Labor Day Weekend at the Beach 2 – More Beach Time and a Surprise

Printer-friendly version


Labor Day Weekend at the Beach
2 – More Beach Time and a Surprise


By Jessica C


A bet comes due...
Due to circumstances, Nicole stays around longer than planned...
Nick as Nicole wears a women's swimsuit...

Layla did say, “She’s missing one thing and I have a pair that would look especially good on her.”

Teri turns and asks me, “Are you open to that?” I wasn’t sure what they were talking about, but said, ‘I thought so.’ Someday I’ll learn not to reply so quickly, and to ask questions.

Layla had left the room and was soon back. I soon realized, I agreed to wear earrings. I did ask, “The holes will soon heal won’t they?”

I was surprised by how particular they were in getting it right and how quick they were able to do it. I said, “I feel like I am putty in your hands, and every time I look again I’ve changed.”

When I went to my bedroom to get dressed, I learned I was sharing the room with Teri. When I protested, I lost again. Mitch was emphatic that I was not sleeping with them. Teri said, “It’s not like we’re sleeping together, and I’ve already seen you.” She showed me the pair of Teddy-bear pajamas they purchased for me.

I had already seen in the bathroom that I had tan lines from wearing a two-piece bathing suit. I had seen boys before in locker rooms who kept on undershirts. I now wondered if something like this might ever have been why.

Having straps on my shoulders and a skirt rubbing my legs were new experiences for me. But they weren’t bad feelings. The air and skirt around my legs were actually pleasant. I didn’t stare, but I did watch that time as Teri got dressed and ready. She even remarked, “You’re watching to see how I do it aren’t you? You seem to like how I look?”

I hadn’t realized I was that obvious until she mentioned it. Since I was there and she caught me, I confessed yes. I said, I have three sisters and I always wondered about how they and Mom got themselves fixed up as they regularly do.”

Teri had come back from the shower with a large towel around her, and she put on her panties while the towel was around her and let the towel fall as she was turned away from me. She hooked her bra on in the front and brought it around to nestle her breasts in the cups. I could tell it was simple, yet took some thinking. I liked the cami she put on and decorative slacks. Before I could say anything, she said, “You’re wearing the dress to remind you that you’re in girl mode.”

She put on eyeliner and mascara that she had with her. I said, “Wow, that really brings your eyes out. It looks fantastic.”

She responded, “I could do something similar for you, but I didn’t want to push it on you.” She then did my eyelashes a deep blue with a dark eyeliner where I hardly knew there was any blue, but it was a nice accent.

When we went out to the living area, Mitch commented, “That’s why he’s not going to be in with us.”

Talia who arrive late, said, “He, she has my respect. She’s kept her promise and looks good to boot.” She said to me, “Save me a dance later.” I wanted to say I wasn’t going to the dance, but I was tired of getting into arguments since I hadn’t won one all day.

Julie stopped at our apartment to pick us up. I was asked to sit up front with Julie and Teri sat in the back next to Debbie. Julie commented, “Who taught you how to sit in a car with a skirt?” Sadie had mentioned it, but I had told her I had also seen my sisters with mom reminding them. “Well, you did your Mom proud.”

Three of us had small shrimp appetizers as we waited for the main course. Mine was a white fish on a bed of rice with asparagus. I asked about her son and what if he wanted to be a girl later on.

“My husband Jon and I agreed we’d talk with James sometimes about it. That is part of the reason we named him James. Jaime wouldn’t be too big of a stretch if we needed to change things… How about you, I know you said you’re doing this because of a crazy bet you lost? However, and I think others will agree you make an exceptional girl for saying you’re not.”

I didn’t realize we were talking about me when the waitress came by. “Oh my,” she said, “I’m sorry but you make an awesome girl, I can’t believe…” Finally, she caught herself and stopped talking. I guess I rolled my eyes and Julie took my hand apologizing she had said it.

