the Medal of Honor." Coffee almost came out her nose, "what! medal of honor, there never been a women recipient before, what did they do?!".

Looking at the conference once more, he replies, a smile across his face, "They were a part of a Long Range Desert Group whose missions were deep penetration, covert reconnaissance patrols and intelligence missions, and one of the best sniper teams with over 225 confirm kills". Mary's brow shot way up and the look at her partner only made Marshall smile even bigger. But before he could explain any further, there was a gentle tap on the glass wall of the conference room nearest them. Looking up they can see their boss motioning for them both to join the other in the room. Back in the conference room they all hear Mary's exclaims, "What! She a he!?" Then another just as Marshall opens the conference room door, "What! The Girl, No way!"

A laugh and giggle from the young lady, brings Mary's full attention onto her, where she see this girl lean forward across the table, her breast and pigs tails briefly touching its surface. "WAY!" Another giggle, and she hold out her hand to the man near her, "Pay up Jim," looks from the "mother', and quickly correcting herself, "Daddy!" The 'father' reaches into back pocket, pulled a wallet out and retrieved a 10 spot from it passing over to the young lady. He said, "Don't spend it in one place," as he put his wallet back in his hip pocket. A giggle from her as she puts the money in a pocket on the jumper she is wearing.

Marshal Stan McQueen looks at the FBI agent with a questionable look, Special Agent Michael Faber answer that look, "if you would Stan, please brief them on our witnesses that they will be protecting," whereas Stan begins to brief Mary and Marshall.

STAN, "Mary, Marshall knows most of this already as he was the Deputy that went to pick them up in DC. So mainly this is to get you up to speed with him. Please meet Markus Scott and Jim
Peterman, both met while in the service, Jim," wave of a hand toward the 'father', "was from the South, where as Markus" again a wave of the hand, "was from the southwest. Both have saved each other life more times than they will admit. Markus was the sniper and Jim the spotter." Mary's mouth just kept dropping and dropping as Stan continue with the briefing. "Just before completely their second tour they managed to take out the #2 man of al Qaeda and his entire entourage, but were trapped for over 24 hours before they were rescue, in that time they manage to take out over 300 Taliban soldiers that were trying to overrun the mountain top they were sitting on".

Mary, "Wow!"

Stan, a smile on face, said, "Yeah, that was my first word when I got my briefing yesterday. It seems Markus and Jim were in DC to receive the Medal of Honor from the President and were on a 24 hour pass after, chasing skirts as they said in their statement to the FBI, when they witness a drive by shooting, turns out it was a hit on a very powerful drug lord and the boys manage to ID every key member involved in the hit. Because of their testimony several key member of this cartel are now behind bars for a very long time, but there is a major problem, the cartel has place a HUGE bounty on both and with the Jihad on them from the Taliban it was decided to put them in WITSEC."

"Why the father, mother, daughter?" Mary asks.

"Well both were offer locations nowhere near each other and both refused stated that they were family, 'bros' so to say, and wanted to remain together in WITSEC, the power that be flat refuse that till they were showed a photo of the two on Halloween".

"It's because of that photo that I am here with these two."

"Mary, meet Special Agent Barber Watts. Our temporary mother/wife of our juvenile and father, the photo is this one of a Batman, a Batwoman, and a Batgirl." He slid it over to Mary and Marshall. "The woman in the picture is Jim's Ex-girlfriend, and Batgirl is Markus. Jim's ex was a makeup artist and now works in Hollywood. When this picture was showed they decided to go with a crazy idea that Jim and Markus had. However Jim's ex has refused to join the pair, reasons being her career in Hollywood is skyrocketing out of sight, so Barber Watts was added to give the general appearance of a family to the world, since her height, size was the same as the woman in the photo and to give this young lady a mother that would teach her the basic of being a female".

"Yeah, the drill sergeant been very good at making sure I walk the straight and narrow, dot my i's and cross my t's. Mary let me introduce my parents, Tim & Barber Crawford; I'm Cindy Crawford, their 14 year old daughter."


END PART ONE?

up
118 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Interesting idea

D. Eden's picture

Just a little hard to believe that "Markus" can pass as a 14 year old girl. I like the idea, but having him as a teenager is really pushing the envelope.

On the other hand, it does lend the story a lot more opportunities!

I would really enjoy seeing where this goes.

Dallas

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

Sorry, just something I saw

Sorry, just something I saw in one of my granddaughters. She is a really very pretty young lady, who is a tomboy that loves to hunt and fish with her father, both are good with rifles {my son}, and she is only 14 but looks older then her big brothers.

We just need to think outside the box sometimes.

I agree

I don't know the show at all, so I'm sure I missed a lot of this because the content is totally foreign to me. However, I also question the ability of a U.S. Army soldier, particularly one that was in a sniper team (extremely fit & strong, those guys generally have a pretty good set of muscles) to pass as a fourteen year-old girl. Sorry.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

read the reply above for my

read the reply above for my answer.

Not all soldiers are 6'2", when I enlist back in 1972, I was just under 5'8" and 120lbs wet. I was in the inf and carried some of the heavy weapons we had back then. I sure did not gain any weight carrying all that weight in the rucksack and I was like a small child compare to the bigger soldiers around me. Yet I was a far better shot then most. Very few could beat my scores on the rifle range back then.

But

Were you a member of an elite sniper squad?


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

I wish, but alas

I wish, but alas no

http://www.a-1-6.org/1-6th%20site/1st%20bn%206th%20inf%20web... (Not me)

M67 recoilless rifle

My first assignment was in a weapon Plt, 1st Air Cav Div, and this was the weapon assigned to me. my ammo carrier was over 6' and in training he carried empty tubes on a frame, (our ammo) that sat over the top of his rucksack, the weapon weight close to 40 lbs and was a bear to carry. Most of my time in service was during the COLD WAR period, before the Berlin wall came down and after. We sat and stared at them. The closest I came to get shot was while station in Panama, back in 1974 when we still had the canal zone there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M67_recoilless_rifle

You should have heard him cry when told to spell me on the weapon, and he would often ask if I was ready to take it back. I was a very good shot with that weapon. Today that weapon is still in used by units all over the world. you can check that on Wikipedia.

LRDG

The use of LRDG (Long Range Desert Group) brought back a lot of memories for me. My Father was a Sergeant in the LRDG 1941-43.
We went on Holiday to Tunisia one year and he showed us a few of the places he'd been even down to one of the buildings he straffed when is was a German HQ. I didn't know the US had purloned that name from us Tommies... Is nothing sacred :)

Great story and one that I've often thought about writing as I likes the TV show as well despite it being shown in the early morning on ITV over here.

i was in the royal navy then

i was in the royal navy then merchant navy i have met a few tran girls who served not all are 6.6 260 lbs. some pass easily some dont just like civies