The Titan Queen chapter 1

Printer-friendly version

The Titan Queen

By Cynthia Jeanette

It is six months since Sybilla had her children, and it’s been years since she was transformed into a girl. Sybilla is still angry at losing her male life, and the crown that was supposed to be hers.

Chapter 1
An imposing winged female stands on a podium with her people towering above a sea of other winged people. The crowd before her must number in the hundreds of thousands at least. She was wearing the fearsome crown of her people and a blood-red scarlet robe. It was clear she was very angry.

The crowd was calling for blood. They chanted a single word, “WAR WAR WAR.”

She shouted at her people, “The Humans have broken the treaty that has kept our two peoples at peace for over a generation. They have shed Fay Blood. They have not returned the prisoners and have refused to meet with me. Their new Queen Theodora must be reminded of the consequences of angering Fay!”
The crowd called for war.

“The humans have offended us in the worst possible way. The treaty her father made with us has been broken. Our people have been taken prisoner and killed. This offense has only one answer. What shall our response be, my beloved people?”

Her people responded with one resounding word, “WAR. WAR”

Each ay was usually many times stronger than a human. Even their women were many times stronger than the strongest human male. And the magicians and witches stood no chance against a common fay. The Fay were beings created in magic. And the Fay mages held enormous untold power. Considering that and that the fay reproduces at a rate the humans couldn’t begin to match. The humans faced being overwhelmed.

“Yes. We go to war against the imbeciles of the Kingdom of the Shattered Isles. They attack our people without provocation and kill our people. This has only one response. WAR. Mobilize our army for war. Assemble the generals and chiefs. The other Fay Kingdoms have responded to our call for war against the humans. We will destroy their glorious cities and temples to their Gods. Their fields will be soaked with human blood. They must be taught a lesson they will never forget. They have aroused the anger of the Fay. The Humans must die.”
Her people shouted War and Blood in response as they raised their swords in the air. Their queen rose her enchanted sword in the air and lightning struck it.

@ Months Later

A beautiful Princess Sybilla sat with her Twin babies on the floor watching her eldest girl struggling to stand on her feet for the first time. Her oldest child Blaze, a six-month-old girl was struggling to stand. The boy Gerrick who was only a few minutes younger than his sister Blaze was being held by her mother.

Sybilla was stunningly beautiful. She was reformed by the hand of the Goddess herself during her stunning transformation more than a year ago. It was tragic and considered a curse at first. What had she done to deserve such a horrible fate. The birth of her children helped her but she was still very angry at what was done to her. She was the crown prince and supposed to be the King of her people. The crown was stolen but she had her babies to keep her occupied and she loved them more than anything. But she was still seething with rage at what was taken from her and at the people that so willingly betrayed her. They were getting what they deserved. She was safe and Blaze was standing next to her, balancing herself by holding on to a table.

Blaze was unsteady and almost ready to fall when Sybilla pulled the girl into her arms and kissed the baby’s head. Blaze melted in to her and wanted to try to stand again.

Her husband Seryna walked in and watched her care for her children. Seryina married Sybilla using the title of husband. She wondered in awe how such an arrogant boy could become such a loving and compassionate mother. She remembered when it was arranged for her to marry the crown prince of the Shattered Isles. She liked the young man but he was so arrogant and full of himself. She felt such sympathy for him when he was forcibly transformed into the princess on the day of his coronation and the crown was seized. He threatened to kill his sister that day and never moved past his rage. Even as the princess, Seryna saw the seething rage in his eye. When she read of the invasion by Fay, Sybilla smiled in happiness. This was good news for her. Especially when she heard that her sister Theodora lost her entire army and came back in defeat. Only she knew how to defeat Fay. But Sybilla simply didn’t care. The Kingdom could burn as far as she was concerned. Seryna knew that Sybilla would not lift a finger to help her sister. As far as Sybilla was concerned, the entire Kingdom could burn. The people would be killed or enslaved and Sybilla wouldn’t care one single bit. Serna knew talking to her wife was useless. She was concerned about her family still remaining in their lands near the capital.

Her family, the Plantagenets, were still loyal to the King Theodora Valois. They were going to remain loyal, but they were likely to be killed if this war continued the way it was going. Theodora was trying to raise another army to fight the Fay. Her glorious army that won so many victories over the rebellious families after her seizure of power was utterly destroyed by the Fay. They never stood a chance.

She was watching Blaze try to stand for a second time but that first time about wiped her out. Then there was a loud knock at the door and Seryna opened the door to see some official looking man there. He announced himself as a Representative of the King. Syrina knew this meant trouble.