Julie complimented how nice my eyes looked and then when I held her daughter Debbie on my lap, and how well I was with her. She asked if I did any babysitting and I confessed to covering for an older sister twice, and being asked another few times. Julie said, “Seeing how you are with Debbie I thought you might have.”

“Are you enjoying this experience,” she asked? I paused, thinking both of me and what Teri might say. Finally, I owned up to it, “Strangely enough, though I might not confess that with others… I was surprised when it started and almost panicked. But Teri was kind of neat in how she helped me... You didn’t mock me or try to make it worse. It was like you quietly helped me step by step. Sadie and the others were like that. I was afraid people on the beach would stare or make fun of me. But it was like no one noticed me; all I saw was boys looking at you girls.”

=^_^=~


“I had been walking backward until I was warned late about little Debbie being there. I kind of stumbled, falling near her. She was cute and asked if we’d play with her. Getting girl clothes and being asked by her. All have made it an interesting day.”

Julie asked, “Are you doing this all weekend?” Teri said, “Yes.” I said, “No.” I backtracked, “I guess I am tonight. The guys don’t want me with them until I change clothes tomorrow.”

Julie said, “Well, I hope we see Nicole tomorrow. I am thankful we met you today.” Julie asked Debbie what she thought, and Debbie said, “You take me in the ocean tomor’wo?”

I only said, “If I see you and your mother says it is okay.”

Julie said, “We’ll be looking for you.”

Julie took us to the boardwalk near our bungalow and the four of us enjoyed the ocean breeze and the sounds of the waves. Teri said, “The cutlets serve your silhouette well against the evening sky.” Julie giggled, “I was thinking something similar.”

Debbie was in my arms and wanted me to go home with her. Emotions tugged at me, probably as much with Debbie but I knew to act like an adult.

=^_^=~


Once back at their rental, Talia pushed Teri and me to change and get ready. There were two outfits in Teri and my room, neither I wanted to be mine. The pink leather miniskirt was longer and the silvery blouse went along well with it, but I was not ready for either. Talia brushed some volume into my hairdo, sprayed it, and finished styling it.

I was given several metal bracelets for one wrist, two rings, and a silver necklace that felt nice and cool around my neck. I transferred the few things I had to my shoulder purse. I stepped into some heels though they were not very high, just more than enough for me. We giggled. I hoped I didn’t get carded as my i.d. and license both had Nick’s picture. It was our second stop that allowed me in, though it was not for a lack of i.d. checking. The doorman said, “You pass good enough, just don’t mislead anyone.”

He did require me to say if I was transgender or a crossdresser. I whispered, “A T-woman if it’s any of your business. Please don’t hassle me.” The band I and others got permitted us to drink.

I sat deep into the bench table not wanting to be asked to dance. But it was Talia who had me first up and dancing. Talia said, “Let me kind of lead and you mimic me.” Talia was as big as me and we enjoyed a couple of dances. She was easy enough to follow. We were on our way back to the table when Teri came by and introduce me to Troy. And Troy taking my hand took me back out to the dance floor. I tried saying ‘No,’ but stammered my words and followed Troy to the dance floor.

He said, “I’ve seen your girlfriends at another beach, but I didn’t remember you.” I tried to talk as little as possible and smile just enough, hopefully, not too much. I handled the first dance, okay, but the second dance slowed down. The third dance his hands began to drop; I simply said, “You’re not getting to know me that well.” He grinned and brought his hands back up saying, ‘Sorry.’

I was okay most of the night sitting with our group. Then the guys from the beach found us, and I mistakenly gave a knowing smile to Harris whom I had met. We were walking to the dance floor when he asked if we could get some air. We both talked about sports and he liked that I knew sports fairly well. We were leaning against the boardwalk railing when something came over me. I was wanting to know what it felt like to be kissed by a guy as though I were a girl.

I didn’t say anything but just turned to him with my back to the railing. Then he leaned in and kissed me. A second kiss was a bit more passionate. I felt both guilty and enjoyed it. My mind sobered some on the second kiss as I felt part of his tongue. I couldn’t be angry as my lips were open in response. We had gone back in and danced before I returned to the table.

