A Positive Attitude Part 5 (Final)

Printer-friendly version

Part 5

The nurse took me back to my room where I was put back into bed and given a shot to allow me to sleep. The next day Francesca came to see me and she told me that I was no longer her maid but would now be classed as family, as will Mario when he recovers.

She said that the Don was a changed man who had been shown his own shortcomings and had survived due to the sacrifices of others. She told me that she was being consulted more than before about the business and that she was pushing to promote the legal side of it that created genuine employment for normal people. There would always be the illegal side but she was sure it would reduce over time.

When I was released there was the new car waiting to take me home to my new room down the corridor from Francesca. They were still redecorating the old room that Luigi had so that Mario could move in when he got out of hospital. I was introduced to six new security guys who all greeted me with a respectful bow and kissed my hand. I suppose that having six kills in the service of the Don gave me some standing among the staff, especially as I had killed his son and lived to tell the tale. Down in the kitchen I asked the cook if she had finished the cake we were making and she told me it had been thrown out as she knew that she did not have the skills to get it right without me. We had a hug and we then got started on it again. That afternoon we got the usual raised eyebrows at the first taste and then an ‘interesting’ followed by ‘more please’ so it must have gone well.

Mario came home and moved into the new bedroom and, after a few days for him to settle in we resumed our walks in the garden. I told him that my secret did not survive the operating theatre and that the Don knew everything as well. He said that the Don had told him that I was one of the bravest people he had ever met and that for me to be on his side was far more important than any silly peccadillo in the past. The fact that the peccadillo was orchestrated by Luigi was far more reason for me to be absolved of all blame.

Eventually we had the funeral for Luigi after the police had finalised the case and cleared me of any charges in my protection of the Don. It was a low-key affair and many of the other families only sent a single representative to appease the Don but also to show the depth of disgust at what Luigi had tried to do. I never did find out exactly what it was we were sent to steal but I suspected that it could have been a payment list of high ranking police and government people or, perhaps, a list of bank details.

On one of our walks Mario asked me if was still certain I would not give myself until I married and I laughed and told him I was only trying to deflect him but he said that he took it as the truth and that we would need to be married before I lost my virginity. I asked him if he was serious and he gave me one of those toe-curling kisses that told me he was.

I held on to him and told him that I would love to be his wife but would like to be one who could take him in more than one way. He thought a bit and said that the church would be a lot happier if I was a woman. We discussed it with Francesca and she thought that it would be a wonderful project for her to make me into a genuine woman. She had the contacts to get me all the drugs I needed to start my transition and the journey began that week.

Over the next two months my skin became smoother naturally and my body shape began to define itself into a new outline. Mario and I still had the occasional oral sexual encounter but I was starting to think that he was looking forward to a feminine me more than I was. After three months I was taken back to the hospital to get implants and was now well on the way to the true Adeline. One odd thing that happened during this time was that Francesca and the young surgeon treating me became very friendly. Even after I had come home and had completely healed he made the excuse of my on-going treatment to come to the house to see her. I told her that they made a beautiful couple and one day she gave in to her basic desires and took him up to her room. Coming back down an hour later they both had silly smiles on their faces when they told us that they were now engaged.

He wanted to get married as soon as possible but Francesca put her foot down, saying that she wanted a double wedding and that my part in that was not possible until I was made into a proper wife. Of course, that put the poor man into a frenzy of activity and, within a week, I was being checked over with a view to a full SRS within the next month. True to his word, I was back in hospital the following month for my operation. I was sent to a villa by the sea to convalesce and go through all of the things that one needs to after that surgery.

When I got back to the house there was an air of expectation and even the Don was caught up in it. I think that having the opportunity to give away two daughters in the one wedding touched his sense of grandeur. Of course, everything had to be done with the proper family trappings. The reception was booked at the biggest venue we could find as there was no way that any of the other families would be left off the list. The weddings were to be at the Cathedral in Naples and the weeks up to it were a real eye-opener to me with visits to the dressmaker, and evenings with Francescas’ friends. In all of this, Mario and the surgeon became good friends and spent many an evening having chats over a quiet drink.

Finally the day of the weddings came about. Mario had moved into Naples for a couple of days to get thoroughly drunk with his gay friends. The surgeon had a much more dignified time with his peers. Francesca was taken in to Naples in the family car with the Don beside her and I followed in another Seven Series with one of our guards in attendance. Behind us were two cars with Francescas friends in their bridesmaid dresses. One had volunteered to be my Maid of Honour.
At the Cathedral the Don helped Francesca out of the car and then waited until I had been helped out of mine. We then waited until all of the bridesmaids were in their places before he took the arm of Francesca on his left and me on his right. It must have been quite a sight as we walked into the Cathedral, my retinue behind me and Francescas behind her. Our men were waiting for us at the end of the aisle and we were taken to our places beside them.

The wedding was really beautiful and I had a hard time with tears in my eyes. When Mario was told to lift my veil and kiss me it was hard not to pull him towards me and kiss for ever. I could see that Francesca was in a similar state. At the reception it was amazing, everyone deferred to Francesca as the next head of the family and both Mario and I were given a lot of respect in light of our saving the Don. He, himself was a very happy person and a great time was had by all.

Mario and I left for Brindisi for our honeymoon and Francesca was taken by her husband to Monaco, now that the borders were open again. In Brindisi I gave myself to my man and he revelled in the way we merged, no matter which way we coupled. Back at the house we moved into his room and we started our life as a married couple. When Francesca came home from a much longer honeymoon we became their personal guards. The surgeon was somewhat taken aback by the need of guards but was man enough to realise the reasons for it. He settled into life with the family and still was able to carry out his profession in Naples.

He was home the night the Don had his heart attack and, while doing all he could, was unable to save him. Francesca then became the head of the family but needed us all to help, seeing that she was now four months pregnant. She streamlined the family business and kept it as legal as she could but there was always the undercurrent of illegal activities.

And so we lived our lives in peace and harmony. I do, however, wear my throwing knives under my dress, just in case!

Marianne G 2020

up
151 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thank You

joannebarbarella's picture

A rags to riches story...in a roundabout way!
Thanks, Marianne.

Time ends for all

Jamie Lee's picture

The trip to SRS was quick, though not undesired. Finding an unexpected lot in life, Adeline has been fortunate to finally belong to a family who cared about her.

The Don was just a human male, subject to the same fate all humans face. Whether it was old age, or the heart attack he suffered, the ferry awaits everyone.

Francesca would make an excellent head of the family. She wasn't the shoot first type to get rid of a problem. And she wanted to be legal in business dealings.

This is a nice story to take time to read.

Others have feelings too.