The representative asked for Princess Sybilla. Sybilla stood up, moved aside from her babies and walked over to the man as if she didn’t give a damn what the man had to say.

The man said he was here in the name of the King Theodora requesting her help leading the war. The King was demanding her help.

Sybilla simply said, “I have no interest in helping in this war. You may leave and tell my sister to handle this war herself. She wanted to be king so bad, this is her problem. I have my family here, my babies and my beloved spouse. We are safe here far outside of the boundaries of the Shattered Isles. Deal with the war yourselves.”

The mans face turned red and said louder, “This wasn’t a request. It was a demand by the King herself. You are required to help us in this time of need. You will follow me to the capital. Only you can help us. You know how to defeat the Fay.”

Sybilla giggled girlishly. She said, “Of course I do, as I was my father’s heir and he taught me. He didn't teach Theodora. She wasn’t supposed to be King. You all wanted her, not me. This is all on you. She was never taught about how to deal with Fay or how to keep the peace with them. She messed up and it’s her problem. I don’t care. Now leave.”

The man refused and became angry. He reached out for Sybilla to force her to come with them when he suddenly cried out and flew head over heels backward. An invisible force threw him back. Sybilla was glowing with energy flowing from her fingertips to her hair. She shouted, “Leave now or you will die.” Then she turned and shut the door.

Seryna looked at her wife with sadness and said, “You know many people will die unless you help them. I wish you would reconsider.”

“They are all getting what they deserve. The Fay will never come this far. It isn't our problem.”

The man left and didn’t bother them again. He wanted to remain living and he knew that Sybilla was serious about killing him. He limped back to the capital. But Sybilla knew this wasn't the end. More people would come requesting her help. Some may have to die before they get the point. The Shattered Isles was doomed, and she was happy to see the kingdom burn around her sadistic and cruel sister.

What was supposed to become a new golden age of peace and enlightenment under the glory of a goddess and female empowerment over their lives, that allowed her to marry the woman she loved as a boy would turn instead into a nightmare under her cruel sister’s ignorance. Sybilla was meant to be the King, as a male. It was supposed to be a male succession, not female. His sister changed all of that thinking she was older and stronger. This mess was her problem, not Sybilla’s. Let her deal with Fay. She simply didn’t care at all. Sybilla smiled a cruel and sinister smile into the darkness of the night thinking of Fay reaching the capital and burning it down. Then carting the survivors to become the slaves under the Fay. The thought brought such joy to Sybilla. She knew there was only one hope for victory against Fay now. She would have to release the Titans from the underworld prison of Tartarus. They were the human’s only hope for victory against the power of the Fay Kingdoms. She wasn’t about to try to enter Tartarus for a bunch of people that humiliated and betrayed her. The memories of her sister turning her into a girl, then claiming the crown because Sybilla was now her younger sister. She no longer had any claim to the crown. There was no male heir anymore. It was such a crushing defeat and so much humiliation. Then Theodora tried to claim her own children. Theodora came to her place and tried to have the guards take her own children from her. Sybilla defeated her sister then but was prevented by the Goddess from killing her or claiming the crown. The Goddess still favored Theodora so be it. If she wanted Theodora to rule then let her solve this problem with Fay. Even this Goddess didn't dare face the power of the Fay. They killed more than one God in the past when they were angry. Theodora royally fucked up.

Sybilla just laughed. Then late into the night, she picked out a book about the underworld and the prison of Tartarus and began reading it. She may help them out now. But they were really going to have to give her everything she wanted. Especially if she was going to go to Tartarus and risk releasing the Titans.

Request from the Author

I would welcome anyone that wants to help me with this. I hope this can become a popular story. i intend to make this a very long epic story of war, betrayal and redemption. BUt I am not the best at spelling and such. I hope someone wants to help me with this

up
102 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Sybilla

This is a good start. I do hope you find someone to help you but I actually think you did well for the first chapter. I hope you do continue

SDom111

Men should be Men and the rest should be as feminine as they can be

Sybilla

I think you are onto a great start. There are those that have the talent to proof read and help out with ideas and help with grammer. I do hope you continue this story

SDom111

Men should be Men and the rest should be as feminine as they can be

Thank you so much

Thank you

Ignorance plugged in the fan

Jamie Lee's picture

It would appear that stupidity, ignorance, and arrogance started a war the humans had no chance of winning.

And a sister pissed off the only person who had the knowledge to defeat the Fay. Care should be taken by Sybilla that she doesn't become that what she hates.

Two wrongs don't make things right in any known, or unknown, book.

Others have feelings too.