Teri took me to the women’s room and I wondered if she was just guessing that I needed to go. Once back to the sinks, she said, “You need to repair your makeup.” I knew that she knew I had kissed someone. She smirked and shook her head at me. “We’ll talk later.”

It was a little after midnight we were all back at the house and I thought I was done for the night. The other women corrected me, telling me, “You’re not done. You need to learn to take off your makeup, take care of your skin and pin up your hair.”

It was kind of a blessing as I needed to unravel from the day before I could sleep. Taking off the makeup was a learning experience, cleansing my skin and moisturizing it was a bit of a chore. My hair wasn’t a big deal, but I worried about sleeping with pins in my hair. We each sipped small glasses of wine. Wiggling my toes and fingers, someone said, “They’re attractive aren’t they.”

Without thinking, I said, “I could get used to it.” The others looked at me. “No, I’m not going there, but it is nice that they look pretty.”

Teri said, “Come on, Nicole, sleeping beauty needs her sleep.” I really didn’t remember it, but Teri said I became teary when we went to bed. She cuddled me and I relaxed and fell asleep. I rolled over and found myself face to face with Teri.

I whisper, “You smell so nice.” I thought she was asleep, but she said, “Mm, you too.” There was a kiss and we became romantically involved. She wasn’t worried about my manhood since it was confined.

“Just enjoy yourself.” Gone was the pressure to perform, I relaxed, and we did enjoy our time together. Kissing, petting, and the warm presence of the other.

Teri and I both needed showers in the morning and we took terrible ribbings from the other. Mitch said, “That’s the first good thing that came out of this for you.” Teri told me, he was only guessing.

I was given another two-piece swimsuit and worse I was given a short miniskirt and small top. I stopped at the door, saying, “You can’t force me to do this.”

Sadie said, “You’re not being forced. But you were the one who got already before you say anything just now.” She and the other women smile, “We’d like to share another day with you.”

I grab my floppy hat, put on my girly sunglasses, and make my way to the van. We’re early enough to get our pick of spots. It’s a little closer to the ocean, over a little further hopefully not to be as crowded. It is nice to be in the water early and feel the crisp cool water and one’s skin tingling. Back on shore, we use the skin block it is the first time I realize it is weaker sunblock than I regularly use.

When I laid down to tan, Talia unhook the back of the top and renewed the sunblock. “Did you ever think this would happen to you?” She sat in a small lounge chair next to me and began reading. It was fifteen minutes later she hooked my top and said it was time to turn. After another fifteen minutes, I was up and ready to go back in the water.

Camilla said, “Would you mind swimming out further with me?” We first swam out a hundred yards, but the tide was out so after standing a little while, we swam another hundred yards or so. Finally, we heard a whistle and saw a lifeguard waving us back in. It was nice talking to Camilla; it was like I was half girl to her and half probing from a guy's point of thinking. She was bright, attractive, and very easy to get along with. One of her parents was from Puerto Rico and that likeness showed. I said, “It’s not fair, is it?”

The group since we were in high school knew others view her using a double standard. I guess I’ve matured a little and she talked about how she felt about such things. She hugged me and I knew it was Nick, but I was sensitive to others' eyes, knowing we were seen as two women.

A group of guys came and wanted to lift Camilla, some other girls, and myself upon their shoulders for what we call chicken fights. I was certain no one wanted to lift me over their head and onto their shoulders. But Buff was a football player with arms like a strong man’s legs. His hand was on my waist as he asked me to jump. His hands helped lift me and went automatically to my legs near my knees and lifted me easily over his head.

Once an old high school friend spotted my friends and me. He said, “I hadn’t recognized you until I heard someone call you Nicole. I was always sure you were a tomboy, but I was surprised once when you used the boys’ restroom.”

Teri and Camilla both heard what he said. Teri asked, “Were you ever wanting to ask her out?” He, Anthony, paused and asked if I ever noticed him. Well, we were in several classes together every year since junior high; so I said, ‘Yes,’ meaning nothing. It led to him being invited to being at the Back Porch Lounge.

Once we separated from him I told Talia, “I’m staying home tonight. I’m not going to dance with any boys.”

Talia said let’s walk the beach and talk. We did and she said, “If you weren’t going out you should have spoken up back then. Anthony always had issues. He’s been through counseling and his ego needs to be reaffirmed, not disappointed by you staying away.”

=^_^=~

There, ahead of us playing in the sand, this time with mermaids was Debbie and as I looked for her mother twelve feet away there was a young dad, a baby as well as Julie Montgomery. The man scooted up as the baby went into Julie’s arms. Debbie calls out my name cheering, “Nicole, Nicole!”

The Dad holds out his hand, “I’m Matthew Montgomery, we were hoping you girls would come along.”

I introduced Talia as well as Camilla; Julia complimented on how we all looked. They introduced little James. We were invited back to where they had a couple of beach umbrellas to give shade. Camilla and Talia said they were walking on, knowing it was me they wanted to talk to.

Matt said, “Julie made it clear to me that you don’t usually dress like a girl, but if you don’t mind I’d still like us to talk.”

Debbie said, “She’s nice isn’t she Mommy?” It was Matt who replied, “Yes, she’s pretty.” That made Debbie smile.

Matt said, “Having been a boy, what are the adjustments to being a girl?” I had never expected a question like that. Especially to be asked of me on the beach.

I thought, and thought again and finally replied, “The help of others to look like a girl and even more their support and encouragement… I think if it would be needed, having a sister like Debbie would be of help. I too have sisters and I guess, I learned a lot more from them than I realized. If I had parents who needed to; I’d hope they would be open and supportive like you two seem.”

Matt took Julie’s hand and squeezed it; he said, “We’re trying, but we’re not sure how good we are, well at least not me.”

Julie suggested we go up on the boardwalk as they were going to get lunch and did not want the children to get too much sun. I walked with them to the boardwalk and a little way to a shop. Julie asked, “Do you think it would be crazy of me to get a girl’s swimsuit and take pictures so there would be pictures of a young Jamie if the change were to happen?”

I would never have thought of it, but I thought it was a neat idea and that James was too young to be impacted. Yet it would give pictures from when he was younger if he became Jaime. They bought me pink flip-flops and a large cloth I could wrap around as a skirt or use as a shawl. I didn’t know if I enjoyed it because they were being nice or if I was beginning to appreciate being treated as a girl. They had a rental property right on the beach and wanted me to meet Julie’s folks. That I was not ready for.

“Please no,” I whispered to Julie.

She sympathetically looked at me and said, “Okay, I understand it is too much. I had just hoped if they saw a glimpse of what it might be like, it might help them to accept James’ condition.”

I looked at Julie and was thankful for her understanding. I took a step away and then I felt guilty that I was not being as understanding. I turned back to Julie, as I got a message asking where I was. I said, “Wait, Julie, if Teri could come and be with me maybe I could do it?”

I text back to Teri, telling Teri where I was and asking if she could come and help me. She was able and she too had something to tell me.

I told Julie and Mac, we could do it, but I thought there was a problem. I didn’t think Julie’s parents would see me as credible unless they thought I was transitioning. I was not terribly comfortable saying I was but was willing to do it for James. I had experienced the hassle of people bullying me because of my slight build. Julie and the others went into their cottage, with the agreement Teri and I would come in after we talked.

When I went in, Mr. Rowlins quickly told me, “You won’t appreciate my experience, because this might be my only grandson.”

I said, “I have three sisters and no brothers. I too felt the expectations of my grandfathers. But I wasn’t going to be terribly athletic or a sizeable guy anyway. One of my grandfathers voiced his thought and decided it was fairer if he changed his expectations. I guess that was a bigger step than I understood.”

Mrs. Rowlins said, “That is worthy of consideration.” Grandma Grace Rowlins patted for me to sit next to her. She took my hand, “Our grandson is not guaranteed to look as pretty as a girl. He does take after Julie in some ways, but that too can change.”

Julie said, “Nothing is saying he’ll need to or that he’d grow as Nicole has.”

Teri speaks up, “There is no reason to put us on the spot to try to sway you. Nicole didn’t like being pressured and I’m sure she doesn’t want to say what you should do. All this is, was Julie’s idea got you to visually see one side.”

I interrupted, “It’s just hopefully now you won’t worry one option would make James look like a freak.”

“If that is enough, we can leave you alone; or if you have questions we’ll do our best to answer them.”

=^_^=~


We were soon away from there, on our way back to the bungalow.

I remembered Teri had something to tell me, “Okay, Teri what were you going to tell me?”

Teri smiled, “Sit down first. Your mother said she and your sisters would be here tomorrow. She wants to know if you’re willing to stay over with them Sunday and Monday night? ...You’re lucky you’re done with Julie and Debbie.”

I said, “I don’t think so. They said they’d look for me again Sunday and Monday before they leave.”

Teri’s face turned to worry. I said, “My Mom knew I was worried about the stupid bet that I lost… Did she ask about how I fared? And if I went through with the consequence?”

“We told her you did, but that was done and over.”

I asked, “I’m sure she asked to see photos; what did you show her?”

Teri flipped through her phone photos and showed me three. I said, “So she knows I have tan lines fitting a girl’s two-piece swimsuit. I guess I’m going to have to tell my Mom and sisters what’s going on. I learned with my Mom, telling the truth is better than a lie. She’ll see through any lie and then it is worse.”

“If we went with a lie, even after we came honest she wouldn’t trust we said it all.”

Teri and Talia knew my Mom and sisters really well and knew what I was saying was true. When we got back to the others and told them everything. I could see Talia was thinking something else.

I waited until we walked out alone, I asked Talia what she was thinking. “I don’t know what the others are thinking, but you’re not upset about this like you should be. You’re either not upset to stay as Nicole, or you and your family won’t see this as big or a surprise for some reason.” I’m stunned and needed to quickly sit down.

Talia says, “Calm yourself, I may have hit a nerve, but there’s no reason to be frightened. You’ve adapted a little too well. I suspect Teri has figured it out as well.”

She said, “What do you think your mother will say if and when she sees Nicole?”


Story to be continued...

up
161 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Mom & sisters might be a bit surprised

Samantha Heart's picture

But ok by it for the most part as I'm sure they have realized some time ago that Nick was really Nicole

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

At Least

Wendy Jean's picture

Nicole is not fighting this like in the last story. I fought being trans until I was ready to kill myself at age 56. That not being an option, I transitioned as fast as I could when finally I accepted this was who I really was.

We carry many stories...

...within us and the most powerful are the ones we live through. Nicole is very fortunate, though she too carries her own fears and worries. She is stepping forward but ready to run, but she can't get back what others have seen or believe. It is rare for a writer to give a glimpse of what you went through.

I was very young when I unsuccessfully tried to kill myself two times. I had severe rope burns on my neck, was fortunate that I didn't break my neck, and that people were near at the right time.

Jessie C

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Taking it well?

Jamie Lee's picture

Julie's parents took Nicki better than they might have. They could have gone all shouting and angry, telling Nicki to get out in no uncertain terms. But despite what they want for James, they're more open minded than they may think.

Talia makes a very valid point, Nick has gone along with all this a bit to easy. Even when he tried to complain he gave in when Teri brought up points about what he promised. Had he really not wanted to honor losing the bet, they would never have gotten him to wear the two piece swim suit or be seen wearing it on the beach in public. And, once the consequences of losing the bet were over, he would have gone back to wearing his own clothes as quickly as he could.

Nicholas has enjoyed the attention he's been getting as Kicki, and how the girls have been treating him. No, Nicki is going to see her mom and sisters and learn they had their suspicions about him. And after the weekend? What then? What happens when they go back to school? Or when Nick gets home? Will his mom and sister want Kicki around more?

Others have feelings too.